CAG Arcade Stick Thread II: World Warrior

So would the SFIV fight stick be the best choice for someone looking to get there first stick at under $100? Or is there a better option around?

I think its clear the Tekken wireless stick is not to be approached.

[quote name='basilofbkrst']So would the SFIV fight stick be the best choice for someone looking to get there first stick at under $100? Or is there a better option around?

I think its clear the Tekken wireless stick is not to be approached.[/QUOTE]

Tournament Edition stick is the best choice for a stick right now ... and probably for a while. It's usually on sale for ~$100 every once in a while, would this one work?

http://www.amazon.com/BlazBlue-Cont...T008/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1295881366&sr=8-4

Same thing as the SFIV TE, just BlazBlue themed.

[quote name='distgfx']Tournament Edition stick is the best choice for a stick right now ... and probably for a while. It's usually on sale for ~$100 every once in a while, would this one work?

http://www.amazon.com/BlazBlue-Cont...T008/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1295881366&sr=8-4

Same thing as the SFIV TE, just BlazBlue themed.[/QUOTE]

Looks like it should fit into the budget and i have read here and elsewhere good things about the SFIV stick, so if it's the same I'll bite soon. Kind of want to hold out for a sale that doesnt mean buying more than one. We'll see if I can wait.

Thanks a lot.

5,000 limited, estimated to be $159.99 retail, probably exclusive from madcatz/gameshark store only
500x_fighter.jpg

http://kotaku.com/5748871/of-course-theres-a-limited-edition-marvel-vs-capcom-3-arcade-fightstick

[quote name='anathema728']5,000 limited, estimated to be $159.99 retail, probably exclusive from madcatz/gameshark store only
500x_fighter.jpg

http://kotaku.com/5748871/of-course-theres-a-limited-edition-marvel-vs-capcom-3-arcade-fightstick[/QUOTE]

Man that looks like the sweetness.

[quote name='Dudedude82']Does anyone know the difference between the Chun-Li TE-S and the Black TE-S?[/QUOTE]

I would assume there is no difference except for the artwork and color. I know they both use Fully Authentic Sanwa Parts which is a HUGE plus but which is also the reason why these things are priced in the 150 range. I look at the Femme Fatale Stick and i want it even more or i want to have an artist do a KOF ver of it.

[quote name='Dudedude82']How easy would it be to put bezel on a te-s like the black one?[/QUOTE]

Easy, you would just need the right sized artwork to acommpany it. The SSFIV TE 'S' artwork covers the full top panel. So you need the right sized artwork to use a bezel on it.

[quote name='Dudedude82']Does anyone know the difference between the Chun-Li TE-S and the Black TE-S?[/QUOTE]

PS3 or Xbox 360?

The PS3 Chun-Stick vs SSFIV differences...

Chun-Li
+ Licensed by Sony
+ Has player indicator lights
+ Translucent Casing
+ 3D Lenticular artwork
+ SFIV style artwork+bezel combo

The SSFIV one
+ Full top artwork (no bezel)

[quote name='anathema728']which panels? markman just showed off the mortal kombat sticks

mvc3 from gameshark store has like feb 15 date

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXvQd7kxtoo[/QUOTE]

Hmm this makes me waver now. Do i stick with the HAPP stick that comes with the tournament bundle or get a TE and get this

markman- how much are these panels going to cost?

I am thinking of purchasing either the chun li or the SSFIV TE also but this panel would be nice for MK and just looking at the HAPP and its compartment...im afraid it could be bulky. man what a time to miss out on the B2G1

[quote name='anathema728']which panels? markman just showed off the mortal kombat sticks

[/QUOTE]

Did you even watch the video? They are making panels for MK not a stick.

@integralmatic

Just pass on the MK stick unless you are going to mode it. It uses Happ Suzo parts which are worse than ass. If you want to use Happ parts make sure they are they iL brand of Happ.Also a TE will not be able to fit them so you will need another case or have someone like arcadeinabox make one for you.

http://www.arcadeinabox.com

If you want one built ^

http://www.lizardlick.com

^ To make it yourself/mod

[quote name='LostRoad']Did you even watch the video? They are making panels for MK not a stick.

@integralmatic

Just pass on the MK stick unless you are going to mode it. It uses Happ Suzo parts which are worse than ass. If you want to use Happ parts make sure they are they iL brand of Happ.Also a TE will not be able to fit them so you will need another case or have someone like arcadeinabox make one for you.

http://www.arcadeinabox.com

If you want one built ^

http://www.lizardlick.com

^ To make it yourself/mod[/QUOTE]
Thanks markman. Ill switch out the preorder tomorrow. Thanks for the links. Helpful as always :)

I also preordered MK Tournament Edition (nostalgia hit me hard so I caved), and I already own a Rd2 TE. I'm not planning on modding the MK stick but swapping the stick and buttons on that will be cheaper than going with an arcade in a box or TE with a swapped panel. Now if I can get a TE shell + PS3 PCB at a reasonable price then I'll probably switch my preorder but $80 for a decent (though certainly not the best) stick is a decent deal.

Just my $0.02, though I'm certainly no expert.

dan

Seeing that new MK panel really makes me regret passing on the BOGO deal MadCatz was running on the TE :cry: around the holidays.

Panel looks pretty sick.

The previous MvC stick looks better and can be had for less. I think it was released for MvC2, but it only says "Marvel Vs Capcom" on the stick and packaging. It may not have 100% correct roster of the new game, but it's damn nice.

First time modder here with a quick question for replicating a more American feel for my 360 SSF4 TE S edition stick as cheaply as humanly possible: Which is the preferred brand and type of spring(s) I should purchase? Would one or more springs suffice? I plan on switching to a Sanwa bat top and octogate with an extra spring or two for a tighter feel. I'm assuming the number of springs would depend entirely on personal preference but how many could I realistically fit on? I don't want a super restrictive stick just something a lot less looser than the stock.

Just get a Seimitsu LS-40, it has the least throw than all the other sticks. You won't have to worry about springs etc. Also the gate is square but corners are "rounder" than Sanwa square gates.

Currently, I run a Seimitsu LS-40 with battop. And yeah, I don't like Sanwa's as much either. They get loose real fast. Especially the ones on arcade cabs. Feel free to include any sexual innuendo.

As for octagonal gates, I tried it out for a good time but eventually went back to square because of how efficient it is. Besides, octagonal just adds more required throw all around.

[quote name='option.iv']
Currently, I run a Seimitsu LS-40 with battop.[/QUOTE]

So that's your secret. How did you get a Seimitsu into the TE?

Hello all, first time modder here and looking to do some upgrading for my SF4 Mad Catz fight stick.

Im looking for a reliable site that sells buttons that wont stick in along with a stick that fully rotates around and doesn't have the 8 angles? (Hope you guys understand what I mean)

[quote name='Alleran']Hello all, first time modder here and looking to do some upgrading for my SF4 Mad Catz fight stick.

Im looking for a reliable site that sells buttons that wont stick in along with a stick that fully rotates around and doesn't have the 8 angles? (Hope you guys understand what I mean)[/QUOTE]

lizardlick.com

You will want to get "Sanwa" buttons and a JLF with a "circle" gate. "Seimitsu" also provides the same components.

[quote name='j-cart']lizardlick.com

You will want to get "Sanwa" buttons and a JLF with a "circle" gate. "Seimitsu" also provides the same components.[/QUOTE]

I thank you, but seems like a lot is out of stock, anywhere else?

Hello all.

I am looking at 2 sticks as my first purchase but here is the problem: i love shmups AND fighters.

HRAP EX SE
or
MADCATZ TE

I understand that Hori is prefered for shmups and the TE is great to start with fighters.

I really don't know what to do. 8-[

Thanks

[quote name='option.iv']Just get a Seimitsu LS-40, it has the least throw than all the other sticks. You won't have to worry about springs etc. Also the gate is square but corners are "rounder" than Sanwa square gates.

Currently, I run a Seimitsu LS-40 with battop. And yeah, I don't like Sanwa's as much either. They get loose real fast. Especially the ones on arcade cabs. Feel free to include any sexual innuendo.

As for octagonal gates, I tried it out for a good time but eventually went back to square because of how efficient it is. Besides, octagonal just adds more required throw all around.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for such a quick response. I would have replied sooner but apparently I wasn't autosubbed to the thread after I posted. Originally I was taken back by reports of the o-gate creating an even looser feel than what I have now, but I imagine I don't have access to the complete set of tools nor tutorials required for the job.

Of course if a more involved mod will ultimately save me time and money in the long run then I'm all for it. Since you mentioned the inclusion of a different mounting plate may I ask the level of difficulty, parts, and time such a project might entail for a newbie? I can't imagine it's much worse than routine PSP maintenance unless some serious soldering is involved.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Thanks for such a quick response. I would have replied sooner but apparently I wasn't autosubbed to the thread after I posted. Originally I was taken back by reports of the o-gate creating an even looser feel than what I have now, but I imagine I don't have access to the complete set of tools nor tutorials required for the job.

Of course if a more involved mod will ultimately save me time and money in the long run then I'm all for it. Since you mentioned the inclusion of a different mounting plate may I ask the level of difficulty, parts, and time such a project might entail for a newbie? I can't imagine it's much worse than routine PSP maintenance unless some serious soldering is involved.[/QUOTE]
For the TE and installing parts, all you need is a screw driver, hex screw (i believe 3mm? someone verify), angled needle nose pliers for quick disconnects and some patience. The extra plate you need is easy to install and just requires a screwdriver.

Warning, the Seimitsu sticks do not have octo gates as far as I know. You'll have to fabricate it on your own or look for someone who makes them custom. But honestly the default gate is great, considering it's rounded square feel.

If you want the LS-40 (least throw of all the sticks), you'll want the version with the PCB commonly listed as LS-40-01 (01 series includes pcb for 5 pin connector) and the "SS" mounting plate to get the proper height. You can just go with the default plate included with the LS-40-01, but it'll be seated real low. The Sanwa and Seimitsu ball tops are interchangeable, and if you ever desire bat top, they are compatible as well and come with the appropriate adapter.

I'm not sure who else can attest to the LS-40, but I kow for sure Chacrana has tried them out, and I'm sure Markman has a dozen or two sticks with em.

[quote name='chunlirocks']Hello all.

I am looking at 2 sticks as my first purchase but here is the problem: i love shmups AND fighters.

HRAP EX SE
or
MADCATZ TE

I understand that Hori is prefered for shmups and the TE is great to start with fighters.

I really don't know what to do. 8-[

Thanks[/QUOTE]
Overall, I prefer the Seimitsu sticks to Sanwa, because of the less throw feel. However I like Sanwa buttons much more than Seimitsu. Seimitsu buttons feel "muddy" and are slightly harder to engage than Sanwa which require merely a feather to drop on them to engage. Fans of schmups like Seimitsu because they don't want to accidentally fire off bombs so the little muddy resistance helps. Honestly though, I find it easy to not accidentally press Sanwa buttons.

Also take a look at your technique. Do you rest your fingers on buttons a lot and find yourself engaging buttons when you dont want to? Or do you hover you fingers over them and/or rest the butt of your palm on the area beneath the buttons?

edit: Here's a little chart covering the different stick stats.

chart.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Perfect. Thanks for all your help Option. Next time I get paid I'll start ordering parts and crack this bad boy open for a proper face lift. If all goes according to plan I think I'll move onto something a bit more aesthetic (new art).

Man, I really want that PDP fighter pad with the microswitched-stick. But it's so ugly. I hope they make a plain version.

[quote name='option.iv']
Warning, the Seimitsu sticks do not have octo gates as far as I know. You'll have to fabricate it on your own or look for someone who makes them custom. But honestly the default gate is great, considering it's rounded square feel.

I'm not sure who else can attest to the LS-40, but I kow for sure Chacrana has tried them out, and I'm sure Markman has a dozen or two sticks with em.
[/QUOTE]

The LS-33, 55 and 56 have an octo gate (same gate can be used on all three). The LS-32 has a circular gate (I think the LS-40 can also use it, but don't quote me).

I currently have a LS-40-01 installed on a customized stick (I don't ever recall seeing or reading any commercially available stick that has one installed). The throw and engage are short...shorter than the LS-32 and the thing has a shaft cover, unlike the LS-32...no worries about rust over time. The LS-32 is still a great stick though.

Supposedly the LS-56 has a shorter engage and throw even though the slagcoin diagram says otherwise...this was mentioned to me at SRK. I have yet to get ahold of one, but I want to to replace the JLF in my Arcana Heart stick.

[quote name='chunlirocks']Hello all.

HRAP EX SE
or
MADCATZ TE
[/QUOTE]

I would get the HRAP EX-SE since it already has a Seimitsu LS-32 which is great for shmups and good for fighters too (I've read that some SFIII [forgot which revision] cabs in Japan came with LS-32 sticks). The seimitsu buttons are really nice, but they aren't as sensitive as sanwa.

madcatzmkpanelh02.png

moz-screenshot-2.png
madcatzmkpanelh02.png

moz-screenshot-2.png
madcatzmkpanelh01.png

PRE-ORDER: Combat FightStick: Ultimate Edition Replacement Panel for TE FightSticks

You can now preorder the Combat Fightstick: Ultimate Edition replacement top panels for all Mad Catz Tournament Edition FightSticks! The item is available exclusively on the GameShark store and can be ordered via this link below:

Arcade Sticks Parts - GameShark� Store

Shipping 3/7/2011

With the Mad Catz Combat FightStick Ultimate Edition Top Panel, you can experience the bloody goodness of your favorite old school fighting games with this ergonomic new take on a classic arcade fighting game layout! Original artwork adorns the metal top panel and houses all existing parts that are compatible with the current Tournament Edition Arcade FightSticks. Prepare for hours of flawless victories as you finish your opponents!

Note: Opening your Mad Catz FightStick will void your warranty. Mad Catz will not warranty your FightStick/FightStick TE if damaged using these parts.

• Includes top metal panel and replacement artwork
  • Compatible with all Mad Catz Tournament Edition FightSticks

Dudedude82, probably not for awhile.

You get 10% off if you sign up for the GameShark newsletter. I have a free shipping code too. (You can only use one code at a time)...

[quote name='MarkMan']Dudedude82, probably not for awhile.

You get 10% off if you sign up for the GameShark newsletter. I have a free shipping code too. (You can only use one code at a time)...[/QUOTE]

I signed up for the newsletter earlier today and I didn't get the 10% off coupon. Is that promotion over already?

[quote name='Jiggaloj']I signed up for the newsletter earlier today and I didn't get the 10% off coupon. Is that promotion over already?[/QUOTE]

Sometimes it can take a while for you to receive it. By a while, I mean days ... at least.

So is there anyway to fix my te stick if the lower left nut that the bolt is meant to screw into has some how fallen out of place? Can I glue the nut back in from the bottom or something? It's far from a major issue play wise, but it bothers me that that edge bulges up a tiny bit with out that screw holding.

[quote name='TheUnsane1']So is there anyway to fix my te stick if the lower left nut that the bolt is meant to screw into has some how fallen out of place? Can I glue the nut back in from the bottom or something? It's far from a major issue play wise, but it bothers me that that edge bulges up a tiny bit with out that screw holding.[/QUOTE]

Buy a new screw? I replaced the allen screws a long time ago on my TE.

Would also like to point out that I am now a new owner of a TE-S stick. I really dig the TE-S style, is there any reason they went away from it for RD2?

Plan to dual mod one of the sticks and change the art. Hopefully I will have it done in the next couple of weeks.

[quote name='j-cart']Buy a new screw? I replaced the allen screws a long time ago on my TE.

Would also like to point out that I am now a new owner of a TE-S stick. I really dig the TE-S style, is there any reason they went away from it for RD2?

Plan to dual mod one of the sticks and change the art. Hopefully I will have it done in the next couple of weeks.[/QUOTE]

The round 2 TE(if thats what you meant) came out before the TE-S.

[quote name='j-cart']Buy a new screw? I replaced the allen screws a long time ago on my TE.

Plan to dual mod one of the sticks and change the art. Hopefully I will have it done in the next couple of weeks.[/QUOTE]

I have the screw it's fine, when I unscrewed the panel I heard something fall when I pulled the bolt out. Shaking the stick around I found the nut that the screw is intended to go into was loose in the case. So now the screw just floats freely and doesn't hold down the panel.

[quote name='TheUnsane1']I have the screw it's fine, when I unscrewed the panel I heard something fall when I pulled the bolt out. Shaking the stick around I found the nut that the screw is intended to go into was loose in the case. So now the screw just floats freely and doesn't hold down the panel.[/QUOTE]

Pictures would help.

I didn't know the RD2 came before the TE-S. Though the new MvC3 sticks are not the slim bodies either.

I got it fixed today. Seems that the top panel on the te sticks screw into nuts that are glued into the bottom of the plastic with the red goo. I got the nut back in place with angled needle nosed pliers and was able to screw the bolt back into it. I was worried the panel would warp since the stick puts stress on the panel on that side.

Are any of you guys good with Photoshop or GIMP or anything and willing to lend a hand? This is as far as I got with my stick template...

zpguc.jpg

before being out of my league... what I want are the symbols (minus the shadaloo skull) seen on the back of this shirt
Bosozoku-Back.jpg

in white across the top of the stick (centered between the turbo and wing of the Shadaloo symbol). I want the symbols left to right instead of up to down.

If you can help, it'd be greatly appreciated. Please PM me if you can.

How is the Pelican arcade stick for PS2 on Wii and PS3? I might have to use that for awhile. Are the buttons and stick easy to replace? I got it on clearance a few years ago.

bread's done
Back