CAG 2.0 Blog Question

wakasm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Like the redesign btw. Question about our blogs.

Will you ever be changing the url to be based on our username or custom title?

So instead of

ttp//www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?u=1234567890

it would be (using my username as an example)

ttp://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog/wakasm

and possibly even going further to...

ttp://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog/wakasm/title_of_blogpost

I only ask because it's much easier to reference people to a username and will reward people who post a lot to your website as well as your site since blog posts are basically free content (not always quality content) and free quality content = good for search engines, especially if the url in the 21st century like most blogs are today ;)

Updated to reflect other CAG-er's questions.

-I have another question. How big can your blog header image be?

-Why can't I directly publish a blog post that is currently in draft form? Or am I missing something?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have yet another question.

Why can't I directly publish a blog post that is currently in draft form? Or am I missing something?

[quote name='CAG 79']I have another question. How big can your blog header image be?[/quote]

i uploaded a large image. It got resized to 311x100.

dunno if that is final but that's what it is at now.

[quote name='wakasm']Like the redesign btw. Question about our blogs.

Will you ever be changing the url to be based on our username or custom title?

So instead of

ttp//www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?u=1234567890

it would be (using my username as an example)

ttp://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog/wakasm

and possibly even going further to...

ttp://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog/wakasm/title_of_blogpost
[/quote]A definite yes on the 1st and a most likely on the 2nd.

[quote name='CAG 79']I have another question. How big can your blog header image be?[/quote]Images larger than 777x400 will be resized.

[quote name='KingBroly']I have yet another question.

Why can't I directly publish a blog post that is currently in draft form? Or am I missing something?[/quote]
When you are on the edit page, change the "Publish status"

Can you remove tags from your blog posts once you put them on? I was trying to put a "category" on and didn't realize it wasn't the same thing as "tags." I figured out how to do categories, now I just need to correct the tag.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Can you remove tags from your blog posts once you put them on?[/QUOTE]

I have the same question as above that wasn't answered as well as another.

How do we change a blog's category? I didn't realize we could categorize them until after I'd posted so now both my blogs are Uncategorized and I want to change that.

Is it possible to embed a youtube video into a blog post? I tried the [media] tags but the preview only shows the link I put between the media tags.

[quote name='Cleaner7']I have the same question as above that wasn't answered as well as another.

How do we change a blog's category? I didn't realize we could categorize them until after I'd posted so now both my blogs are Uncategorized and I want to change that.[/QUOTE]
You have to go Blog Control Panel->Blog Categories->Add New Blog Category and then go back and edit your blog post and check off the appropriate category.

bread's done
Back