CAG Arcade Stick Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW this has been brought up with our factories/QC team already.

If you do get one, straight up I would recommend modding with Sanwa parts. That's just me though.

If you have any issues or are worried about your warranty, dont worry call in and we'll help you out still.

If I don't put a Sanwa stick in, what is Mad Catz plan on fixing this issue for current owners? I've been running into this problem more and more as I play.

Yes, of course MC will help with this. Just call the tech support line.

EDITED because people like to stalk posts and call me out when I'm trying to be helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh well, if your SE is damaged, you'll just have to do this (a hassle though).

From the MadCatz site:

Register your Mad Catz product on the web at http://registration.madcatz.com/Login.asp
To obtain warranty service, you must:
Call Mad Catz Technical Support at 1.800.659.2287 (USA only) or 1.619.683.9830 (outside USA)
Obtain a Return Authorization Number from Mad Catz Technical Support
Return the product to Mad Catz with the postage prepaid and insured. Mad Catz will not be responsible for any loss or damage during shipment. Mad Catz will pay the full return shipping (see return address below)
Enclose a copy of the original sales receipt showing a purchase date
Enclose a full return address along with daytime and evening phone numbers
Be sure to package the product so that it will not become damaged in shipping. We recommend placing the original box inside another box packed with packaging material. Mad Catz, Inc. will not be responsible for any damage or loss to the product in shipment.

All returns should be addressed to:
Mad Catz, Inc.
ATTN: Warranty
7480 Mission Valley Rd
Suite 101
San Diego, CA
92108-4406

Please allow for 4 to 6 weeks for processing. In the event of a problem, we will contact you at one of the phone numbers provided.

"When you purchase from Mad Catz, you purchase quality. We put our products through comprehensive tests to ensure the highest reliability and compatibility. You will probably never encounter a problem with our products, but if you should experience any difficulties, Mad Catz offers a replacement warranty on this product. All warranty service requires original receipt documentation. Please hold on to your sales receipt. Mad Catz warrants to the original consumer purchaser that this product is free from defects in either material or workmanship. If a defect covered by this warranty occurs, Mad Catz, at its option, will repair or replace the product at no charge"

*Note: Warranty does not apply to Licensed Products beyond manufacturer warranty period (90 days).

I'm thinking it will be less of a hassle just to get a JLF-TP-8T. This sort of sucks. I should have just got the HRAP EX or the TE.

MC Tech Support team WILL take care of you. Call them if you really have an issue.

EDITED because people like to stalk posts and call me out when I'm trying to be helpful.

But personally. I'd drop a Sanwa stick in there and some Sanwa/Seimitsu buttons.

That's just me though.

Last edited by a moderator:
So wait, the SE is messed up out of the box? *sighs and cancels pre-order* Is this going to be fixed in later batches? ... if there will be later batches that is.

How do you guys think this would work as art? I like it more than the weezer image I was going to use.

Street_Fighter_4_by_Matelandia.jpg

The only difference between sanwas and seimetsu's is that the sanwas are super sensitive and the seim's require a slight bit of force to push, right?

[quote name='distgfx']So wait, the SE is messed up out of the box? *sighs and cancels pre-order* Is this going to be fixed in later batches? ... if there will be later batches that is.[/quote]

Not all of them have that problem supposedly.

Don't get caught up in the freakouts!

now with all this shit going on with the CrapCatz sticks...whats a good alternative stick for ps3? i was looking at the Real Arcade Pro. 3 Fighting Stick, but the stick is too close to the buttons for me

now with all this shit going on with the CrapCatz sticks...whats a good alternative stick for ps3? i was looking at the Real Arcade Pro. 3 Fighting Stick, but the stick is too close to the buttons for me.

[quote name='heavyd853']Not all of them have that problem supposedly.

Don't get caught up in the freakouts![/quote]

I'm not, don't worry, it's just... unlike with the FightPads, I haven't seen some positive light shed in on this at all.

EDIT: Other than that MadCatz support will take care of you.

[quote name='refusedchaos']now with all this shit going on with the CrapCatz sticks...whats a good alternative stick for ps3? i was looking at the Real Arcade Pro. 3 Fighting Stick, but the stick is too close to the buttons for me.[/quote]

Learn to deal with it. If it's too close for you, get a custom.

[quote name='heavyd853']Man reading the SRK tech forums has become alot less amusing as of late.

So much stupidity![/quote]

Yes, there's a lot of bitching about many things I have yet to understand.

Seriously though, I can't tell if the SE stick's issues are a widespread problem or not because I haven't seen any positive comments on it at all. I know I could mod it out of the box but I'm just looking for a nice stock stick that won't, well, have any major issues. :???:

EDIT: Even just a quote from someone who has it and doesn't have problems with it would be nice.

The problem you can fix yourself and use the stock stick. Someone posted a write up on how to fix it (might only be a temp fix though).

[quote name='zewone']The problem you can fix yourself and use the stock stick. Someone posted a write up on how to fix it (might only be a temp fix though).[/quote]

Good to hear but I shouldn't have to fix something the moment I buy it. :whistle2:? I saw you were having trouble with yours too somewhere...

[quote name='distgfx']Yes, there's a lot of bitching about many things I have yet to understand.

Seriously though, I can't tell if the SE stick's issues are a widespread problem or not because I haven't seen any positive comments on it at all. I know I could mod it out of the box but I'm just looking for a nice stock stick that won't, well, have any major issues. :???:

EDIT: Even just a quote from someone who has it and doesn't have problems with it would be nice.[/QUOTE]

I agree that it shouldn't have any problems out of the box. But what's the big deal about putting in a Sanwa stick? It fixes the problem and gives you better control. Everybody wins.

Or you can get the Fightpad!

Doesn't look like I'll get a TE in this first round of manufacturing, and that might actually be a good thing if there's really QC issues going on. Honestly, I'm starting to think I'll be playing a pad more than anything at this rate.

[quote name='gunm']Or you can get the Fightpad!

Doesn't look like I'll get a TE in this first round of manufacturing, and that might actually be a good thing if there's really QC issues going on. Honestly, I'm starting to think I'll be playing a pad more than anything at this rate.[/quote]

that and i think fightpads will be more multi purpose for me since i can use it alot of 2d games i have that are begging for a dpad :bouncy:

[quote name='DarthPuma']Should I get sanwas or skeleton seimetsus? The seim are pretty.[/quote]

I'm getting the seimitsu ps-14-k green skeleton buttons for my hrap ex. They are pretty :bouncy:

[quote name='genfuyung']HRAP EX...that is all...[/QUOTE]
Hell yeah. Ordering one very soon. :)
[quote name='genfuyung']I'm getting the seimitsu ps-14-k green skeleton buttons for my hrap ex. They are pretty :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
I'm thinking about the purple skeletons for mine. :drool:

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Hell yeah. Ordering one very soon.[/quote]

Did you cancel your Tournament Edition pre-order?

After hearing so many issues with the madcatz sticks, I've been considering dropping my 2 tournament edition orders and just grabbing a few HRAP EX sticks...
Only problem is that I'm too lazy to buy some Sanwa parts to replace the stock stuff :cry:

I'm really not sure what I want to do at this point. I mean, I really, really love the look of that SF IV stick, but I'm going to have to tough it out for a while until BB gets its shit together, and I'd be lying if I said the damaged stick reports didn't have me at least a little concerned. Well, I'll leave that preorder in for now...

Totally gotta get a fightpad ASAP tho.

I'm going to pretty much completely copy that stick mm posted with the ryu/ken art unless I find better art within the next few days. I was hoping i'd find something cool in a bright yellow though.

[quote name='Chacrana']You need to stop being so gay with your color choices.[/QUOTE]
:grouphug: It's all cool baby. I also have an Indigo Gamecube, for the record. So if purple is so "gay", then recommend a color.
[quote name='xGunCrazyx']Did you cancel your Tournament Edition pre-order?

After hearing so many issues with the madcatz sticks, I've been considering dropping my 2 tournament edition orders and just grabbing a few HRAP EX sticks...
Only problem is that I'm too lazy to buy some Sanwa parts to replace the stock stuff :cry:[/QUOTE]

I canceled the order. I need the stick now, and it was between an HRAP EX and a SFIV TE stick. I just need a 360 stick, so I'm getting an HRAP EX simply because I can order it and have it this week. And I am replacing the buttons, I just haven't decided with what yet.

[quote name='Chacrana']Totally gotta get a fightpad ASAP tho.[/QUOTE]

Ditto, I'm waiting for Best Buy to stock ps3 fightpads. Know anything about that MarkMan, or anyone? I've only seen 360 fightpads at retail.

[quote name='striker199']Ditto, I'm waiting for Best Buy to stock ps3 fightpads. Know anything about that MarkMan, or anyone? I've only seen 360 fightpads at retail.[/quote]

I've already seen some PS3 FightPads at my local GS. As in, ones a walk-in can buy.

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out how I could get an ayami kojima image on my TE without it being a total clusterfuck because her stuff is so complicated.

I was thinking of this, will mess iwth photoshop later.

Beware, its pretty monstrous

artbook04.jpg

[quote name='striker199']Ditto, I'm waiting for Best Buy to stock ps3 fightpads. Know anything about that MarkMan, or anyone? I've only seen 360 fightpads at retail.[/quote]

Ironically, I have only seen PS3 pads. *shrug*

[quote name='Knoxximus']Ironically, I have only seen PS3 pads. *shrug*[/QUOTE]

Really, at a best buy? Waiting for them since I have some gift cards to use, otherwise its Amazon.

Well, while waiting for my paint job to dry, I worked a little on my case art. What do you guys think? (The case will don seimitsu purple skeletons/transparent buttons and ls-40 w/bubble top).

sweaty sion ftw

Pretty sweet. I dig it. :) I was playing some Melty Blood AC the other day, and working on some MB art for my (at the time) TE stick. Now I'm thinking it's going on my HRAP EX.

[quote name='striker199']Really, at a best buy? Waiting for them since I have some gift cards to use, otherwise its Amazon.[/quote]

Sorry for not being specific. Got mine at Game Crazy, but they didn't get in a lick of 360 stuff...the sticks and pads were all PS3...:whistle2:#

Where are you guys finding decent MB artwork? I'm trying to find something with Akiha, but it ain't happening. :(

But yeah, I dunno if I'll use my HRAP 3, the TE stick for the 360, or a HRAP Ex, but the stick that gets this art is gonna be the one that I'm gonna have dual-modded for supergun shit.

Anyone know if the profile and size of the HRAP EX is the same as the Tekken 5 stick? It looks the same in pictures and I really like the size/weight of the T5 stick.

I'm done waiting on Gamestop to get the TE that I pre-ordered and paid for the day it was added to their inventory. How people could order theirs through GS.com in early Jan and get shipped theirs already, when there is limited quantity, is beyond me. But whatevs...I've learned my lesson. No more shopping at Gamestop.

[quote name='blackflag']Anyone know if the profile and size of the HRAP EX is the same as the Tekken 5 stick? It looks the same in pictures and I really like the size/weight of the T5 stick.

I'm done waiting on Gamestop to get the TE that I pre-ordered and paid for the day it was added to their inventory. How people could order theirs through GS.com in early Jan and get shipped theirs already, when there is limited quantity, is beyond me. But whatevs...I've learned my lesson. No more shopping at Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the HRAP EX uses the same form factor as the Tekken stick, so it's like... tha same shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back