Buying an item on ebay with a money order....

jimbo12457

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
If the seller tryed to scam me how would I go about filing a dispute becasue its with a money order? Would I be able to get my money back somehow?

What item is it ?

Contact Ebay about this then get there responce and file the dispute.

You should be able to get your money back just make sure you check the rules on when long enough is.

So far Money Orders have been safer then PayPal. With a Money Order you can allways walk up to the persons door/mail box and negotiate what is yours.
I have sent Money Orders Cross country and even to China.

If the person is selling threw a store then ask for there name since you feel safer.

Also recently you need to have a credit card to sign up for ebay. Which I am guessing is for this purpose.

I wouldn't send a money order to anyone with:

-Less than 50+ Feedback
-Less than 99%+ Feedback
-A Foreign Address

If you send a money order, and the guy says he never got it, you're screwed, there's absolutely no way of getting your money back without the authorities getting involved.

Yeah, money order is one step above cash. Paypal is usually linked to or backed with a bank account or credit card; a cashier's check comes from a bank.

Yep.

You're screwed if they cash and claim they didn't get it. Unless you call the cops, lawyers, etc - as previously posted.

bread's done
Back