buynextgen NOT reliable - boycott them

khoido

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
So here's my story. I bought Batman: AA on buynextgen for $43 and after 3 weeks of not receiving it, I called their customer service and they told me it was probably lost in transit. They then overnighted the game to me but to the WRONG address that was in a completely different state. I told them to just refund me and they promised me a $20 giftcard for the trouble. It has been a week and I have yet to receive the refund nor the giftcard. Has anyone else been through this much bad luck with buynextgen or is it just me? :wall:

Not just you. I ordered a copy of Fable 2 there for 23 dollars and I have yet to receive it. Whenever I call or contact customer support, they give me bs tracking numbers and telling me it will come. Its past 45 days for paypal to fix it so I will just go straight to my credit card company today.

This is the third or fourth thread now about people having problems with these guys, all with the same "lost in transit" bullshit excuse.

Yeah I bought Demon's Souls from them. In a week I hadn't gotten my shipping email. So I emailed them about the status of the order. They never responded. Then I emailed them again telling to cancel the order. Never responded to that either.

Not very impressed at all. Will definitely continue to buy at Amazon even if it is a bit more $.

Just called them up and the dude told me some song and dance about their shipments missing the art book or some BS. He couldn't really explain why the emails weren't returned. He said it would go out tomorrow with priority shipping but I just canceled. They are either running some kind of scam, or they are just completely negligent.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered Batman AA it took like 3 weeks to get it...took a loooong time but i did get it...
I also ordered fifa 10 and uncharted 2... i ordered that 3 weeks ago... and i just got it today... they are just super slow... but they respond to emails super fast...its very odd

Ordered 3 games in september, got nothing. They promised me a reshipment, a tracking number, registry info, even a precise delivery date. Got nothing. I asked for a refund for the 1st order, days went by, had to file a Paypal Dispute and got my refund. For the 2 remaining games the transaction is now too old (45days) for a Dispute but they promised, again, a full refund. But now they're telling me they don't know how to refund or send money via paypal to do a manual refund... and don't reply to my emails anymore Stay away from BNG...

[quote name='septim']Yeah I bought Demon's Souls from them. In a week I hadn't gotten my shipping email. So I emailed them about the status of the order. They never responded. Then I emailed them again telling to cancel the order. Never responded to that either.

Not very impressed at all. Will definitely continue to buy at Amazon even if it is a bit more $.

Just called them up and the dude told me some song and dance about their shipments missing the art book or some BS. He couldn't really explain why the emails weren't returned. He said it would go out tomorrow with priority shipping but I just canceled. They are either running some kind of scam, or they are just completely negligent.[/QUOTE]

Samething w/ Demon's Souls. Placed the order and after 9 days still it hadn't shipped. I emailed them, they responded that it was going out the door in 3 hours. So 9 days later, still no game. I email again and am told it definitely shipped although the status on their website said it hadn't and I hadn't received an email stating it had, per their policy. So, I waited some more. It has now been 21 days since my order and 12 days since they said they mailed it. So, I emailed them today to refund the $. After reading all of this, I think I'm just going to go to PayPal now though.

Just to follow up on my post above. After reading this thread and seeing similar issues, I filed a complaint with PayPal. The next day I had my money refunded to me. The Buynextgen people didn't even bother responding to the complaint, nor they did even try to say the game was shipped already like they had been doing, etc. The just refunded it w/o any communication. So yea, looks like it is not the most reputable site online. Luckily I got in on the B2G1 @ Best Buy for the game.

Don't buy from them. Never sent me my Demon's Souls. I ordered Deluxe, which is now out of print and impossible to find at a reasonable price, so I got screwed.

They do this ALL the time!!! They're not a legit site - we should have some sort of sticky thread on bad sites - we do it for bad traders...

IF ENOUGH OF US FILE BBB CLAIMS, IT MIGHT HELP PREVENT THEM FROM KEEPING THIS SCAM GOING!

I'll second that motion. Apparently they send out just enough games for it not to be clear that they run at best a horrible, unreliable business. CAGers need to know what's up though.

I heard if you upgrade to prem. or w/e it 's callled shipping, they ship in time but with free shipping they mess up. I was really close to getting MW:2 with them too.

[quote name='Be3fJerky']I heard if you upgrade to prem. or w/e it 's callled shipping, they ship in time but with free shipping they mess up. I was really close to getting MW:2 with them too.[/QUOTE]
Well, I ordered MW2 with standard shipping(because I figured that the free shipping was causing them not to care)and let me set this up here....

From their shipping policy page:
Standard Shipping
  • Guaranteed 3-5 business days delivery.
  • No minimum order.
  • Select Standard Shipping for the order on shipment screen.
  • Proceed to checkout.
  • Check for pricing for the standard delivery. Place order.
  • Approx ship out time is 1-2 Business days. Approx arrival is 2 to 3 business days after shipped out.
    • Note: Canadian ship out time can take additional 1-2 business days due to custom forms. Canadian arrival time is approx 5-10 business days after shipped out.
  • Shipped through United States Postal Service Priority Mail.
  • Delivery Confirmation Number Available And Sent With Shipping Notification.
  • Available to all shipping locations that BNG ships to.
So what is my status as of right now?
Order Status: Received Payment, Processing Order
Order Date: 11/15/2009 04:40:37
Today's Date: 11/19/2009

1-2 days processing my ass, I am done with buynextgen, I thought I would try paying for their shipping to see if it was any better, pfft, boy was I wrong, we should indeed post a sticky about bad sites, with this one at the very top.

[quote name='no2_pentarou']Ordered 3 games in september, got nothing. They promised me a reshipment, a tracking number, registry info, even a precise delivery date. Got nothing. I asked for a refund for the 1st order, days went by, had to file a Paypal Dispute and got my refund. For the 2 remaining games the transaction is now too old (45days) for a Dispute but they promised, again, a full refund. But now they're telling me they don't know how to refund or send money via paypal to do a manual refund... and don't reply to my emails anymore Stay away from BNG...[/QUOTE]

I just realized the guy was trying to string me along until I got to the 45 days (if we don't find the package by Wednesday, we'll ship another out Next Day UPS!) where you can't do a Paypal refund. How scummy.

[quote name='chrisnsally']They do this ALL the time!!! They're not a legit site - we should have some sort of sticky thread on bad sites - we do it for bad traders...

IF ENOUGH OF US FILE BBB CLAIMS, IT MIGHT HELP PREVENT THEM FROM KEEPING THIS SCAM GOING![/QUOTE]

buynextgen is full of shit.
They pretended to ship my game out multiple times.
I finally got them to give me a tracking number but it was fake.
The tracking went to a totally different state.
An honest mistake? hell no!
Not when it happened this many time and to this many people.

Getting a refund was also a PITA.
I had to followup with them 5 times just to get it done.
They kept promising to issue a refund but never did (until my 5th followup)

ps
I purchased a few others games from them earlier this year without a problem.
This bad incident occurred in May.
I'm pretty convinced they only randomly mail out games to select people.
Do NOT buy from buynextgen

Folks - lets all hit the Better Business Bureau and make complaints. It's easy, free, and best of all, it'll get buynextgen a C or worse rating. at least it's some kind of action against them!

www.bbb.org

Im going through the same issue after order MW2 from them. I asked for a tracking number numerous times with no reply. I just filed a dispute with paypal indicating that I will take legal action through my cc company and bbb.org if I do not recieve my item or refund. I also mentioned on the resolution form about the other complaints about this site. If we all get together and complain to paypal, we can probably have this company in serious trouble.

wow, update. I just barely filed the complaint as previously stated on the above post. 5 minutes later, my money was refunded. Wow, this company is still trying to survive by just paying off thier customers to shut up. I still feel this company should be shut down because not everyone will take their time to compalin.

OH MY GOD - I JUST CHECKED AND THEY NEVER ACTUALLY REFUNDED MY PURCHASE!!! THOSE MOTHER @#%!@#%!!!!

Alright folks - let's mobilize here and get this fuckers shutdown. They already have a "C-" rating from the BBB, but let's go for the whole enchilada! First, go here:

http://www.bbb.org/

Then, under "Consumers" tab, select either "File a Complaint" or "Suggest Business to be Investigated". Here's the information to enter - the more folks that do this, the better the odds.

BuyNextGen
1167 Benoist Farms Road Ste. 307
West Palm Beach, FL 33411

http://buynextgen.com

I sent this to "Mike" at buynextgen.com - he's listed as the owner, too:

"FYI - a BUNCH of friends of mine on www.cheapassgamer.com have all complained you guys are pulling the same sh!t with their orders. So we're going to be submitting complaints to the BBB now. You can't screw around w/ people's money. Especially cheap gamers."

With so many reputable places to buy games, for the life of me, I cant understand why someone would buy from some fly-by-night company no one has ever heard of.

they've been around for a while - so they're not fly-by-night. and deals from them popped up from time to time w/ little complaints, so they seemed semi-legit at first. $19.99 for Saints Row 2 CE was their first big 'mistake'.

[quote name='chrisnsally']they've been around for a while - so they're not fly-by-night. and deals from them popped up from time to time w/ little complaints, so they seemed semi-legit at first. [/QUOTE]

Yup, these people have been around for YEARS screwing customers. It makes me wonder how the hell they stay in business. I've been hearing about their horrible service for years, and I'm pretty sure CAGers here have mentioned over and over about how they got crap deals from them.

Nov 20th:

Me:
I am wondering why my order hasn't shipped yet, I finally decided to go with standard shipping instead of the free shipping, and if I am not mistaken, your standard shipping policy says that it should ship in 1-2 days, it's been 4 days now and it's still says it's processing, what's the deal?

Them:
Hi Michael,

Sorry about the delay, we are running little bit behind. It is currently scheduled to leave tomorrow through next day air with it arriving monday before 3PM local time.

I hope that is allright but I understand your disappoint that it hasn't gone yet. Perhaps I can ask to refund the shipping fee since we are a bit behind.

Kevin Barton
BNG Support Supervisor
[email protected]
561-542-9905

Nov 23:
Me:
So it's Monday the 22nd and I just checked my shipping status and it still says
Order Status: Received Payment, Processing Order
Order Date: 11/15/2009 04:40:37
So I take it that it didn't go out and I will also take it that I will not have this game by the holiday, correct?

Them:
Hi Michael,

I have already put in the requst for the refund of $3.95 on teh shipping.

This is the tracking number for your order I believe: I will double check and you should get this before the holiday as it should update when it checks into a local processing facility in LA.

Kevin Barton
BNG Support Supervisor
[email protected]
561-542-9905
Follow Us At Twitter: www.twitter.com/buynextgen

Yes, I screwed up the date, I thought it was the 22nd :p

That seems to be Kevin's standard response.

Then it seems that he gives you a tracking number that isn't even for your package but goes to your area (for me, a package destined for San Diego instead of Irvine.. but there seems to be a minor issue with the tracking number that I need to clear up with USPS first).

Hi XXXXXXXX,

It is scheduled to leave thursday with arrival of monday. If you want I can attach a tracking on it that way you can follow it yourself as well.

Kevin Barton
BNG Support Supervisor
[email protected]
561-542-9905

Hi XXXXXXX,

I thought I sent it to you on Friday since thats when the package was picked up from us. You should still get it before the holiday as to cali should only take about 3 days.

This is the tracking number for your order I believe: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. I will have packer double check once he gets back. Next scan should be near Santa Ana as that is your processing facility before heading out for your post office.

Kevin Barton
BNG Support Supervisor
[email protected]
561-542-9905

He doesn't seem to answer his emails until I sent one to the [email protected] email and then someone forwards it to him then. We should just spam carbonfrost in case it is someone superior to him that would get easily pissed that we're going to them because he's useless.

My package still hasn't shipped out so I filed a paypal dispute, funny part is that I had to do this last time and when I did file the dispute last time they shipped it out right away, so it seems that in order for you to get your shit from them you have to file a dispute for a refund, so why not just order from them and right after clicking the complete order button, go to paypal and file a goddamn dispute.

Yeah same, and Paypal found in my favor and my refund was done within 4 hours of filing the claim. I linked this thread in the comments. Maybe that got them running scared. LOL. Well, I was hoping to eventually have gotten something but I guess since they were so quick to refund me, they never really intended to send anything.

I ordered MW2 on November 17th and I was told it would ship on the 3rd of December which it didn't. My status then showed "canceled fully refunded" which I wasn't refunded. I then submitted claim with paypal and got my money back within the day.

[quote name='mike111']I ordered MW2 on November 17th and I was told it would ship on the 3rd of December which it didn't. My status then showed "canceled fully refunded" which I wasn't refunded. I then submitted claim with paypal and got my money back within the day.[/QUOTE]

F That. Why would anyone even use these tricksters when you can buy MW2 at WalMart for $50 right now? Or from the Microsoft store. There are better deals out there - you don't have to trust some half assed seller to get a good deal.

[quote name='PuppetYuber']:(
i cant file a paypal dispute cuz it has been over 45 days fml[/QUOTE]

did you use your credit card at least? i always use my credit card through paypal. double the protection.

[quote name='PuppetYuber']:(
i cant file a paypal dispute cuz it has been over 45 days fml[/QUOTE]

How on earth do you let something like this slide for 45 days without taking action? Yeesh...

because there was an on-going communication, so I wasnt worried. besides, this was my second time ordering from them. I received my first package, 1-2 months after my order, but at least I got them (the main reason why I ordered from them again)

kevin (their csr) finally emailed me back, and said my package is due to arrive this tuesday (hopefully it is true), if there is any problems he would refund me!

hopefully everything works out eventually ! :

I received 4 of them. I ordered Batman: Arkham Asylum, Assassin's Creed 2, Resident Evil 5, Madden NFL 10, and Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. I ordered on Monday, November 16, 2009, and have yet to receive it. I ordered Assassin's Creed 2 Thursday November 19th, and received it Monday November 23rd. I have e-mailed them the first time about Call Of Duty on Saturday November 28th. I didn't get a response back.

The second time I e-mailed them was 10:26 AM on Thursday December 3rd, soon before they open at 11 AM, and actually got a response from them at 10:42 AM. I waited from the 16th to the 28th 'cause I figured, it being Call Of Duty and all, a popular game, and BuyNextGen being historically slow on a few of my other purchases, especially with Free BNG Saver being selected, I'd let it run its course and wait. Well, after hearing about the Better Business Bureau and this and that, paypal having to damn-near sue these guys, I'm going to get my money back, if and only if it finally doesn't come tomorrow, Monday December 14th. I already contacted the Better Business Bureau about it and sent all my information about the matter.

No f_cking way I am letting this go past a point to where I can't get my $43.95 back, especially after hearing about this[quote name='justboy']I know somebody who works inventory at Target HQ in Minneapolis.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='justboy']On the 27th, it will be $37.99 at Target.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='justboy']Yes.[/QUOTE]from the Call of Duty: MW2 (360/PS3) $44.99 - Amazon.com Price Match of BB - Cheap Ass Gamer thread.

AVOID BUYNEXTGEN!

[quote name='PuppetYuber']because there was an on-going communication, so I wasnt worried. besides, this was my second time ordering from them. I received my first package, 1-2 months after my order, but at least I got them (the main reason why I ordered from them again)

kevin (their csr) finally emailed me back, and said my package is due to arrive this tuesday (hopefully it is true), if there is any problems he would refund me!

hopefully everything works out eventually ! :

This is actually the first time he told me it has been sent and will be arriving soon though, I am just gonna wait for another week see what happens. There is nothing I can do at this point anyways.

bread's done
Back