Buying used games from gamefly. Help?

wugenius

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
Has anyone ever bought any used games from Gamefly? Are the games in decent condition? Also, are there any specials or coupon codes going on right now?
Thanks!

no coupons unless your a member you get 5 off every few months. they come with case and manual usally in good condition. bought many times from them only had 1 bad case and 1 game that needed buffering out of the 20 some i bought. There reliable and have good deals.

I am not a GameFly member, but have bought used games from them in the past during some of their sales, and have had no problems whatsoever. They games were in very good condition, with little to no scratches, and included the case and manual. I even got the export DLC code for Green Day Rock Band, it worked just fine too! I would definitely buy from them again.

Usually all DLC codes are unused and the case/manual/art are in pristine condition. The disc may have some problems but for me they've always been mint.

When GameFly gets a game, they store the case/manual/DLC/other inserts in the case, and only send out the game disc to their subscribers.

This is why people will, 99% of the time, get DLC codes that work, Club Nintendo PINs, all that.

In theory, the cases and manuals should be pristine, but sometimes they have some shelf wear evident. The games themselves can range from pristine looking to almost bad, it's really luck of the draw.

I've ordered two Wii games from GameFly. Each came in a case, with the manual, and one came with an unused Club Nintendo PIN- as expected. The discs were in good shape, a couple scratches but nothing bad, as they played just fine.

I got a few Wii games, and ALL came scratched. Mind you, they all played, but still... I wasn't happy. 1 case was chipped as well. Everything else was mint.

Wii games seem to be the riskiest. PS3 games have the advantage of a nice Bluray anti-scratch coating and any iffy 360 games can always be tested by using the system's install feature to check for any unreadable data instead of getting a disc read error 3 months later and a couple hours into the game.

That being said, the Wii rentals and my one Wii game purchase have all worked fine.

I'll also echo the sentiment about games with codes. Every game I've purchased has come with all original DLC codes and all have worked fine for me.

Ended up going with ebay for the game I was looking for. Ended up paying a few dollars more than gamefly but the disc is supposed to be mint, which is worth it for me.

Thanks for your feedback guys.

With Wii games, I base it on how popular the title was whether or not I'd get it from Gamefly. Something that everyone wants would have been rented like crazy and probably in poor condition. But rare or obscure titles have always been in good shape for me.

bread's done
Back