Buying on Amazon HELP!!

darrenaw9

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey guys so I am planning on getting a new laptop soon. Is it safe for me to buy from a third party seller who is not fulfilled by Amazon or should I get it from a seller who is fulfilled by Amazon. I'll save about 40 bucks if I get it from the seller who is not fulfilled. I'm still getting the 1 year manufacturer insurance regardless of who I am getting it from correct? Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Please delete thread if I posted on the wrong section.

Neither one of those matters in terms of safety. Amazon will protect you and get you your money back if there are any LEGIT issues (though restocking fees may apply if you have to return the item).

I think its on a per retailer basis as to which retailers are able to include manufacturer's warranty (though I know less about this and could be wrong), so a 3rd party that isn't a legit retailer already like J&R wouldn't necessarily have the warranty, though with an Amazon receipt technically, it might be fine.

[quote name='darrenaw9']Hey guys so I am planning on getting a new laptop soon. Is it safe for me to buy from a third party seller who is not fulfilled by Amazon or should I get it from a seller who is fulfilled by Amazon. I'll save about 40 bucks if I get it from the seller who is not fulfilled. I'm still getting the 1 year manufacturer insurance regardless of who I am getting it from correct? Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Please delete thread if I posted on the wrong section.[/QUOTE]

I, too, can't help you with the lingo of who's purchases are covered by manufacturer's warranties. I can say however, working in retail, I would actually think it depends on when the serial number is registered as being a purchase that's initially "sold to consumer"--a somewhat sketchy situation if you're actually buying it from a non-business posing as one and simply selling old stock that has been sold to them, and it's also one of the reasons you'll never see a used console or phone (less-so with TVs) being sold as "New" in a legit retail store.

As someone who occassionally sells some odds-and-ends on Amazon myself, I can tell you that the only thing that the "Fulfilled by Amazon" tag on a product means, is that the third-party seller has given their inventory over to Amazon to manage and ship, rather than deal with that part of the sale themselves. That has nothing to do with what the product quality is one way or another.

bread's done
Back