CAG Arcade Stick Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='PhrostByte']So MarkMan.. kids had two TE sticks up at my university game room today. I went on a 6 match streak with one of them but I didn't really like it. The buttons are way too sensitive and the stick jumps when I try to do b, f + whatever. I'm still keeping my pre-order cuz I figured maybe I just have to get used to it...[/quote]

Yea, sounds like you're not used to Sanwa/Japanese style parts?

They aren't for everyone.

If you're unfamiliar with it, I'd just suggest keep playing til you force yourself to learn the limits of the buttons and stick.

Yea.. well as of now I'm still planning on giving the TE a shot. Too bad my amazon pre-order has been delayed about 3 times now. Btw, we're supposed to play a match for the multi-day tournament.

[quote name='Furashu']but wouldnt that defeat the purpose of buying it?

since its basically already "modded"

its like buying a 911 turbo then taking the engine out for a new one.[/QUOTE]

Some people just love to personalize, including me. An arcade stick doesn't come to life for me until I've changed the art and buttons. Plus he can sell the stock stick and buttons if he decides to change them.

[quote name='eastx']Some people just love to personalize, including me. An arcade stick doesn't come to life for me until I've changed the art and buttons. Plus he can sell the stock stick and buttons if he decides to change them.[/quote]

true but he was complaining about the buttons, not the look of them.

i can understand like color changes...

that stick was pretty much made so u didnt have the idea of modding in mind.

just imo anyways.

I present my dual X360/PS3 mod using one cord and switch. I only have bad quality pics at the moment, sorry. I'll have better ones with my future blog post and tutorial.

[IMG-C=4838]5440[/IMG-C]
[IMG-C=4838]5441[/IMG-C]
[IMG-C=4838]5442[/IMG-C]
[IMG-C=4838]5443[/IMG-C]
[IMG-C=4838]5444[/IMG-C]
[IMG-C=4838]5445[/IMG-C]
[IMG-C=4838]5446[/IMG-C]

And yes, I cut into my NAS box. That's how I roll.

That looks pretty hardxcore. Is that PCB one of these?
Arcade_stick_high_res_270x261.jpg

That is a bad ass stick, CC! Wiring is so damn clean. :)

I plan on snagging a Norris box when they get restocked. I've wanted one since they first started selling them.

Great wiring job, ControlCommerce! What exactly was it about the project did Toodles recommend against?
Also, props to the map design. I may have to do something like that one day.

Smallwind is right. You have to connect both the power source and ground on both PCBs. And if one is uncommon then it's impossible.

Yes, eastx. This is the mod Toodles recommend against. I've only seen one other person on all of SRK do this mod (piggybacking off the Cthulhu). I learned how to do it by looking at the picture he posted. Toodles won't walk you through it but he gives brief instructions on the paper that comes with the board. I'll write a full tutorial with pictures in the future. It's not that hard, you just need time and experience. It's not for beginners. That's what Toodles was probably suggesting.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
And I'm sure he doesn't want 1000 emails asking for help from noobs who screw it up :)
I still can't beleive how clean that is... I'd post pics of my brutal re-wiring but I'm afraid of what will happen if I unscrew the bottom plate.

like they say on the blu-ray forum nice wire management! er cable whatever same difference :)
stick looks awesome controlcommerce

very nice wiring control commerce.

but yeah i think toodles just doesn't want people asking him questions all day. i mean if you buy a cthulhu it doesn't explain it directly but it gives you this paper for the pinouts to at least piggyback 1 more pcb from a different system. if you wanted to piggyback something like ps2 you could just double up through the screw terminals but for 360 you will at least need to solder the 2 data wires to come out of a cthulhu. i guess he wouldn't want to be liable if someone messes up a fully assembled kit who's original intention was supposed to be solderless.

I was going to do that very same mod for one of my custom sticks but the only thing that keeps me from doing it is the availability of those retro stick pcb's. None of my local EB/GS have it.

I've been looking for that Mad Catz retro stick for cheap for ages. I swear the second GS reduced its price, it vanished. They had 4 of them for the longest time, then poof, gone. :cry:

They are getting kinda rare because they've all been clearanced off. Even Gamespot sells them at $10 if you can find one. I original was going to use the normal "Gamespot" branded Madcatz controller but the cord is very short. It's won't even reach my couch from the TV. And I put so much work into the stick that I didn't want something like that to be an issue. So I took out the PCB that I used in my MAS stick mod and cleaned up the wiring. Overall it was a great idea. I thought the large size would be a problem but it turned out for the better. Theirs a LOT of wires hidden underneath the board.

Another thing, is anyone here interested in me making a tutorial of this exact mod? Is anyone here going to use it? Theirs not one on the internet. Their are some dual-mod tutorials and info threads but not one use this "piggyback" method.

[quote name='controlcommerce']Another thing, is anyone here interested in me making a tutorial of this exact mod? Is anyone here going to use it? Theirs not one on the internet. Their are some dual-mod tutorials and info threads but not one use this "piggyback" method.[/quote]

:wave:

[quote name='controlcommerce']They are getting kinda rare because they've all been clearanced off. Even Gamespot sells them at $10 if you can find one. I original was going to use the normal "Gamespot" branded Madcatz controller but the cord is very short. It's won't even reach my couch from the TV. And I put so much work into the stick that I didn't want something like that to be an issue.[/quote]

You can get a USB 'extension' cord for cheap from monoprice.com...I use one for my Fight Sticks because I sit about 16' away from my console and 60"TV

So, once again I complained to amazon and once again they "hooked me up". They gave me a $10 promotional certificate.. but I think I can only use it on new orders.. can't add it to my existing TE like the $20 code they sent me. And now my delivery date is the 29th of March.. so fucking lame.

Nice wiring control. Now I'm inspired to do good job wiring as well. Fortunately my Lizardlick orders shipped out today. Hopefully I can recieve my package by Saturday, but that's most likely is not going to happen. I feel for Chad at LL, he must still be swamped with orders. But I can't recommend LL enough, they are very dedicated over there.

btw, what screws did you use to secure Toodle's PCB? I'll probably need the same lsize and length for Toodle's AXISdapter.

Hmm, that sounds good. I myself am going to follow ShinJN's wiring and use lego 1x1 round pieces as spacers. I'll have to find a way to secure the SIXAXIS battery. I guess I could use tape, though.

[quote name='PhrostByte']So, once again I complained to amazon and once again they "hooked me up". They gave me a $10 promotional certificate.. but I think I can only use it on new orders.. can't add it to my existing TE like the $20 code they sent me. And now my delivery date is the 29th of March.. so fucking lame.[/quote]

I would really like to know if having a ship date is better than the "We will email you when we have a date."? I saw several people today got theirs shipped.

[quote name='coltcannon']I would really like to know if having a ship date is better than the "We will email you when we have a date."? I saw several people today got theirs shipped.[/quote]

Obviously it's better.. but I would much have preferred February 29th rather than March 29th. :\

[quote name='PhrostByte']Obviously it's better.. but I would much have preferred February 29th rather than March 29th. :\[/quote]

I wasnt very specific but at least one of those people who got theirs shipped today were at the "We will email a ship date" status. No warning just a ship notice today. So who knows? :whistle2:?

So i want to mod my SFIV SE Stick and was hoping i could get some help from some of you guys. I guess i want to replace the stick with a sanwa stick, and i want it to be a bat top and i also want a octogonal restrictor plate on it. I was checking lizardlick.com but i wasnt sure what parts i needed and such and how difficult it would be to do this. So if someone could tell me which parts i needed to buy to mod my SE stick, it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

[quote name='eastx']Damn it Furashu, you are still sabotaging that third design by putting the art too high vertically.[/quote]

lol ill fix it.

[quote name='Flikman24']So i want to mod my SFIV SE Stick and was hoping i could get some help from some of you guys. I guess i want to replace the stick with a sanwa stick, and i want it to be a bat top and i also want a octogonal restrictor plate on it. I was checking lizardlick.com but i wasnt sure what parts i needed and such and how difficult it would be to do this. So if someone could tell me which parts i needed to buy to mod my SE stick, it would be much appreciated. Thanks.[/quote]

after asking this question myself like three times

u need the Sanwa JLF stick, and the 30 MM buttons

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sanwa [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] JLF-TP-8YT-SK Ball Handle Joystick, 4 & 8-Way Adjustable
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sanwa [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]OBSF-30 Pushbutton[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]supposedly three week wait time after reading a few threads..[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]folks who ordered Feb 16 got their stuff today.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]could clear up but who knows.

mgss1-1.jpg

[/FONT]

Please let it be a stick for an as of yet unannounced Darkstalkers revival using the SFIV engine...or hell, the HD revival engine.

I'm growing tired of busting out my Dreamcast with Vampire Chronicle and my Agetec stick to get a Morrigan and Felicia fixx...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back