Buy Xbox 360 60GB LIVE Starter Pack for $80, get a $10 credit in Amazon XBL Store

wow, great deal, i was just about to buy one earlier for $90.
Thanks Cheapy.
I am going to take this to SlickDeals if you don't mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great deal, but... unfortunately, the kit does not come with the cable and software disk required to copy the information from my existing 20Gb HD to the new 60Gb HD, thus its kinda pointless since I would still need that to transfer my data.

Thanks CheapyD.

I'm getting a 360 in June. Is 60GB enough? IMO it's enough for all game saves, some DLC and XBLA games, plus some room for installing games to the hard drive. But I don't actually own one. Do any 360 owners feel they need more than 60GB?

[quote name='Marat']wow, great deal, i was just about to buy one earlier for $90.
Thanks Cheapy.
344.jpg

I am going to take this to SlickDeals if you don't mind.[/quote]
Awesome, looks like you found this post just in time!:)

[quote name='nightmare452']Great deal, but... unfortunately, the kit does not come with the cable and software disk required to copy the information from my existing 20Gb HD to the new 60Gb HD, thus its kinda pointless since I would still need that to transfer my data.
quote]

Or you can just re-download everything.
Do what i did and upgrade your high speed cable for just one day and re download everything.
I upgraded to 18MB/sec and it was a breeze.
You're screwed if you have DSL, get the transfer cable.

[quote name='Doomed']I'm getting a 360 in June. Is 60GB enough? IMO it's enough for all game saves, some DLC and XBLA games, plus some room for installing games to the hard drive. But I don't actually own one. Do any 360 owners feel they need more than 60GB?[/quote]
I and most of the other people don't feel like we need more since once again, you can always re download everything.

[quote name='Marat'][quote name='nightmare452']Great deal, but... unfortunately, the kit does not come with the cable and software disk required to copy the information from my existing 20Gb HD to the new 60Gb HD, thus its kinda pointless since I would still need that to transfer my data.
quote]

Or you can just re-download everything.
Do what i did and upgrade your high speed cable for just one day and re download everything.
I upgraded to 18MB/sec and it was a breeze.
You're screwed if you have DSL, get the transfer cable.[/quote]

You'd be SOL of your save files, which is considerably worse than having to re-download stuff.

Yes but you have to either fax it or mail in the application. You can't just fill in an email form or anything like that. I'm going through the process right now.

[quote name='Doomed']I'm getting a 360 in June. Is 60GB enough? IMO it's enough for all game saves, some DLC and XBLA games, plus some room for installing games to the hard drive. But I don't actually own one. Do any 360 owners feel they need more than 60GB?[/quote]
I had a 20GB for years and just recently upgraded to the 60GB. I'd say it's around 30GB with 2 saved game files. I personally think 60GB is more than enough, especially when not all the games are improved with an HDD install.

Just send the request form into Microsoft and put "on order" where they ask for the Elite serial number. Works like a charm. That's how I and dozens of other CAGs got transfer kits.

I just put in "for 60GB hard drive" for the transfer kit and got two. (They still send you two?)

I'm tempted to pick up the 60GB kit. I would like 120GB, but 60GB should be enough. I don't intend to rip games. My current 20GB is only mostly loaded with Rock Band songs. And the 120GB ones on eBay seem shady. No way they can sell those things THAT cheap.

so not to sound like a total moron but this is makes it cheaper to get a
xbox 360 arcade + the above kit < xbox 360 pro?

Are there any disadvantages?

Personally, I like having the 120GB, just so I know I'll never have to worry about deleting stuff, except for game installs. Actually, I would prefer we actually could put whatever hard drive we want in, but that's just wishful thinking.

[quote name='TDAGARIM']especially when not all the games are improved with an HDD install.[/quote]
I don't know about you, but my 360 sounds like a jet engine if I try to play a game that hasn't been HDD installed.

[quote name='Grausherra'][quote name='Marat']
You'd be SOL of your save files, which is considerably worse than having to re-download stuff.[/quote]

My game save files are on my memory cards, i have 256MB X2.
I would not recommend having game save files on a HD since it's not as reliable as a memory card.

Some advice here, My Bestbuy has some 120GB hard drives for $99 they are some of those opened box items. I also have $20 in BB GC so that would be $80 plus tax. The hard drives look new and most importantly they come with the transfer cable which I need since I currently don't have internet at home (writing this from work) and need to transfer some DLC and arcade games. Anyone think this is a good deal or should I go for this 60GB instead?

In for one. Constantly deleting and reloading content was getting annoying. If MS was smarter they would sell these cheaper and profit from greater xbla sales.

[quote name='Marat'][quote name='Grausherra']

My game save files are on my memory cards, i have 256MB X2.
I would not recommend having game save files on a HD since it's not as reliable as a memory card.[/quote]

It's true you can use the memory cards to move your game saves and other stuff to the new hd. The only problem would be those protected game saves like DOA, Ninja Gaiden, etc...

As much as I want this....$80 is a lot to spend and its only the beginning of the month. Arggg...what to do, what to do...

Does anyone know how to use this $10 credit? I'm not seeing any mention of it when I try to check something out at the XBL store.

[quote name='morbis']Does anyone know how to use this $10 credit? I'm not seeing any mention of it when I try to check something out at the XBL store.[/QUOTE]

This is the best I can offer (from the email which you probably have):

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]1. Select an Xbox LIVE online game code for purchase by clicking the “Buy and get code” button.
2. The discount will automatically be applied during checkout.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

bread's done
Back