CAG Arcade Stick Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if anyone cares about the button layout on PC/PS3 for the Sega Saturn USB control pad...

2832578254_849b34d704_o.jpg

RR: Nice!

Guys picking out sticks is akin to girls getting their nails done/buying shoes.

I'm so gay for arcade sticks...

;)

no homo

One of my friends at school was talking about how he got a Soulcalibur IV stick despite not owning SCIV or any fighting game on the PS3 yet. That didn't make any sense to me, but I was impressed that he got the proper hardware for it.

Of course, we were in public and he was asking questions about the arcade stick stuff, fighting games on the PS3, and I was just hoping he'd keep it down coz I try to keep that nerd shit on the DL. Crazy kook!

I guess this is irrelevant. Oh well, I typed it, so I'll post it.

:lol: at being embarrassed about nerdism. it's ur life don't live it in the closet... er... whatever.

going to bed now... tired as bitch mother tit leg.

I decided if I get a stick, I'm making my own damn designs on the thing.

come out of the closet chac, you know you want to

talk about balltops and stick shafts in public, no need to keep it down

Dude, I totally would, but having convos about games outside with non-gaming people walkin' around is just weird... and it always has been. I dunno, I don' like that shit. Like, people might not say anything, but I know they're probably thinking "wow, y'know, that guy coulda been legit, but now he's kinda a dong." And like if you go into like... the games section or the anime section at Best Buy, you'll almost invariably see "that guy," who is wearing gigantic sweat pants, has unkempt hair, and clearly has not bathed since his mother needed to assist him. I don't wanna become "that guy" which is why I feel like I can't come out of that closet. I'm fine with being in the closet though, because I happen to actually have a lotta gaming shit in there including my arcade stick, Dreamcast ,SNES... y'know, the good stuff. So... that's kewl.

All good.

I keep it gangsta, if a mafucka try to look at me he'll die. In other arcade stick news... I finally opened up my HRAP Amazon Edition, shit is fiyah. Looks very nice in person.

[quote name='MarkMan']All good.

I keep it gangsta, if a mafucka try to look at me he'll die. [/QUOTE]

It's probably true. That pic of you in the Hooters trivia contest... yeah, I'm still scared as shit of you. Crazy intimidating. I'm probably intimidating with a scowl, but I can't scowl when I talk about games, unless it's the current gen I'm talking about.

[quote name='Chacrana']Dude, I totally would, but having convos about games outside with non-gaming people walkin' around is just weird... and it always has been. I dunno, I don' like that shit. Like, people might not say anything, but I know they're probably thinking "wow, y'know, that guy coulda been legit, but now he's kinda a dong." And like if you go into like... the games section or the anime section at Best Buy, you'll almost invariably see "that guy," who is wearing gigantic sweat pants, has unkempt hair, and clearly has not bathed since his mother needed to assist him. I don't wanna become "that guy" which is why I feel like I can't come out of that closet. I'm fine with being in the closet though, because I happen to actually have a lotta gaming shit in there including my arcade stick, Dreamcast ,SNES... y'know, the good stuff. So... that's kewl.[/quote]

I'm the same way. I hate it when this completely insanely nerdy kid that smells in my Biology class tries to talk to me about how much he hates his wii and how good he is in team fortress because he knows I'm a big gamer.

Aaaaaanyways, I want to get a stick, and the wonderful MM told me to come here.
I really only want to spend like 50 bucks. I was thinking about going with a PS2 stick and getting an adapter for the tripple so I didn't have to go use the family's 80 gig in the living room if I wanted to play a PS2 fighting game (yes, we have 2 ps3's), but if that will end up costing me a lot more than just getting something like the Sc4 stick I don't want to do it.

I also have a 360, but I think I'd rather get one for the tripple since I already have SC4 for it.

All sticks work on the PC right? I want to learn Street Fighter on GGPO.

[quote name='DarthPuma']I'm the same way. I hate it when this completely insanely nerdy kid that smells in my Biology class tries to talk to me about how much he hates his wii and how good he is in team fortress because he knows I'm a big gamer.

Aaaaaanyways, I want to get a stick, and the wonderful MM told me to come here.
I really only want to spend like 50 bucks. I was thinking about going with a PS2 stick and getting an adapter for the tripple so I didn't have to go use the family's 80 gig in the living room if I wanted to play a PS2 fighting game (yes, we have 2 ps3's), but if that will end up costing me a lot more than just getting something like the Sc4 stick I don't want to do it.

I also have a 360, but I think I'd rather get one for the tripple since I already have SC4 for it.

All sticks work on the PC right? I want to learn Street Fighter on GGPO.[/QUOTE]

If you can find the Tekken stick on Ebay for cheap, that's a good choice. I don't think it should be that expensive, either.

Read the bottom of the review, I've updated it. He's the only one I know that can get them so far. Not available online yet ;(

I'm guessing this may have been posted before, but didn't feel like scrolling through 20+ pages for a quick laugh.

806741.1.jpg

PS - Mods - If this doesn't belong here, please move it

[quote name='Tribblewars']
PS - Mods - If this doesn't belong here, please move it[/QUOTE]

Jeez, quit tryin' to get everybody to move your joystick around. This is a family site.

[quote name='MarkMan']Read the bottom of the review, I've updated it. He's the only one I know that can get them so far. Not available online yet ;([/quote]

I think that's a little too underground for me. A single guy from some forum. I think I'll wait to get one. Thanks for the info, though.

If it helps any, everyone who has dealt with him via contacting him has been more than satisfied. Unless some store miraculously decides to carry these (they've been out for more than a year), then you'll be SOL ;(

Just remember if you want one quickly/fair price. Contact laugh.

dear markman,

thanks for recommending a new converter. it is fairly cheap at $27 shipped. i ordered one this morning.

signed,
your lover

ps. i suck at soul calibur

Well I got that Pelican adapter pawned off successfully. Perhaps just in time, if the new converter is quality. Still gotta take care of that arcade stick, but for now, I'm just buying games and more games.

[quote name='dragonjud']I think that's a little too underground for me. A single guy from some forum. I think I'll wait to get one. Thanks for the info, though.[/QUOTE]

Messaging guy... So tough!.... Keyboard keys... can barely touch.... sleepy.... z....

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']guess what?

0909080011.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Straight from the GameStop Expo 2008 in Las Vegas, here are some shots of Mad Catz's official line of Street Fighter IV controllers. They come in three different flavors - the decorated gamepad version for $39.99 (meh), the definitely-a-console-accessory stick for $69.99 (hmmm), and the ripped-directly-from-the-cabinet premium arcade stick for $139.99 (tissue please). Shin-RoTeNdO from Shoryuken got to play on one of the premiums, and reports that it feels just like the arcade sticks, with "some other cool features" he wouldn't mention. Damn stick-tease.

http://kotaku.com/5049022/mad-catz-street-fighter-iv-sticks-under-glass

MarkMan....would you care to comment?

Believe it or not, I'm gonna pass up the HRAP3 for the arcade-tier MadCatz SFIV stick.

Holy crap, I never thought I'd ever say that (no offense MM). :p

As long as the quality is final, I'm definately in for one of the premium 360 versions. If nothing else it'll be awesome for XBLA games that suck with the pad (Golden Axe, TMNT, Streets of Rage 2, everything else because the 360 pad sucks ding dongs).

[quote name='Halo05']As long as the quality is final, I'm definately in for one of the premium 360 versions. If nothing else it'll be awesome for XBLA games that suck with the pad (Golden Axe, TMNT, Streets of Rage 2, everything else because the 360 pad sucks ding dongs).[/quote]

Where have you seen this? I never knew of this feature!

As for the subject on hand, this is all I have to say:

The Good:

The Bad:

& The Ugly:

It's actually not that ugly, it just went along with the theme :lol:

Oh yea, because I care about you guys I designed it so you can set it to both digital and analog if you want to use your precious XBLA titles on it. So it isn't digital only.

[quote name='MarkMan']Oh yea, because I care about you guys I designed it so you can set it to both digital and analog if you want to use your precious XBLA titles on it. So it isn't digital only.[/QUOTE]

I love you, Markman. I don't mean that in a gay way, but I guess if you want me to, well... that's cool, too.

I'm totally gonna buy one of these sticks. I'm becoming just as bad as the Mayng himself. :lol:

[quote name='SmallWind']:whee:

EDIT: Hey MM, will the sticks have a bracket to fit a LS-32, when it's final?[/quote]

I wish I could comment on everything, but the stick will be the BEST stock stick ever and will/should satisfy everyone.

:)

:) :) :)

Any preliminary thoughts on this stick vs. the HRAP3 and VSHG? Putting all bias aside, of course... since you did work on it and all :)

I already swapped in sanwa buttons into my HRAP3 and I have the VSHG as well, so I don't know if I'd need another stick... but it does look really nice.

Won't that screw at the bottom of the premium's faceplate be a wrist cutter risk? What about 5 screws and a tab/slot like on the battery door of TV remotes?

The screws will be different, we're going to have something similar to HRAP2 SA the allen wrench styled ones that are smooth.

Remember everything is tentative.

That's good. I have some issues with the stick(mostly the $130 price, JPN styled buttons) but I am considering picking it up. You really have put together one damn good looking stick. You should be proud man!

I take it this SF stick is going to be a lot better then the EX-2? At times unless it is just mine it does not seem like it responds well at all. As of now I think I'm going to be forced to pick one up anyway just due to that artwork. MM is their a big difference in the one that is $69.99 and the one that is $139.99 other then art work?

Very nice looking stick, mm. I may end up buying one despite my recent HRAP3 purchase. I love the HRAP3 very much but the look of the SFIV stick may persuade me, depending on the parts inside. I have considered buying it for my wife but having one arcade stick snob in the house is enough. Maybe I should not encourage that sort of behavior in her.

Question for Markman (or anyone) I have the Soul Calibur 4 PS3 stick, which I like using because it fits comfortably in my lap, and I can use it on my computer for GGPO, 2dFighter, MAME, etc. Is that stick moddable, and if so, where can I find parts/tutorials on how to do so? Sorry if this has been asked already before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back