bytesizedeals.com

Whoa, it really does look like this site. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the owner of that site was a CAG here and posted all the good deals over there.

[quote name='monkeymonkeymonkey']Check out http://www.bytesizedeals.com/. It looks like a little clone of this site, but oddly enough it reminds me of back in the day when a guy could actually take advantage of a deal here before everything was sold out. lol[/quote]

I feel the same way...

The guy's been on IGN trying to promote the site.

He's a real garbage bag, filled with steaming horse cum.

The site does nothing but rip off CAG and VGT.

[quote name='daphatty']Doesn't seem to be working anymore. I wonder if Defender put the smackdown on this fool.[/quote]

One can hope an elite hit team of intellectual propety attorney's whacked his sorry, semen filled ass.

CTL

[quote name='CTLesq'][quote name='daphatty']Doesn't seem to be working anymore. I wonder if Defender put the smackdown on this fool.[/quote]

One can hope an elite hit team of intellectual propety attorney's whacked his sorry, semen filled ass.

CTL[/quote]

Naw, I called the A-Team. Did you know they specialize in wrecking PHP database scripts these days? Since Hannibal died, they've gone high-tech.

Their most frequent poster has 550 since June 3rd. Jesucristo, who is he talking to? There's only 9 people at or above 100 posts!

[quote name='whitereflection']Whoa, it really does look like this site. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the owner of that site was a CAG here and posted all the good deals over there.[/quote]

find the turncoat and beat them to death. =)

[quote name='CTLesq'][quote name='daphatty']Doesn't seem to be working anymore. I wonder if Defender put the smackdown on this fool.[/quote]

CTL[/quote]

That would be a great lawsuit, I wonder what the courts would say about it. I don't know if you could win against them though because you can't copyright facts, only collections of facts. I guess it would have to be proven that the other website directly stole information from this website.

It's kinda like that statistics lawsuit pending against ESPN right now. A company is claiming that ESPN used their minor-league baseball stats without permission. The stats themselves cannot be copyrighted, but the company's work to compile and list them can be. They claim that they can prove ESPN used them without permission because supposedly one time when ESPN used them, errors put there on purpose showed up.

[quote name='ElwoodCuse'][quote name='CTLesq'][quote name='daphatty']Doesn't seem to be working anymore. I wonder if Defender put the smackdown on this fool.[/quote]

CTL[/quote]

That would be a great lawsuit, I wonder what the courts would say about it. I don't know if you could win against them though because you can't copyright facts, only collections of facts. I guess it would have to be proven that the other website directly stole information from this website.

It's kinda like that statistics lawsuit pending against ESPN right now. A company is claiming that ESPN used their minor-league baseball stats without permission. The stats themselves cannot be copyrighted, but the company's work to compile and list them can be. They claim that they can prove ESPN used them without permission because supposedly one time when ESPN used them, errors put there on purpose showed up.[/quote]

When I was in law school I wrote a paper on a company that provided real time scores and updates to people via cellphone/pagers. I believe it was SportsTrax or something like that. The NBA sued them over the use of the real time information. They claimed that information was valuable.

I don't recall how it was decided.

CTL

Sup law school buddy?

I guess that's part of the "accounts and/or descriptions of this game may not be reproduced or retransmitted without the express written consent blah blah blah" they always play on TV.

I saw an article once on probably the same company. They have people watching every single sporting event going on and they compile the stuff that you get on like GameCast or tickers or whatever.

I hate to say this but I found Bytesizedeals before CAG.

I saw an article on Bytesizedeals on www.gamespot.com. It was in regards to the Best Buy sale a few weeks ago.

Later on I did a search and thats how I found CAG. I prefer CAG so I go to this website more often.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but that site is more of an insult.
looks like he wants to be as cool and original as CD.
Their off topic forums are strangely similar to this site's with the topics it discusses.

which was around first? cheapassgamer or vgtalk? cuz vgtalk is very very very similar, more so similar then bytesizedeals....

vgtalk is also very lame....someone from here/there/both copies and pastes the weekly ads that take me forever (literally an hour) to post every week...and posts them over there....so i saw that, joined up, and asked for them to at least give some credit to cag....then...they banned me....faggots....

[quote name='trustcompany1013']which was around first? cheapassgamer or vgtalk? cuz vgtalk is very very very similar, more so similar then bytesizedeals....

vgtalk is also very lame....someone from here/there/both copies and pastes the weekly ads that take me forever (literally an hour) to post every week...and posts them over there....so i saw that, joined up, and asked for them to at least give some credit to cag....then...they banned me....E.T.s....[/quote]

I am not sure who was first, but I was not aware of any other video game deal site when I started CAG.

[quote name='trustcompany1013']which was around first? cheapassgamer or vgtalk? cuz vgtalk is very very very similar, more so similar then bytesizedeals....

vgtalk is also very lame....someone from here/there/both copies and pastes the weekly ads that take me forever (literally an hour) to post every week...and posts them over there....so i saw that, joined up, and asked for them to at least give some credit to cag....then...they banned me....E.T.s....[/quote]

Now that is just fucking queer. fuck VGT Although I did find out about CAG through VGTalks, which I found randomly.

As for Bytesizedeals, get over it. I've known about that site for awhile too. Think of it like this, remember Napster? Then how after that there was Kazaa and Morpheus, and then Soulseek, Songspy, Kazaa Lite and WinMX, and so on. It's like that, that's how the internet, hell that's how all businesses work. If something works there's something like CAG, which is the first mover taking all the risks and then there's sites like Bytesizedeals that act as fast followers and attempt to mimic the style of the first mover and ultimately hope to mimic their success. It's really nothing to get all worked up about.

Christ even Cheapy himself lists sites like Bensbargains as his inspiration for this site. http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=184 So, don't get your panties in a bunch. Be happy that you're a cag and part of something that is likely to continue to grow from here and potentially make our beloved head Cheapass a lot of money (see Jeff Vecsey & Gamefaqs).

I just checked their thread for weekly sales at VGT, the author "PrivatePixel" does finally give you credit at the bottom Trust 8)

bout damn time....i guess i had to get banned to find that out....thanks for the info zen

by the way, the one who used to always post my weekly ads wasn't him, im not sure his name but im pretty sure it started with an s or m....lol, not much help, but oh well....

"Critical Information

You have been banned from this forum.
Please contact the webmaster or board administrator for more information. "

They don't even give you the info in order to contact the webmaster or board administrator. I so wish I could bitch them out (like that would do anything).

Seems the user in question is supermariomelee2, shortly after he posted last week's ads the user mtxbass1 says
If you are going to rip something directly off of CAG, at least give the original poster on there credit.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22061

No mention of it after that. Pretty gay if you ask me, I guess that's why I only use that site if I'm really looking for a specific game deal that I can't find on here. Of course generally if it's not here, it's not anywhere, but lord knows that doesn't stop me from looking.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Seems the user in question is supermariomelee2, shortly after he posted last week's ads the user mtxbass1 says
If you are going to rip something directly off of CAG, at least give the original poster on there credit.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22061

No mention of it after that. Pretty gay if you ask me, I guess that's why I only use that site if I'm really looking for a specific game deal that I can't find on here. Of course generally if it's not here, it's not anywhere, but lord knows that doesn't stop me from looking.[/quote]

thanks zen and thanks mtxbass1 (whoever you are)

i know what you mean about looking and looking no matter what...if i need a deal on a certain game, ill recheck everything about 5 times b4 i give up...lol...thats that cheapass cheapassness coming out i guess

heres a post from the site, it is now using direct lingo from the site (YMMV, GGC.. theres more on the site) i used to post there before i realized they were just ripping off this site, i would always wonder how come the deals they posted expired immediately basically and i realized cuz theres a BETTER place to get them from.. and sooner! thanks CAG you kick aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

------------------------------------------------------
(post from there site owner/moderator)
------------------------------------------------------
Yea, $19.99 is the minimum to use the Gamers Gift Card coupon. However, you can go to your Best Buy and pick up the free Best Buy/Gamepro magazine. They had a dispaly with a ton of them at my BB. Inside, on page 47, there's a $5-off coupon for any Xbox Live game (which NFL 2K5 is). There's no minimum price needed to use the coupon. Of course it's still YMMV, since I don't know if you can pricematch and still use a coupon at BB.

And just as a reminder, you can use that same coupon to get Outlaw Volleyball (Xbox) for just $5. It's $10 at BB, and the $5-off coupon will work without any problems.

Trust, if I were you, I'd be making fake weekly ad posts so they can plagarize it. If you're gonna do something like that, sign it off with some kinda code - "The blue horse rides at midnight" or something more subtle - "Disgaea for $5 at BB".

Flame suit is on! Is this site now dead? I check them out from time to time. I notice a few CAG names on it. It's been down for over a week, possibly longer.

CAG blows any clones away. I must have saved hundreds of dollars in deals.

Pretty funny , this thread started when I found that site back in the day of the CC $5 clearance .
It seemed pretty cool until I found CAG .

I found bytesizedeals before any other site and I was a major member there. They had plenty of original deals not found on any other site, and the main members there were very cool. I love this site too but sometimes it seems like people can be rude and not appreciate any other's opinions, which always comes with any forum with a lot of members.

The reason the admin shut it down was because of extremely excessive spam posts. I tried to beg him to employ some way to stop it, there are some PHPBB anti-spam hacks out there, but he never bothered. I wish it could have stayed around, it felt like my digital home. Now I only visit CAG and dont post much.

So ByteSizeDeals is gone for good? I have to admit that I found out about them before CAG, and I used to visit both until the end of 2006. After that I checked ByteSize maybe once a month, and I noticed that something's wrong in early April.

Oh well, CAG ftw!

You know what's funny? I found CAG because of that site...

Anybody remember that one sale at CC when they were selling a bunch of games at $5? I think it was either before the PSP/DS came out or just before Halo 2 came out.

Well, I first heard about the sale from my brother. He saw it at the Gamespot forums, which linked to Bytesizedeals.com. From there, I heard about the sale and learned about a few games but then someone there mentioned a huge list over here at CAG. And the rest is history.

The site basically did bite stuff from other sites. There was rarely anything original on there.

[quote name='Richlough']Pretty funny , this thread started when I found that site back in the day of the CC $5 clearance .
It seemed pretty cool until I found CAG .[/QUOTE]

Same here. I was exclusive to Bytesizedeals until. Well, whatever the date under my name says. It was nice at first (mid 2004) but then updates slowed waaaaay down and I found out about CAG.

I still have so many fucking games from that clearance that I haven't played...

bread's done
Back