Buyer Wants Refund After a Week, What Should I Do?

Cheapass24

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
I sold a copy of ICO for the playstation 2 on ebay, and was delayed with shipping it. After 3 days, i shipped it out, and 4 days later now, the buyer is upset that he hasn't recieved it yet and claims he has no need for it, and wants a refund. He dosen't seem the patient type, and im afraid hes going to leave negative feedback/open a paypal dispute. What should I do?

I don't think that shipping after 3 days is considered that late, unless you guarantee to ship within 1 day or something.

BTW did you ship with Delivery confirmation so that he can track it?

Yeah, i did get a tracking number, and USPS is being slow, so he's complaining about it :(. He claims its useless to him now and he dosen't want it, but if he *needed* it by a certain date, he should have gotten faster shipping, shouldnt he?

Honestly if he wants a refund tell him once the item arrives that he must send it back and you will refund his amount less shipping when you get the item back in the same condition. Then just repost it on ebay. You are within the timeframe by ebay but if you dont want to risk a negative just do the refund.

Personally I would tell him that you shipped it out in the timeframe via the shipping method he selected and that you held up to your obligations. Plus even if he open a dispute claiming of "you shipped it out late" you could easily prove him wrong and he will lose.

I am very curious as to the user ID of this guy. The exact same thing happened to me last week. Guy wanted a refund 4 days after the auction ended because his game wasn't in-hand already. It eventually arrived and I didn't hear back from him but I thought he was totally insane. Some good advice I got here was to wait 24 hours in between replying to him and by that time the item arrived. It all worked out but there are so many idiots on eBay and sellers have almost no protection.

The guy's nuts. Take the negative if you have to, but don't bend over backwards because he's an asshole.

I dont mind waiting a week for a game. If i wanted it that bad id buy it locally. Do whats best for you, dont let this guy screw with your head. Im glad to be done selling on ebay for a while at least...

well did he pay for priority mail. If he did not then why don't you contact ebay and paypal about this situation, to cover your ass. Then email him, nicely about being patient.

He paid for priority? >_< I have all my items as priority, because ebay won't let me change it to first-class for some reason, i mail everything first-class unless i'm really late on mailing it.

[quote name='Cheapass24']He paid for priority? >_< I have all my items as priority, because ebay won't let me change it to first-class for some reason, i mail everything first-class unless i'm really late on mailing it.[/quote]
If you have it listed as priority, and they're paying for priority, you better ship out priority. No wonder everyone is complaining to you.

remind him that no postal service on president's day, everything is a day slower. And I totally agree with the previous post, if people expect priority you should definately ship priority. I use turbo lister and haven't had any problems choosing first class, however you are limited to $4 shipping charges, which blows (try shipping halo 3 legendary for $4).

bread's done
Back