CAG bottom feeders in the news for scamming walmart

Lol you people bitch for years about Wal-Mart not price matching online then they decide to test it out and this happens. Yeah, this will be about the only time they ever decide to do this and if they do it again trust me they'll have so many rules and processes no one will want to do it. The funny thing is about this these sort of price matches require overrides by management as they are significantly lower (they go by a percentage, if it's big management has to be called to the register to verify it, basically to make sure it's not some shady shit going on) so all the people that pulled this maneuver should have had to deal with salaried management. My mother has worked for them for over 15 years now and honestly it probably wasn't any employees/management being dumb (well, there was likely a few cases of that) as if you know how the company operates now you'd know they keep their employees and management under so much pressure due to their rules and insistence to bow down to the customer's every demand that everyone there is afraid to do the wrong thing.

When I've price-matched Amazon, my Walmart always checks that it is actually Amazon selling the item, and not a 3rd party vendor. I'm going to have to put at least some of the blame on poorly-trained Walmart employees.

I read it was Slick Deals that originated it...I also thought they were $49...

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice - we made the news!!

Also, since Kotaku gave a step-by-step with pictures on how to do it yesterday I've seen alot more fake Amazon ads pop up for the PS4 and the WiiU.

Obviously the people doing this are 100% in the wrong, Wal-Mart should've anticipated the scum coming out to rip them off. People love stealing if they can. Think they are sticking it to the man. If stores didn't have cameras and security tags then nothing would be left that wasn't nailed down.

Loophole was found and people took advantage. Not Guilty! :lol:

People must have a shitload of toast for all that jelly.

I don't think people are jealous since it is still going on now and people are still trying it.

If I would be embarassed to tell my family if I did it, then I just wouldn't bother.

People are just striaght up tricking the workers and stealing. It's like when people try to scam cashiers out of an extra money. Doing something slightly complex like asking three 20, three 10's and four 5's for their hundreed. Because the cashier gives you the money it doesn't mean you aren't a pile of poo.

People shouldn't be surprised though - lots of bad eggs out there.

God, the reporting from CNBC is such bullshit. "How does this cast Amazon in a negative light? And what type of PR nightmare is it for them?"

The response: "Well, they need to verify their listings and make sure the products are accurate."

Well, ya know...they do have that whole A-Z scam prevention policy where if you buy something and you don't receive it, you get a full refund, no questions asked. But they don't have a whole lot of control over somebody seeing a questionable marketplace listing (from a seller with no feedback and a brand new account, I'm sure) and tricking another store into honoring that price.

If Wal-Mart doesn't have the awareness to only match items SOLD BY AMAZON (or geez...at the very least, fulfilled by Amazon), how in the hell is that Amazon's fault?

Considering people are doing this with a screenshot of the page, the $90 listing doesn't really need to even exist. That's what Photoshop is for. If the store isn't going to bother verifying it, somebody could change it to whatever price they want. They might as well match eBay, Craigslist, and yard sale prices at that point.

Such stupid reporting from more ignorant "journalists".

God, the reporting from CNBC is such bullshit. "How does this cast Amazon in a negative light? And what type of PR nightmare is it for them?"

The response: "Well, they need to verify their listings and make sure the products are accurate."

Well, ya know...they do have that whole A-Z scam prevention policy where if you buy something and you don't receive it, you get a full refund, no questions asked. But they don't have a whole lot of control over somebody seeing a questionable marketplace listing (from a seller with no feedback and a brand new account, I'm sure) and tricking another store into honoring that price.

If Wal-Mart doesn't have the awareness to only match items SOLD BY AMAZON (or geez...at the very least, fulfilled by Amazon), how in the hell is that Amazon's fault?

Considering people are doing this with a screenshot of the page, the $90 listing doesn't really need to even exist. That's what Photoshop is for. If the store isn't going to bother verifying it, somebody could change it to whatever price they want. They might as well match eBay, Craigslist, and yard sale prices at that point.

Such stupid reporting from more ignorant "journalists".
From what I understand I do think Wal-Mart actually checks the page exists and to add to cart (or at least they are supposed to).

I do like the few posts in the beggining of all this of people being like "Score - I bought a 100 dollar PS4 on Amazon", and then they are sad when it gets cancelled after the scammer has his ill gotten goods.

I think I might start buying 200 of them from the scammers when I see them pop up. That way they will have to now file the 1099 they get in the mail. Even though they will refund it right back they will still get the tax document, that way they will at least have to deal with the IRS.

From what I understand I do think Wal-Mart actually checks the page exists and to add to cart (or at least they are supposed to).
Well, yeah. That's basically common sense. That's why it's so frustrating seeing "the people we get our information from" posing question like "Hmm...how do we prevent this from happening?" Well, gee, I don't know...try not being fucking retarded. I mean, yeah...I guess you could make an argument for the cashiers just not giving a shit...but unless Wal Mart has changed things and given cashiers way more power than they ever should have, a price match that big would need approval anyway.

So, there should be multiple "firewalls" here to prevent crap like this from happening. But let's not focus on that. Let's focus on how Amazon is causing Wal-Mart to be scammed. That makes for a better headline. And again, these are the people that a good chunk of our society gets their information from. In the words of the world's greatest evil genius...

WHY-MUST-I.jpg

sad that people resorted to this, just as sad that walmarts was doing it. as i read a bit ago they have put a stop to that wonder how many people got them at that steal then turn around as a gift take back to other stores and profit bunch of money

Well they were probably ill prepared because didn't they just start price matching online? I honestly don't shop at Wal-Mart but I thought I saw the discussion on here they just started doing online price matching like 3 days ago so I'm guessing the cashiers were not trained on making sure that it is an official Amazon listing and not a 3rd party.

When I've price-matched Amazon, my Walmart always checks that it is actually Amazon selling the item, and not a 3rd party vendor. I'm going to have to put at least some of the blame on poorly-trained Walmart employees.
Worse, a manager has to approve overrides of that level. It's not even the part time minimum wage employees who screwed up. It's management.

Well they were probably ill prepared because didn't they just start price matching online? I honestly don't shop at Wal-Mart but I thought I saw the discussion on here they just started doing online price matching like 3 days ago so I'm guessing the cashiers were not trained on making sure that it is an official Amazon listing and not a 3rd party.
Worse, a manager has to approve overrides of that level. It's not even the part time minimum wage employees who screwed up. It's management.
Exactly. I have NEVER seen a 75% or $300 price override done without manager approval (and my wife worked as a CSM for 5 years). I remember back when Best Buy had the Back to the Future blu-ray trilogy on sale for $20 (down from $60 or something), and I asked them to price match it...it took like 30 freaking minutes because even after calling a manager over, they still couldn't believe it was real. Even after pulling up the website and both of them seeing the price, there was hesitation because the difference in the prices was so much (ie. 66% off).

How in the hell a $300 markdown goes through multiple employees without raising suspicions I have no idea. This isn't a "Price Matching Amazon" story. This is a "Wal-Mart Got Scammed" story. It's not the first. And it won't be the last.

There's nothing wrong with lying or even stealing to get a good deal.

Source: Slickdeals.com FAQ On Getting Slick Deals

There's nothing wrong with lying or even stealing to get a good deal.

Source: Slickdeals.com FAQ On Getting Slick Deals
i am even more surprise walmart isn't taking slickdeals to court, seeing as slickdeals.net is actually a big company.

The blame lies in management for overriding the system without verification.  When I tried to PM a cover for my bed to save 10 bucks, it took 20 mins for a manager to get his butt away from a conversation with 2 other managers standing around then another 10 minutes of just having him scrutinize the price to make sure it's legit.  I just find it stupid that people are posting tweets and pictures of the location and serial numbers of ps4 just to brag about it.   Sony isn't going to ban them from the network... now I am sure there are idiots out there two bought two and are planning on returning the other for 100% credit or selling it on ebay to make *mad money*.  I don't blame amazon at all.  They did nothing wrong.  

I didn't even know about this until yesterday but remember the first thing everyone noticed on the policy when it was announced was that it said the manager had final say on price match.

Somebody is gotta get a 'splainin to.

For what it's worth, to all of those blaming hourly or low-level management, the original policy that was released by corporate said that stores were to price match "Marketplace" sellers, even items listed for one cent (with a note that these items would be limited to one per customer).

It's not store employees that messed this up - it's folks who don't know how the internet works.

bread's done
Back