Buying First XBOX--Good Deal?

Centerice19

CAG Veteran
Hi all,
this is my first post here on CheapAssGamer. Ive been browsing the boards for a while and decided to post.
Ill just quick introduce my self. Im Megan, 14/f, from Minnesota. I collect modern and classic games. Right now i onyl have a Atari 2600 and Gamecube. I had a bunch of other systems but i sold them a while back. Anyways..
Im looking to buy an XBOX to add to my collection. Ive only been looking for a day on the internet. And on Amazon they have a Special Edtion clear Green XBOX including Halo for $169.99. Is this a good deal? or are there better ones out there??

Thanks in advance!
Megan

Welcome. I think the best deal out there for an xbox (new) is $119 but I can't remember where. It's still $150 but it comes with a $30 rebate...

Gamestop B&M has a deal on a new Xbox for $129.99 (I think) if you trade in another system, which includes an n64. You should be able to get ahold of an N64 pretty cheap to trade it in. It's not a great deal, but its pretty much the best deal on a new Xbox I know of.

Hello, fellow Minnesota-ite. I'm up in Duluth... and if I were choosing to buy an XBOX right now, I'd buy one of those fancy green ones. $170 is about the universal price on that thing. Better yet, if you're nearby, I'll sell you my XBOX for $120 and throw in a couple games, and then I'll buy a green one. Heh

If you really care about the green version of the Xbox then get the Halo package.

In regard to building your assemblage of gameing stuff, the biggest gaming mistake I ever made was liquidating my collection of PC Engine/Turbo Grafx16 stuff because I felt I was done with the platform and had seen and done everything it had to offer. After a few years I began to miss a lot of that stuff. If I had been more patient the stuff I bought with the proceeds from the NEC stuff would have eventually come into my possession for a fraction of what I spent.

If you want Halo, the best deal is to pick up one of the green Xboxes. I would recommend purchasing this from gamestop.com since they do not charge tax and shipping is $2. If you just want the normal black xbox w/o halo, go to FYE and do the rebate thing, for an xbox around $119. Ebay prices for xboxes fluctuate greatly, and my friend got burned after buying one about a year ago... it never came. Good luck in your CAG searching!

Thanks everyone for the help.
If i get a xbox, i think im gonna go with the green one. It just looks so cool and it comes with Halo!!!
But im gonna do some more searching and see what i can find.

Thanks again!
Megan

advice of a two time Xbox owner. First off do not buy used and do not buy one without a warranty. I have yet to have an Xbox that did not destroy my games.

I bought a used Xbox, not only did I get a Thomson, but the controller DOES NOT WORK AT ALL! It was the $99 one that only lasted for a day from EB.

[quote name='Barnolde']I bought a used Xbox, not only did I get a Thomson, but the controller DOES NOT WORK AT ALL! It was the $99 one that only lasted for a day from EB.[/quote]

same exact thing happened to me from the exact same place. got my money back and just went and bought another one at Gamestop brand new. for 120 with my N64 trade in.

I ended up getting the Halo Edition at Best Buy for $169.99. I also got a second matching controller, because the dude said halo is a awesome multiplayer game, and he was right! lol. I also bought NBA Street Vol. 2 for only $16.84! Which is awesome!!

I just have problems when i want to listen to music. If i have burnt cd's that i want to listen to, some times the xbox doesnt read it at all... I dont see why, but it reads some and then it cant read others.But other then that, IT ROCKS!!!

my only problem i've had is enter the matrix frezzing up once and if i have the dvd remote reciver in the 3rd port the brightness level changes constantly. in 1st it's okay haven't checked 2nd and 4th.
other than that it's the best system. and for all those who say ps2 for bigger collection,the xbox collection is smaller yes, but it's not all crap. check my list below, yeah one or two are crap, but hey, they where cheap.

bread's done
Back