Buying Used @ Bestbuy.com

KMunley

CAGiversary!
I've traded in a ton there, but has anyone had experience buying from their site not in store? I found a lot of games I want for the price. Just not sure the condition of the cases if they are full cover art original box etc. I'd look in store, but my best buys seem to have much higher prices in store.

Thanks for any help and sorry if it's been answered before!

The worst thing about Bestbuy.com is the ridiculous slow processing and shipping. They use the cheapest shipping possible so even if you see your item has been shipped, still expect three more days for it to actual ship.

Ordered a product last Monday, did not get confirmation of shipping until Wednesday which is normal for a deal that hot, did not actually make it to shippers until Friday (well not sure, could have been the same BS where they inform the shipper of shipment without actually giving them the item until later), did not actually ship until Monday, and won't be here until Friday. It has been the same for all other products I have shipped from them.

On the other hand, I have been using Amazon Prime as part of their free trial and it is fantastic. Ordered a product Saturday and another Sunday, got both two days after ordering. Also no sales tax where I live, well not until September at least.

I think I remember someone saying that Best Buy prints custom cover art/adds a box to the game if it is traded in incomplete. If it doesn't have a manual, I think you're SOL though.
Also, I believe the prices online reflect the prices in-store. It's just a matter of finding the same game, and if your employees were too lazy to crack open the cases and add the new sticker price over the old.
[quote name='nadohawk']The worst thing about Bestbuy.com is the ridiculous slow processing and shipping. They use the cheapest shipping possible so even if you see your item has been shipped, still expect three more days for it to actual ship.

Ordered a product last Monday, did not get confirmation of shipping until Wednesday which is normal for a deal that hot, did not actually make it to shippers until Friday (well not sure, could have been the same BS where they inform the shipper of shipment without actually giving them the item until later), did not actually ship until Monday, and won't be here until Friday. It has been the same for all other products I have shipped from them.

On the other hand, I have been using Amazon Prime as part of their free trial and it is fantastic. Ordered a product Saturday and another Sunday, got both two days after ordering. Also no sales tax where I live, well not until September at least.[/QUOTE]

Hit or miss on these things really. I ordered stuff last Monday from the BF early access and got all my items the following Monday. That's not too bad considering Thursday was Thanksgiving and Sunday they don't deliver mail.

BB.com has been have some very solid deals lately though and paying tax is not that big of a deal considering the prices they've had lately.

Gamefly used has been pretty awesome. Otherwise, I have to see the thing I want from bb and gamestop in person. I know its tempting if the price is good online. Can you exchange at store if there is a problem?

I think Bestbuy takes your online orders and tries to find a store with a used copy and have them send it out so that's probably where the delay comes from.

My experience with used games have been mixed. I received one game in excellent condition while the other had a few small stains and the UPC code gouged.

Yeah I would get it in store, but the prices are much different. I saw Star Wars TFU2 for $9.99 online plus a bunch of games under $15 so I was going to order in bulk.

I have reward zone silver member so get free shipping on regular best buy orders and they always come in a couple days. I'm assuming I'd get free shipping with this, but like JoeBoosauce said, I wonder if you can exchange in store if it comes in bad condition.

Best buy doesnt care about the condition (i.e. no case, manual, cover) they just use another case and then shrinkwrap it. If you open it, youre stuck with it i believe. best bet is to go to your local store and check them in person, since theyll most likely send it out from there anyways.

I have only picked up one game from there EDF 2017, but my experience was positive. The game had the case and instruction book and was in good condition.

Personally i prefer Gamestop because i can look inside the case to see if it has a book.

[quote name='KMunley']Yeah I would get it in store, but the prices are much different. I saw Star Wars TFU2 for $9.99 online plus a bunch of games under $15 so I was going to order in bulk.

I have reward zone silver member so get free shipping on regular best buy orders and they always come in a couple days. I'm assuming I'd get free shipping with this, but like JoeBoosauce said, I wonder if you can exchange in store if it comes in bad condition.[/QUOTE]

Have an associate scan the games in store. I'll bet you anything they just didn't follow the monday price drops and let them sit on the shelf at the higher price. I remember pricing TFU2 down to $9.99 in my store a couple weeks ago.

[quote name='KMunley']Yeah I would get it in store, but the prices are much different. I saw Star Wars TFU2 for $9.99 online plus a bunch of games under $15 so I was going to order in bulk.

I have reward zone silver member so get free shipping on regular best buy orders and they always come in a couple days. I'm assuming I'd get free shipping with this, but like JoeBoosauce said, I wonder if you can exchange in store if it comes in bad condition.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SierraNight']Have an associate scan the games in store. I'll bet you anything they just didn't follow the monday price drops and let them sit on the shelf at the higher price. I remember pricing TFU2 down to $9.99 in my store a couple weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

Just an update, went to best buy today and picked up my online order, asked if I bought Star Wars TFU2 in store rather than online if they'd make it $10, but they said no and had it marked as $25.

2011121216274082.jpg

bread's done
Back