Buying a TV from Amazon.com?

lolwut?

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
So, I'm going to be picking up my new T.V. (LN52A650) sometime this upcoming week. I was thinking of going with amazon.com because of their no tax and free shipping (plus the t.v. is $100 cheaper on there), but they don't offer any kinds of warranty's or returns do they?

I was thinking of turning to a B&M store for the extended warranty and "right now" factor. What do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's up to the manager's discretion at that local store to adjust their prices as they see fit. By the rules of the PM policy, they don't match online vendors, though they might do it to try and make a sale.

For warranty, try Square Trade. They've got a number of specials running right now on their warranties.

I just got a 42" Panasonic Plasma from amazon. Was kinda worried, but it arrived in great shape. The ceva shipping guy (I got white glove shipping for free) took the tv out the box and and tested it for power, volume, picture quality, and external damage. I didn't bother with a warranty since the tv was $650.

we got our 46" samsung and the white-glove delivery was fantastic. There's no longer a price-protection offer from Amazon, though, so be aware of that...

Amazon is by far one of the best places to buy TVs online. Just be sure to check for damage and test it before the delivery guys leave. Amazon.com was literally one of the reasons I hesitated to move to Canada.

Right, my buddy bought a 52" set from Amazon and we both shared the same concerns....i tend to buy my big electronics locally..but Amazon did a great job, got it to him..it wasn't damaged, etc.

I think they are becoming one of the bigger online experts in this sort of thing......buy with confidence, but I'd also up the extra $100 and get the white glove service and not the free "We will throw it on your lawn in the rain" service :D

I bought a 52" TV from Amazon.com and had zero issues with it, from the purchase to the delivery. The only vague issue I had is that I had to let the TV sit for the day it was being delivered, as the temp was too cold for them to fire up the TV after delivery.

I received a phone call from the freight carrier the day they had a firm ETA for it showing up with them, and I set up delivery for a couple days after that. No issues at all with that process.

They delivered it into my basement, unboxed it and put it up on my TV stand. They would have powered it up if the temp was warmer than it was, as well as dispose of the shipping box, though I wanted to wait on that until I had gone through the 30 days for any issues with it.

I'd buy a TV from Amazon without any hesitation. Plus, they were the cheapest price for it I had seen anywhere else on the Internet. It also came with the free "white glove" service on the delivery for that price.

bread's done
Back