CAG Arcade Stick Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='anubis20']I think a mesh ball top would probably work well with that template

mesh.jpg
[/QUOTE]

You love whoring out those balls

Welcome to the arcade stick thread oh great dv8mad, creater of the dv8mad low-ball sale!

I wish they made Smoke PS-14-KNs.

I still don't get what a low ball sale is.. I went to his trading thread and he seemed to have reasonable offers for most of the games.

[quote name='PhrostByte']I still don't get what a low ball sale is.. I went to his trading thread and he seemed to have reasonable offers for most of the games.[/QUOTE]

Kind of like an auction. He puts up a bunch of items with a minimum of $1 and a set shipping price. People bid on them by a 50 cent minimum bid increment and usually ends at a random time within a 1 hour to 30 minute span.

[quote name='PhrostByte']I still don't get what a low ball sale is.. I went to his trading thread and he seemed to have reasonable offers for most of the games.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, luckily I have a good amount of support!
Don't worry though PhrostByte, I have sold my fair share of expensive items for half price or less in previous lowballs.

Actually, in the last sale, one item went for just over half price and I expected it to do better.
:psp: Ikki Tousen Eloquent Fist LE Boxset - JP (Region Free) - All Accessories still New/Sealed - refusedchaos - $53

Basically, a lowball sale is this; If I get an offer of a dollar for something that I think I should get $20 for, doesn't matter, I sell it for $1. Sometimes people get lucky and not many people bid on the item(s) they want.

THREAD HIJACK OVER!

So, it looks like I have the ball and the big buttons chosen. How about those smaller buttons?

[quote name='rcaido']Anybody know where i can pick this up?

joy046.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I can assure you its not worth picking up, but if you still plan on picking it up I would suggest scouring craigslist or ebay.

I'm just full of useful information!

Gee thanks...Yeah im building a cocktail cabinet & was going to mount this to it. Cheap & smaller then the x-arcade. So if anyone here has it or know where i can get it hook me up with a pm.

Some pickups today...

3561168575_a00537d2e8.jpg

Got two SFAC sticks for $30 each and two Exar Neo Geo 2 sticks new for about $100. Great deal! I never expected to find these today lol.

Wtf Mark. Where the hell did you find them for so cheap. The boxes look mint, what kind of shape are the sticks in. I am a little jealous:joystick:. You should post an update some time of your stick collection. It's been awhile.

There was a user on shmups.system11.org that had a nice selection of Neo Geo sticks.I bet he got those from him. I bought one Neo GeoStick 2 and was thinking about buying the second he had but it was sold along with the MotW stick he had.Coincidence? I doubt it.

I love those Neo Geo sticks. The short throw on the stick is awesome.

[quote name='dv8mad']I hope those aren't the only acceptable ways, because I never thought about it before, but after watching and then looking at my own grip, I don't use any of those.[/QUOTE]

I don't use any of them either, you don't have to use the ones he demonstrated. There is no acceptable way, just hold it whatever way works for you.

[quote name='dv8mad']I hope those aren't the only acceptable ways, because I never thought about it before, but after watching and then looking at my own grip, I don't use any of those.[/QUOTE]

i'm with you, dont use any of those

What do the pros usually use? The wine glass? Good video. I was using the Grip of Doom but it didn't work well with charge characters. Hell I'm still having a hard time with any method for charge characters since Is switched to the stick, but everything in general is a lot easier. I guess I gota practice with Balrog more.

[quote name='rcaido']Gee thanks...Yeah im building a cocktail cabinet & was going to mount this to it. Cheap & smaller then the x-arcade. So if anyone here has it or know where i can get it hook me up with a pm.[/QUOTE]
It would take a bit more work, but I think you'd be better off getting one of Lizard Lick's control panels if you're going for a scheme like that. Shouldn't be too hard to get that into a cabinet, and there won't be any unnecessary electronics getting in the way of your button signals.

So I was playing distgfx in SFIV today and my stick stopped working completely... the buttons still work but I can't move in any direction. This is bullshit.. I've had the stick for less than 3 fucking months! I'm on hold with Mad Catz right now. :\

I've become a big fan of the Neo Geo stick and found that the Seimitsu LS-40 is the closest in tension and throw. Does anyone know if the LS-40-01 can be easily mounted in a US HRAP3? Thanks in advance.

[quote name='nil']Does anyone know if the LS-40-01 can be easily mounted in a US HRAP3? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]No, since you'll need to use the s-plate for the ls-40.

It's okay Mark, we all know your the one to go to for real info on sticks. Oh and if you haven't done so already don't watch the video review with Ryan and random " whothehellamiguy " its punch a baby bad.

[quote name='rcaido']Anybody know where i can pick this up?

joy046.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I have one of those. On the off chance you're local (CT), I'd sell you mine if you wanted.

They are as good as they always have been. The loose washer problem was reported to only be a small percent, and MC will fix it if you happen to get one so I would not worry about it.

So I ended up having another eBay problem again (sigh) this time I won a DOA4 Arcade Stick for 360 for under $48 bones, not bad for a "hardly used" stick right? Well wrong as usual. One of the buttons was not responding AT ALL and once my character decided to move on his own and I couldn't do anything (wtf?) which happened briefly but never again. Anyways since my dad knows about sodering and what not I took it to him, looks like inside the stick one of the chips/pcb broke where the button is suppose to send It's "signal" from and he's going to try to fix it. Man the Hori looks like a bitch to mod, but if this can be fixed it will be my side/backup stick when I'm not using my TE (Which works great since I replaced the break away cable, never had ANY issues after many hours of use) after you replace the breakaway cable for the TE It's pretty flawless.

Finally got my new stuff installed, now i need to order some plexi covers from arthong for my TE's.

Click Image for Full-Size

PS3 T.E. - Black Meshball, All Black Sanwa Buttons

360 T.E. - Hai Meshball, White and White/Hai Sanwa Buttons

360 S.E. - JLF Stick w\ Orange Balltop, Sanwa Orange/White Buttons

EX2 - Stock Stick from SFIV S.E., Sanwa Buttons, Have White Mesh ball but need to swap out shaft as threading is different.

The Collection

[quote name='eastx']Layd, I'd be happy to dual mod those 360 SF4 arcade sticks of yours (adding PS3 support). Or anybody's, really. :)[/QUOTE]

How much does it cost to do that? I maybe looking for your service down the line. I'm pretty sure you're the one with the bomberman stick I seen.

And LayD I'm also gonna go to Art for some plexi's and template cuts. I don't know if you checked his site recently but it is down for the next week. He also has new Plexi's that cover the whole top of the TE stick. And another one that covers up to the red trim replacing it. He said he will be making new photoshop templates for those, so you may want to wait.

Here's mine:
Clear white ball with Clear Seimitsus
TEw-Seimitsus.jpg

Jest yes, everything is pretty much the same, except that you'll have to add resistors to the triggers on the Madcatz PCB if you want to use those buttons.

Greyzie I am indeed the Bomberman stick maker. Here's how me dual-modding someone's stick works: he sends me the SF4 stick's main PCB, the Cthulhu/MC Cthulhu, and Imp board. Then I wire them all together and send it back with instructions of where to mount each board. Or people can send the whole stick if they don't mind the extra shipping costs. The cost of the mod (excluding the boards, which the buyer is responsible for) is $70.

My SRK sales thread: http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=184787

I got my artwork and plexi from Art a week and a half ago, really satisfied with how it came out. His new plexis look pretty nice too, would have possibly waited for one of those but I ordered a few weeks before he announced them.

Installed my Seimitsus from Lizard Lick a few days ago and I also spray painted my bezel black.

Wow that looks so sweet^

Is there a guide to changing the te stick to change the background picture. I want to put a picture of rose.

Almost done modding my PS3 stick. I bought a used Lazeeya custom stick on SRK. I just need to adjust the tension on the JLF and it'll be done. All I did was change the buttons, art, spring tension, and balltop. Oh yeah, if you've seen something similar it's because I was a little lazy and kinda copied one of Brydo's stick.

p1040764a.jpg

Here's the inside...remember I didn't do the actual wiring:
p1040754i.jpg

Nice sticks guys. Here's another Akiha themed stick. Another NAS case. I have to admit, my staining job was not as good on this one. Still testing it out (aka playing with it), but the wiring is pretty much the same, Axisdapter and whatnot.

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone is still waiting to order Sanwa JLF-TP-8YT-SK joysticks and OBSF-30 buttons, I just found a nice listing on ebay for a green stick and 8 green buttons for $57 (which would be the same price as ordering from lizardlick, with shipping).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=260420273930

%21BTcjgT%21%212k%7E$%28KGrHgoH-CUEjlLlvzuyBKIko16TGg%7E%7E_35.JPG

I ordered these for my SF SE stick which is on its way from Amazon. I was actually considering Green anyway, although I would have mixed in some orange.

By the way Amazon still has PS3 SE sticks in stock, I can't believe it.

My TE pre-order from Capcom from January 27th still hasn't shipped.

Ps3 stick are not hard to find at all and the demand for them is so much less. Still i might order one with 10% off with eca to use it at an upcoming tourny thats ps3 run it sucks its not xbox run or id used my te stick.

[quote name='s2k']Ps3 stick are not hard to find at all and the demand for them is so much less. Still i might order one with 10% off with eca to use it at an upcoming tourny thats ps3 run it sucks its not xbox run or id used my te stick.[/QUOTE]

Hah, speak for yourself, when I was trying to get a TE for the PS3 I could only find 360 ones. The SE is easier to find on the PS3 though, I'll admit that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back