CAG Arcade Stick Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished my second custom stick, it's a wireless T5 for the PS3. I really didn't want to mess with the artwork right now. I used the last remaining parts that i have which where a Sanwa JLF and some Seimitsu buttons, i also mounted the home button in the back.

DSC05019-1.jpg

DSC05020.jpg

DSC05033.jpg

[quote name='anubis20']Just finished my second custom stick, it's a wireless T5 for the PS3. I really didn't want to mess with the artwork right now. I used the last remaining parts that i have which where a Sanwa JLF and some Seimitsu buttons, i also mounted the home button in the back.

[/QUOTE]

Looks great man, i would love to make my HRAP3 Wireless but wont, maybe if i can ever pick up a T5 or HRAP 2 i might do the same thing. :applause:

[quote name='anubis20']Just finished my second custom stick, it's a wireless T5 for the PS3. I really didn't want to mess with the artwork right now. I used the last remaining parts that i have which where a Sanwa JLF and some Seimitsu buttons, i also mounted the home button in the back. [/quote]

I bow before your modding skills. :bow:

That stick looks so good... :drool:

thanks guys, modding the case the biggest PITA, wiring and everything was piece of cake, once lizardlick opens back up i might change the color of the buttons although im kinda digging this color scheme

I posted this in my blog, but here it is again for this topic.

3354686317_79f43a0651.jpg

3354686343_c277205e48.jpg

3355508058_9e2595be2b.jpg

3355508086_2d4b5ff09a.jpg

3355508110_b3e33d1111.jpg

3355508152_e39bab175d.jpg

3355507964_66856ac902.jpg

And a link back to the page in case you wanted to see the full sizes of those pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/34425096@N07/sets/72157615209824005/detail/

Street Fighter light punch and Neo Geo A button are wired in parallel. I'm going to add a switch to disable one or the other somewhere down the line. I'm using the start, select, and analog/home buttons on the original controller for the time being. I used Happ parts. Overall, this thing kicks butt!

[quote name='eastx']Umm, why did you not remove the PCB from its shell?[/QUOTE]

I didn't have anything else to put it in, and I didn't feel like reinventing the wheel. All the enclosure I need was provided with the controller.

The PCB just goes in the arcade stick's case, dude. They always have screw holes which you can use to hold it down. What's going to hold that controller in place when you move your stick around?

[quote name='eastx']The PCB just goes in the arcade stick's case, dude. They always have screw holes which you can use to hold it down. What's going to hold that controller in place when you move your stick around?[/QUOTE]

What I've got here is actually four PCBs, and I didn't want anything shorting out. (Yes, four. this controller was weird. I can strip it down to one, though.) The controller was all set up to handle it, so I figured I'd just use what it came with for now. It's still a work in progress.

And what's holding it? Not much right now! :lol:

I've got grand plans for this joystick, too. It's not just going to be a PS2 stick. I'm going to wire up the stick to some sort of port and run a cable to modules containing various different controllers for different systems. Slapping a PCB inside it isn't going to work for me.

Ah. Project boxes are a fine way to do things if you want to use it with a ton of consoles. So as a temporary solution, not mounting it's not bad.

[quote name='Layd Dly']Looks great man, i would love to make my HRAP3 Wireless but wont, maybe if i can ever pick up a T5 or HRAP 2 i might do the same thing. :applause:[/QUOTE]

That was my original plan, I wanted an HRAP 2, i like my arcade stick to look stock but be completely different on the inside, so i thought the HRAP look would be perfect but i could not find one cheap, they're going for $149 plus on ebay, so i remebered the T5 uses the same case so thats how i ended up doing this one.

[quote name='blitz6speed']anubis20, you win this thread.

AWESOME![/QUOTE]

Thanks man :D

IMG_0323-1-1.jpg

Here's my stick I completed a few days ago. You may have seen it on SRK. I picked this particular work of art cuz I was lucky to be able to see this in person last summer and it was mindblowingly amazing. The stick gets mixed reactions from people when they see it. Usually, older people dig it and the young ones are like "there's penis all over it, that's gay". I thought it came out nice though, esp God's face.

[quote name='sosodead']
Here's my stick I completed a few days ago. You may have seen it on SRK. I picked this particular work of art cuz I was lucky to be able to see this in person last summer and it was mindblowingly amazing. The stick gets mixed reactions from people when they see it. Usually, older people dig it and the young ones are like "there's penis all over it, that's gay". I thought it came out nice though, esp God's face.[/QUOTE]

Cool choice of artwork! I'd love a Starry Night stick, myself.
What's up with the right two buttons?

Norris Arcade Sticks makes me want to kill puppies :bomb: I've battled through 3 restocking updates now with nothing to show for it. :cry:

sosodead, that is possibly the most awesome idea for arcade stick artwork that I've ever seen. Kudos! :applause:

[quote name='buttasuperb']i think i managed to get a norris painted stick

this one: http://www.norrisarcadesticks.com/product_p/paint_108.htm

im gonna make it a ps3 stick using a Cthulhu

unfortunately both lizardlick and akihabara shop arent taking orders for a while.[/quote]

I have the opposite problem. I've got my Cthulhu but no Norris! :roll:

You should go to http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=162026, the official Cthulhu board thread on SRK and order directly from Toodles. He's super-awesome and very helpful. Be sure to read the OP first for all the details.

[quote name='OtakuFerret']I have the opposite problem. I've got my Cthulhu but no Norris! :roll:

You should go to http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=162026, the official Cthulhu board thread on SRK and order directly from Toodles. He's super-awesome and very helpful. Be sure to read the OP first for all the details.[/QUOTE]

that'll work, but i also need to get buttons and a stick.

i read through that link a bit and noticed the multi console cthulhu. that one is solderless as well correct?

i also noticed this: http://www.instructables.com/id/S0JIOVRFRD86FD2/

if im reading this correct, i can just buy one of these and also use it with my xbox? if so that is awesome, and i can sell my xbox stick to make this project cheaper.

[quote name='buttasuperb']that'll work, but i also need to get buttons and a stick.

i read through that link a bit and noticed the multi console cthulhu. that one is solderless as well correct?

i also noticed this: http://www.instructables.com/id/S0JIOVRFRD86FD2/

if im reading this correct, i can just buy one of these and also use it with my xbox? if so that is awesome, and i can sell my xbox stick to make this project cheaper.[/quote]

The MC Cthulhu does come in a preassembled version (like the regular Cthulhu), but might still require some soldering for various cables (depending on which systems you want to make your stick compatible with.) Obviously, a custom stick with PS3/PC/Xbox/GC/PS2 compatibility is going to have a lot of cables hanging out the back (hence the Cthulhu name for the board.) Search through the more recent entries in the thread for details and discussion on the MC Cthulhu installation and what solutions some users have come up with.

[quote name='buttasuperb']i think i managed to get a norris painted stick

this one: http://www.norrisarcadesticks.com/product_p/paint_108.htm

im gonna make it a ps3 stick using a Cthulhu

unfortunately both lizardlick and akihabara shop arent taking orders for a while.[/QUOTE]

contact laugh on SRK, he said he's got plenty of JLFs and buttons but only in one color.
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=174859

looks like he sells the jlf without mounting plate, but you might be able to pick one up from somewhere else.

so i called kinkos and...
they told me its $8 to do Lami-labeling..... and like $4 to do just the print.

i thought someone said it was like $8 Total for 2 prints?

[quote name='amusedtoe']For two prints it was 3.56 and for two lamilabels it was 3.98 before tax so I'd assume 3.56 + 3.98 = 7.54 / 2 = 3.77. I've heard people say they've payed as much as $7 total for one print so might want to bring a couple dollars extra just in case. Personally I like getting a second copy made when I'm working on something like this so I can fuck the first one up and got a backup.
.[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='coolsteel']T.E stick for both the 360 and ps3?[/QUOTE]

Both are PS3, havent had the chance to buy a 360 version yet, would like to find a 360 TE ot at least a HRAP SE though.

[quote name='Furashu']so i called kinkos and...
they told me its $8 to do Lami-labeling..... and like $4 to do just the print.

i thought someone said it was like $8 Total for 2 prints?[/quote]

They are BSing you. It costs less than a dollar to print using Color Laser 32lb. The lami-label costs 4$ per. Call again till someone else who knows what the hell they are doing picks up.

[quote name='Furashu']yeah the girl was like it costs $8 to do tabloid lami-label.

for lami-label it has an adhesive back right?[/quote]

It cost me $8 something when i did my crappy stick art for my T5...I did a bad job in cutting it & also had a lot of air bubbles, didn't know that you can ask Kinkos guy to do it again...

353339728.jpg

Oh hell nah....

That's the most bad ass man of the end of the century's savior.... KENSHIRO of Hokuto no Ken/Fist of the North Star!

Did anyone like me got desperate and bought a TE off of eBay? I did and paid $250 for it (w/ free shipping). The order that I had on Best Buy that was canceled was north of $200. Driving all around to find this thing in stores wasting gas and/or buying one online w/ shipping and tax added will probably equal the inflated cost I paid for it (or at least most of the cost).

Does anyone want to buy a 360 SE stick btw? I might sell it with the bat top I added on it. Meant to add sanwa buttons but LL is out of them for now.

The Kinko's store down here in East LA charges $4 per sheet for the SE template. I'm thinking the TE one would probably cost more since it's larger, which explains the $8 per sheet.

[quote name='Dandeschain']Would it be fairly easy to dual mod a Hori PS3 FS3? i have some wire and an 360 pcb. What else do I need?[/quote]

Not really. The PCB that is in there is huge. After I put in Seimitsu's the PCB actually touched the bottom plate in some places. If you haven't modded the buttons and joystick do it at the same time if you attempt this. You need to so some griding down of the plastic and metal to fit in a different joystick. Modding the buttons was a fairly easy process, I scrweed up 2 buttons though so I had to rewire triangle and L1 to R2 and L2. To have room to fit everything it would be best to use a Cthulhu pcb, since its so small.

[quote name='Jest']Not really. The PCB that is in there is huge. After I put in Seimitsu's the PCB actually touched the bottom plate in some places. If you haven't modded the buttons and joystick do it at the same time if you attempt this. You need to so some griding down of the plastic and metal to fit in a different joystick. Modding the buttons was a fairly easy process, I scrweed up 2 buttons though so I had to rewire triangle and L1 to R2 and L2. To have room to fit everything it would be best to use a Cthulhu pcb, since its so small.[/QUOTE]
Jest is right. I tried the dual mod and it worked... for a little while. Then buttons would simply be bursting out since there was barely any space in the case. And many times I would have to inspect it for buttons and inputs shorting together. Honestly it was more trouble than it was worth. Please avoid it if you can.

Someone on SRK requested a Misa Campo fighstick template so I made one, anyone interested? I'd like to see this on a stick but i don't have an SE

3369767436_a364a92cbb_b.jpg

Thats a sick brush set.

---

Going to finish the box for my custom finally. Hopefully this acrylic doesn't get fucked up. I've been waiting too long for a good stick.

is there a good website with templates for new art work on SF4 TE sticks... also where can i find a good Octagon plate for my TE stick... and how hard is it to switch out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back