Buyer Beware: Best Buy shipping

Collaborator

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
So, last friday I jumped on one of the 360 holiday bundles from Best Buy for $199 (which is a steal - comes with 250gb HD, Fable 3, halo Reach, 3 months live, headset, and all the console stuff).

I got it in the mail today. How did they ship it? They stuck the xbox box into a flimsy gray plastic shipping bag. It was pretty banged up. The contents seem fine, I haven't tested things yet, but the box has seen better days.

So if you buy consoles from Best Buy, be aware that they WILL treat them like second class garbage. This is the 9th Xbox i've bought over the years, not to mention the PS3s, Wiis, PSPs, DS's, etc. and I've never seen one shipped in such an abysmal way to save a buck.

Collab

[quote name='Collaborator']So, last friday I jumped on one of the 360 holiday bundles from Best Buy for $199 (which is a steal - comes with 250gb HD, Fable 3, halo Reach, 3 months live, headset, and all the console stuff).

I got it in the mail today. How did they ship it? They stuck the xbox box into a flimsy gray plastic shipping bag. It was pretty banged up. The contents seem fine, I haven't tested things yet, but the box has seen better days.

So if you buy consoles from Best Buy, be aware that they WILL treat them like second class garbage. This is the 9th Xbox i've bought over the years, not to mention the PS3s, Wiis, PSPs, DS's, etc. and I've never seen one shipped in such an abysmal way to save a buck.

Collab[/QUOTE]
That stinks. If I were you, I'd considered exchanging at a local store, if possible.

My came in fine. I know for a fact you can return it at the store and get a replacement. I had a box all banged up in shipping. For a game and exchanged in store no problem.

I don't know how they decide to mail things. I received the Blu-Ray player like you did in a plastic gray bag without any protection. Then I got a large cardboard box with a memory card and camera battery. Yeah a memory stick needs a box with paper and bubble wrap but not a DVD player lol

Makes me wonder how my Ps3 will get to me. Ive heard several times over that the Ps3 bundles arent getting the games with them, or one is missing etc....Now this, makes me feel a bit sick in mah tummy.

Not really news, Best Buy shipping practices have been terrible for quite some time.

If you order games or movies they basically use two pieces of flat cardboard (without padding) and some adhesive to make you a game or blu-ray filled cardboard ravioli, which offers minimal protection for the item. It's worse than a bubble mailer.

I only buy from Best Buy online if the deal is significantly better than Amazon.

Same thing happened to me--my Nintendo 3DS was shipped in a plastic bag with no protection whatsoever. Luckily the item was in good condition, but if I had bought something as a gift I'd be pissed off if the box came all beat up and the item damaged.

I've ordered from Best Buy before, and previously they've always shipped items in boxes or bubble mailers. It makes me wonder if their shipping department was overwhelmed by the Black Friday sales.

I think they might have hired some new people to handle the spike in orders and are rushing them out on top of that.

I ordered two cheap games on back Friday and got them yesterday, I ordered another 2 cheap games on the following Sunday and it still hasn't even shipped as of today. I called and they claim the items are backordered but they're still instock online, my order status didn't change and the 2 games were never sold out at any point since black Friday....

[quote name='Collaborator']So, last friday I jumped on one of the 360 holiday bundles from Best Buy for $199 (which is a steal - comes with 250gb HD, Fable 3, halo Reach, 3 months live, headset, and all the console stuff).

Collab[/QUOTE]

I just got the Wii mario bundle I ordered from them in the same thing. A plastic bag, not even padded. The box is banged up, I dont even want to try it out, Im either going to exchange it or get a refund.

[quote name='Spacepest']Same thing happened to me--my Nintendo 3DS was shipped in a plastic bag with no protection whatsoever. Luckily the item was in good condition, but if I had bought something as a gift I'd be pissed off if the box came all beat up and the item damaged.

I've ordered from Best Buy before, and previously they've always shipped items in boxes or bubble mailers. It makes me wonder if their shipping department was overwhelmed by the Black Friday sales.[/QUOTE]

My 3DS was shipped the same way. Surprisingly my Bioshock 2 LE was bubbled wrapped and in its own cardboard box.

The printer I ordered from them on Black Friday didn't even get shipped in a box from the company. They just threw a shipping label on the actual printer box itself, and UPS left it at my door.

It's a damn good thing I live in a safe neighborhood to, because it was sitting for three hours according to the tracking update.

That's terrible! Had a similar problem with Dell recently. Ordered a camera on Black Friday and it came in an envelope literally made of two pieces of construction paper. The envelope was ripped and the camera box was completely crushed. Had UPS pick that ish back up and called dell and ordered a replacement.

I hate when companies pack their stuff like that. Especially since UPS handles their stuff like S***.

Yeah, Those fuckers shipped my MW3 Hardened Edition in a plastic bubble mailer. Last year they shipped my GT5 CE on a bubble mailer too. I'm not going to bother pre-ordering any SE/LE/CE from them anymore.

Received my copy of Uncharted 3 yesterday from Best Buy, and it arrived in a paper envelope. Prior to opening, I could hear that the disc was loose in the case. No biggie... it's a blu-ray. Then I opened it. There was a hole pushed through the front of the case. Looked like the shape of a thumb... but could have been anything.

Good deals this season from Best Buy... but their shipping practices blow.

Collab[/QUOTE]

Mine was shipped the same way (and the UPS driver had the nerve to leave it at the door when he wasnt supposed to). The box wasnt too bad...some dents on the edges and corners. All of the contents seemed to be undamaged, so hopefully it wasnt thrown around too much.

I ordered a Zelda 25th Anniversary 3DS bundle and it came via UPS 10 days later, with a smashed in box. The packaging was pretty well beat up, too. The real kicker is that the geniuses at Nintendo decided to straight up glue the box together, instead of having a tab and some circular tape. So you have to rip the 25th Anniversary packaging apart just to get to the contents anyway. I wasn't nearly as happy as I should have been since the presentation was so poor.

Best Buy shipped me a regular sized DVD and a cardboard box DVD set with an air padding thing inside an actual cardboard box, sealed with tamper proof tape that ripped. Everything arrived perfectly.

Two games arrived separately in their own bubble mailers, but no problems with those either.

Everyone is cutting down on shipping costs, even Amazon. Best Buy is being straight up lazy with it, it sounds like, with large items. Amazon is just coming up with new ways to fold cardboard into a box.

My only issue is how slow it takes me to get their items (nearly three weeks for a simple game). It goes through some weird forwarding service before it makes its way to the USPS so it takes longer than it should to arrive.

It wouldn't be so bad if UPS actually took care of the packages. But they suck and don't give a rat's ass. Fed Ex is better, but costs a lot more.

bread's done
Back