CAG Burnout Paradise PS3 Night [6/14 @ 3PM - 9PM EDT ]

So with Criterion's announcement (via their twitter) that the Legendary Cars are coming out this month (Meaning this week or next) I've decided that the Sunday after that happens (Either February 22nd or March 1st) I'll be holding the Legendary Cars Burnout Afternoon Event @ 6pm est on that Sunday.

No idea what it'll entail though, but I'm sort of going through all the Challenges (Timed and Freeburn) and marking off which areas they are in, so that way we can do more Challenges in a short amount of time. The other day while doing some 2 player challenges, it got REALLY tedious to go from White Mountain to Big Surf Beach back to Ridge Way, back to the Waterfront then back to Dead Man's Edge.

EDIT: SCRATCH what I said about March 1st. We're doing it THIS SUNDAY! The Legendary Cars will be available the 19th!

[quote name='KingBroly']
EDIT: SCRATCH what I said about March 1st. We're doing it THIS SUNDAY! The Legendary Cars will be available the 19th![/QUOTE]

Sweetness! Count me in for that. Can't wait to drive the 'KIT' car. I wonder how the floating delorian will handle.

[quote name='tenchi']Sadly the new paint doesn't help my stunt skills nor my sense of direction.[/quote]

Amen to that. It's like the blind leading the blind when I follow you around Paradise City. :lol:

Fun times last night. Sorry I had to hop out. Burnout used to never make me sick, but both times I've played it since doing the update patch have set-off my simulation sickness. I wonder if there is any way that Sony would let me take the patch off if this continues?

I have yet to really play this game online but have sunk about 15 hours into it.

Sooooo, if anyone wants to add me that plays this online. Do it.

Yeah, I didn't really intend for it to be a CAG night. Mainly I was trying to help GodlyOne get the 10 Timed Challenges trophy, but people started showing up and one thing led to another... :lol:

Sunday @ 6pm EST
Burnout Legendary Cars Night
3-5 Freeburn Challenges then Timed Challenges

Since people seem to be up in arms over the DLC pricing, especially for the DeLorean, it will not be a requirement that you use a Legendary Car. BUT if you buy the pack, you have to use a Legendary Car (It's the Honor System, folks!). Me though, I'm going to be using the Ecto-1.

cool. I'll be there. As much as I love the delorean. I'm going to be using the KIT car since that was my nick name through most of school. :)

[quote name='cartman58']Amen to that. It's like the blind leading the blind when I follow you around Paradise City. :lol:

Fun times last night. Sorry I had to hop out. Burnout used to never make me sick, but both times I've played it since doing the update patch have set-off my simulation sickness. I wonder if there is any way that Sony would let me take the patch off if this continues?[/QUOTE]

Go pick up some ginger pills. Some FPS games and burnout use to make me sick too. A friend who was on a cruise suggested ginger pills for motion sickness. I take one about 30 minutes to an hour before gaming and I can play all night without any issues.

Anyone interested in taking the new cars out for a spin tonight? 8 flying cars with 10 ft flame trails has got to be a cool sight to see.

Anyone intending to play online today? All I need is the 8 people in Wildcats stadium trophy and then I get platinum. Everyone online is too fickle to even do this anymore :/

I'll be online playing around with the new cars and doing showtimes. Not sure if you'll get a full 8 players other than during sundays though.

[quote name='tenchi']I'll be online playing around with the new cars and doing showtimes. Not sure if you'll get a full 8 players other than during sundays though.[/quote]
Yea, I'm not all about the trophies for this game, it's just hella fun, but sometimes looking at that list and seeing this as the one thing I haven't done, it just kinda bugs me as a gamer ;)

Okay, after much thought, I'm going to be using the DeLorean this Sunday. Why? It's quite possibly the fastest car in the game while in Hover Mode and boosting. Seriously, you can get a Triple Barrel Roll on that bridge south of Paradise Blvd. Also, when the Ecto-1 and Bootlegger both crash while your sounding their horns, well...let's just say it's funny.

I'm hosting starting @ 6pm on Sunday.

im guessing you cant play with people that have the dlc, if you do not. they should have made it possible, perhaps just show a different car model instead :\ Guess i cant play anymore because im not paying $4 for a car........or more for the bundle

[quote name='joshr915']im guessing you cant play with people that have the dlc, if you do not. they should have made it possible, perhaps just show a different car model instead :\ Guess i cant play anymore because im not paying $4 for a car........or more for the bundle[/quote]
No, I'm pretty sure you can play with those who have the car models. I'd say the new cars were in the most recent patch, buying them only unlocks them. It's like the Retail Unlockable cars, the data is there, you just can't use it unless you had the unlock code.

The new cars are a blast to drive.

The P12 Special is a beast at barrel rolls. I did a triple role off the jump by the quarry without too much trouble. The problem is when boosting, it's practically impossible to control because it's going so fast. Don't use this car in marked man races though, I hit the ghostbuster car at full speed and still wasn't able to take it out :p

The Nighthawk was disappointing at first but it's great car to use on marked man runs. It drives like a tank and has the fastest acceleration of any car, I just wish it as the flashing lights on all the time instead of just during boosting.

Delorean is definitely the best, even if it didn't have the hover mode, it's fast and quite maneuverable. Calvary BootLEEger is alright...it's kinda slow but handles well. Echo-1 I need to play around with a bit more. but it seemed to handle pretty well for a big tub. Nighthawk I was surprised at how often I seemed to be wiping out from rear collisions so I'm not sure I believe it's strength rating. The base version of the car is my favorite stunt car so I imagine I'll warm up to it eventually.

If anyone needs help with trophies or just want to play BP, hit me up, I generally play BP when I am on the PS3. User ID is snoozer. See you in Paradise City!

[quote name='KingBroly']Okay, after much thought, I'm going to be using the DeLorean this Sunday. Why? It's quite possibly the fastest car in the game while in Hover Mode and boosting. Seriously, you can get a Triple Barrel Roll on that bridge south of Paradise Blvd. Also, when the Ecto-1 and Bootlegger both crash while your sounding their horns, well...let's just say it's funny.

I'm hosting starting @ 6pm on Sunday.[/quote]I thought from the videos that criterion put out that the knight rider car was the fastest. Sunday at 6.. dude. I should really get on this game the few hours I played were awesome and I joined on of KB's matches and it was wicked fun.

I've decided to open up the room just a little bit early today, so if you want to come on into Burnout and I see you come on, I'll send you an invite.

Remember, Legendary Cars are preferred, but not required to play :)

Hmm, for some reason I thought we were supposed to meet at 5 pm PST. My bad. I'll try to make it next week.

btw, is the time for these CAG nights moved to 3PM?

[quote name='yohsh']sorry about flipping everyone off. I just get so mad when i get HIT!!!![/QUOTE]

No worries. I thought it was kinda funny. I don't deliberately run into people so those hits were accidental. Unless someone hits me first on purpose, then it's ON! :)

Sorry about sucking badly at that last barrel role challenges. Sometimes I can land them flawlessly like in the quarry, I did a double roll on the first try and other times I suck ass.

We learned that the DeLorean is amazing at barrel rolls. In the airfield, I could land a small barrel roll on one ramp, and then immediately do another one from the second ramp. Getting through the grey hoop was still kind of hard, but I think it's probably your best bet for anyone having trouble with barrel rolls. Certainly better than the General Lee.

I managed to do a triple barrel roll with the Ecto-1 last night. As for the airfield, I've done that with the GT Concept before.

Didn't make it because I'm a little tired of the game. I'm going to play once big surf island comes out at an over-priced point. I just need some more land and area and races to play in. Hopefully there will be a cheaper dlc bundle by then.

I can't host Burnout this week. The next time I host will most likely be when the Toys/Boost cars are released.

I was kind of looking forward to playing this weekend, despite not buying the extra cars. If anyone decides to host last minute, I'm definitely up for playing.

Hey, other people can host on Sundays. I don't know why it has to go through me every week. My internet's been getting shakier and shakier as of late so I don't know if mine will be able to bear it much longer. Personally, when the Toys/Boost/Island stuff hit is when I'll host next, but after that...maybe every 2-3 weeks or so.

Well, when the Island hits, I plan on doing a month of Big Surf Island (4 weeks).

I came late to this game, and need to get a lot of the online trophies. Next time there is a game night, can you guys help me out? Specifically the 7 cars in Wildcat stadium deal, and the "invite a friend" trophy. To be honest, i haven't taken the game online very much at all, so i'm sure i'm missing more than that.

heck why not I doubt I'll be doing anything on sunday I might as well try out some online. this sunday if you see me online and I'm not playing Burnout let me know.

Okay, so...Toys hit tomorrow. But I'm not going to host. Someone else is going to have to do it I'm afraid. When the Boost cars hit, that's when I'll host next.

i should probably spend some time with the game earn some more cars for sunday. I don't know about the rest of ya'll but I'm just chilling on the same 10 cars here.

I've been playing killzone 2 pretty much exclusively lately. I'll probably get the toy cars when my killzone time goes down.

If there is anyone who wants to host a game on Sunday, I'll update the thread title. I probably won't play on Sunday either. I do look to host again sometime in the future no doubt.

bread's done
Back