Buy2 Get1 FREE (B&M) Gamestop, used games; Expires 4/10

FlipSide

CAGiversary!
Feedback
69 (100%)
I know CheapyD posted Gamestop.com is having the BOG1 free online, B&M are doing B2G1 free..no minnimum price. Used games and dvds only.

I got Spawn:Armaggedon-XBX; Grabbed by Ghoulies-XBX and Skies of Arcadia:Legends-GC for $35 with tax :D

Per the employee I talked too, its from today till 4/10

None of the Detroit area GS are doing this yet. According to the clerk, different regions run different sales. Who knows when we'll get this one?

dammit this deal is almost as sweet as buy one get one free at ebgames I will check my gamestops tomorrow to see if the deal is on in my area.

I went to Gamestop and FuncoLand yesterday. They both had that sale. I got 3 used games at each store and got two of those games for free. Plus, an additional 10% off with my Gamestop card at each store. I saved about $26! Very nice! :D

since these things are pretty much YMMV, i wanted to let people know this is happening at:
86th St

i picked up mgs:ts, jak2, r&c2. togh call as i can guarantee those games will be available eventually on the greatest hits lineups of their respective systems, but 23 a piece for now seemed reasonable.
i'll be checking more of the locations probably this week. i wanna get a used copy of pandora tomorrow so, you know how that goes. i'll add any more that i find.
sorry, maybe i should clear that up a bit, i'm talking about manhattan. i may include the bronx and westchester locations soon.

Sale going on in at least 3 Chicago Gamestops.

Picked up Super Monkeyball 2 (GC), Silent Hill 3 (with soundtrack)(PS2), and Project Gotham 2(XBOX) for $46 after freebie and discount...pretty sweet.

[quote name='bmulligan']none of the Gamestops I've been to today are doing it. Lansing, Okemos, Brighton- Michigan[/quote]

The Gamestop at Meridian Mall, Okemos - Michingan has the sale going on now.

The one in the Mall in Springfield Missouri and the one b the K-Mart are both doing it. The GameStop it the mall had only crappy games but the one by KMart got True Crime for $36(after 10%) Silent Scope Complete for $28(after 10%) then Halo for free. So $64 for 3 games(5 if you count Silent Scope Complete as 3 games)

FWIW: I'm on Gamestop.com right now (4/2 night) and they have B2G1 with code 3FOR2PO.

You have to get games $29.99 and up, however, for the buy 2 part of this.

Went to a Gamestop in Washington State earlier. They had Counterstrike for Xbox, but nothing else really caught my eye. Was looking for Halo and Crimson Skies, but they didn't appear to be available. However, the sales associate came over and asked if he could help after I'd been through the ENTIRE store several times, and I explained I was looking for the aforementioned titles. He looked in their drawers and found used copies of BOTH games! So I left with all three for $57 w/ tax. Not a bad deal to say the least! ;)

my cuzin got freedom fighters (ps2), def jam vendetta (ps2) and sly cooper (ps20 all for $38 with tax. i would have saved him 10 more percent but my gamestiop card expired 1 day before.

The gamestop in El Cerrito, CA has it too, and they sitl had 50% off on N64 controllers. I picked up 3 for $10, along with a used Gamecube controller, Jak and Daxter, and SKies of Arcadia for $35. Great deal.

I scored Crimson Skies (brand new condition, still even had the seal [sliced] on the side), Project Gotham Racing 2, and Einhander (complete) for just under $60. A DAMN good deal if you ask me.

Gameboy...i'm suprised you had to pay $60.00 actually.

Both PGR2 and Crimson skies should have been $24.99 each...and Einhander is (I think) $21.99...so it should have been free.

you should have only paid $50.00, or less with the discount card...

Hey,

I just wanted to let everybody know about a problem I ran into once and was able to resolve.

It seems that Gamestop used to try to make you take the *cheapest* games for free. Thus, if you bought 3 $50 games and 3 $10 games, they would try to force you to pay for the $50 games and give you 2 ten dollar games for free.

After being treated rather rudely, I called their internet 800-number and talked the guy into giving me the number of their Region Manager. When I got in touch with her and explained the situation (the rationale behind penalizing somebody $40 for buying 3 extra games is ludicrous) she was very friendly and told me that she was not happy with her greedy store managers. I have not had a problem since at any of the stores in my area.

I did, however, have a problem with one of the stores in Kansas City. They were very insistant. When I told the Manager my story, she caved. Just wanted to let you guys know you do have some options if the employees don't know or are a little on the greedy side. You can tell them that their Region Managers have clarified the issue and if they want to call them they can. I have also been told that there is an email that goes out with the Buy 2, Get 1 sale and it is detailed correctly in the email.

If they were really giving you a problem you could have been a real dick and just put the 3 10$ games back right in front of the clerk and paid for the 3 50$ ones. After getting your change etc, just go pick up the three 10$ again and pay for them. That's what I have done in the past and they usually figure out that they were being dicks.

Yeah, you gotta watch out... I almost did a similar thing when I bought a bunch of used music CDs. I bought 20 CD's with a "buy 3 get 1 free" deal, but I had a bunch of $1.00 CDs in there. Fortunately the casheir was cool and I ended up getting some of the $9 discs for free. If worst came to worst I would have just put the $1 discs back, bought the other 13 Cds first, then just went back and picked up the dollar ones separately.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']If they were really giving you a problem you could have been a real dick and just put the 3 10$ games back right in front of the clerk and paid for the 3 50$ ones. After getting your change etc, just go pick up the three 10$ again and pay for them. That's what I have done in the past and they usually figure out that they were being dicks.[/quote]

Which I did. This is what led me to call the Region Manager. It probably didn't help that I stared the guy down while I did it, but yeah, I told them I onle wanted the three $40 games. Then when I got done paying for them, I said "Ok, now I want the $5 games". The guy was all "I knew you were going to do that" and I said "Of course you did". Then he discussed with his Manager, who informed me that if I wanted to take advantage of his store I should take my business elsewhere. This is the summarized verision obviously and you can imagine how blown away I was when he accused me of trying to take advantage of them!

This basic scenario happened to me at 2 separate Gamestops, which is why I posted my response of calling the Region Manager. The really greedy ones really put their foot down and refuse to budge. But you want to see Gamestop employees and Managers go into a panic and run around like a bunch of chickens in a lightning storm, just tell them you talked or will talk to their Region Manager. They shape up real quick then.

bread's done
Back