CAG Arcade Stick Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='BustaUppa']any of you custom stick users have the wireless 360 headset? I'm thinking of picking one up. Is the ear clip a pain in the ass if you're wearing glasses? Is there an easily accessible volume adjuster? Can I still mute myself so the other guy doesn't just hear me breathing the whole time?[/QUOTE]

I wear glasses and it doesn't bother me at all. It's comfortable and easy to put on or take off. You tap the power button to mute or unmute, and hold it to power on or off. Volume up and down buttons are located above and below the power button. The headset charges through USB. I highly recommend it.

[quote name='BustaUppa']sweet, thanks for the impressions eastx![/QUOTE]

Seconded. I've been wanting to get a wireless headset, and now that my wired one is broken, I might invest in one. I like to party chat on XBL a lot, so it would be pretty sweet for that too.

What's the range on it?

[quote name='hankmecrankme']
What's the range on it?[/QUOTE]

I think it's the same as the wireless controllers. I sit at the end of my room and never have issues. Walking out of my room, it loses its signal at the same place that my controllers do.

[quote name='eastx']I think it's the same as the wireless controllers. I sit at the end of my room and never have issues. Walking out of my room, it loses its signal at the same place that my controllers do.[/QUOTE]

Sweet. I've taken my wireless controller upstairs from my friend's basement, and never lost signal. So that's a good thing.

How's the voice/sound quality?

[quote name='hankmecrankme']
How's the voice/sound quality?[/QUOTE]

It seems to be the same as the official wired headsets. If I thought it didn't sound right, I wouldn't recommend it, right?

So instead let's ask, do I have any complaints? Well, the initial syncing with the console can be difficult for some people as it sometimes assigns itself to controller 2 instead of 1, but mess with it a little and you'll get it right. Also the USB charging cable is proprietary, so don't lose it or you can't charge it.

Here are some more pics of the Captain America stick per request...Im going to put a wireless 360 in there...Buttons are now convex...

http://pic19.picturetrail.com/VOL1102/3826519/21504462/353823802.jpg
http://pic19.picturetrail.com/VOL1102/3826519/21504462/353823813.jpg
http://pic19.picturetrail.com/VOL1102/3826519/21504462/353823817.jpg
http://pic19.picturetrail.com/VOL1102/3826519/21504462/353823822.jpg
view

Sweeeet.

This is for Cammy fans everwhere. I think I'm going with pure white buttons and a white ball top.

Full version is 3375 x 2175.

[quote name='Jest']Sweeeet.

This is for Cammy fans everwhere. I think I'm going with pure white buttons and a white ball top.
[/quote]You can get clear buttons and put art in them.

I do, but from the little time I've spent in arcades I crave that american style feel, mainly in the joystick. I'm really hating the square gate, and I like the tightness of the american style.

perhaps a circular gate would be worth checking too? I could see even an octagonal gate throwing someone off with its corners (albeit less-sharp corners).

[quote name='DarthPuma']I wish I could trade my HRAP3 for a MAS stick. I'll just buy one this summer.[/quote]

If you want you can buy my SFIV AE stick :)
352316834.jpg

This has all Happ parts just like old school arcades. I change the color buttons to black instead white now. The stickart was created by me so no one else but me has this, so its unique. It was my first time doing photoshop but i think it turned out ok...I have the original SFAC art that came with it if you want that instead...

To me the SFAC is the best case out there, its big & the height is perfect for the way i play my games...Sitting on the floor or using a table...Let me know if you're interested or anyone else...

I successfully completed my mod. I had to completely disassemble the HRAP3 including removing the stick. All in all, I'm very happy with this. It looks like it's factory made.

4514-120767-IMGP0064JPG-468x.jpg

[quote name='nil']I successfully completed my mod. I had to completely disassemble the HRAP3 including removing the stick. All in all, I'm very happy with this. It looks like it's factory made.

4514-120767-IMGP0064JPG-468x.jpg
[/quote]
Man that is awesome!

So does anyone know the actual release date of the SFIV tournament edition sticks? I've got two reserved, and I want to make sure I pick them up day of release so that they aren't potentially sold to walk up customers. Is it still set to ship on the 10th?

people elsewhere have gotten their TE sticks they pre-ordered at gamestop.com w/ overnight

my amazon order still shows the 24th w/ one day ship

I wonder if anyone here or at SRK that is close to Denjin Arcade would be willing to mod any of the current sticks I have? I really don't want to ship my sticks anywhere and I figure someone around that area could get the job done.

So after going through many hurdles and setbacks I finally got my HRAP2 SA in yesterday ... and I don't like it much ;___;. I need to get an octagonal gate and test more then, but me and everyone I played w/ last night was having problems pulling off all kinds of moves reliably w/ it from hadoken/shoryukens to KoF style DMs (most likely because none of us could use the square gate well). I took off the gate and (for now, until I get the octagonal gate) tapped the pcb to keep it in place and it played much better but still will take a LOT of adjustment to get used to. I'm starting to worry if buying the TE and the MC Cthulhu will turn out to be a waste of $ for me if I can't adapt >_

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back