Buyer misread my auction and wants to return the game.

Kendro

CAGiversary!
Feedback
64 (100%)
I sold a copy of Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and I specifically mentioned that it was factory sealed but there was a tear on the spine. He emails me today stating that there is a tear on the spine and would like to know what we can do to rectify this situation. Obviously I wasn't too happy since I devoted an entire paragraph in describing the exact condition of the tear.

My thoughts are to have him mail the game back to me but what exactly would the procedure be to get my FVF back? Do I refund his money, then report an unpaid item, and mutually cancel the transaction?

Because I looked at my options currently and I have no way of cancelling the transaction because he paid for it.

Well if he sends a report to ebay about it as long as you mentioned the condition in the description eBay will side with you because the buyer didn't READ the description where you ACCURATELY described what condition it was in.

Make him return first. There is an option to get your FVF back when you chose buyer wants to return item.

I'd say fuck the buyer, since he sent you a message proving he didn't read your description, there's no way ebay could side with the buyer in this case (though I'm sure it's happened before.)

[quote name='62t']Make him return first. There is an option to get your FVF back when you chose buyer wants to return item.[/QUOTE]

Do you know how to get to that option? I can't seem to find it.

I agree with the rest of the CAGs who say fuck the buyer but it is the holiday season and I'm gonna try and play the understanding seller since he paid nearly $65 for the game. Plus he is still keeping 2 out of the 3 games that he bought from me.

[quote name='Kendro']Do you know how to get to that option? I can't seem to find it.

I agree with the rest of the CAGs who say fuck the buyer but it is the holiday season and I'm gonna try and play the understanding seller since he paid nearly $65 for the game. Plus he is still keeping 2 out of the 3 games that he bought from me.[/QUOTE]

$65 for UC1 its you that's ripping the buyer off.

[quote name='Kendro']Do you know how to get to that option? I can't seem to find it.
[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure you can't get the FVF back until after you refund the buyer. After you refund him, go here and choose "I want to cancel a transaction." The buyer will then have to go to the resolution center and agree to cancel the transaction. After that, eBay will give you a final value fee credit.

[quote name='needler420']$65 for UC1 its you that's ripping the buyer off.[/QUOTE]

The way eBay works is that you list the item for $0.99 and people bid on it as much as they want while you wait for the auction to end. Unless your thinking of the version where sellers put guns to buyers heads and make them pay an exorbitant price.

When you refund someone's money (trough eBay), eBay automatically refunds you your FVFs on your next statement.

[quote name='needler420']$65 for UC1 its you that's ripping the buyer off.[/QUOTE]

How's he ripping the buyer off? It's not his fault what other people are willing to pay for something.:roll:

[quote name='Gamehead']How did an auction for Uncharted 1 go for $65? What am I missing?[/QUOTE]

Original copies of Uncharted (the non-GH ones) sealed sell for quite a bit. They sold for roughly $80-100 just before Uncharted 3 came out but they've fallen back down to $60-ish range.

[quote name='Kendro']Unless your thinking of the version where sellers put guns to buyers heads and make them pay an exorbitant price.[/QUOTE]

That is the one I use. Works great!

I would try to get the game back and just refund the money. If I had any faith in eBay I would say screw the buyer and he should have read the description but I wouldnt bet on eBay caring what the description says.

[quote name='Vinny']Original copies of Uncharted (the non-GH ones) sealed sell for quite a bit. They sold for roughly $80-100 just before Uncharted 3 came out but they've fallen back down to $60-ish range.[/QUOTE]

Ding ding ding! Mine had the tear so it dropped to $65. Like a true CAG I unloaded it to pick up Uncharted 1 and 2 for $30 during BF, and Uncharted 3 for $30. Greatest Hits cases don't bother me, I want the content.

I still can't believe that one game will pay for the entire trilogy for me.

You should take this to the resolution center, it will be very difficult for you to sell it again for a good price with a damaged cover. If you do end up being nice about it at least don't refund everything so you can cover e-Bay fees + your shipping cost.

I would not refund it. I would personally send the buyer a detailed response explaining that the buyer agreed to buy the item knowing there was a defect in the case because you did go to great lengths to ensure that buyers knew that it was there. Send him a screenshot of the auction (Still there with full description even though it is sold) and highlight where it says it was there.

If he wants to dispute it, eBay is not going to accept it because you sold the item to him with proper explanation. Resolution center works wonders

[quote name='Kendro']The way eBay works is that you list the item for $0.99 and people bid on it as much as they want while you wait for the auction to end. Unless your thinking of the version where sellers put guns to buyers heads and make them pay an exorbitant price.[/QUOTE]

Craigslist?

bread's done
Back