CAG Arcade Stick Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Layd could you shift Kens face over a little away from the joystick?

*nvm its cool i'm just gonna use this one, thanks dude!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Layd Dly']Im going to try to do that, but im not sure the PCB will let it, since the left most buttons solder onto the main pcb for the stick where the other 4 buttons have there own board which i can remove all together and put them how i want to[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, you can change the layout to whatever you want. You're putting real arcade buttons in, right? Just solder wires tot he spots where the buttons go on the PCB and then solder them to whichever buttons you like.

[quote name='twanky']Hey Layd could you shift Kens face over a little away from the joystick?

*nvm its cool i'm just gonna use this one, thanks dude![/QUOTE]

If the art was wider i could other wise.

[quote name='eastx']Don't worry, you can change the layout to whatever you want. You're putting real arcade buttons in, right? Just solder wires tot he spots where the buttons go on the PCB and then solder them to whichever buttons you like.[/QUOTE]

Made a few changes.
cammy_360layout.jpg

[quote name='eastx']You should really change that layout to:

X Y LT
A B RT[/QUOTE]

even better, replace LT and RT with LB and RB if planning to use on a pc as well.

im not sure if thats acutally possible, but last i checked a pc reads the triggers as an axis and thus you cant press both at once.

[quote name='buttasuperb']even better, replace LT and RT with LB and RB if planning to use on a pc as well.

im not sure if thats acutally possible, but last i checked a pc reads the triggers as an axis and thus you cant press both at once.[/QUOTE]
Not really concerned about using it on the PC, as i have HRAP3 and 2 T.E.'s in the mail.

Just got the ship notice for my Dec. 30 amazon TE order, delivery tomorrow. Sucks it comes a day after I get terminated from my job, but I will have plenty of time to play.(when not in the bread line:cry:)

Finally started on the box today. Was first time using power tools to be honest. Still have all my fingers so a job well done, I'd say. Still haven't decided on some final artwork though. Been working on that for a few months now...

a huge thanks to amusedtoe for sending me this template. the only thing that prompted me to do this crazy project that was harder and lasted longer than I expected was the arrival of my lizardlick buttons and gate. After my initial order of Feb 17, I emailed him again 2x changing the order twice within the next 2 weeks and paying extra for the upgrades separately through paypal......... Mad props to Chad for getting it perfectly right.....

The pics speak for themselves.

The Kinko's part was really easy...full color print on a 11x17", lami-label...all for less than $6.
I also have to give props to this site for guiding me: http://jonvandalen.com/newblog/2009...or-hrap-joysticks/comment-page-1/#comment-417 Without it I would never have been able to keep track of the colors of the wires.

Can anyone post a diagram of the assembly of the JLF stick? I *think* I put it together correctly, but maybe not.....It all came apart...even the Teflon looking white thing came out and I had to put it all together again.... It feels the same as I remember it....and works fine so far.

now for the pics:

CIMG1430.jpg

CIMG1444.jpg

CIMG1446.jpg

CIMG1450.jpg

CIMG1451.jpg

CIMG1458.jpg

CIMG1459.jpg

[quote name='hyogen']a huge thanks to amusedtoe for sending me this template. the only thing that prompted me to do this crazy project that was harder and lasted longer than I expected was the arrival of my lizardlick buttons and gate. After my initial order of Feb 17, I emailed him again 2x changing the order twice within the next 2 weeks and paying extra for the upgrades separately through paypal......... Mad props to Chad for getting it perfectly right.....

The pics speak for themselves.

The Kinko's part was really easy...full color print on a 11x17", lami-label...all for less than $6.
I also have to give props to this site for guiding me: http://jonvandalen.com/newblog/2009...or-hrap-joysticks/comment-page-1/#comment-417 Without it I would never have been able to keep track of the colors of the wires.

Can anyone post a diagram of the assembly of the JLF stick? I *think* I put it together correctly, but maybe not.....It all came apart...even the Teflon looking white thing came out and I had to put it all together again.... It feels the same as I remember it....and works fine so far.
[/QUOTE]

Looks good, i still havent decided what im going to do with my HRAP 3 yet, esp with my T.E. Sticks coming Monday. Not to mention im still waiting on my Akihabara.jp order anyways.

Also came up with the Ryu artwork for my EX2 today.
ryu4_360layout.jpg

[quote name='Layd Dly']The ex2 is a decent little stick, isnt that hard to mod either, just a little soldering and de-soldering. Its a decent little stick though.[/quote]
It really does get a bad rep from people...and it definitely is a competent stick for your average player. I like mine...and have no complaints.

[quote name='rcaido']Sanwa/Seimitsu isn't for everyone...I myself enjoy American sticks...i have mine hooked up to my old SFII Hyper Fighting cabinet...

355711492.jpg

$80 360 Happs is pretty doable if you have the tools/skills to make one...$25 for happ parts + $10 Madcatz retro stick...The rest you can use on wood, plexi, paint, rubber feet, etc...[/quote]

That is badass...

[quote name='Layd Dly']Looks good, i still havent decided what im going to do with my HRAP 3 yet, esp with my T.E. Sticks coming Monday. Not to mention im still waiting on my Akihabara.jp order anyways.

Also came up with the Ryu artwork for my EX2 today.
ryu4_360layout.jpg
[/quote]

Sweet!

Hey Markman, I just got my Tournament edition stick today and I want to compliment you and Madcatz for a job well done. The sick is beautiful and works great it was definitely worth the wait.

I do have 3 questions which I hope you or a fellow cag could answer. This is the first stick I ever owned and I haven't used one in ages so I'm not sure if this is normal for the stick.

1. The black circular ring on the bottom of the joystick moves around anytime I move the joystick. If I lift it upside down it falls to the top of the stick. I just wanted to know if this was normal.

2. The ball top on the stick keeps moving around as if it coming unscrewed but it never does. I just wanted to know is that normal or is it supposed to stay idle.

3. When I hold the stick forward or backwards for more then three seconds and let go it moves back to the center but my character on screen keeps going forward or backwards as if there is a delay. The delay is only for a while but it is noticeable granted I have only tested it out on Street fighter 4. Is this normal or not.

Hi doppelgangerknight,

1) Yes this is normal.
2) This is normal too.
3) Make sure your switch setting is on DP. Sometimes when set to LS it acts wonky (this will be fixed in future shipments).

If there are any other issues, please call Mad Catz tech support. They'll help for sure.

I finally got my TE stick today...Looks like its been opened sticker on the box seem peeled & i also found some slight scratches on the white side part of my stick(both sides)...I know that some people returned their stick to Madcatz, are they fixing it & then giving these return sticks to retail stores like Best Buy?

Kind of a bumber that i waited this long & still not get a mint stick...The good thing is the stick & buttons seems to be working flawlessly for now...

[quote name='MarkMan']Hi doppelgangerknight,

1) Yes this is normal.
2) This is normal too.
3) Make sure your switch setting is on DP. Sometimes when set to LS it acts wonky (this will be fixed in future shipments).

If there are any other issues, please call Mad Catz tech support. They'll help for sure.[/quote]

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions MarkMan, luckily it seems as if my stick is in perfect condition so I have no need to contact Mad Catz just yet :).

This may be a weird question but I was wondering is there any way to purchase or get another box for my 360 tournament stick without purchasing another stick entirely. I'm just asking since my box came pretty badly damaged in shipment, and I really would like to have a mint condition box since it's so nice and I like to keep my items in pristine condition.

Thanks again for answering my other questions.

[quote name='rcaido']I finally got my TE stick today...Looks like its been opened sticker on the box seem peeled & i also found some slight scratches on the white side part of my stick(both sides)...I know that some people returned their stick to Madcatz, are they fixing it & then giving these return sticks to retail stores like Best Buy?

Kind of a bumber that i waited this long & still not get a mint stick...The good thing is the stick & buttons seems to be working flawlessly for now...[/quote]

The same thing happened to my TE stick that I just got from Best Buy. The seal's were already opened with what looked to be scissors. Thankfully my stick only had slight scratches on the panel that are only noticeable if you hold it up to the light, besides that the stick is working great. I would hope that Madcatz wouldn't do something shady like that and give Best Buy refurbished sticks.

[quote name='doppelgangerknight']Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions MarkMan, luckily it seems as if my stick is in perfect condition so I have no need to contact Mad Catz just yet :).

This may be a weird question but I was wondering is there any way to purchase or get another box for my 360 tournament stick without purchasing another stick entirely. I'm just asking since my box came pretty badly damaged in shipment, and I really would like to have a mint condition box since it's so nice and I like to keep my items in pristine condition.

Thanks again for answering my other questions.[/QUOTE]

I'll sell you mine... How much do you think is fair? I can check its condition in a few hours.

I got a octo gate from LL a few days ago and I put it on my SE stick and for some reason, I could not do angled jumps easily. Is this by design or is there something wrong with the gate or could it be the orientation of it?

[quote name='ronaldhennessy']I got a octo gate from LL a few days ago and I put it on my SE stick and for some reason, I could not do angled jumps easily. Is this by design or is there something wrong with the gate or could it be the orientation of it?[/QUOTE]

are you using the crappy mad catz joystick? i swapped the stick on my SE with a Sanwa and an octo gate and it works flawlessly.

[quote name='anubis20']are you using the crappy mad catz joystick? i swapped the stick on my SE with a Sanwa and an octo gate and it works flawlessly.[/quote]

Yes, sadly. I wanted to try it out before I get mine shipped from LL. It was very hard to get on and even harder to get if off. I figured it would work w/ that stick since they are similar, but I guess not. Once I put the square gate back on, I was able to make angled jumps.

[quote name='doppelgangerknight']The same thing happened to my TE stick that I just got from Best Buy. The seal's were already opened with what looked to be scissors. Thankfully my stick only had slight scratches on the panel that are only noticeable if you hold it up to the light, besides that the stick is working great. I would hope that Madcatz wouldn't do something shady like that and give Best Buy refurbished sticks.[/quote]

Man i got mine from Best Buy too & this was yesterday...This is pretty damn shady if they are doing this...I'll post up pics later...

Talked to Madcatz after waiting almost 3 weeks since I sent in my stick. Aparently they are out of parts and are waiting for a shipment. For $80 this is ridiculous. My other stick is waiting on parts from Lizard Lick, which is also going on 3 weeks now. I'm sad....

Ok i tried taking pics of the white are but its really hard to capture the scratches but here are pics of the face plate, i didn't notice there were so many scratches...

358066435.jpg

358066423.jpg

358066422.jpg

This isn't acceptable...Especially since i had to wait forever & cost about $170...Also the turbo button is slanted as you can see in the photo or is it suppose to be like this?

Been banging the hell out of my TE since I got it earlier today and it looks and feels great, no scratches to speak of. Anyone want to buy an EX2? :D

Fiiiiinally getting something I am happy with for my stick. Spent 3 hours playing with the clouds, then discovered brush editing, trashed the old shit and made that in 15 mins. Looks 15x better too. Opinions from the art guys (ReRo, Nil)? I just don't like the text 100% for now, ideas anyone? Heres a screen shot at 25%. Full PSD is 30Meg :(

Jest the text needs to be a little farther to the right, so that it's centered between the drawing and the right border. Otherwise it's very classy!

Hmm... I seem to be having a bit of a problem with my T5 stick. I use a PS2 adapter (of course) and test it, only 0.12ms of lag. Yet, in SFIV, for some reason, at times it seems to want to complete ignore me pressing the attack button while holding the stick in a direction. For example, with Bison's Jump HP, HP then Psycho crusher, it won't register the standing HP and instead I'll just end up going backwards. I jump then immediately hold back (and continue to), press HP then when I try to press HP while standing, it won't, instead I'll just start going back. If I hit HP again though while going back it'll work. It only happens sometimes too but it's making it impossible for me to do that combo.

Could it be the stick? adapter? what? I've never had any problems using it on my PS2 (duh) but on my PS3 with the adapter, it's a different story. Any suggestions guys?

... Generic Radioshack :whistle2:#

I'll take a picture of it if you'd like.

EDIT: Checked your site and it's none of the converters you have listed.

[quote name='distgfx']... Generic Radioshack :whistle2:#

I'll take a picture of it if you'd like.

EDIT: Checked your site and it's none of the converters you have listed.[/quote]

It's your converter :/

Is it the blue or black one?

Either way, that one has issues with digital only PCBs.

So I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to recharge my wireless sixaxis in my T5 stick without opening up the case every time I have to. What do people usually buy to extend the cable? And can someone post a link please? Thanks.

[quote name='MusicNoteLess']So I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to recharge my wireless sixaxis in my T5 stick without opening up the case every time I have to. What do people usually buy to extend the cable? And can someone post a link please? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

i got this http://www.markertek.com/Product.as...at=DATACON&prodClass=USBAD&mfg=&search=0&off= shipping is rape from there though maybe you can find it somewhere else. Installing it will mean cutting though.
I haven't done my wireless mod yet though, waiting on lizardlick.

[quote name='Razzuel']You cannot use what? Is the image too small or are you saving it as a image file that uses compression?

There are techniques in Photoshop to increase the size of a picture without reducing the quality, albeit I don't remember how to do it. However, I am sure there are some good tutorials out there. If that is not the case then you should save the image as a PNG file, which uses lossless data compression.

I mean it is a shame if you cannot use that art; something like that shouldn't go to waste.[/QUOTE]

here's a tutorial for vectorizing art in illustrator http://www.arcadecontrols.com/files/Miscellaneous/VectorTutorial_v1_2.zip

and if you only have photoshop, you can try a plugin called genuine fractals pro for resizing its mad moneyz but you know...

[quote name='MarkMan']It's your converter :/

Is it the blue or black one?

Either way, that one has issues with digital only PCBs.[/quote]

Black one and bummer... well, considering I can't afford a pelican, what would be the best option for me? From your site, it looks like these two are good and readily available:

inPin PLAY CONVERTER
The Ant Commandos Universal PS2 to PS3 Converter

Should one of those two suffice or do you have another suggestion that won't break the bank?

[quote name='MarkMan']inPin all the way.

TAC has slight lag, I wouldn't go that route.[/quote]

inPin it is, just contacted laugh, thanks for the help.

[quote name='eastx']MusicNote you can't find a USB extension cable on your own?[/quote]

I figured it would be an extension cable. I just wanted somebody to confirm it before I ordered something that might not work. ;)

[quote name='distgfx']inPin it is, just contacted laugh, thanks for the help.[/QUOTE]

i think laugh said he doesnt have an ETA on when he's gonna be able to get more inpins and theres a waiting list already, he mentioned another converter that is lagless that he might be able to get though

[quote name='Milkyman']i think laugh said he doesnt have an ETA on when he's gonna be able to get more inpins and theres a waiting list already, he mentioned another converter that is lagless that he might be able to get though[/quote]

Uh oh... that could be a problem... guess I'll have to turn towards getting an actual PS3 stick :whistle2:k

I don't think I want to risk another converter, mine's lagless too. Though, as MarkMan mentioned, it has its fair share of problems.

EDIT: Anybody know of a lagless converter that works perfectly with both digital and analog? Doesn't need to be spiffy, have a home button, etc. Just needs to work and be readily available, preferably off a site.

EDIT #2: After searching for a bit, I came across a recommendation at SRK for a converter made by Sumoto. It's supposedly a pretty good one as mentioned in this post:

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showpost.php?p=6291820&postcount=2581

Opinions?

[quote name='MarkMan']I haven't tested the HAIS one personally, but I hear nothing but good things about it.[/quote]

Purchased, I saw nothing but good things about it too. Didn't see any data from it being run through a lag check. I can use SRK's input lag tester to get some numbers but I don't have anything I can use to test it out on the PS3. I can post the results if anyone's interested.

Anyway, thanks MarkMan! The fact this has a home button already makes it ten times better than my current shitty one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back