Buying From Amazon Marketplace

NonShalant

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I placed an order last week on the 23rd. Payment and everything cleared and they said it was shipped. I inquire about the product today and they just shipped it on Saturday:bomb::bomb: when the site said it was shipped on the 24th! Is this legit enough reason to return it when it gets here?

You made payment to the seller through the Amazon.com website or a third party website using Amazon Payments, but the seller failed to deliver the item by 3 calendar days past the maximum estimated delivery date for an order or 30 days from the order date, whichever is sooner; or

Normally Amazon gives the seller an estimate pretty far out, so more than likely they shipped it before or within the 3 days Amazon allotted them.

Expected ship date would have been the 26th. Were they apologetic in their response?

Amazon doesn't pay a seller until they mark it shipped . . . so they may have just marked it shipped but then had some problem getting it out. I'd be OK if the delay were because they were extra careful in shipping.

I don't know why you'd want to return it based a couple day delay in shipping. I'd look at condition of the system and the packaging and go from there.

If I were a little unhappy overall, I'd give them a negative feedback (which stings) and move on. If the product doesn't match description, I'd demand a full refund with return shipping or file an A-Z claim. Otherwise just move on from it

If you got a good price, and you're happy with the condition of it when it arrives, definitely keep it. Just leave them neutral or negative feedback about their crap ways of shipping and you could even send a message if you really wanted to blow some smoke!

I guess my main problem was when I bought it on the 23rd I tried to cancel a few hours later and was hit with processing cannot be canceled. Then on the 24th is was said to be shipped when the window was the 24th or 25th. To find out they didnt ship until the 28th when I paid on the 23rd pisses me off because thats why I wanted to cancel in the 1st place. Lesson learned I guess

That is kind of weird that they would mark it shipped ahead of time but I wouldn't get bent out of shape unless they missed that 4-14 days window (this is assuming you didn't pay extra for expedited).

[quote name='NonShalant']I guess my main problem was when I bought it on the 23rd I tried to cancel a few hours later and was hit with processing cannot be canceled. Then on the 24th is was said to be shipped when the window was the 24th or 25th. To find out they didnt ship until the 28th when I paid on the 23rd pisses me off because thats why I wanted to cancel in the 1st place. Lesson learned I guess[/QUOTE]

Sounds like it was fulfilled by amazon then in which the seller would have no impact on how fast it was shipped.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']That is kind of weird that they would mark it shipped ahead of time [/QUOTE]

No it isn't. The seller now only gets paid when it's shipped. It used to be they were paid immediately upon purchase.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']No it isn't. The seller now only gets paid when it's shipped. It used to be they were paid immediately upon purchase.[/QUOTE]

Right, now there is pressure to mark things shipped before you ship them. I marked shipped when I buy postage online . . . but it might be a day before it leaves my hands from there.

OP, did you send a message to the seller to cancel? That would've been the best route when you got cold feet.

If the seller ignored a message, then I'd be pissed.

Still hasnt arrived, I'm believing I was scammed which is cool because of the A-Z guarantee. 1st time I contact them and they said it comes with 2 controllers, which is odd because I only paid 200 for the entire system. I should've known when the description said played on 5 times and that was it. Next they said they shipped it with no DC? How foolish can they be, I'm on my way to the store to buy a PS3 now

bread's done
Back