Buzz! Quiz TV - CAG Night: Sundays at 6 PM PST/9 PM EST

[quote name='Arakias']so how many CAGs have buzz quiz would you say? I'm on it now and tried playing an online game, just got 1 person after 6 mins of waiting. curious to know the frequency of the buzz nights[/quote]
Add me, I have it and still need a good number of online wins ;) but hey, the good thing about only 1 other person is your chances of winning are pretty good :bouncy:

lol. I still play it on occassion, my wife loves the game.

Regarding the DLC- i really like the new packs, i've purchased them all. It really gave the titles some legs after we started wearing out the original questions.

The Video Game pack seems to consist mostly of Sony related games, and Movie/Cartoon ports. So you see some questions like "In What game does Jack Black voice a Panda?" or "In the video game 'Golden Eye', who is the main character?"

It's pretty lame, but otherwise the round would be a complete wash for non-gamers.

I'm thinking of picking this up considering Scene It! has not lived up to their promises of online expansion packs.......again.

dang I think my wife would be playing Pixel Junk Eden still by then.. hmm if anyone would be up for sofa vs sofa trade wins let me know.

We MIGHT not have a CAG night tonight since it may just be Darknyss and I. I may just push it to next week.

EDIT: Since I see evergoo online and IPityTheFool, we may play.

EDIT 2: Canceled. :evil: :bomb:

Last edited by a moderator:
how do your game nights work? It's a 4 player max on a game, isn't it? I might like to participate occasionally, but my sunday's are a little unpredictable.

i kind of wanna pick this up before this weekend but i don't want 4 more buzz controllers.... haha.. so many controllers

[quote name='DestroVega']i kind of wanna pick this up before this weekend but i don't want 4 more buzz controllers.... haha.. so many controllers[/QUOTE]They are wireless, small, and work great. If you had a PS2 Buzz game, you can add them and have 8 players.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']They are wireless, small, and work great. If you had a PS2 Buzz game, you can add them and have 8 players.[/quote]

I have a box of controllers... 2 360 wireless, 2 PS3 wireless, 2 wiimotes, 2 numchucks, 4 scene it! big button pads... 4 more of the same type is just overkill at this point but me and the girl were searching desperately for a game like this to buy on LIVE or PSN and nothing was worth the money... I stupidly bought Jeopardy! 3 months ago on PSN....

all because Scene It! has failed to provide new questions, which they promised.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Why not sell the Scene It stuff and buy Buzz on the cheap?[/quote]

I would totally do that. What's my best option?

[quote name='DestroVega']I have a box of controllers... 2 360 wireless, 2 PS3 wireless, 2 wiimotes, 2 numchucks, 4 scene it! big button pads... 4 more of the same type is just overkill at this point but me and the girl were searching desperately for a game like this to buy on LIVE or PSN and nothing was worth the money... I stupidly bought Jeopardy! 3 months ago on PSN....

all because Scene It! has failed to provide new questions, which they promised.[/quote]
If you think that's bad try having 4 sets of DK bongos, Mario DDR mat, Wii Fit, 2 RB guitars, and drums on top of the various remotes and controllers! :bomb:

Anyway, Buzz is a great me + the wife game. She's played it on her own as much as I have... and b/c of the trophies I have no problem with it!
The only downside is that only 1 person can play online at a time.

oh i forgot to include my wii fit board, 2 rock band drums sets, and 2 guitars... oops

what's the replay value of this game before you have to buy the add-on question sets? I think it was like 12 games of scene it long version before i got all the acheivements and didn't want to play the same stuff over again.

Buzz! is coming to the UK and he's taking no prisoners. Whether you're a PS3, PSP or PS2 owner you'll be able to get your hands on the latest Buzz! title, Buzz! Brain of the UK. Due out in March, Brain of the UK's questions will focus on UK culture, including "bands, cities, sports personalities, television favourites, wildlife, food and more."

The PS3 version will feature over 4000 questions and, just like Buzz! Quiz TV, a national leaderboard as well as MyBuzzQuiz.com and premium question pack support. The PSP version will feature 6-player multiplayer on a single console as well as a single player mode with collectible medals and awards. The PS2 version will support "thousands" of questions, which is apparently enough to keep you "buzzing for hours."

No word on the price or exact release date for any version of Brain of the UK yet, but we should hear something more concrete before it's release in March. We've contacted Sony to ask whether the PS3 version will support currently available Buzz! question packs and will let you know.

[UPDATE] Sony has confirmed that Buzz! quiz packs will work with "every iteration on the PS3."

http://playstation.joystiq.com/2009/01/30/buzz-brain-of-the-uk-coming-to-ps3-psp-and-ps2-in-march/

I am glad to hear that the quiz packs will work with every PS3 Buzz game.

[quote name='DestroVega']oh i forgot to include my wii fit board, 2 rock band drums sets, and 2 guitars... oops

what's the replay value of this game before you have to buy the add-on question sets? I think it was like 12 games of scene it long version before i got all the acheivements and didn't want to play the same stuff over again.[/quote]
It's at least 50 games as far as trophies are concerned, but there are enough questions to last well beyond that.

eBay would probably be your best bet as far as getting the most bang for your buck on selling the Scene It stuff, but Gamestop would probably be the quickest. The OP of the GS trade-in thread has it at about $20 for the game and controllers, though you can get a little more by throwing in two other games to meet the Trade 3 get an extra $10 deal they have going on right now.

I'm gonna go out and buy this today, I'll keep the scene it stuff and hopefully at some point they support the game.

How do the quiz packs work? do they just randomly enter into the game? I'll probably buy one or two before I even start playing.

[quote name='DestroVega']I'm gonna go out and buy this today, I'll keep the scene it stuff and hopefully at some point they support the game.

How do the quiz packs work? do they just randomly enter into the game? I'll probably buy one or two before I even start playing.[/QUOTE]You have to decide whether you want them mixed in or play it separately. They only work online if everyone has them.

Well, I wish I had bought this when it came out. Great game, done really well.

I bought like three of the question packs so I should be good to go for a while.

[quote name='fuss']we still doing game nights for this? I want to start playing this once more.[/QUOTE]

Yes. I'm supposed to be the host but Mana Knight always takes over with my 100% approval. :lol:

I'll host this week on Sunday at 6 pm PST. Please send me a Friends Request if I am not on your list.

We shall party like no tomorrow! :whee:

I have some questions about BUZZ... I was messing around with it last night and they have the Game Face option if you have the PS3 eye... so i borrowed it from my brother, and plugged in the eye and.... couldn't figure out WHAT the hell I was doing... looked in the instruction book and found no answers... so I guess my question is two-fold.

What will it actually do? and how do I use it?

Second question, how do I play quizzes made by people online? can i download them and use them in regular off-line games?... I even played a game against 3 people online and couldn't see an option to use user created quizzes even in there.... again, I checked the manual with no answers found.

I'm sure there are some vets who can break it down for me easily... thanks in advance!

[quote name='evergoo'] 6 pm PST.[/quote]

'doh! I was wondering why nobody was on at 6pm EST. :cold: I will try to be there for the 6pm PST game lol.

GGs SoCalDude & nbballard.

Memorable moments: round of confusing negative questions (e.g. NOT), last question upsets, and pure luck. ;)

Hopefully more people join next time since we haven't done Buzz Nights in awhile.

sorry about only playing 1 game. I accepted the 2nd invite, and walked out of the room, and when i came back it had placed me in a game with 3 random players (i must have been searching for a game before i accepted or something).

After I played that round, we had a guest show up at the house, and I had to quit playing Buzz.

Good game though.

[quote name='evergoo']GGs SoCalDude & nbballard.

Memorable moments: round of confusing negative questions (e.g. NOT), last question upsets, and pure luck. ;) [/quote]

LOL I got robbed the first two games... lost on the LAST question both times hahahaha... :bomb: I would have been there sooner, but had to finish up a game of Warhawk that I was doing really good in the air (a rare thing for me).

We should do this more often - and if it only going to be the two (or 3) of us we can do it anytime - if you see me on shoot me a mail on PSN. I am pretty far from the trophy for online play.

Buzz Night tomorrow at 6 pm PST. Be there or be square!

And don't forget to spring forward tomorrow due to Daylight Savings Time!

GGs fuss and suko.

Fuss: You may have come out ahead this time but we shall meet again next week! :evil:

And the streak continues for losing on the last question. ;)

[quote name='Renald']ack, I missed tonight's Buzz night. Do you usually hold it around 6 PM PST on Sunday, Evergoo?[/QUOTE]

Yep. See ya boys next week!

Sorry I couldn't play last night (It was my dad's birthday). If they aren't doing Burnout next sunday, or I'm being forced to play RE5 with my friends. I'll try to join in.

I need to get this game. I think it'd be a lot of fun with family and friends.

I have a couple of questions about the controllers:

-Wireless vs. wired: has anyone used the PS3 Buzz controllers and can report whether the wires are a big pain, or are they ok? I recently picked up a Buzz PS2 game at Sears for $5, thinking that I could someday get the Buzz disc for PS3 used to play with the wired controllers.

-For all 4 wireless controllers to work, I need 8 AA batteries. Do they last a long time? Or will I be replacing those a lot? I hate batteries. What is worse: dealing with wires or having to replace batteries?

-I could keep the wired controllers and get the PS3 bundle that comes with the 4 wireless controllers in order to have 8 total. Are all modes available with 8 players locally, or just some of the modes?

[quote name='regis100'] -Wireless vs. wired: has anyone used the PS3 Buzz controllers and can report whether the wires are a big pain, or are they ok? I recently picked up a Buzz PS2 game at Sears for $5, thinking that I could someday get the Buzz disc for PS3 used to play with the wired controllers.[/quote]
The wired ones make a mess and are just a pain and do not give you a good "range" of play. Wireless lets you spread out a bit more and just better to play.

[quote name='regis100'] -For all 4 wireless controllers to work, I need 8 AA batteries. Do they last a long time? Or will I be replacing those a lot? I hate batteries. What is worse: dealing with wires or having to replace batteries?[/quote]
I got this game the day it came out and have not had to change them out yet. I have no idea if I am using the same controller or not each time, but they have lasted a long time.

[quote name='regis100']-For all 4 wireless controllers to work, I need 8 AA batteries. Do they last a long time? Or will I be replacing those a lot? I hate batteries. What is worse: dealing with wires or having to replace batteries?[/QUOTE]

I also haven't changed my batteries since I first played it several months. Besides, you should be using rechargeables to save money and our environment. :p

Go with wireless buzzers unless you want people tripping. ;)

bread's done
Back