CAG Arcade Stick Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='BustaUppa']he not a player
he just crush a lot[/QUOTE]

You know it. ;) Floods can have his skanks. I gots mah HDR game. I wouldn't trade that for the ability to sweet talk the fatties. I know he has a crush fetish.

Yeah i just got a new xbox 360...Cant wait to play HD Remix...Im going to hook this up to my arcade cabinet using my old school arcade panel until i get my TE stick...So who are the top players i should look for?

264941624.jpg

[quote name='rcaido']Yeah i just got a new xbox 360...Cant wait to play HD Remix...Im going to hook this up to my arcade cabinet using my old school arcade panel until i get my TE stick...So who are the top players i should look for?

264941624.jpg
[/quote]

LOL...

If you think that you will be able to hook up your 360 to the original arcade monitor in that cab you can not because you will need a high-res monitor that displays 640x480 resolution UNLESS thats a Damn TV in that woodie?

I got my Street Fighter IV Hori (PS3) today too!

Very disappointing!

Nice box though... I can only think of one box that might be better ;)

Here are my pics...

3266866967_52f5e1721e.jpg

3267690528_5bd7cb678d.jpg

3266865401_635038208d.jpg

3266864987_15a496cf33.jpg

3267688720_ffb83d2cd9.jpg

If anyone is wondering, here are the insides of the SFIV Hori stick (thanks to Yes Boss!):

P1000048.jpg

That internal shot looks just like an ex2 with a different stick.

On another note. Where can I buy a mesh top? Is lizard lick out of stock or do they just not sell them.

Doesn't akihabarashop.com still have mesh tops available? I thought it was a limited sorta thing, which is why licking your lizard may not do you any good.

Did Hori ghetto up that pcb? Doesn't look fun to mod anymore.

Actually, real question: my friend got a HRAP EX (the one that just came out in the US) - that has the quick disconnects in it, right?

[quote name='Chacrana']Doesn't akihabarashop.com still have mesh tops available? I thought it was a limited sorta thing, which is why licking your lizard may not do you any good.

Did Hori ghetto up that pcb? Doesn't look fun to mod anymore.

Actually, real question: my friend got a HRAP EX (the one that just came out in the US) - that has the quick disconnects in it, right?[/quote]

Akihabara Shop mesh balls were an exclusive to them/limited as well. Per still has some left though.

Hori did ghetto up the PCB, they went BACKWARDS! NOOO!

And HRAP EX does have QD on the buttons, not the stick.

[quote name='dmaul1114']I don't care what anyone else thinks about it, I think they're just tacky looking.

Oh well, I probably wouldn't use it enough to justify the $40.[/QUOTE]

Everything you said in this post is wrong. You call yourself a fighting game fan?

I have a question about the SFIV Standard Fight Stick: Will the stick be easy to replace? I'm thinking about buying one and upgrading it to all Sanwa buttons and stick. I already have a "full-sized" stick - an HRAP3 modded with all Sanwa parts. I need a smaller stick because the full-sized stick is uncomfortable to use in my new comfy chair.

God tier comfy chair:
chair-1.jpg

[quote name='PhrostByte']That's not Akuma that's Gouki from Dragon Ballz.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure you're messing with me, but I can't tell for sure since I don't have the first clue about anything dragon ball z related. hahahaha

[quote name='DarthPuma']I too, have a question about the SE stick. Can I fit happ shit in there? If so consider my HRAP sold.[/quote]Nope.

[quote name='nil']I have a question about the SFIV Standard Fight Stick: Will the stick be easy to replace? I'm thinking about buying one and upgrading it to all Sanwa buttons and stick. I already have a "full-sized" stick - an HRAP3 modded with all Sanwa parts. I need a smaller stick because the full-sized stick is uncomfortable to use in my new comfy chair.

God tier comfy chair:
chair-1.jpg
[/quote]
Yes, it should be easy to replace. That is what everyone is saying.

[quote name='DarthPuma']I too, have a question about the SE stick. Can I fit happ shit in there? If so consider my HRAP sold.[/quote]
No, the buttons and the joystick would stick out of the bottom before you closed it back up.

Now I have a different question, will Seimitsu PS-15 buttons fit well inside the Hori EX2?

[quote name='MarkMan']Akihabara Shop mesh balls were an exclusive to them/limited as well. Per still has some left though.[/quote]

Any advantage to using a mesh top? My palms can get a little sweaty during heated matches, so if it can make the ball top less slippery, I'm all for it.

The top metal panel for the TE and SE is the same.

---

[quote name='OtakuFerret']Any advantage to using a mesh top?[/quote]No, it's just for looks.

[quote name='eastx']Everything you said in this post is wrong. You call yourself a fighting game fan?[/QUOTE]

?

I never said I was a fighting game fan. I more want something with a decent d-pad for games like Bionic Commando, Braid, etc. on XBLA. Hence why I posted about the pads and not an arcade stick.

I may pick up SF2HD if I ever got something with a dpad for nostalgia's sake since I liked the game back in the day, but I barely play fighting games these days.

Last edited by a moderator:
so whats with amazons allocation of TE sticks?
i heard SF4 games are being delayed by a week but no idea about the TE stick though at least that gives me time to deposit money into my account...tomorrow lol

[quote name='DarthPuma']Any one interested in trading an HRAP3 and money if applicable for anything with HAPP shit?[/QUOTE]

You're hating the Japanese stuff really bad, huh? I come from a Happ background and didn't like the Japanese style stuff for a while but now that I'm used toit I cannot go back. Everything seems so stiff and unresponsive.

[quote name='nil']You're hating the Japanese stuff really bad, huh? I come from a Happ background and didn't like the Japanese style stuff for a while but now that I'm used toit I cannot go back. Everything seems so stiff and unresponsive.[/QUOTE]

It's the stick I'm hating. I can't pull off shit with the square gate and the loosness just kills me.

I'm tempted to order the octagon gate, but my cheap ass is hesitant to drop ten bucks on it and end up hating it worse. That still wouldn't help with the looseness, which is what really kills me. I know you can stretch the spring, but I don't see that helping a ton.

[quote name='DarthPuma']It's the stick I'm hating. I can't pull off shit with the square gate and the loosness just kills me.

I'm tempted to order the octagon gate, but my cheap ass is hesitant to drop ten bucks on it and end up hating it worse. That still wouldn't help with the looseness, which is what really kills me. I know you can stretch the spring, but I don't see that helping a ton.[/quote]

There's a couple mods you can do to the JLF's actuator and whatnot that make it stiffer and shorten the throw depending on what gate you're using.

I can't make any promises about how it will compare to IL stuff, but from what I've seem its pretty nice.

I'd also say just bite on the octagon gate, its a big enough difference to be worthwile. Also, a bat top make it, to some extent, resemble a very loose Happ.

I think the JLF mod is called ultimate or something.

i saw the unboxing video again and it made me wonder if the box was inspired by those fancy sneaker boxes that you gotta camp out for

[quote name='DarthPuma']Any one interested in trading an HRAP3 and money if applicable for anything with HAPP shit?[/quote]

Hey i got a modded SFAE stick w/ all happs...You would just need to get yourself a PS2 to PS3 converter...

CML to see pics

[quote name='rcaido']Hey i got a modded SFAE stick w/ all happs...You would just need to get yourself a PS2 to PS3 converter...

CML to see pics[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you've showed me. I really fucking want it, but I don't have the kind of cash you're looking for.

Markman: Someone on the Capcom-Unity site is asking if the standard fight stick can be modded with a Sanwa octagonal restrictor plate. Can it?

[quote name='nil']Markman: Someone on the Capcom-Unity site is asking if the standard fight stick can be modded with a Sanwa octagonal restrictor plate. Can it?[/quote]

yes

[quote name='dmaul1114']
I never said I was a fighting game fan. I more want something with a decent d-pad for games like Bionic Commando, Braid, etc. on XBLA. Hence why I posted about the pads and not an arcade stick.

I may pick up SF2HD if I ever got something with a dpad for nostalgia's sake since I liked the game back in the day, but I barely play fighting games these days.[/QUOTE]

That's fine, it is indeed a great controller for 2D games. The location of the bumpers and shoulder buttons is kind of weird, but most games let you customize controls.

However, as an artist, I have no idea what your problem is with the pads' appearances. Out of 5 designs, those all look bad to you? I'll tell you they're extremely classy and the color choices are great, even if I wasn't in to Street Fighter. But I admit Ryu looks like a monkey in his drawing.

[quote name='eastx']
However, as an artist, I have no idea what your problem is with the pads' appearances. Out of 5 designs, those all look bad to you? I'll tell you they're extremely classy and the color choices are great, even if I wasn't in to Street Fighter. But I admit Ryu looks like a monkey in his drawing.[/QUOTE]

I don't think the art is bad. I just have a very classy/minimalist set up in my living room and a controller with that kind of art on it would stick out like a sore thumb is all.

I've just never been into comics, video game art etc. They look good for what they are, but I'm much prefer just a plain black pad as that would stay nice and hidden on the shelves on my coffee table. But I may still pick one up if they drop in price to $20 or so months down the road if it is apparent that a plain pad isn't coming.

[quote name='zewone']Weren't you just going to sell your HRAP a couple of days ago?[/QUOTE]

I'm trying this out first. This costs me ten dollars if it works out vs. a lot more to sell my stick and get something else. I'm also going to do the ultimate mod when it comes.

LL didn't send me an email, as soon as I ordered it went straight back to the home page. Is this bad?

It should take like a day to get your partial refund mail. I don't remember about confirmation though.

You probably have nothing to worry about

Okay. I was worried since it didn't ask for my email and such, I just put in my paypal info and that was that.

I'm excited!! I'll probably do the Ultimate mod when it comes in. Hope it's before SF4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back