Buying Used PS2 Off eBay

m0nkeybl1tz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
What's your guys's experience with this? Do you think "only played a few times" really means it? How about "works perfectly"? Do you think it's worth it to save around $30? Thanks.

EDIT: Sorry, realized my title was misleading, I meant a PS2.

i personally dont think it's worth it. used vid cards and such are usually cut by as much as 40-50% the deals are really good but the reason i wouldn't do it is cuz there is no warranty what so ever. and really you dont know if the guy has overclocked the part or anything like that.

i have bought a geforce ti4600 a while ago for the wife and it works great still.

So you'd have to pay $120 shipped? (Going by the saving around $30.) Don't EB or GS sell refurbed systems for around that much. I'd just do that as then you'd definiltey be covered with no hassles on a DOA system. Oakland probably has a Craig's List right? I bet you'd find one pretty quick if you put up an ad stating you're willing to pay $100 for a PS2 in very good condition. You could maybe find someone willing to sell one for even less. Just a thought.

And some sellers are truthful, but you unfortunately are better off assuming all sellers are fudging the condition of their stuff. Although if the seller has stellar FB, it's probably safe to assume they aren't BSing you.

yeah i just got a used slim ps2 from EB for $99.99. And it has a warranty from eb for 30 days. Which is better than an ebay warranty... ;)

SO go check around, call around... they can be found

I wouldn't, most of the stuff you get off ebay is fine but it really sucks when you get a lemon, especially when that lemon costs $100+. I'd check around local video game stores for a used system.

bread's done
Back