Buy2 Get 1 Free Sale - Toys R US 10/24-10/30 ad (Online and B&M Info inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tubtub

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
I know this has already been posted, but I have the info too along with the rest of the ad. It is mix and match on all PS2, XB, and GC games(NO GBA are part of the sale...I didn't leave them out). This year they are being strict about everything(similar to last years, but they really want stores to follow it now). For TRU employees, the store director should know of the policy but I think it will be in an e-mail or map later. It's not valid on previous purchases, its up to store discretion to limit quantities(no buying 3 of the same title), and if you return a game you can only exchange it for a game that came out before 10/30 or get $33 credit towards another game. Edit - YMMV on all those rules. I'm sure some stores will be nice about exchanging.

TRU is also changing their price match policy. Now you only have 14 days after you buy something to come back to the store with another store's ad and get the price difference. And they are not matching any ads at all for the Thursday-Sunday of Thanksgiving.

Here's the rest of the 10/24 ad:
XB Action Replay $19.99(reg $29.99)
XB Starter Kit $19.99(reg. $29.99)
XB Pro Gamers Bundle $29.99(reg. $59.99)
XB Cyberpad 2 $9.99(reg. $19.99)
PS2 mini wireless controller $29.99(reg. $39.99)
PS2 Starter kit $19.99(reg. $29.99)
GBA SP Ultimate Pack $39.99(Reg. $49.99)
GC G force controller black, orange, purple, or indigo $9.99(reg. $14.99)
And of course the Buy 2 get 1 free deal(which is probably the only one most people will use)

Edit - It is online, too, but it says something like see online for online offer. I know last year it was slightly different online. I think it only let you get 3 $40 games or 3 $50 games and you couldn't mix and match $40 and $50 titles, and it wasn't valid on all titles, only a selection of titles.

If you return an item with a gift receipt, each game will show up as $33 with the gift receipt. Now you may get lucky and they may let you do an even exchange for another game, but they are supposed to either tell you that you only get $33 back since the person bought it as part of a sale(if you want store credit), or they may allow you to trade it for a game that was already released before the sale ended(there's no way you'd get $50 credit back, the best they'd do is let you get another $50 game that came out before 10/30).

Eligible games list now added (ripped from SD and reformatted)
Not sure if this is just for online or what, but here it is:
Right click here and select "Save target as".

Online codes (added by cheapyd)

GameCube

Buy two GameCube games priced at $19.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGGMCBE7999
Buy two GameCube games priced at $29.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGGMCBE2999
Buy two GameCube games priced at $39.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGGMCBE3999
Buy two GameCube games priced at $49.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGGMCBE4999

PlayStation2

Buy two PlayStation2 games priced at $19.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGPS2GV7999
Buy two PlayStation2 games priced at $29.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGPS2GV2999
Buy two PlayStation2 games priced at $39.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGPS2GV3999
Buy two PlayStation2 games priced at $49.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGPS2GV4999

Xbox

Buy two Xbox games priced at $19.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGXBXVG7999
Buy two Xbox games priced at $29.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGXBXVG2999
Buy two Xbox games priced at $39.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGXBXVG3999
Buy two Xbox games priced at $49.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGXBXVG4999

I heard rumors that GTA SA was going to be delayed until Nov. Anyone else heard anything of that sort?

If not, then it's GTA SA, Paper Mario TTYD and Phantom Brave for me. I'll probably drop another $100 and get 3 other titles (don't know what yet) as presents.

Is it definite that GBA games won't be included? Tubtub, maybe you just accidentally left them out of your post...?

What? I can hope...

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='Trakan']Casey, I asked today and you can. Tubtub, thanks for clearing all of this up.[/quote]

awesome! Since Taiko is supposed to be pretty lame [/quote]How do you know it's lame, there's no review on it yet and it was a very popular series in Japan. Also, although Time Crisis: Crisis Zone got a bad review at IGN, it got solid reviews at GMR, PSM, etc. I read the review and can tell the editor does not like light gun games, because all he basically complained about it being short and being a little old.

I'm planning to get Taiko Drum Master if TRU has it during the sale, since that's one of my most wanted games. I'm also looking at getting Shadow Hearts: Covenant and Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne.

Hopefully I can get GTA:SA, X-Men Legends, and Burnout 3. I'm only doing 3 games this year unless they have Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne. If they have that then I'll also pick up Paper Mario and some other $50 title. Crap, this is going to be an expensive month.

[quote name='Samurai T'][quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='Trakan']Casey, I asked today and you can. Tubtub, thanks for clearing all of this up.[/quote]

awesome! Since Taiko is supposed to be pretty lame [/quote]How do you know it's lame, there's no review on it yet and it was a very popular series in Japan. Also, although Time Crisis: Crisis Zone got a bad review at IGN, it got solid reviews at GMR, PSM, etc. I read the review and can tell the editor does not like light gun games, because all he basically complained about it being short and being a little old.

I'm planning to get Taiko Drum Master if TRU has it during the sale, since that's one of my most wanted games. I'm also looking at getting Shadow Hearts: Covenant and Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne.[/quote]

I played the Japanese version of Taiko drum master and it was hella fun, great party game too.

[quote name='Gameboy415']God I wish Guilty Gear Isuka was out in time for this :([/quote]

You might want to wait for the Xbox version. It looks like there are some annoying play machanics in the PS2 release and hopefully the developers will take time to fix these before the Live-enabled Xbox version comes out.

New PS2 games release from 10/19 - 10/28

Growlaser Generation (MSRP $49.99)
Neo Contra (MSRP $39.99)
Time Crisiz: Crisis Zone (MSRP $39.99 - $59.99)
Ace Combat 5 (MSRP $49.99)
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (MSRP $49.99)
Taiko Drum Master (MSPR $59.99)
The Bard's Tale (MSRP $49.99)
The Nightmare of Druaga: Fushigino Dungeon (MSRP $39.99)

PS2 new release
Shin megami Tensei: Nocturne ($49.99)
Mortal Kombat ($49.99)
Star Ocean 3 ($49.99)
Def Jam 2 ($49.99)
Blood Will Tell ($39.99)
Shadow Hearts 2: Convant ($49.99)
Amor Core: Nexus ($49.99)
Crash Twinsanity ($49.99)
Monster Hunter ($49.99)
Conflict: Vietnam ($39.99)
FIFA 2005 ($49.99)
Dynasty Warriors 4: Empire ($29.99)
Gradius 5 ($29.99)
Street Fighter II: Anniversay Collection ($29.99)
Sly 2 ($39.99)
Silent Hill 4 ($49.99)
Viewtiful Joe ($29.99)
Burnout 3 ($49.99)

PS2 $19.99 games
Midway Arcade Treasure 2
Katamari Damacy
Dynasty Warriors 4
Drakengard
Cy Girl
Manhunt
007: Everything or Nothing
Maximo vs Army of Zin
Nightshade
Socom 2
Ratchet & Clank 2: GC
Jak 2
Rise of Honor
True Crime: Street of LA

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 2

NEW XBOX games release from 10/19 - 10/28

Dead or Alive: Ulitmate (MSRP $54.99)
Otogi 2 (MSRP $39.99)
Doom 3 (MSRP $49.99)
Fatal Frame 2: Director Cut (MSRP $49.99)
Men of Valor (MSRP $49.99)

New GC games
Donkey Kong Konga w/ Drum
Paper Mario
Pikmin 2

PS. Ninja Turtles 2 is very very bad game on 3 version (DON"T BUY IT unless you wanted play classic game)

Also isn't Dead or Alive Ultimate $49.99? I know when I preordered it @ EB 2 months ago it said $54.99 but its showing up $49.99 on their website and everywhere else.

I am staying far, far away from the $50 dollar game this year.... I passed on everything last year, since the selection wasn't really to my liking, but here's my presumed list for this year's B2G1.

For PS2, I'll pick up Katamari Damacy (my Toys'R'Us is usually very good on carrying niche titles for the first few weeks its released), Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando, and Jak II.

For Gamecube, I'll pick up Wind Waker, Viewtiful Joe, and perhaps Animal Crossing or Pikmin.

Ah yes. And thank you very much tubtub, for the news. My appreciation goes out to the Toys'R'Us employees who brought us this news. They deserve a hand. :D

[quote name='soulwish2003']Something to think about - go a few days before the sale and pick out what games you are going to get... then hide the tickets behind something like NASCAR 2003.[/quote]

LMFAO

[quote name='sying'][quote name='soulwish2003']Something to think about - go a few days before the sale and pick out what games you are going to get... then hide the tickets behind something like NASCAR 2003.[/quote]

LMFAO[/quote]

That only works if your TRU has tickets. Mine got rid of them years ago. They still use them for pre-orders though.

[quote name='Masterkyo']New PS2 games release from 10/19 - 10/28

Growlaser Generation (MSRP $49.99)
Neo Contra (MSRP $39.99)
Time Crisiz: Crisis Zone (MSRP $39.99 - $59.99)
Ace Combat 5 (MSRP $49.99)
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (MSRP $49.99)
Taiko Drum Master (MSPR $59.99)
The Nightmare of Druaga: Fushigino Dungeon (MSRP $39.99)

PS2 new release
Shin megami Tensei: Nocturne ($49.99)
Mortal Kombat ($49.99)
Star Ocean 3 ($49.99)
Def Jam 2 ($49.99)
Blood Will Tell ($39.99)
Shadow Hearts 2: Convant ($49.99)
Amor Core: Nexus ($49.99)
Crash Twinsanity ($49.99)
Monster Hunter ($49.99)
Conflict: Vietnam ($39.99)
FIFA 2005 ($49.99)
Dynasty Warriors 4: Empire ($29.99)
Gradius 5 ($29.99)
Street Fighter II: Anniversay Collection ($29.99)
Sly 2 ($39.99)
Silent Hill 4 ($49.99)
Viewtiful Joe ($29.99)
Burnout 3 ($49.99)

PS2 $19.99 games
Midway Arcade Treasure 2
Katamari Damacy
Dynasty Warriors 4
Drakengard
Cy Girl
Manhunt
007: Everything or Nothing
Maximo vs Army of Zin
Nightshade
Socom 2
Ratchet & Clank 2: GC
Jak 2
Rise of Honor
True Crime: Street of LA

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 2

NEW XBOX games release from 10/19 - 10/28

Dead or Alive: Ulitmate (MSRP $54.99)
Otogi 2 (MSRP $39.99)
Doom 3 (MSRP $49.99)
Fatal Frame 2: Director Cut (MSRP $49.99)
Men of Valor (MSRP $49.99)

New GC games
Donkey Kong Konga w/ Drum
Paper Mario
Pikmin 2

PS. Ninja Turtles 2 is very very bad game on 3 version (DON"T BUY IT unless you wanted play classic game)[/quote]

Growlanser delayed.

Tubtub, you are the man. thanks a ton on veryfing this. So just to make sure, it's starting on the 24th and not on the 17th, right. Also it's going to be mix-n-match and not separate individual weeks?

No GBA games? Then TRU doesn't get any of my money...

On the plus side, this means that I won't be tempted to buy games for the consoles that I don't have. :)

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']No GBA games? Then TRU doesn't get any of my money...

On the plus side, this means that I won't be tempted to buy games for the consoles that I don't have. :)[/quote]

I'm disappointed by this too. I have so many GBA games I want to get still (FF:TA, Mario and Luigi, Fire Emblem) I guess I'll just get them at Best Buy with the GGC eventually. But I'm still going to do this deal. I'm buy GTA:SA anyway so I might as well get in on this.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']No GBA games? Then TRU doesn't get any of my money...

On the plus side, this means that I won't be tempted to buy games for the consoles that I don't have. :)[/quote]

yeah i really wanted to get aria of sorrow at this sale. if i can combine this with green tag items, that may make the sale worthwhile to me

For all you agoraphobics who were wondering....
Yes this deal will be available online during the same week as the B&M deal. In addition XBOX software will have free shipping that week.

Thanks so much tubtub. Thanks to you I'm most likely going to save my money and stop by TRU to take advantage of this, thinking of R&C 2, ? ? don't know what else I'm getting yet, they don't all have to be the same price do they? Can one be 20 and another 50 or 30? Cuz the examples people are showing isn't helping :|

[quote name='x0thedeadzone0x']Thanks so much tubtub. Thanks to you I'm most likely going to save my money and stop by TRU to take advantage of this, thinking of R&C 2, ? ? don't know what else I'm getting yet, they don't all have to be the same price do they? Can one be 20 and another 50 or 30? Cuz the examples people are showing isn't helping :|[/quote]

They could all be different prices, but of course you'd get the cheapest one free.

[quote name='jetsetmario']For all you agoraphobics who were wondering....
Yes this deal will be available online during the same week as the B&M deal. In addition XBOX software will have free shipping that week.[/quote]

That is horribly awesome.

If I order online, can I order games that haven't come out yet and still qualify for the buy 2 get one free deal?
Just wondering if anybody knew, not sure of the exact details.

I'm not entirely sure if games that haven't been released yet would be allowed in the online deal. Unfortunately I don't have anyway of checking up on that either until the deal actually starts. Sorry.

I posted this before.I called the Slidell,La. and Baton Rouge,La. stores and asked the manager if I buy 2 games now and they have the Buy 2 get 1 Free Sale will I be able to bring my receipt in and get a free game.Both store managers said as long as the sale is within 30 days of my purchase then I could bring in my receipt and get a free game(lowest price of course).This may help for you to get at least 2 games you want.Also is Disgaea worth getting at green tag price of$25?I saw 1 copy left at TRU

For the TRU employees - I was in a store during the 50%-off sale and the Manager kept running checks for me in the back of the store. It seems the employees hat gutted the store of the good games and had them on hold for themselves (Some had been on hold for months waiting for the sale).

Is this a pretty uniform activity throughout the world of Toys R Us and do any of you have recommendations/suggestions for best way to get them to pull those suckers back out?

...the guy also mentioned that many of the employees were shamelessly selling the games on Ebay and had made a business out of pulling all of the good games, buying on sale, and selling on Ebay...

Thats not standard practice at most stores. Employees do get pretty much first picks, but most stores only allow employees to hold stuff for a few days, maximum is usually like a week or until pay day. If you don't buy it by then, the items are going right back out to be sold to customers, although some stores will let people hold them indefinitely. The best you could do is talk to the manager and see if he'll sell you some of them as the employees have had them so long in the back. If you are really mad you could call the 1-800 number and complain and they will call the store and try to help you out some(although unless you are positive about this, they side with the store a lot).

Also, if you guys want GTA: SA, you should preorder at TRU. It guarantees you'll get one for the Buy2get1 sale as long as you come in that week. And if they didn't have a copy held for you, they would most likely allow you to get a raincheck or something so you could use GTA as part of the deal when they get it back in and just buy 2 games now and get GTA free later.

[quote name='hlb96']Also is Disgaea worth getting at green tag price of$25?I saw 1 copy left at TRU[/quote]

Yes, it is very rare.

Thank you to all the TRU employees who have tried to keep us up to date. I'm glad that all systems are happening at the same time.

In the past I've gotten new games, but the main ones I want aren't out until Nov.

This year there have been so many games that have dropped down to twenty dollars with in the last few weeks, that I'm hoping to catch up.

Lord of the Rings: RotK
NFL Street
THUG
Crimson Skies
Drakengard
Midwau Arcade Treasures 2
Crimson Skies
Project Gotham 2

Will just depend on what's in stock. Can't wait. :lol:

How is TRU about getting games in on the day thet they are release? Is it like Best Buy or Target where they get them in a few days after they have been released?

I want to get GTA San Andreas, DOA Ultimate and Tiger Woods 2005 but GTA and DOA don't come out until the 26th.

TRU is usually really good about release dates. For popular games they get them the day after the ship date(earlier than BB, Target, CC, but later than EB and Gamestop). GTA:SA should be at TRU 10/27 plus they do reserves which guarantees you a copy when it comes in. On the reserve tickets they usually say its expected 2 days after the ship date just to cover it in case it doesn't make it over night, but most games come the day after the ship date(example...Paper mario was advertised as in stores 10/13, but TRU got them 10/12). Some of the less popular stuff can take forever to make it to TRU stores(for some reason we just started getting Mega Man Red sun and blue moon though they've been out since august and games like I ninja came a week or two after the release), though, but for the most part they are pretty good.

[quote name='Yeahman']Thank you to all the TRU employees who have tried to keep us up to date. I'm glad that all systems are happening at the same time.

In the past I've gotten new games, but the main ones I want aren't out until Nov.

This year there have been so many games that have dropped down to twenty dollars with in the last few weeks, that I'm hoping to catch up.

Lord of the Rings: RotK
NFL Street
THUG
Crimson Skies
Drakengard
Midwau Arcade Treasures 2
Crimson Skies
Project Gotham 2

Will just depend on what's in stock. Can't wait. :lol:[/quote]

you going to pick up two Crimson Skies? Didn't realize Drakengard had dropped, and Crimson Skies looks good. I am looking at picking up just $20 games too, but with all the choices its going to be tough limiting myself.

As for ONLINE....I remember one year they let you do pre-orders....but I think they may have changed that. IT was a few years ago when I did it.

Ugh... I keep checking the CAG forums for this deal, and it changes every week. First it was supposed to be the 10th, then it changed to GC on the 17th and the rest on the 24th.... Now this... I check and it says the dates for the coming weekend, so I drive home from college to get to the Toys R Us (and to get home), and then I happen to check again over the weekend and it's been changed... again...

So, what are the odds this is going to end up being pushed to the 31st? Or is the 24th the FINAL, absolutely, positively sure date, with ZERO chance of our idea of the date changing again?

[quote name='kylek85']Ugh... I keep checking the CAG forums for this deal, and it changes every week. First it was supposed to be the 10th, then it changed to GC on the 17th and the rest on the 24th.... Now this... I check and it says the dates for the coming weekend, so I drive home from college to get to the Toys R Us (and to get home), and then I happen to check again over the weekend and it's been changed... again...

So, what are the odds this is going to end up being pushed to the 31st? Or is the 24th the FINAL, absolutely, positively sure date, with ZERO chance of our idea of the date changing again?[/quote]

This is what was printed in the ad. I'm almost positive that this is the deal, and that the other versions that were posted here were incorrect.

Drat. If only this sale was postponed a couple of weeks, then it would be worthwhile for me. Looks like another sale I won't be participating in. Oh well. Hope everyone enjoys the games they pick up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back