buying gold and silver!?

xenoman80

CAGiversary!
looking to buy gold an silver bullions (coins and little bars). anyone know any trusted websites? or dealers in new york city? or going about finding a dealer and some of the things to look for in a dealer?

someone likes this idea ...

309772681_54791a50d6.jpg

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Why would you buy gold and silver? It is only a hedge against inflation and it isn't an usable good most of the time.[/QUOTE]

QFT. Add in the idea that we are in a deflationary environment.

[quote name='BillyBob29']QFT. Add in the idea that we are in a deflationary environment.[/quote]

The Federal Reserve is trying really hard to create inflation by giving away as many trillions as it will take.

Take a look at tickers

http://finance.google.com/finance?q=AMEX:IAU
http://finance.google.com/finance?q=NYSE:GLD
http://finance.google.com/finance?q=AMEX:SLV

the first 2 are gold ETF's - they actually have gold bullion's to back up the shares. The 3rd one is a silver ETF.

Myself, I've invested in GLD (IAU and GLD typically trade within a few cents of each other), though I haven't seen Silver really acting as a good hedge.

I would recommend waiting for a good day on wallstreet before purchasing gold, usually a rally in the market will drop GLD down to around 84, which seems like a good time to buy.

[quote name='Number83']Good think I decided to keep all my Star Wars figures and sealed video games...I'm gonna make bank![/quote]

Frankly. Goods from before the Great Crash of '08 may fetch a pretty penny.

I like the ring of that... the Great Crash of '08. I'll be sure to exaggerate some stories to my grandkids in the future about the Great Crash of '08.

How much do you suspect Phelps made off those gold medals of his. I'm hoping he cashed in before the "Great Crash of '08".

[quote name='BillyBob29']Didn't they stop making the medals out of actual gold back in the 70's or something?[/QUOTE]

Yep, I remember hearing that during the Olympics broadcast this summer.

And gold and other precious metals are a TERRIBLE investment historically. They're ok as a hedge but I would never invest in them thinking you're going to get a decent return.

[quote name='Xevious']This is a bad time to buy precious metals.[/quote]

lol you must be joking.

Hyperinflation is in our future. Paper money is TOAST.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Why would you buy gold and silver? It is only a hedge against inflation and it isn't an usable good most of the time.[/quote]

Yeah, but not too long ago gold went from $25 an ounce to $900 an ounce literally overnight. Whoever invested a lot in gold probably put in for retirement at work that day.

[quote name='xenoman80']looking to buy gold an silver bullions (coins and little bars). anyone know any trusted websites? or dealers in new york city? or going about finding a dealer and some of the things to look for in a dealer?[/quote]

why? everyone went crazy in the eighties for gold and then it dipped and now, 20 yrs later they're barely where they started. It's not a good investment. Go to dripinvestor.com and buy shares directly (No-Load stocks) from 500 companies like disney, coke, verizon, etc. best way to invest your money and cheap to get into, no middleman...

the real thing you should look into investing in is a good sized piece of land near a water source, some crops you can live off of as well as livestock and some diff types of renewable energy and weapons to protect all that shit once you get it.......

bread's done
Back