Buying new Ipod Touch - please help :)

callmewoof

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
I'm going to be buying an Ipod Touch in the next couple weeks, most likely an 8gb. I think this post is still video game related, since the ipod IS a video gaming device (sorta? lol).

Do I have to go through a retailer or does anyone feel that places like Ebay or Craigslist are safe? I know enough to shop from a well respected ebayer enough to trust their purchases (and paypal has always been pretty good for purchase protection). I'm not sure I can trust craigslist though. Anyone with experience here?

Important question (I'm still trying to research this one): if I buy a *NEW* Ipod via ebay, do I still get the full 1-year warranty? Rather to say, do I just need the Serial# to activate it, or do I have to have the receipt/box/etc for proof of purchase?

And finally, how important is an extended warranty? Looking for any Ipod owners out there... I'm normally careful with my things and I'm just talking normal usage. If I understand right, I can purchase an extra year from Apple for $60 which gets me the Genius Bar (walk-in tech support right?). If I go through Amazon or Ebay I saw I can get a Square-Trade warranty, like, $50/$60 for 2-years of warranty + spill/drop. Would either of these be worth it? How likely is the Ipod to NEED a warranty under 'average usage'?

Oops 1 last tiny question - the iPHONE 4th Generation is coming out this summer... does this mean an Ipod TOUCH 4th gen is coming too? I can't seem to find out if this is true. Should I wait a couple months?

THANK YOU for any advice!!!

I would go with a new one from a retailer and skip the extended warranty.. never had a problem out of my touch.

Apple revises their product line every year or two, I'm sure a new one will be out this summer.

bread's done
Back