Buy2 Get 1 Free Sale - Toys R US 10/24-10/30 ad (Online and B&M Info inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tubtub

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
I know this has already been posted, but I have the info too along with the rest of the ad. It is mix and match on all PS2, XB, and GC games(NO GBA are part of the sale...I didn't leave them out). This year they are being strict about everything(similar to last years, but they really want stores to follow it now). For TRU employees, the store director should know of the policy but I think it will be in an e-mail or map later. It's not valid on previous purchases, its up to store discretion to limit quantities(no buying 3 of the same title), and if you return a game you can only exchange it for a game that came out before 10/30 or get $33 credit towards another game. Edit - YMMV on all those rules. I'm sure some stores will be nice about exchanging.

TRU is also changing their price match policy. Now you only have 14 days after you buy something to come back to the store with another store's ad and get the price difference. And they are not matching any ads at all for the Thursday-Sunday of Thanksgiving.

Here's the rest of the 10/24 ad:
XB Action Replay $19.99(reg $29.99)
XB Starter Kit $19.99(reg. $29.99)
XB Pro Gamers Bundle $29.99(reg. $59.99)
XB Cyberpad 2 $9.99(reg. $19.99)
PS2 mini wireless controller $29.99(reg. $39.99)
PS2 Starter kit $19.99(reg. $29.99)
GBA SP Ultimate Pack $39.99(Reg. $49.99)
GC G force controller black, orange, purple, or indigo $9.99(reg. $14.99)
And of course the Buy 2 get 1 free deal(which is probably the only one most people will use)

Edit - It is online, too, but it says something like see online for online offer. I know last year it was slightly different online. I think it only let you get 3 $40 games or 3 $50 games and you couldn't mix and match $40 and $50 titles, and it wasn't valid on all titles, only a selection of titles.

If you return an item with a gift receipt, each game will show up as $33 with the gift receipt. Now you may get lucky and they may let you do an even exchange for another game, but they are supposed to either tell you that you only get $33 back since the person bought it as part of a sale(if you want store credit), or they may allow you to trade it for a game that was already released before the sale ended(there's no way you'd get $50 credit back, the best they'd do is let you get another $50 game that came out before 10/30).

Eligible games list now added (ripped from SD and reformatted)
Not sure if this is just for online or what, but here it is:
Right click here and select "Save target as".

Online codes (added by cheapyd)

GameCube

Buy two GameCube games priced at $19.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGGMCBE7999
Buy two GameCube games priced at $29.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGGMCBE2999
Buy two GameCube games priced at $39.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGGMCBE3999
Buy two GameCube games priced at $49.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGGMCBE4999

PlayStation2

Buy two PlayStation2 games priced at $19.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGPS2GV7999
Buy two PlayStation2 games priced at $29.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGPS2GV2999
Buy two PlayStation2 games priced at $39.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGPS2GV3999
Buy two PlayStation2 games priced at $49.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGPS2GV4999

Xbox

Buy two Xbox games priced at $19.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGXBXVG7999
Buy two Xbox games priced at $29.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGXBXVG2999
Buy two Xbox games priced at $39.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGXBXVG3999
Buy two Xbox games priced at $49.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGXBXVG4999

[quote name='chickenhawk'][quote name='valleyvampiress']So I call my local (Santa Cruz) TRU to find out if they're doing the sale early, and low and behold, he said they already did it last week. :(

Now I know why I saw a bunch of empty shelves at TRU last time I was down there. This is so depressing.[/quote]

WTF!?! I think that guy is messing with you.[/quote]

It makes sense though. Last time I was down there which was last weekend, there were only a handfull of games out of their entire shelves of games. The only chance I have now is online.

THanks tubtub for the list and the codes. Now to see if my TRU will have anything because when I went for a preliminary scan to se what they have, they basically had a lot of empty shelves where stuff should have been.

I'm not anticipating this sale very much, becuase my TRU has little to no games! The Green Tag sale, at the beginning, was okay. But now, the shelves are bare, and left with all crap games. New releases are rarely there on time, and the clerks are ignorant when it comes to these types of sales. But, hopefully I can find a few games worth picking up.

You guys better get your butts to TRU and get the games you want now...they may not be there come Sunday. The woman who rang me up said that she had several people come in today and throughout the week getting stuff early. She said that everyone seemed to be getting Paper Mario 2, Pikmin 2, and Donkey Konga as their 3 games. A lot of people pre-ordered GTA:SA for the sale as well. Also, if you buy them early DON'T OPEN THEM!!!

I just came back from my local TRU and picked up:

Paper Mario 2 (last one)
Pikmin 2 (3 copies left)
GTA:SA (pre-order)
Megaman X Command Mission (plenty left)
Donkey Konga (last one)
Pokemon Colloseum (plenty left)

[quote name='JC10001']You guys better get your butts to TRU and get the games you want now...they may not be there come Sunday. The woman who rang me up said that she had several people come in today and throughout the week getting stuff early. She said that everyone seemed to be getting Paper Mario 2, Pikmin 2, and Donkey Konga as their 3 games. A lot of people pre-ordered GTA:SA for the sale as well. Also, if you buy them early DON'T OPEN THEM!!!

I just came back from my local TRU and picked up:

Paper Mario 2 (last one)
Pikmin 2 (3 copies left)
GTA:SA (pre-order)
Megaman X Command Mission (plenty left)
Donkey Konga (last one)
Pokemon Colloseum (plenty left)[/quote]

If I'm not mistaken, the first post metioned that the deal is not eligible on previous purchases. Depending on the store, these people might be out of luck. Then again, you could always just return them and then repurchase them right away.

better question:

you buy three similarly-priced Green Tag sale games now. then you come back on Sunday to get the one game free. will you be allowed to take advantage of both sales? I'm thinking YMMV, but it just might work.

EDIT: if this can't be used on previous purchases, it wouldn't work. but you never know...

If I'm not mistaken, the first post metioned that the deal is not eligible on previous purchases. Depending on the store, these people might be out of luck. Then again, you could always just return them and then repurchase them right away.

Yeah, as long as you don't open them you can return them and then repurchase them.

lol, you know what guys? as more I read about the posts you people make, I felt things really get quite complicated. So I tell myself that I am just going to make thing simple for me and just spend my $100 on 3 games I want and be happy about it.

[quote name='chickenhawk'][quote name='valleyvampiress']So I call my local (Santa Cruz) TRU to find out if they're doing the sale early, and low and behold, he said they already did it last week. :(

Now I know why I saw a bunch of empty shelves at TRU last time I was down there. This is so depressing.[/quote]

Never under estimate the retardation of Santa Cruz, everything is done slightly different down there, and usually not for the better. Thank god I'm out of there.

The employee at my TRU confirmed that it started this Sunday. The other employees that said it ended may have been confused with the myriad of other BxG1F deals such as the board games, DVDs and also the EA Sports 2005 B2G1F deal.

But everyone's right, the shelves did look a little bare. Is everyone really just going in droves and buying up everything to return? This seems drastic as I remember it wasn't so bad last year and I live in a heavily populated area.

[quote name='bradr']But everyone's right, the shelves did look a little bare. Is everyone really just going in droves and buying up everything to return? This seems drastic as I remember it wasn't so bad last year and I live in a heavily populated area.[/quote]

That's what people are doing. A lot of people had trouble getting exactly what they wanted last year since they didn't find out about the sale until after it already started. The sale dates were leaked everywhere weeks in advance this time so the anticipation level is higher this year than it was in year's past. Also...people who want to keep up with the new releases will be coming out in droves trying to save money because of all the games coming out.

[quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='chickenhawk'][quote name='valleyvampiress']So I call my local (Santa Cruz) TRU to find out if they're doing the sale early, and low and behold, he said they already did it last week. :(

Never under estimate the retardation of Santa Cruz, everything is done slightly different down there, and usually not for the better. Thank god I'm out of there.[/quote]

It's actually funny you should mention that because I did some work for a client there and it was one of the worst client experiences in my life.

TRU must know about the buy now-return when sale is on "trick". Wonder if they'll just keep all the VG returns for that week in the back and put them out when the sale is over. If they do that, we all lose.

[quote name='bradr']TRU must know about the buy now-return when sale is on "trick". Wonder if they'll just keep all the VG returns for that week in the back and put them out when the sale is over. If they do that, we all lose.[/quote]

That is what I am worried about. I know they tag returns when you bring them back so maybe they willdo that. Doing it is tempting, but I don't know.

If the store will allow you to buy early and return during the sale, are you supposed to buy all 3 now? or just 2 and pick the 3rd when you come back?

[quote name='jimbodan']If the store will allow you to buy early and return during the sale, are you supposed to buy all 3 now? or just 2 and pick the 3rd when you come back?[/quote]

You can buy as many as you want early but if you are looking to get 3 specific games you should buy all 3.

[quote name='chickenhawk'][quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='chickenhawk'][quote name='valleyvampiress']So I call my local (Santa Cruz) TRU to find out if they're doing the sale early, and low and behold, he said they already did it last week. :(

Never under estimate the retardation of Santa Cruz, everything is done slightly different down there, and usually not for the better. Thank god I'm out of there.[/quote]

It's actually funny you should mention that because I did some work for a client there and it was one of the worst client experiences in my life.[/quote]

I actually really like SC. I don't live there, but live in a town next to it. Most people I've talked to who've been there, love it. You guys are two of the few who don't like it.

I'm a big beach person though, so that might explain my love for the town. That and SC is a very accepting town of alternative lifestyles.

So nobody has guessed where is it that I live (look at a couple of dozen post back if not familiar with the subject) I'll give you all another clue(damn, this might give it away!): It's very close to Mexico...
Don't get mad about deviating from the main subject... this is just to pass the time until sunday...
Anyways, just so I don't get in trouble here is a topic related question: mmm, mmm.... mmmm... :idea: : when is the sale starting exactly?? LOL joking...

[quote name='cronnos']So nobody has guessed where is it that I live (look at a couple of dozen post back if not familiar with the subject) I'll give you all another clue(damn, this might give it away!): It's very close to Mexico...
Don't get mad about deviating from the main subject... this is just to pass the time until sunday...
Anyways, just so I don't get in trouble here is a topic related question: mmm, mmm.... mmmm... :idea: : when is the sale starting exactly?? LOL joking...[/quote]

Off topic: I'm not sure if any place near Mexico would be considered southeast...
I have a lot of friends at UCSC and they love it there (probably a mix of liberal lifestyles and beachy location).

On topic: One of my games shipped. *yay*

I called my TRU earlier and asked if it would be ok for me to buy what I wanted now and then take them back once the sale hits to re-buy them and the lady in customer service I talked to said it would ok.

So I picked up Shin Megami tensei ( last one I saw and I was surprised they even had it) Paper Mario, and Shadow Hearts Covenant ( for some reason it wasn't out, I had to ask for it).

I hope I won't have any problems returning them for the cheaper price, at least I got a name of the person I talked to so I imagine it won't be a problem.

The moral of this story is that you might wanna call your TRU and see if they will let you do this.

[quote name='jimbodan']I called my TRU earlier and asked if it would be ok for me to buy what I wanted now and then take them back once the sale hits to re-buy them and the lady in customer service I talked to said it would ok.

So I picked up Shin Megami tensei ( last one I saw and I was surprised they even had it) Paper Mario, and Shadow Hearts Covenant ( for some reason it wasn't out, I had to ask for it).

I hope I won't have any problems returning them for the cheaper price, at least I got a name of the person I talked to so I imagine it won't be a problem.

The moral of this story is that you might wanna call your TRU and see if they will let you do this.[/quote]

I did the same thing last year, I probably won't do it again this year because I sort of need an excuse not to buy more games.

[quote name='xzafixz'][quote name='jimbodan']I called my TRU earlier and asked if it would be ok for me to buy what I wanted now and then take them back once the sale hits to re-buy them and the lady in customer service I talked to said it would ok.

The moral of this story is that you might wanna call your TRU and see if they will let you do this.[/quote]

I did the same thing last year, I probably won't do it again this year because I sort of need an excuse not to buy more games.[/quote]

I hear you there! I dropped about 200$ today, 160 something for the TRU games (although that will get re-adjusted) and 35ish for Tales of Symphonia at Target. I still need Ace Combat 5 and GTA! My wallet will be taking a beating.

[quote name='valleyvampiress']quote]

I actually really like SC. I don't live there, but live in a town next to it. Most people I've talked to who've been there, love it. You guys are two of the few who don't like it.

I'm a big beach person though, so that might explain my love for the town. That and SC is a very accepting town of alternative lifestyles.[/quote]

I never said I didn't like it. The comment was just made that things are done a little differently there, which I found to be very true. My bad experience was client related. It had nothing to do really with liking or disliking Santa Cruz.

I bought two games at TRU yesterday, and was informed that if I bring my receipt in on Sunday I can pick out another game free... don't know if this has already been posted by someone else, but there seemed to be some confusion about whether or not this was possible. I bought the two games I really wanted (Shin Megami Tensai:Nocturne and Men of Valor) and will pick out a third come Sunday. Just wanted to insure I got them before the rush :D .

^^^^
that's exactly what i did. I got Shin Megami and Paper Mario 2. As for third game haven't decided yet. I originally bought Shin Megami last week at ebgames. So going to return my previous Shin Megami at ebgames and get DOAU there. Still 1 more game i need to choose.

[quote name='rpgfan313']^^^^
that's exactly what i did. I got Shin Megami and Paper Mario 2. As for third game haven't decided yet. I originally bought Shin Megami last week at ebgames. So going to return my previous Shin Megami at ebgames and get DOAU there. Still 1 more game i need to choose.[/quote]

I bought a $30 game a few nights ago. Should I go in on Sunday and pick 2 $30 games, show them my receipt for my prior purchase, and hope I only have to pay 30 more dollars to get 2 games?

I stopped by my local TRU. They don't have Shin Megami but they have a ton of everythign else. Exactly as it was last Saturday. I don't know why I worried. Maybe I'll call em tonight and ask if I can buy two and pick up the third Sunday. If that's the cas ethen I mgiht do that tomorrow. Otherwise I'll just wait it out.

In other news, according to the guy at Target they had a new shimpent of ales of Symphonia come in last night and it's already halfway gone. get em while they're hot.

I noticed that the list on the first page has some games for $50 which are $20 now. I hope TRU figures this out, otherwise I don't think they have to worry about losing much money...

I'm thinking of getting 2 copies of GTA:SA (1 for me, 1 for friend) and Ninja Gaiden :D

what other decent $30 games are out there besides Gradius V and R-Type Final? I'm looking for any system, but Front Mission 4 doesn't sound that great, I have MM Anniv Collection, and I'm waiting to pick up the SF Anniv Collection till after the XB version is released. since I don't normally buy games at release, I have no idea what relatively new games are out there for this price, and I know the TRU list is incomplete.

EDIT:

one comes to mind...

Metal Slug 3 (XB)

[quote name='oxidative']I noticed that the list on the first page has some games for $50 which are $20 now. I hope TRU figures this out, otherwise I don't think they have to worry about losing much money...

I'm thinking of getting 2 copies of GTA:SA (1 for me, 1 for friend) and Ninja Gaiden :D[/quote]

If you don't mind used get it at EBgames.com right now while it's in stock. You can get it for $23.

[quote name='waxHead']what other decent $30 games are out there besides Gradius V and R-Type Final? I'm looking for any system, but Front Mission 4 doesn't sound that great, I have MM Anniv Collection, and I'm waiting to pick up the SF Anniv Collection till after the XB version is released. since I don't normally buy games at release, I have no idea what relatively new games are out there for this price, and I know the TRU list is incomplete.

EDIT:

one comes to mind...

Metal Slug 3 (XB)[/quote]

I'm in the same boat. I'm thinking of gettign Riddick and Save the homeland for $30. But not sure what other game. I'm leaning towards the Mega Man collection on PS2. I hear it's good. Never played any Mega Man before. But it may not be a game I'm into. Any other good 430 games out there?

[quote name='weaponx666'][quote name='rpgfan313']^^^^
that's exactly what i did. I got Shin Megami and Paper Mario 2. As for third game haven't decided yet. I originally bought Shin Megami last week at ebgames. So going to return my previous Shin Megami at ebgames and get DOAU there. Still 1 more game i need to choose.[/quote]

I bought a $30 game a few nights ago. Should I go in on Sunday and pick 2 $30 games, show them my receipt for my prior purchase, and hope I only have to pay 30 more dollars to get 2 games?[/quote]

not sure if it will work if you opened it. Since i think deal isn't on previous purchases. What im doing is leaving my games unopened and returning them. Then im just going to rebuy them so i can get my 3rd game free.

I was told today that I could buy my three games now and then bring my receipt in for a price adjustment next week. So I picked up some stuff that I really wanted now and then when I go back I'll look at the other stuff.

Still can't decide between DDRExtreme or X-Men Legends for my third game...

Of course Pikmin2 is under consideration as well.

I was in toys r us an hour ago and asked an employee about the sale and he said that you CANT mix and match different consoles, he said it has to be 3 PS2, 3 Gamecube or 3 Xbox.Is this true? or is this guy just an idiot?

[quote name='megashock5']Still can't decide between DDRExtreme or X-Men Legends for my third game...

Of course Pikmin2 is under consideration as well.[/quote]

X-Men Legends is GREAT. of course, I want DDRE too, but I would pick X-Men Legends.

I can't even decide on a second and third game anymore. I was going to get Fable, GTA:SA, and Nascar 2005. Now the newest reviews have really turned me off of GTA:SA and Nascar 2005, so I'm desperately checking websites through all games to try and remember what I want. Otherwise I'll get to TRU and make an uninformed decision and regret it deeply.

I'm thinking about Donkey Konga, even though it seems so silly to pay for that.

[quote name='SunCe177']I was in toys r us an hour ago and asked an employee about the sale and he said that you CANT mix and match different consoles, he said it has to be 3 PS2, 3 Gamecube or 3 Xbox.Is this true? or is this guy just an idiot?[/quote]

The website codes look like it's going to be 3 of the same console type.

In store, we've heard differently.

Sounds like you had the token idiot at your TRU store.

[quote name='SunCe177']I was in toys r us an hour ago and asked an employee about the sale and he said that you CANT mix and match different consoles, he said it has to be 3 PS2, 3 Gamecube or 3 Xbox.Is this true? or is this guy just an idiot?[/quote]

I was told the same thing last night by the manager at my local TRU. either Sun and I are going to the same store, or there's different info for different stores.

oh yeah, I was also told the Green Tag games will remain the same price during the sale, and can be used in the B2G1 deal. I'm skeptical, but if that's the case, there could be great deals abound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back