CAG 360 Game Lending Circle - NOW OPEN TO ALL, READ RULES 1ST - 292 Games Available!

[quote name='HotShotX']As far as I know, no XBox 1 games have achievements, or any particular tracking in the 360's system, making it difficult for a lender to determine whether a borrower is finished or even actively playing their game. So I'd say no at this time.

~HotShotX[/QUOTE]

Gotcha, but it could lead to people (borrowers especially) becoming more reputable as well.

[quote name='HotShotX']Did you even read what I just posted right above you?

If you are that concerned about your items getting damaged by others, do one of the following:

1. Only lend out games you don't might becoming damaged.
2. Borrow a high end game from the borrower as collateral.
3. Ask the borrower to replace the disk, report them if refused, file for mail fraud.
4. Lend only to people you trust (not everyone immediately just scratches the hell out of their disk the second they get it).

I'm going to update the OP with an FAQ, because some people really aren't following the conversation in the thread.

~HotShotX[/quote]

Oops my bad I was really sleepy last night from the amazon sale thing. I only read a couple of the post and skim through the rest before I went to bed. Sorry...

I'd like to take part in this. Just looking to get a week or two with a couple older games - orange box, mass effect, cod2, pretty much anything I don't have. 3 year cag with 70+ feedback.. your games are safe with me. pm me if you're willing to lend out.

I would definitely be interested in this... I've obviously have not been part of the community for over a year nor have an iTrader rating but my eBay ratings should speak for themselves.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']I'd like to take part in this. Just looking to get a week or two with a couple older games - orange box, mass effect, cod2, pretty much anything I don't have. 3 year cag with 70+ feedback.. your games are safe with me. pm me if you're willing to lend out.[/QUOTE]

I've got 2 of the 3 games you listed.

When is this going to start taking place offically though?

I'm interested in Dead Rising, but not if it's a $5 rental.

I just got Fable II back from HotShotX. Arrived in the same condition i sent it out. Once the 'Lender' and 'Borrower' options are added to iTrader, i'll leave feedback :)

I'd be down for this even just to get some iTrader. I'm in New Zealand right now and have games at home collecting dust.

[quote name='Scorch']I've thought about this before (but it was for DVD box sets), but there's so many loose ends that it never came to pass. The bottom line is that you can't trust anyone with your property, no matter how long they've been on the site or how much feedback they have.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I could see a lending system for average to good condition games so it not so much a worry but not newer or like new games. If I traded a newer game I would need insurance & delivery confirmation both ways and even then you can't be assured someone will not have a light mark(s), fingerprints, & etc on a disc when it's returned even with the best of traders, wear happens.

For example, I have an poor to average Call Of Duty 4 & a good Stranglehold for [X]360 that I wouldn't mind letting someone borrow for a few weeks for an average to good Orange Box, Blacksite Area 51, & more but I'm not going to take a chance trading my like new Fable 2, I'd have to trade it regularly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be down with jumping on this, but my trading rating isn't quite up to standards. I have no problem trading with those on my friends' list or those who frequent CAG (more than 1,000 posts or so).

If anybody is interested, I just finished Fable II and would be willing to trade for Mirror's Edge, Saints Row, Dead Space or another newer game.

Let me know if anybody's interested. I also have more than 100 transactions on eBay, for what it's worth.

[quote name='Foo228']When is this going to start taking place offically though?[/quote]

The CAG 360 Lending Circle will officially start when CheapyD, "Super-Programmer" John, and CAG Forum Admins approve and implement the request feedback options, sticky the thread, and overall give a "thumbs up" to the operation.

Any lending you choose to do before these items are in place ARE AT YOUR OWN RISK. I know a lot of you are excited, but try not to jump the gun before everything is in place and proper moderation is working. I don't imagine anyone would like the situation where the program starts up and we all find out that some ass has already been borrowing from 15 CAGs simultaneously behind the scenes.

All in all, there seems to be a lot of support for this from both the community, CheapyD, and John. Let's wait and give them enough respect to give formal approval for what could essentially be the next step for trading on Cheap Ass Gamer.

"Cheap Ass Gamer is about to get a little Cheaper".

~HotShotX

For those that do want to start lending early, be sure to message HotShotX so that he can update the first post. It may not be official, but it won't be hard to keep track of. Just list who you are lending to and what game is being lent.

It will be a while before I can participate, but great idea.

[quote name='SynGamer']If enough people are interested, i'll buy a dozen or so plastic cases and ship them out to people (at cost, no profit). There are two choices below, feel free to chime in with a preference (and if you would want one).

[/quote]
Rather than buying all those THINpack DVD cases I should be able to scrounge some up from the OXM demos I have sitting in the closet to contribute to this project.

Hey HotShot or Syn, I'm interested in participating, but really don't have all that much time to play a lot of games. Because of that, I probably wouldn't be borrowing much, but would do more lending. For some reason I've bought a bunch of games recently, but I don't finish many. Would successful lends allow me to become vetted into the program?

Any list from me would exclude the stuff I am absolutely interested in finishing in the near future, but that still leaves a few games I think people may have interest in.

[quote name='John Ketch']Hey HotShot or Syn, I'm interested in participating, but really don't have all that much time to play a lot of games. Because of that, I probably wouldn't be borrowing much, but would do more lending. For some reason I've bought a bunch of games recently, but I don't finish many. Would successful lends allow me to become vetted into the program?

Any list from me would exclude the stuff I am absolutely interested in finishing in the near future, but that still leaves a few games I think people may have interest in.[/quote]

I think a couple rounds of successful lending would be appropriate grounds for granting borrower privileges to newer members or non-trading CAGs.

~HotShotX

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Once implemented, this won't be limited to 360 games right? or is it just for 360 stuff.[/quote]

For the time being, it will be solely limited to 360 games (at least as far as what I will be monitoring). I believe that the online system Microsoft has in place is robust enough (achievements & friends lists) that lenders can monitor a borrower's progress effectively, and will know exactly when a borrower is finished with their game (completion or achievements), and should not be sending the response "I'm not done yet, still working on it".

Essentially, a lender will have an idea as to when a borrower is lying to them, or at least not providing a valid argument as to why they should need additional time with the game. This will limit fraud and issues overall.

The PS3 and Wii don't have similar systems in place (as far as I know). Trophies are nice, but is there a set standard as to what each game will have (such as 1000 for Retail, 200 for Arcade).

I however, will only be monitoring the 360 Thread. If someone is interested in taking up the responsibility for other systems, do so at your own risk. Either way, no lending should be taking place until CheapyD gives a formal approval, and "Super-Programmer" John implements "Lender" & "Borrower" titles to the iTrader system.

~HotShotX

I was hoping for a mention about the circle on this week's CAGcast, but no such luck. We need some official motion on this program, and get the ball rolling.

~HotShotX

7. What if my game is damaged by a borrower, what is the process of replacing it?

C. Neutral feedback is left for both parties. The transaction went bad, but amends were made.

This makes no sense to me. So you're saying if I lend someone my game and they lose/damage it, I have to be punished with a neutral iTrader rating? It's bad enough I'd have to be waiting x amount of weeks extra to get my game back. Also, does neutral feedback bring down your 100% rating? If so, that would mean a lender, who did nothing wrong, would not be able to borrow games in the future, just because some ass wrecked his game.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']7. What if my game is damaged by a borrower, what is the process of replacing it?

C. Neutral feedback is left for both parties. The transaction went bad, but amends were made.

This makes no sense to me. So you're saying if I lend someone my game and they lose/damage it, I have to be punished with a neutral iTrader rating? It's bad enough I'd have to be waiting x amount of weeks extra to get my game back. Also, does neutral feedback bring down your 100% rating? If so, that would mean a lender, who did nothing wrong, would not be able to borrow games in the future, just because some ass wrecked his game.
[/quote]
I'm pretty sure Neutral feedback doesn't lower your % rating...so long as the borrower replaces the game.

I feel it is unwise to wait until a program is implemented that involves "Lender" and "Borrower", especially with the iTrader system. The Lending Circle should be its own entity. With that said, I want to severely stress that this Lending Circle idea be beta-tested first. I would assume that all of you, with some prior knowledge, know that a good majority of games, whether PC-based or Console-based, get beta-tested first before being released. Obviously, beta-testing is in place to rule out bugs, revise things, as well as see how successful the project is.

I'm not the person in control of this project, obviously HotShotX is. However, I want to express my opinion by saying that it is VERY unwise to jump the gun and try to implement something before it's tested. If the Lending Circle fails, not only has "Super Programmer John" wasted time and effort in coding (even though it may be copy and paste), but even CheapyD may be embarassed if he gives his utmost approval before it even begins and it fails. Would you buy a used car without looking at a CARFAX report or other sources? No.

The implementation of the "Lender/Borrower" and CheapyD's approval isn't what's stopping the program. Although it may need CheapyD's approval to begin the Lending Circle program, it certainly does not need the "Lender/Borrower" coding this early in the game. Waiting to start the program until both objectives are completed is destined for failure. It is a common business 101 technique every entrepeneur should know, to always "test the waters" before jumping into the pool.

The lending circle needs a beta test before the real deal happens. If you jump the gun and get right into it and it fails, it will be devastating. There are a lot of great things and great ideas that look good on paper, but when push comes to shove, you need to make sure it actually works. Until this gets beta-tested within the CAG Community, then I feel that it should ask for CheapyD's approval, or CheapyD will come to it. With patience, comes great things.

That's just my two cents. Take what you will. I don't mind when we start, I just wanted to pitch my ideas. I'm only 17, so I may be wrong here because I'm not that experienced in business.

Well, i sent HotShotX Fable 2 in return for nothing and received it back in the same condition. So that's 1 transaction. Our second trade involved my Lost Odyssey for his Mass Effect, and i expect it to go just as good as the first transaction. Personally, i think we should wait for the Lender/Borrower to be implemented in with iTrader so that we can properly evaluate these transactions...

[quote name='MillerTime2523']7. What if my game is damaged by a borrower, what is the process of replacing it?

[/quote]

Actually, now that I think about it, you're right. Positive feedback should be left for both parties. The Lender followed all procedures in reporting the issue, and the Borrower held up their end of the bargain and replaced the game. Accidents can happen, but both sides did work to fulfill their end of the transaction. I'll update the ruling.

Reading over chronotrigga's post, I also agree with the notion of beta testing the circle. Perhaps opening it up only to those with 15+/100% iTrader or more, and 10 transactions maximum would be best for the time being.

HotShotX - Lost Odyssey / SynGamer
SynGamer - Mass Effect / HotShotX

Those would be two, if there are borrowers with 15+/100% iTrader or better, and lenders with at least a Year on CAG willing to participate, I'd say go ahead and make a single post of games you're willing to lend out. Strike up a deal with a borrower with a good enough rating, and PM me the contract you come up with.

Once we have 10 active transactions, I'm not taking any more requests. I'll update the OP with the new rules and a transaction list.

~HotShotX

[quote name='MillerTime2523']I'd like to test this out as a borrower. I'd only need the disc to save on shipping.[/quote]

I wouldn't mind being a guinea pig as a lender.

I have:

Lost odyssey
Lego's Indiana Jones
Stuntman
Civ: Revolution
sega superstar tennis
crackdown
xbl arcade compilation disk

I've got -

:360: Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga
:360: Madden 08
:360: Project Gotham Racing 4
:360: Guitar Hero 2
:360: Guitar Hero 3
:360: Forza Motorsports 2
:360: Bioshock
and Fable II once I finish it.

I would like to borrow -

:360: Quantum of Solace
:360: Call of Duty 4 (Still haven't played it...)
:360: Civilization Revolution
:360: Gears of War 2
:360: Prince of Persia

After the holidays and once I am a little less busy I think I will hop in with you guys. There aren't too many games that I really need to borrow, but I think I could definitely be a help with the lending side of things (I have 66 games currently).

Have to lend:
Call of Duty 2
Prey
Gears of War
Burnout Paradise
Grand Theft Auto IV

Would like to borrow:
Saints Row 2
Gears 2
Fear
Fable 2 (finish 1st game 1st?)
Prince of Persia
Smackdown 09
Left 4 Dead
Mirror's Edge
Far Cry 2
Viva Pinata: TiP
Dead Rising
+ possible others

Feel free to pm me.
Sorry my want list is chiefly recent releases.

btw, Great idea chronatrigga on the beta testing!

Basically anything on my list is up for grabs. However, I am only willing to deal with people with 30+ Feedback and only if I get something to borrow in return....sorry, otherwise its not worth the hassle to me.

Just had a quick thought... Hotshot I know you said you'd like to use xbl to monitor the borrowers use of the game.. Instead of having to befriend every person that you send a game to.. why not just create a Cag GLC gamertag that everyone joins.. much like they do for various games on Cag. This will also add to more accountability as everyone can see the borrowers actions..not just the lender

[quote name='homeland']Just had a quick thought... Hotshot I know you said you'd like to use xbl to monitor the borrowers use of the game.. Instead of having to befriend every person that you send a game to.. why not just create a Cag GLC gamertag that everyone joins.. much like they do for various games on Cag. This will also add to more accountability as everyone can see the borrowers actions..not just the lender[/quote]

You can just look up the borrower's Gamertag on www.xbox.com, I imagine that would be much more efficient than rolling through the Dashboard.

~HotShotX

Hey Hotshot, I'm involved in something similar at Gametz. Im a typically non trading cag but this is worth becoming one for. Could I join as a lender to high ranking cags to build a rep and be able to get in on this? I own about 30 games I could lend, as long as CAGS are willing to provide the cash to send out and by mailers.

[quote name='Manatee']Hey Hotshot, I'm involved in something similar at Gametz. Im a typically non trading cag but this is worth becoming one for. Could I join as a lender to high ranking cags to build a rep and be able to get in on this? I own about 30 games I could lend, as long as CAGS are willing to provide the cash to send out and by mailers.[/quote]

You've been a CAG for over a year, you are allowed to lend to qualified CAGs (15+/100%) during the beta phase. Thanks to you and every lender involved with the program so far.

~HotShotX

Awesome.

Hitman Blood Money
NBA 2K8
NHL 2K7
NHL 2K8
NBA Live 08
NBA Live 07
Monster Madness
Superman Returns
NFS Prostreet
NFS Most Wanted
Condemned
Condemned 2 -- Out to SoulReaver
Blue Dragon
Naruto: Rise of a Ninja -- Out to Carbon James @ GTZ
College Hoops 2K7
Chromehounds -- Out to SoulReaver
Skate.
Prey
Perfect Dark Zero
Timeshift
Blazing Angels 2
Guitar Hero II
Guitar Hero III
Saints Row
The Bigs
Far Cry : Instincts Predator
Beowulf
Conan
GTA IV
The Orange Box -- Out to Peggy Wu
Enchanted Arms
Gears of War
DDR Universe 1
Lego Star Wars II
Splinter Cell: Double Agent
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
Forza Motorsports 2

Send me PM's! I only want people with 20+ feedback till I get a good rep. I expect to be reimbursed for mailer and postage.

My only complaint about the system is paying for postage both ways, and although that is what it should be. Since the lender shouldn't have to pay money to do a service it kind of turns it into a tad cheaper of a rental. You figure going two ways is around $5 for the trip. Rentals @ my video store are about $7, so to make it worthwhile you need to have the game for 2-3 weeks.

I picked up Fable II from GS during the B2G1, but I also bought Fallout 3. As I'll likely be playing Fallout for awhile, I'm willing to loan out my copy of Fable to responsible CAG's. :)

I know the game is considered crap, but hey it will be easy gamerscore and I just got hooked on the show. If anyone has Lost: Via Domus I am looking to borrow it. :D

[quote name='TehMuff1nM4n']I know the game is considered crap, but hey it will be easy gamerscore and I just got hooked on the show. If anyone has Lost: Via Domus I am looking to borrow it. :D[/quote]

You need at least 15+/100% iTrader or better to borrow during the beta phase. Sorry man.

~HotShotX

[quote name='HotShotX']You need at least 15+/100% iTrader or better to borrow during the beta phase. Sorry man.

~HotShotX[/quote]

Two Years on CAG: 10+ iTrader @ 100%

Are you really going to begrudge me 2 weeks?

bread's done
Back