CAG 2006 Secret Santa Closed while lists are complied

Graystone

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Cheap Ass Gamer secret Santa
Deadline to join is December 3rd 11:59pm est.

[size=+1]From the mods:
No CAG feedback should be left for gifts given. (Either by the gift giver or the gift receiver.)
[/size]

We're having a Secret Santa this year (credit goes to Visc for the idea).

The idea is that you blindly send someone an item off of their wish list. Then someone blindly sends you an item off of your wish list.

Most important thing is email me! Don't post anything in this thread. If you do it won't be a secret.

If you can't afford something, or want to send something just to fulfill someones wish list your more then welcome to. Email me and tell me you want to be a White Elephant. Also send me your contact info as well. Only rule for white elephants is that they send 1st class mail with DC.

Read the rules its very important.

RULES

1.Email me at [email protected] with your wish list (don't post it in this thread), Contact info (mailing address), and a link to your profile page here at CAG.com, tell me if you want to be in the White elephant, or a Secret santa.

If you have no feedback at CAG, give me a link to some other form of feedback you have (ebay, other forums etc) The more feedback you can provide me the better.
If you have negative feedback here you can't participate.

2. After the Join deadline time. I will PM you a the wish list. You pick out something from that list and send it.

3. If your in the Secret Santa you must send whats on someones wishlist.

4. No Item on your wish list shouldn't cost more then $25 including shipping. This isn't about getting "that new game." or the money its about fulfilling something off of your wishlist. If the items retail price, or used price at a EB/Gamestop is more then $20 dollars don't put it on your list this is (Cheapassgamer remember) :D You can also ask for any media item (book, movie, game, cd)

5. Your wish list should be at least 5-8 items. What you send/receive doesn't have to be brand new factory as long as its something off of your wish list sealed. But should be in mint condition. Again if the used price is under $20 then ask for it by all means.

7. No one has to send $25 worth of stuff. One item should be sufficient. $25 is just a maximum guideline. Again its not about the money so don't be greedy and ask for $60 game or rare games.

8. Items should be sent 1st class mail with Delivery conformation. Email me the DC numbers ASAP after shipping.

9. New members or a member with no feedback will have to send item first. Once I get DC numbers. I will tell the other member to ship the item out.

10. If you scam a member out of a game then you will be dealt with by the Mods.

In general its all about having fun. We just have to get those things out of the way.

Simple Rules
1. Send me an email at [email protected] with wish list, contact info and some form of feedback. No item on wishlist should cost more then $20

2. I will post wish lists day after the deadline date of Dec. 3rd.

3. Email me again and tell me what your sending.

4. noobs send item first then email me Delivery conformation numbers

5. Items must be sent 1st class mail.

6. White elephants can send any item they want.

7. Items must be mailed out by Dec 10th.

[quote name='CitizenB']
Cheap Ass Gamer secret Santa
Deadline to join is December 3rd 11:59pm est.

We're having a Secret Santa this year (credit goes to Visc for the idea).

The idea is that you blindly send someone an item off of their wish list. Then someone blindly sends you an item off of your wish list.

Most important thing is email me! Don't post anything in this thread. If you do it won't be a secret.

If you can't afford something, or want to send something just to fulfill someones wish list your more then welcome to. Email me and tell me you want to be a White Elephant. Also send me your contact info as well. Only rule for white elephants is that they send 1st class mail with DC.

Read the rules its very important.

RULES

1.Email me at [email protected] with your wish list (don't post it in this thread), Contact info (mailing address), and a link to your profile page here at CAG.com, tell me if you want to be in the White elephant, or a Secret santa.

If you have no feedback at CAG, give me a link to some other form of feedback you have (ebay, other forums etc) The more feedback you can provide me the better.
If you have negative feedback here you can't participate.

2. After the Join deadline time. I will post the wish lists. Email me what you want to send. I'll then give you that persons contact info.

3. If your in the Secret Santa you must send whats on someones wishlist.

4. No Item on your wish list shouldn't cost more then $25 including shipping. This isn't about getting "that new game." or the money its about fulfilling something off of your wishlist. If the items retail price, or used price at a EB/Gamestop is more then $20 dollars don't put it on your list this is (Cheapassgamer remember) :D You can also ask for any media item (book, movie, game, cd)

5. Your wish list should be at least 5-8 items. What you send/receive doesn't have to be brand new factory as long as its something off of your wish list sealed. But should be in mint condition. Again if the used price is under $20 then ask for it by all means.

7. No one has to send $25 worth of stuff. One item should be sufficient. $25 is just a maximum guideline. Again its not about the money so don't be greedy and ask for $60 game or rare games.

8. Items should be sent 1st class mail with Delivery conformation. Email me the DC numbers ASAP after shipping.

9. New members or a member with no feedback will have to send item first. Once I get DC numbers. I will tell the other member to ship the item out.

10. If you scam a member out of a game then you will be dealt with by the Mods.

In general its all about having fun. We just have to get those things out of the way.

Simple Rules
1. Send me an email at [email protected] with wish list, contact info and some form of feedback. No item on wishlist should cost more then $20

2. I will post wish lists day after the deadline date of Dec. 3rd.

3. Email me again and tell me what your sending.

4. noobs send item first then email me Delivery conformation numbers

5. Items must be sent 1st class mail.

6. White elephants can send any item they want.

7. Items must be mailed out by Dec 10th.[/QUOTE]

okay now im confused. you said you will post wish list the day after the deadline so your just going to post a list like

a wants this
b wants this
c wants this a
d wants this

or will it be

A has to by for C
B had to by for D

if its the first way then i can see major problems with it. everyone will try to jump on the cheapest wishlist and some may not even get anything

say their are 20 people on the list and the first 15 spots are filled and the last 5 spots are 20 games. Those last 5 people who havent sent anything out might say (HELL WITH THIS IM NOT SENDING OUT A 20 BUCK GAME WHEN SOMEONE ELSE ONLY HAD TO SEND OUT A 5 buck game)

[quote name='slidecage']okay now im confused. you said you will post wish list the day after the deadline so your just going to post a list like

a wants this
b wants this
c wants this a
d wants this

or will it be

A has to by for C
B had to by for D

if its the first way then i can see major problems with it. everyone will try to jump on the cheapest wishlist and some may not even get anything

say their are 20 people on the list and the first 15 spots are filled and the last 5 spots are 20 games. Those last 5 people who havent sent anything out might say (HELL WITH THIS IM NOT SENDING OUT A 20 BUCK GAME WHEN SOMEONE ELSE ONLY HAD TO SEND OUT A 5 buck game)[/QUOTE]

It will be A has to buy for C, and C buys for D. I'll should have of cleared that up. So After the deadline you will get a PM from me with what items someone wants, and their contact info.

why does the wish list needa have so many items?? (5 minimum)

what if people only want like, 1 or 2 things,

of course under the discretion that those 2 things are common items (like a greatest hits game)

[quote name='JEKKI']why does the wish list needa have so many items?? (5 minimum)

what if people only want like, 1 or 2 things,

of course under the discretion that those 2 things are common items (like a greatest hits game)[/QUOTE]

These reason is so you only sorta know what your getting. If that makes sense. plus when you ask for more then one thing you giving the other Secret santa an option of what to get you. If you say I want Cooking Mama thats all. Then its not really a secret Santa its more. "give me this game, cause I'm doing this thing on a website."

The mods will certainly do what they can if anyone pulls a scam here, but keep in mind our powers are pretty much limited to CAG and the ultimate penalty we have is a CAG ban. So use your own discretion as to if you want to participate or not.

Basically the same rule applies here as in the CAG trading forum. Participate at your own risk.

I'm in; I sent you an e-mail.

Question: How does the White Elephant work exactly? Do we just send one item like a game or movie that we have, even if it isn't on a wish list? I have some things I can send, I just don't have the money to go out and buy anything specific.

[quote name='AlienLX']I'm in; I sent you an e-mail.

Question: How does the White Elephant work exactly? Do we just send one item like a game or movie that we have, even if it isn't on a wish list? I have some things I can send, I just don't have the money to go out and buy anything specific.[/QUOTE]

Yes you could tell me in an email what you have, and it might be on somebodies wish list.

Signed up, email sent.

Quick question--should someone choose to fufill multiple requests, can they? Asking, in case of an upcoming special discount at work.

Ok only 8 people joined secret santa and 2 for white elephants. Those ten people know who they are. I honestly don't feel that its worth going through with the Secret Santa. I'll Post the wishlists. Email me if you still want to continue with it. But I don't think its worth it IMO. All the people joined email me, and say if you want to continue or not. most votes win. I'll give you till this time monday night

So yes continue or no don't continue. email me your vote

-2000 Wii Points Card
-1600 Microsoft Points Card
-Perfect Dark Zero (CAN be found for $20!)
-Wii Classic Controller
-American Dad Season 1
-Drawn Together Season 1
------------------------------------

Phantasy star universe strategy guide book
Xbox live arcade codes
The outfit
360 face plates
final fantasy XI strategy guide
-------------------------------------------------

The Nightmare Before Christmas: Oogie's Revenge (PS2)
Weird Al Yankovic - Straight Outta Lynwood (dual disc edition)
Beck - The Information
Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay (PC)
Mega Man X Command Mission
Front Mission 4
Radiata Stories
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
-----------------------------------------------

Cooking Mama(DS)
Xbox 360 Play and Charge Kit
Nyko Xbox 360 Intercooler
Mario Hoops 3 on 3(DS)
Diner Dash 2(PC)
Full Auto(X360)
Xbox 360 1600 Marketplace Points
EA Replay(PSP)
--------------------------------------------

True Swing Golf (DS)
Half-Life 2 Episode One (PC)
Xbox Live 1600 Points card
Mario Golf Advance Tour (GBA)
Mario Golf Power Tennis (GBA)
Amped 3 (360)
Lara Croft Tomb Raider Legend (360)
Burnout Revenge (360)
------------------------------------------

-Mega Man Zero 4 (GBA)
-Mega Man Powered Up (PSP)
-Katamari (PSP)
-Fire Emblem (gamecube)
-Advance Wars DS (DS)
--------------------------------

1. Resident Evil 4
2. Meteos
3. Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows
4. Rampage Total Destruction & Mortal Kombat: Shaolin monks
5. X-Men Legends 2
--------------------------------------

Cooking Mama (DS)
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal (PS2)
Silent Hill 2 (PS2)
Puyo Pop Fever (DS)
Magic Pengel (PS2)
Gaming-related shirt in ladies small
PSP game that doesn't suck (and isn't lumines/wipeout/twisted
metal/katamari/megaman)
Wii controller glove (pink?)
Stuffed dolls or action figures related to gaming
Wii points
Xbox Live points
Comedy option: Shadow the Hedgehog (GC)
---------------------------------------------------------

Mario Kart Double Dash! (GC)
Puyo Pop Fever (DS)
Puyo Pop (NGPC or GBA)
Sonic Jam (Saturn - import version OK)
Panzer Dragoon II Zwei (Saturn - import version OK)
Love Hina DVD volume 5 or 6
Cowboy Bebop Remix volume 4, 5, or 6
Ah! My Goddess TV volume 5 or 6
any Saturn imports
--------------------------------------------------

Wishlist:
Super Smash Brothers melee (GC)
Marvel: Civil war issues 3-5 (or any in between)(comic book)
subscription to nintendo power (use www.nintendopower.com/wii )
legend of zelda: minish cap
Superman returns dual disc dvd
--------------------------------------------------------

1: Halo:Ghost of onyx (a halo book)
2: Rechargeable 360 battery
-----------------------------------------------

PlayStation
Parappa the Rapper
Star Ocean (any other than Till the End of Time)
Prince of Persia: Two Thrones
BurnOut Revenge

Nintendo DS
Super Princess Peach

Game Boy Advance
MarioKart Super Circuit
Shonen Jump's Naruto:Ninja Council
Zelda Oracle of Ages
Zelda Oracle of Seasons

Game Cube
Mario Kart DD
Kirby Air Ride
Super Mario Strikers

[quote name='CitizenB']Ok only 8 people joined secret santa and 2 for white elephants. Those ten people know who they are. I honestly don't feel that its worth going through with the Secret Santa. I'll Post the wishlists. Email me if you still want to continue with it. But I don't think its worth it IMO. All the people joined email me, and say if you want to continue or not. most votes win. I'll give you till this time monday night

So yes continue or no don't continue. email me your vote[/QUOTE]who cares if only 2 people joined?!?!?!

let them buy presents for each other

Man, I knew I was forgetting something. Guess I lucked out =\

Edit: Citizen B, if you can get a few more people to join up, then I'd gladly join up. I know its too late, but its all good either way.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Man, I knew I was forgetting something. Guess I lucked out =\

Edit: Citizen B, if you can get a few more people to join up, then I'd gladly join up. I know its too late, but its all good either way.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='slidecage']man i should of joined there was a few things on people wish list i could of sent them

O well[/QUOTE]

If you two want to join shoot me emails. I'll add you guys.

Since so few joined how do you guys want to do it. You want to pick a list and send to that person, or do you want me to email you a list and you have to send to that person.

[quote name='CitizenB']If you two want to join shoot me emails. I'll add you guys.

Since so few joined how do you guys want to do it. You want to pick a list and send to that person, or do you want me to email you a list and you have to send to that person.[/quote]

I'd vote to email the lists, as that would make it more interesting.

Check you email boxes, and ignore any email I've sent you with a wishlist. If you joined and haven't received a PM, or email from me please PM me.

bread's done
Back