Buy2 Get 1 Free Sale - Toys R US 10/24-10/30 ad (Online and B&M Info inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tubtub

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
I know this has already been posted, but I have the info too along with the rest of the ad. It is mix and match on all PS2, XB, and GC games(NO GBA are part of the sale...I didn't leave them out). This year they are being strict about everything(similar to last years, but they really want stores to follow it now). For TRU employees, the store director should know of the policy but I think it will be in an e-mail or map later. It's not valid on previous purchases, its up to store discretion to limit quantities(no buying 3 of the same title), and if you return a game you can only exchange it for a game that came out before 10/30 or get $33 credit towards another game. Edit - YMMV on all those rules. I'm sure some stores will be nice about exchanging.

TRU is also changing their price match policy. Now you only have 14 days after you buy something to come back to the store with another store's ad and get the price difference. And they are not matching any ads at all for the Thursday-Sunday of Thanksgiving.

Here's the rest of the 10/24 ad:
XB Action Replay $19.99(reg $29.99)
XB Starter Kit $19.99(reg. $29.99)
XB Pro Gamers Bundle $29.99(reg. $59.99)
XB Cyberpad 2 $9.99(reg. $19.99)
PS2 mini wireless controller $29.99(reg. $39.99)
PS2 Starter kit $19.99(reg. $29.99)
GBA SP Ultimate Pack $39.99(Reg. $49.99)
GC G force controller black, orange, purple, or indigo $9.99(reg. $14.99)
And of course the Buy 2 get 1 free deal(which is probably the only one most people will use)

Edit - It is online, too, but it says something like see online for online offer. I know last year it was slightly different online. I think it only let you get 3 $40 games or 3 $50 games and you couldn't mix and match $40 and $50 titles, and it wasn't valid on all titles, only a selection of titles.

If you return an item with a gift receipt, each game will show up as $33 with the gift receipt. Now you may get lucky and they may let you do an even exchange for another game, but they are supposed to either tell you that you only get $33 back since the person bought it as part of a sale(if you want store credit), or they may allow you to trade it for a game that was already released before the sale ended(there's no way you'd get $50 credit back, the best they'd do is let you get another $50 game that came out before 10/30).

Eligible games list now added (ripped from SD and reformatted)
Not sure if this is just for online or what, but here it is:
Right click here and select "Save target as".

Online codes (added by cheapyd)

GameCube

Buy two GameCube games priced at $19.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGGMCBE7999
Buy two GameCube games priced at $29.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGGMCBE2999
Buy two GameCube games priced at $39.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGGMCBE3999
Buy two GameCube games priced at $49.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGGMCBE4999

PlayStation2

Buy two PlayStation2 games priced at $19.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGPS2GV7999
Buy two PlayStation2 games priced at $29.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGPS2GV2999
Buy two PlayStation2 games priced at $39.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGPS2GV3999
Buy two PlayStation2 games priced at $49.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGPS2GV4999

Xbox

Buy two Xbox games priced at $19.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGXBXVG7999
Buy two Xbox games priced at $29.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGXBXVG2999
Buy two Xbox games priced at $39.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGXBXVG3999
Buy two Xbox games priced at $49.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGXBXVG4999

Well, I hope they do enforce these things so we don't have hassles later on and the sales keep going. Here comes the fun. Can't wait. Thanks for your updates tubtub.

[quote name='Rig']So this starts the 24th? Just making sure...[/quote]
Yes the sale starts the 24th and includes all systems besides GBA, as posted by OP

[quote name='Tromack']Anyone know if Toys R Us is going to carry Shin Megami Tensei? Because that would be damn sweet.[/quote]

Eh?

Anybody know if walmart would price match this? I have church sunday morning, so I couldnt' get there until the afternoon. it would be nice to just take this over to walmart. Or should I just take the ad to walmart and ask if they would next sat when I get the upcoming weeks ads?

[quote name='regisphilbi0']Anybody know if walmart would price match this? I have church sunday morning, so I couldnt' get there until the afternoon. it would be nice to just take this over to walmart. Or should I just take the ad to walmart and ask if they would next sat when I get the upcoming weeks ads?[/quote]

I doubt they would. It isn't strictly a price drop. If they dropped the price of the games to 33.33, then you could. As it is, I doubt they would do anything.

Thats probably a huge YMMV on getting WM to price match it. I know last year some people got Best Buy to match it, but that was a huge YMMV. My WM is really bad about price matching anything. If it's a percentage off or buy something get something free offer they won't honor it and just point to the policy that says they don't match 'gimmick' deals which include percent off sales and buy something to get something else free deals.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll probably just go there Sat. after I get the ads and ask if they would price match. The only time I've ever had a problem price matching was from an online store (newegg.com, for KOTOR) so I'll give that a shot. Plus, I can see what they have online. I have a feeling that by the time I get there the games I want (Paper Mario, Burnout 3, mainly) will be sold out. What to do, what to do...

I'd also like to know about pricematches. I've already preordered GTA:SA at BB and I've heard things like TRU won't PM Frys. I'm hoping that Frys will have GTA:SA on sale that same week and if BB will honor TRUs B2G1 sale, that would be a great cheapass deal! Plus I'd get reward points!

Thanks for the clearification too Tubtub! :!:

[quote name='Tromack']Anyone know if Toys R Us is going to carry Shin Megami Tensei? Because that would be damn sweet.[/quote]

I haven't seen any clamshells for the game yet...but then, we don't always get clamshells in time.

I'd be glad to hear they're trying to get their act together on the policies surrounding the deal, but we all know (those of us who work for TRU) that the individual manager quite possibly won't have any idea of such.

Here comes the fun, indeed.

Wait wait wait - I'm blind.

What happened to the sale being on two weekends, with the first weekend focused on GBA? Someone point me to the thread explaining this. =P

[quote name='Trakan']Casey, I asked today and you can. Tubtub, thanks for clearing all of this up.[/quote]

awesome! Since Taiko is supposed to be pretty lame and Crisis Zone supposedly sucks pretty badly I plan on getting:

Onimusha 3
Mega Man:AC
Gradius V or Neo Contra

and

Bond: EON
Katamari Damancy
Maximo:Army of Zin

all for Christmas

I was at TRU tonight and I didn't see Katamari Damacy, but I did see KOF which I plan on picking up during the sale. :D

[quote name='Trakan']I was at TRU tonight and I didn't see Katamari Damacy, but I did see KOF which I plan on picking up during the sale. :D[/quote]

I am thinking of picking up some games for me, but I have so much to play right now

that is so awesome that i get paid 2 days before this happens. i thought i was going to miss out since i bought too many games from these past few deals. none multiple copies either,DAMN YOU CAG (j/k). at least i can buy games now because of this site. i got like 4 games for the price of 1 which is great.

[quote name='Vtdgnca']sweet I doubt there are much of the 50% of titles left though.[/quote]
You would be very surprised.

[quote name='swick'][quote name='Vtdgnca']sweet I doubt there are much of the 50% of titles left though.[/quote]
You would be very surprised.[/quote]

Yeah, my TRU has a whole fucking table full of them.

mine tru had a bunch of green tags left today when i went. i bought a dreamcast game (since i hadn't bought one for it yet since i got it in like may or something like that). i'm not going to pick up 3 $50 games, maybe 1 $50, and 2 $40 or something. not sure though.

You know, i'm entirely baffled how so many of us who work at TRU could be told by our management cube/gba was the 17th and ps2/xbox was the 24th... I mean, look thru all the posts about this sale and you'll see plenty of people say the exact same thing I had. Bleh, oh well.

im glad TRU is not allowing people to return games. Many people said they are going to buy junk games and then return them for halo 2 and other games that are coming out in NOV.

This is a great deal, although there is nothing I really want for XBOX....

What are some GOOD games that are out or coming out by then?

ARRGH! GBA games not being included foils my master plan!

Well, okay, it wasn't a master plan, but Wario Ware GC, Mario 4 GBA and Alien Hominid GC was a perfect 3-$30-games-for-$60 trio. :(

So this returning policy also effect gift receipt returns also? Just wanted to make sure that this clear to everyone. Also, can I get a pre order on GTA: SA and have it work with this deal so I can guarantee my copy when it comes out.

im glad TRU is not allowing people to return games. Many people said they are going to buy junk games and then return them for halo 2 and other games that are coming out in NOV.

Why would you be glad? How does this affect you? If the receipt doesn't explicitly explain a new return policy it will business as usual for me. GTA San Andreas sale week and Halo 2 & Ratchet 3 week of November 9th. If the policy is officially changed, oh well my bad luck. You win some and loose some.

FYI - I had the TRU flyer last year for this sale. My local TRU had been wiped out of anything good by the time I got there. However, I was able to get the Circuit City down the street to price match the deal! They had a MUCH better selection, obviously.

So I'm Christmas shopping for sure! Paper Mario and Donkey Konga here I come!

I need ideas on wht games to get??
So far I am thinking:
Donkey Conga (GC)
??FIFA 2005 (XBX)
??THUG 2 (XBX)
??Xmen Legends (XBX)

Something to think about - go a few days before the sale and pick out what games you are going to get... then hide the tickets behind something like NASCAR 2003.

[quote name='soulwish2003']Something to think about - go a few days before the sale and pick out what games you are going to get... then hide the tickets behind something like NASCAR 2003.[/quote]

There are still TRUs that use tickets? Anyway, that is a pretty crappy thing to do.

For the TRU employees - I was in a store during the 50%-off sale and the Manager kept running checks for me in the back of the store. It seems the employees hat gutted the store of the good games and had them on hold for themselves (Some had been on hold for months waiting for the sale).

Is this a pretty uniform activity throughout the world of Toys R Us and do any of you have recommendations/suggestions for best way to get them to pull those suckers back out?

...the guy also mentioned that many of the employees were shamelessly selling the games on Ebay and had made a business out of pulling all of the good games, buying on sale, and selling on Ebay...

[quote name='chosen1s']Yeah,

HIDE the tickets! Don't do anything silly like take them home with you and bring them back 3 days later![/quote]

I hate it when sales bring out the worst in people. Don't cheat.

I'm going on the 24th and god willing I will be able to get Paper Mario, Burnout 3, and X-Men Legends. If not, I have a good list for Christmas.

I know where I'm getting GTA: San Andreas from!

If only TRU had KOF: Maximum Impact with Terry Bogard's hat I'd pick that game up there too. It's sad but I just want the game for the hat and bonus material.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back