CAG Arcade Stick Thread II: World Warrior

This is the cleanest I could get the shadaloo skull with what I could find with google(and not dropping a ton of time).
tetemp.png

Pm me the file you were using if you want me to swap the skull out. I think the text worked out pretty well at least.

Hey first time posting in this thread!

Got a bit of a problem, I have a Round 2 SSFIV TE Stick, and I noticed recently while playing MVC3 that my RT button was no longer working, is there an easy fix for this? if not I was considering on modding it, and I noticed while looking at markman links that some of the links on the SRK forums aren't working, and if someone can guide me to a beginners guide for the Madcatz TE and templates for it?

Looking at all the links and the tech talk sections overwhelmed me and Im a bit lost as to where to start, any help would be appreciated.

I also have a problem with my madcatz fightpad, the D-pad seems to have deteriorated greatly, the motions have become sluggish and just a pain in the thumb to use. Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks!

[quote name='MarkMan']Which Pelican stick? The Real Arcade one with clone Happ/US style parts?[/QUOTE]

Yep, it's that one, but I tried it with the Wii and it won't recognize it as a GC controller, but it powers it because the mode light goes on.

It won't work at all with the PS3 when I use a converter. It won't even send power to it. My Saturn style Akuma pad works fine though.

Looking for an opinion, I plan to create a stick based on this template
AdvantageFightstick360.png

Based on the idea that I'm trying to mimic the old NES Advantage stick I'm wondering if you'd put red/red buttons or red/black buttons. Also I'm wondering if you'd go with all 8 buttons the same or change it up. And one last question, red or vermilion based on the Lizard Lick color scale?

Hi, I got a question...
Amazon sells a lot of TE Fight Sticks (SFIV, SSFIV, Blaz Blue, etc)...
So when does the Marvel vs Capcom 3 TE Fight Stick will be sold there? Any time soon?
I have a lot of credit there so I don´t wanna buy it from madcatz store :D

I just got my Chun TE-S and i have a couple problems. The first is that one of the edges are uneven the other is that 2 of my buttons are loose. I usually have no problems with the Madcatz TE's since all my others are perfect. I am just wondering if there is anything i can do to fix my stick.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention!

We're selling a bundle with 6 buttons ($50), so you save money ($5) opposed to getting the buttons individually. Check it:

PC61006BNDL.jpg

*Yes I know they aren't black, they're DH.

http://store.gameshark.com/listCategoriesAndProducts.asp?idCategory=328

[quote name='Dudedude82']I just got my Chun TE-S and i have a couple problems. The first is that one of the edges are uneven the other is that 2 of my buttons are loose. I usually have no problems with the Madcatz TE's since all my others are perfect. I am just wondering if there is anything i can do to fix my stick.[/QUOTE]

Which edges are uneven? And how are the buttons loose? Are they not popped in all the way?

Markman, the edges around the headphone jack and the buttons i try to push in all the way but they still come back up.

^ Pictures would help, I think it's just the wires pushing up against the top metal panel but I need to see for sure.

It should be an easy fix.

SAM_0414.jpg

What does one need to do to cover this up? There was a very annoying sticker on it so I tried using goo gone and some of the finish went with it. Thanks!

Sorry I have a ton of unread PMs. I'll try to get to it today.

Just so everyone knows, our current promo ends today.

15% off EVERYTHING at the GameShark store - http://store.gameshark.com

Use coupon code 'FINALROUND' !

It is good towards everything except MVC3 TEs, WWE All Stars stuff, and Cyborg R.A.T. stuff. So you can still get a hefty discount on stuff like:

- All in stock Tournament Edition FightSticks
- Sanwa JLF Sticks
- Sanwa OBSF-30/24 buttons
- TE Bezels and dust/shaft cover sets
- Team Mad Catz shirts
- TRITTON Gaming Headsets
- + EVERYTHING ELSE!

Ends today at midnight (PST)...

Hey all, I think this is my first time posting in here since I got a PS3.

Can anyone direct me to a good PS2 to PS3 controller adapter? I figured if anyone would be knowledgeable on the subject, it'd be the CAG Arcade Stick thread. Right now I've got a dual stick made from the guts of PS1 dual shocks, and it would be nice to be able to use it on PS3. I'd also like to use a couple of old controllers for players 5 and 6 in the X-men arcade game for PSN. Will pretty much any adapter do or are there ones I should specifically avoid?

[quote name='BustaUppa']Hey all, I think this is my first time posting in here since I got a PS3.

Can anyone direct me to a good PS2 to PS3 controller adapter? I figured if anyone would be knowledgeable on the subject, it'd be the CAG Arcade Stick thread. Right now I've got a dual stick made from the guts of PS1 dual shocks, and it would be nice to be able to use it on PS3. I'd also like to use a couple of old controllers for players 5 and 6 in the X-men arcade game for PSN. Will pretty much any adapter do or are there ones I should specifically avoid?[/QUOTE]

Here is a link i found through SDTekken
http://www.sourcingmap.com/ps2-ps3-controller-converter-adapter-for-sony-playstation-ps3-p-6439.html

SDTekken article regarding Adapters.
http://sdtekken.com/tech-area/converters/ps2ps3-converter/

dont know if there are any you should avoid but wasn't there an update that negated like 75% of 3rd part peripherals?

I also wanted a white shaft cover but couldn't find one anywhere but the madcatz store. I did order one during one of their sales @ 25% off after giving up on finding one elsewhere.

Just ordered my first fightstick (its the Chun Li TE), first arcade stick since NES advantage ^^. One question though, how limited is the Chun Li stick? It was released early September 2011 and I heard people getting 2086/2000? Hopefully it doesn't fall in value in case I want something shinier in the near future.

So i got my MK TE. Its not that bad....but im thinking going IL parts on it.....but i also hear IL is identical to happ. if this is true, ill keep the set up but if not..ill order it immediately. Anyone know the difference?

IL is NOT identical to happ. Especially current happ.

Change it out.

Also, even then, IL still pales in comparison to Japanese parts.

I wish the PDP stick used the exact spacing from stick to buttons like the dedicated MK cabs, oh well. gotta get used to it.

I believe I will put some classic Happ parts into my MK TE stick when it comes this week. I have a comp stick and buttons from back when Happ was still all cool, before they went downhill.

A little help here. I really need to get a stick for MK9 (I do play other fighters as well). I am a severly budget gamer, so $150 is way out of my price range (but totally on my wish list.) What are some good sub $100 sticks out there for the 360?

Also, is the Tekken one pretty good? I can get that bundled with the game on Amazon pretty cheap.

Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks!

[quote name='MarkMan']IL is NOT identical to happ. Especially current happ.

Change it out.

Also, even then, IL still pales in comparison to Japanese parts.

I wish the PDP stick used the exact spacing from stick to buttons like the dedicated MK cabs, oh well. gotta get used to it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the clarification Markman! Man I kinda regret getting the stick now. Should have just went with the combat stick from you guys. :/

[quote name='WormFOODx']A little help here. I really need to get a stick for MK9 (I do play other fighters as well). I am a severly budget gamer, so $150 is way out of my price range (but totally on my wish list.) What are some good sub $100 sticks out there for the 360?

Also, is the Tekken one pretty good? I can get that bundled with the game on Amazon pretty cheap.

Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Tekken Stick i hear stinks........i dont know what you could get sub 100 dollars.....if you are lucky you can try craigslist or ebay for a TE stick and just buy the bezel that Madcatz sells to get the right placement...otherwise...i have no idea.

My IL Eurostick and Happ heavy spring came today from Lizard Lick but I haven't had time to put them in. Hopefully I'll get some time before the weekend.

I just got that stick. Swapped out the buttons and stick easily. It's a little different in that you only have to remove the bottom panel to mod it.

The main difference between v3/vx and the TE is the weight (lighter), start/select button placement, and space under buttons. I myself prefer the lighter stick and don't care for space under the buttons or select/start button placement.

[quote name='chickenbutt']I was thinking about getting one of those. Is it really simple to change the stuff like the TE?[/QUOTE]

There's no reason to swap anything out unless you don't like Sanwa parts.

[quote name='Halo05']There's no reason to swap anything out unless you don't like Sanwa parts.[/QUOTE]

I was mainly thinking about changing the art on it, but nevermind. Do these ever go on sale like the TEs?

does anyone have any recommendations on a bag I could use for a Hori Premium VLX. I took it to my first tourney and holding on to that for a while is a bitch. I really don't like the Hori bag either so I honestly may be out of luck finding something else, but I was just wondering if someone had the same stick and seeing what they used to tote it around.

I just finished putting my IL Eurostick and Happ heavy spring into my TE. I haven't played yet, but there is a HUGE difference in the feel of the stick. Also, reassembling the joystick with the heavy spring is a pain in the arse. I needed an extra arm and had to tear wifey away from Royal wedding coverage.

[quote name='hpbbes']I just finished putting my IL Eurostick and Happ heavy spring into my TE. I haven't played yet, but there is a HUGE difference in the feel of the stick. Also, reassembling the joystick with the heavy spring is a pain in the arse. I needed an extra arm and had to tear wifey away from Royal wedding coverage.[/QUOTE]

i would love to hear how it plays. I still have yet to order my stick and buttons. after using the TE extensively, the happ parts are terrible. Markman, you weren't kiddng!

I played last night for a bit with the new setup. I love it. Definitely worth the $12 + shipping. I had no issues with hitting diagonals unlike the stock stick and the increased stiffness is great. I actually played with SF TE afterward and noted how comparatively loose it was.

I ordered some white IL parts for my MK stick.

I still prefer Japanese parts (I'm using this for PowerUp this weekend)...

---

ALSO!

Just a heads up guys. This is ending, END OF DAY Monday!

20% off is only available on the remaining inventory of PS3 TE FightSticks!

Don't forget we also have B1G1 on TVC (Wii) FightSticks!

This will be the last promo for awhile so don't miss out!

- http://store.gameshark.com/springsale/

Hi guys,

arthong at Tek-Innovations just put up a new item on his site for the Combat FightStick: Ultimate Edition top panel for TE FightSticks. Check out the links:

So if you guys are looking to get a panel now and want to customize it further. Jump in.

bread's done
Back