CAG Arcade Stick Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm. My HRAP2:SA is getting Dual-modded so i don't have it with me. I could try taking pics of the HRAP vs SE If i can get it back by Thursday. Isn't there specs out there already? I know i saw a TE vs HRAP one. We should get comparison pics tho :)

Hey guys, I just bought my first joystick (SE Fightstick) last night (hooray!) but after a while, the stick started getting stuck occasionally to the right or up (boo!).
Seems like other people are getting that problem too. Do joysticks have to be worn in or something? Will my controller loosen up and won't get stuck if I just use it more?

[quote name='MiniB0ssBattle']Hey guys, I just bought my first joystick (SE Fightstick) last night (hooray!) but after a while, the stick started getting stuck occasionally to the right or up (boo!).
Seems like other people are getting that problem too. Do joysticks have to be worn in or something? Will my controller loosen up and won't get stuck if I just use it more?[/QUOTE]

No. It doesn't need any breaking-in, it's breaking!

You need to order a replacement Sanwa joystick or get your money back.

Any SE running stock joystick won't last long.

[quote name='zewone']No. It doesn't need any breaking-in, it's breaking!

You need to order a replacement Sanwa joystick or get your money back.

Any SE running stock joystick won't last long.[/quote]

agreed, mine had zero problems for like the first few days...

now when i try to do the flying e.honda move and charge back he blocks down and the joystick thinks im trying to block but im not...:roll:

Hey guys not sure if this belongs here but i cant seem to get an answer at srk...For those who has hacked a PCB for their arcade stick...Can you recommend a soldering iron, wires, & Quick Disconnects to buy...I have a radioshack nearby so yeah if you can help me out that would be great...

The smallest radio shack had were 3/16". I got the 22-18 gauge disconnects with 18 gauge wire. I didn't need to solder anything. Just look how long a wire you need cut, then crimp the connects on. The 3/16" size works even though they are too big. This is for the Madcatz Fightstick SE.

I just ordered a Sanwa stick and Bat handle from lizardlick today, but I personally like the Happ buttons I already had since that's the style of the SF2 machines when I was growing up. I love the clickiness. And all the machines used the bat handles.

rcaido, use maps.google.com and search nearby your area for "electronics supply" or electronics. If you can't find anything, try the yellow pages.

As for soldering iron, if you can try to get a Weller brand soldering iron. Preferrably the 25 watt marksman.

Most of the buttons use .110" QDs so look for male and female QDs in this size. Use the 18-26AWG type.

I personally get my stuff from here. http://shop.willyselectronics.com/
They're based in San Diego though, but these are the kinds of places you'd want to look for.

The size wire depends on what the pcb calls for. Ask around on srk for what wires are needed for the pcb you would want to work with. Usually, I just use 22awg wire for general projects. But for things like soldering a ps3 pcb (not recommended, use AXISdapter instead), you'd need smaller gauge wires, like 26awg, more like 30awg.

If you happen to find an electronics shop, don't hesitate to ask them questions. I personally hate going to Radio Shack. They may have what you're looking for, but they overprice everything and sell them by the singles (i.e. terminals, tools, etc.)

So no breaking in period? poopy. I just got the stick, has MadCatz made any comments on the sticky stick? What should I do; go back to gamestop and wait for them to give me a new one or have madcatz take it and fix it?

[quote name='MarkMan']Guys I just wanted to update everyone that there will be an official announcement regarding anyone having issues with the standard edition FightSticks soon. We're not ignoring anyone.

I haven't been following the thread today, but I hope everyone is doing well. Street Fighter IV is here... so I hope everyone has a good time with the game.

I got my CEs today!

3288340655_b4e37c5f6e.jpg

3289158766_da93847cbd.jpg

And that second pic... I'm thinking of putting it up as a prize for a contest on sdt... I need to get Seth's autograph first to make it complete...[/quote]

Mini Boss Battle,
I just posted on the PS3 forum, but MarkMan here is the project manager in charge of the SF line at Mad Catz. He would be your contact person about a replacement.

[quote name='GuardianE']Call Madcatz. Your stick might be defective. They'll be making an official announcement soon.[/quote]

Um, MSUHitman, are you sure that Markman would be the contact person about getting a replacement? Because I'm pretty sure he's not. He's part of the design team. Call Madcatz if you're having a problem. Don't bug Markman.

Im going to be using Sanwa buttons & the PCB is a Madcatz controller...

So do i buy a male or female quick disconnect...

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, the issue with the SE stick aside, it really is a good stick weight/size wise.

I'm pretty fed up with people calling me biased, but I can't blame em. But the shit is good, ESP when you mod it(which you should).

It was obviously designed with modding in mind.

Tons of room, and QDs and shit. That is screaming to get impregnated.

EDIT: Yes call Mad Catz if you have an issue..!

Sorry I guess I typed that because of his post about an announcment. Just find the website on the instructions, fill that out, then call them and get a warranty repair.

You're going to have to pay to ship to them though, which sucks.

[quote name='MarkMan']Honestly, the issue with the SE stick aside, it really is a good stick weight/size wise.

I'm pretty fed up with people calling me biased, but I can't blame em. But the shit is good, ESP when you mod it(which you should).

It was obviously designed with modding in mind.

Tons of room, and QDs and shit. That is screaming to get impregnated.

EDIT: Yes call Mad Catz if you have an issue..![/quote]

can i just drive to madcatz and get a repair in person?
my joystick is getting stuck... for instance when i try to charge e.hondas move he blocks instead of going back...lol

[quote name='MSUHitman']Sorry I guess I typed that because of his post about an announcment. Just find the website on the instructions, fill that out, then call them and get a warranty repair.

You're going to have to pay to ship to them though, which sucks.[/quote]

Are you serious you have to pay for shipping? That cant be right...Might as well just order some Sanwa or Seimitsu stick...

[quote name='rcaido']Are you serious you have to pay for shipping? That cant be right...Might as well just order some Sanwa or Seimitsu stick...[/quote]

true that... after a few days my joystick is getting stuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk roar.:bomb::bomb::bomb:

i am considering driving to madcatz.. lol since they are 10 mins away

Previous posts by MarkMan have indicated that the whole "Paying for shipping" thing is about the general warranty, but because word of these sticks and their quality control problems have been made known, this is a special circumstance. In MarkMan's own terms, call Madcatz and they'll "take care of you."

[quote name='GuardianE']Previous posts by MarkMan have indicated that the whole "Paying for shipping" thing is about the general warranty, but because word of these sticks and their quality control problems have been made known, this is a special circumstance. In MarkMan's own terms, call Madcatz and they'll "take care of you."[/QUOTE]

I'd assume that this is going to be a part of Mad Catz's official statement on the matter, as well, so for those who aren't local, maybe it's best to stay tuned for that ish.

Personally, I feel like the way they handle this situation is going to make or break them... at least as far as the enthusiast consumer base is concerned.

[quote name='Chacrana']Personally, I feel like the way they handle this situation is going to make or break them... at least as far as the enthusiast consumer base is concerned.[/quote]

I wholeheartedly agree. Madcatz really needed a perfect run on these, and that's not what they got. Unless they do some serious damage control, they may have irreversibly marred their status to most gamers.

I really don't like the movement on the SE stick and was curious what parts it uses and what makes the Sanwa parts feel better?

I have a happ replacement stick I used on a stick I made for my PC and it was just awesome, so I don't understand what makes these Madcatz SE sticks not that great out of the box.

Just opened my Fightpad to see how that compares. I really sucked with charge moves using the SE stick. Can't wait for lizardlick to ship out the sanwa joystick I ordered today.

Well if you don't want to return/exchange your SE or call MadCatz your options are pretty much to open it up and either mod it or on the bottom of the stick move the washer back into place that most people are reporting is the issue.

[quote name='MarkMan']I'm pretty fed up with people calling me biased, but I can't blame em. But the shit is good, ESP when you mod it(which you should).[/QUOTE]

OMG, don't take this the wrong way because I'm neutral towards MarkMan but I laughed when I read that. Really buy our $80 product to mod which is what you should be doing with it? I know what you're saying I just couldn't help but facepalm.

HRAP EX and HRAP3 are both sold out on Amazon.

I'm assuming there was a ton of orders because of SFIV and the lack of quality in the SE and the lack of quantity in the TE.

[quote name='amusedtoe']
OMG, don't take this the wrong way because I'm neutral towards MarkMan but I laughed when I read that. Really buy our $80 product to mod which is what you should be doing with it? I know what you're saying I just couldn't help but facepalm.[/quote]

I'm just saying.. cuz you know Sanwa/Seimitsu parts are good. I think it is the better choice ;)

Furashu: call in first and then let them know you're local and you'll drop it off...

Just put the octogonal gate in my HRAP3. We'll see how I like it.

I scratched the casing a bit while I was doing it, which is a huge bummer. Anyone know about painting the casing on one of these?

Mad Catz official response regarding the Arcade FightStick (standard edition)...

Hi there,

My name is Alex Verrey, Global PR & Communications Manager for Mad Catz.

In recent days, there have been reports of quality issues surrounding our Street Fighter IV range of products, largely focused on our standard edition Arcade FightStick.

Mad Catz is committed to providing quality products and we fully stand behind our product warranty. We are very proud of this range which has been met with overwhelming critical enthusiasm. We also wish to be honest and transparent with the gaming community. We are here to help and will not shy away from our responsibility thus, after investigating the issues mentioned on blogs, websites and forums, we would like to take this opportunity to relay our official position:

1. Some customers have reported issues with their standard edition Arcade FightStick. A very small amount of users have experience problems with the sticks responsiveness. Please note that this issue does NOT happen on each Arcade FightStick and has been reported on a small number of units. The issue is due to a metal washer shifting out of place and is easily rectified. The issue and the resulting fix have been extensively documented on several forums. However, to avoid voiding your warranty, we recommend contacting Mad Catz technical support who will be happy to assist. Mad Catz is committed to fixing all sticks that exhibit this issue. Our contact information lies below.

2. Some customers have reported scratches on the top of their Tournament Edition. This could have occurred during the pack-out portion of the manufacturing process. It is not the result of recycling old or used parts or the result of any kind of rushed manufacturing process. Mad Catz would never do such a thing. Mad Catz will replace tops with serious scratches caused by the manufacturing pack-out process. Again, in the highly unlikely occurrence of your Tournament Edition Arcade FightStick exhibiting serious scratches, please contact us and we will be happy to assist.

Mad Catz recognizes the enormous trust the Street Fighter community has placed in us. We want to make you aware of the known issues and our plans to remedy the situation. For all of the issues listed above, we encourage you to contact Mad Catz customer support by phone or email (see below). Your local retailer will not be able to repair or provide replacement parts. We have asked our retailers to direct you back to us for warranty repair and service. We would like to stress again that we believe this is a limited and isolated issue that may affect a small number of sticks.

When you call, Mad Catz support agents will diagnose the problem over the phone and based on their diagnosis, they will work with you to solve the problem including providing free shipping and repair. Please note all support agents are based in California (USA) or in Bristol (UK) and are die hard gamers that want to help you. Our contact info is as follows:

USA:
Tech Phone: 1-619-683-9830 ext. 3799
Toll Free (USA): 1-800-659-2287
Email: [email protected]

Web: www.madcatz.com (select support menu option)
Support Hours:
Monday - Friday: 8am - 4pm (PST)
Closed Saturday, Sunday and most major US holidays

UK/Europe:

Europe Support Number – 01454 451900 (UK Only 0845 050 8428)
E-Mail Address – [email protected]
Support Hours – 9 - 4.30pm Monday - Friday

Last, the Standard Edition and Tournament Edition Arcade FightSticks feature a ‘Turbo’ function which we specifically tested on beta/pre-release versions of Street Fighter IV and the retail release.

They perform as documented in the user guide and there are no known issues. If however, you should identify a game not compatible with our Turbo function, please email tech support ([email protected]) and we will investigate the issue. Currently, we are investigating reports of an issue with the Turbo function on the PS3 versions of both the standard and Tournament Edition Arcade FightSticks when playing Street Fighter HD Remix. As we learn more, we will post more information in an FAQ on our support site.

Mad Catz welcomes all constructive feedback and comments. Your feedback will help us make better products and identify unknown issues. For those of you that do not have any problem, enjoy the sticks. Those that have issues, call us. We want to fix the problem. Thank you for your time.

Yours sincerely,

Alex Verrey
Global PR & Communications Manager
Mads Catz Inc.
[email protected]

[quote name='amusedtoe']Interesting, my BB TE stick pre-order just got pushed back to the 8th.[/quote]

Im just biding my time till I receive a similar email from amazon. I am planning on waiting because Im set on the product but blaming manufacturing slowdowns on Chinese New Year or whatever is a joke. Again props to MarkMan/others in the design of the stuff, its too bad Manufacturing/Order Procurement/etc. cant hold up their end.

MarkMan, can you get the PR guy to make a statement as to why MadCatz didn't ship enough TE sticks to Amazon (or Gamestop, Best Buy, etc.) to cover their pre-order allocations?

My problem with the stick is that I don't have one yet.

[quote name='coltcannon']Im just biding my time till I receive a similar email from amazon. I am planning on waiting because Im set on the product but blaming manufacturing slowdowns on Chinese New Year or whatever is a joke. Again props to MarkMan/others in the design of the stuff, its too bad Manufacturing/Order Procurement/etc. cant hold up their end.[/quote]

Where did you hear the CNY stuff, was that from VGC?

I pretty angry at this point.Gamestop has been giving me the round around.Calling them and them telling me that the have the stick but when I arrive at the store they tell me they dont have it.Its sold out cant fulfill my preorder.UPS shipping error.If the TE stick I get defective Im just gonna ebay it and get a second hrap3.

Better then how everyone is kicking my ass. >.<

At this point I'm probably just going to hope the secondary market for the TE sticks holds up and flip it.

[quote name='rcaido']Im going to be using Sanwa buttons & the PCB is a Madcatz controller...

So do i buy a male or female quick disconnect...[/QUOTE]

female. Think vaginas to female and penis to male... I know... but it works.

Since my custom 360 stick has no mic port, and I needed a 2nd stick anyways ;), I went ahead and picked up an SE since they had them at Fry's.

Are there any vids online about modding them? I've only seen ones for the TE. I'm not sure if I'm gonna keep it or not (since I still do have a TE preordered, but I have no idea if I'm gonna ever get it) but just kinda wanted to see how modding is on it.

Also, anyone know anywhere else in the us that's selling the hrap3 or ex?

[quote name='MarkMan']Where did you hear the CNY stuff, was that from VGC?[/quote]

Maybe Ive been following threads all over, saw it mentioned this morning. Wouldnt be surprised if its bullshit coming from a group who charged up front and the took 5% restocking fee on canceled order for a product they never had.

I just picked up my PS3 SFIV CE. I have never played with a stick on a home console and have not played at an arcade since probably 1993. I picked up the Hori Fight Stick 3 from GS since it was cheap ($29.99). I was thinking about returning it and getting something else.
I was looking at the Sega Saturn USB controllers on ebay for less than $30. I have no tools to mod a stick or any soldering or modding experience. I was thinking about getting the madcatz se and mod it since it looks easy. I don't want to spend $150 on the TE but I don't want crap either.
Any suggestions between the Saturn controller or any stick is greatly appreciated. Also it has to be for PS3.
Thanks in advance.

[quote name='option.iv']female. Think vaginas to female and penis to male... I know... but it works.[/QUOTE]

Wait.... then that means ! :cry:

[quote name='genfuyung']Got my HRAP EX in today. Its fucking amazing.[/QUOTE]
Seconded. I've been using it since I got it today, and I love it. My first real HRAP. :) I wanted a SFIV TE stick, but I caved because I'm impatient. When my Sanwa buttons get in, it'll be perfect.

I still want a SFIV FightStick just to mod it though.

[quote name='buttasuperb']Are there any vids online about modding them? I've only seen ones for the TE. I'm not sure if I'm gonna keep it or not (since I still do have a TE preordered, but I have no idea if I'm gonna ever get it) but just kinda wanted to see how modding is on it.

Also, anyone know anywhere else in the us that's selling the hrap3 or ex?[/QUOTE]

The series that starts with this video is about the TE but should all be the same info other then a slightly different process to disassemble the SE (unscrew the bottom not top).

TE modding 1/8

Only place I'd been able to find was Amazon and they don't have either of them on their site at all the moment it seems.

[quote name='hlb96']Any suggestions between the Saturn controller or any stick is greatly appreciated. Also it has to be for PS3.
Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

If you want something nice it's pretty much go SE with plans to mod or stepping up to something like a HRAP or TE.

[quote name='aihuman']I pretty angry at this point.Gamestop has been giving me the round around.Calling them and them telling me that the have the stick but when I arrive at the store they tell me they dont have it.Its sold out cant fulfill my preorder.UPS shipping error.If the TE stick I get defective Im just gonna ebay it and get a second hrap3.[/quote]

I got this bullshit run around for 3 days. Today, I asked for the DM's number at my gamestop as I found out another "pre-ordered" stick was at another store close by and I was going to ask the DM to switch it. Bottom line, after talking to the assholes in Gamestop, they went in the back room. Low and behold, they "found" my stick. so, not sure if you want to go that route, but it's worth a shot. At least you will find out if they are lying to you or not.

Damn, i get the HRAP3 in my goldbox this morning on Amazon and it goes out of stock :/ (not to mention I have 20 dollars in credit built up from surveys)

[quote name='docvinh']Probably unrelated, but anyone want to sell their sf te for what they paid plus shipping?[/QUOTE]

That hard to find in your area?

[quote name='amusedtoe']That hard to find in your area?[/QUOTE]

I called a couple of gamestops around here, and they're either all out or never ordered any. I haven't seen them anywhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back