CAG Car Thread!

Might be getting rid of the BRZ and hopping into an 08 IS250 AWD. I just don't think it's a good idea to have that as the only car for a baby hauler. :whistle2:(

Told the boss(gf) that if an IS pops up in the package I want before the gf has a job lined up for September, I'm trading in the BRZ. If the gf lands a job, then I'm keeping it. Boss approved. :rofl:

On the brightside, I already have all the mods planned out! :lol: F-Sport sways, F-Sport rear deck lid, F-Sport aluminum pedals, ipod kit, Michelin PSS, and maybe the F-Sport exhaust. With the difference in value, I'll still have a few grand leftover from the trade, even with the mods, to put back into my pocket. I've always loved this car and almost bought one a few years ago. I guess here's my chance?

I really wish Acura/Honda would make a 200-250hp AWD compact sedan cause I'd be ALL over it. AWD is pretty much the only reason why I'm not getting the TSX and the new TLX will be WAY out of my price range.

Last edited by a moderator:
Might be getting rid of the BRZ and hopping into an 08 IS250 AWD. I just don't think it's a good idea to have that as the only car for a baby hauler. :whistle2:(

Told the boss(gf) that if an IS pops up in the package I want before the gf has a job lined up for September, I'm trading in the BRZ. If the gf lands a job, then I'm keeping it. Boss approved. :rofl:

On the brightside, I already have all the mods planned out! :lol: F-Sport sways, F-Sport rear deck lid, F-Sport aluminum pedals, ipod kit, Michelin PSS, and maybe the F-Sport exhaust. With the difference in value, I'll still have a few grand leftover from the trade, even with the mods, to put back into my pocket. I've always loved this car and almost bought one a few years ago. I guess here's my chance?

I really wish Acura/Honda would make a 200-250hp AWD compact sedan cause I'd be ALL over it. AWD is pretty much the only reason why I'm not getting the TSX and the new TLX will be WAY out of my price range.
I hear ya bud, that's the reason I had to give up the G. :( I've always liked the look Lexus, but I've heard they're kind of slow. Unrelated note, I was thinking of maybe getting a VW GTD in the future if and when it comes here after reading this little comparo on Road and Track:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-reviews/road-tests/twin-streaks-roa0214

The thought of going 150 in a diesel GTI is somewhat hilarious. :)

Nice dude! It will be more comfortable, that's for sure.

Don't sell it before we meet up though, I want to see that beast in person :)

I hear ya bud, that's the reason I had to give up the G. :( I've always liked the look Lexus, but I've heard they're kind of slow. Unrelated note, I was thinking of maybe getting a VW GTD in the future if and when it comes here after reading this little comparo on Road and Track:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-reviews/road-tests/twin-streaks-roa0214

The thought of going 150 in a diesel GTI is somewhat hilarious. :)
Yeah, the vanilla IS is no hi-revving beast, but in no way can I afford an IS-F...haha. My future B-I-L has an IS and he complains that it's too slow for him. He's more practically minded than I am, so he's going to run it to death before he gets a new car...that and weddings are expensive. :D

I also LOVE the look of the VW GT line. I just can't get past the german engineering nor ergonomics. Due to some bad luck at a gas pump, I'm in a Beetle right now and I'm reminded of why I hated the Jetta I was in. Nothing feels like it's in the right place for me when it comes to the controls and shape of the seat.

Nice dude! It will be more comfortable, that's for sure.

Don't sell it before we meet up though, I want to see that beast in person :)
For sure! Btw, if you're ever in Woburn, don't go to the Hess station off exit 36 on 93. They sludged my gas tank and told me to screw off. I wasn't a happy camper.

I actually find that the BRZ is the most comfortable car I've been in. I guess I like firm bucket seats with firm lower lumbar support and high bolsters. Can't speak for my passengers though. :rofl:

^^ Thanks for the heads up.  I go by there sometimes and have thought about filling up.  

What about using the mod money for an IS350?

^^ Thanks for the heads up. I go by there sometimes and have thought about filling up.

What about using the mod money for an IS350?
I'm not convinced that the 350 AWD will drive any different than the 250 AWD per clublexus. AWD is a requirement and I won't really use the power, not to mention preferring to have a better handling car. The BRZ has spoiled me on that front whenever I'm in a worse handling car which is like most of them. :D I also want to stay away from RWD for my next ride because of snow if I can help it...haha.

I actually like the look and overall features of MY 08 the most, but I'm strongly considering getting a 2010 for the USB port alone(it was the first MY they has a USB port...a biggie for me). I figure I can wire up the ipod adapter on the older model since I managed to not screw up the radio install on my old RSX. The swooshes on the headlights and tails just don't do it for me either.

There's still 5 months til the deadline so well see if a black on black IS250 AWD with nav, memory seats, and HID's pop up. If nothing pops up, then I'll probably just get a CPO CT200h. It really saddens me to even think about getting rid of the BRZ...it just fits like a glove...haha.

ugh California.

So I decide to drive my Wagon to work for fun. Get a fix it ticket for tint on the front and passenger side window -_-

Annoying......

at least it wasn't a speeding violation. I only got warning for speed. So I guess I shouldn't complain. I'm convinced he knew he couldn't prove I was going fast. Otherwise I'm sure I would've gotten it. Quotas and end of the month and all.

my google skills are failing me.  

Honda currently has a .9% APR on Accords.  Is there anywhere I can check what deals they have had on the civic this year/recent past?  (Current ones are lease deals)

would you guys go low end impreza or honda civic ex?
Depends on how important that extra 10hp is on the Impreza.

Curveball: how about a gently used CR-Z? Around here, you could get one for like $12-14K with under 20k miles.

<insert video that encendido5 posted :lol:>

Only gently used I would buy is a bmw and I am not ready for that. :)

I was thinking maybe the Fit too but that car isn't as safe. The 2015 looks great though.

Man I thought the two tiered Civic dashboard was weird but that mazda 3 navigation/infotainment system in the middle of the dashboard is just so awful.
Yeah, I don't get why they did that on the new 3. The 6 looks so nice. They should have kept that design.

I'm assuming it doesn't fold down? If it did, that actually would be kinda cool.
I haven't actually been in one, so I'm not sure, but I'm assuming no. I've seen commercials for screens like that though, I think it was on an Audi or Mercedes, and I agree, that would be kind of neat.

For those that were looking into new wiper blades a few months ago, Advance Auto Parts is having a sale that's about 40% off your order. Usually, they don't allow Bosch Icon wipers, but this time they do. Time to stock up on a couple sets everyone!

For those that were looking into new wiper blades a few months ago, Advance Auto Parts is having a sale that's about 40% off your order. Usually, they don't allow Bosch Icon wipers, but this time they do. Time to stock up on a couple sets everyone!
That was me. Thanks for the heads up.

1378659_10152037318079142_289091717_n.jpg

Titanfall collectors edition

Should've bought a wagon bro

LOL. Saw a brz and thought of dohdough. Those things are beautiful. I cried a little inside as I sat in my forester.
I picked up my car from the dealer today after getting some work done and they had the new 2015 WRX STi on display. If only I could afford both! :rofl:

I'll take my Forester any day ;)
I was able to use a 2013 Forester for a day a while back and it's a pretty decent handling car. Obviously, it isn't as nimble as the BRZ, but as a daily driver, it's most of the way there. Acceleration is pretty good too and I bet your car can beat mine off the line. :D

Not to mention that you'll have no problem fitting a 70in tv for $400 from Walmart when their system glitches again!

I was able to use a 2013 Forester for a day a while back and it's a pretty decent handling car. Obviously, it isn't as nimble as the BRZ, but as a daily driver, it's most of the way there. Acceleration is pretty good too and I bet your car can beat mine off the line. :D

Not to mention that you'll have no problem fitting a 70in tv for $400 from Walmart when their system glitches again!
It's the only reason I bought it: "what if Walmart glitches again?" I need a car that can handle the rigorous demands of a cag lifestyle.

The trunk of the forester is actually pretty short. I has trouble getting 20 bags of garden soil in it today.

Attended the V corral at the Long Beach Grand Prix this weekend. My first outing to a live motorsports event as a spectator. It's amazing how awesome the indycars sound live. Never experienced that before.

Anyway, I've never seen so many V's or V wagons in my life (8+) in one place.

IMG_20140413_130248.jpg

And as a bonus Cadillac dominated the World Challenge.

IMG_20140413_164217.jpg

IMG_20140413_105104.jpg

IMG_20140413_103823.jpg

IMG_20140413_103149.jpg

Bought this bad boy a few months ago. Didn't know we had a Car thread on here honestly. Always wanted one of these growing up and it popped up for 10k at one of the local used car dealers. Not too bad on mileage when I got it either at only 95k. Was completely stock still as well. Been pretty good for me and it's been fun learning how to drive a 5-speed as well.

3lu7nSg.jpg

nM884UD.jpg

so i'm narrowing down a new car to either the Honda Civic EX or the EX-L.

The L costs about 1600 more and you get this in addition to the EX.   

• 17-Inch Alloy Wheels
  • Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
  • Driver's Seat with 8-Way Power Adjustment
  • Leather-Trimmed Seats
  • Heated Front Seats
  • Fog Lights
  • Body-Colored, Heated, Power Side Mirrors, including Expanded View Driver's Mirror
Basically the only thing that seems to be useful is the 17 alloy wheels and fog lights.  Trying to justify the extra $1600.  I figure fog lights are a safety feature. ok.   are 17 inch wheels safer than 16?   The rest is pretty much cosmetic.

Thoughts?

Bigger wheels can give a harsher ride and 16" tires are much cheaper than 17's. As for safety, the only advantage is increased handling capability provided that you have the right tires. If you're gong to be rocking the OEM (shitty-in)all-season Michelin econo-tires, it's not going to make a difference.

Fogs help, but if the lo-beams are bright enough or scatter enough, they aren't really necessary unless you travel in a really foggy area. I'd actually argue that heated mirrors is a great safety feature because it keeps your mirrors dry in all sorts of wet weather. It's one of my must-have features.

The most important advice I can give you about leather seats is that if they're not perforated, DO NOT BUY unless you enjoy having swamp-ass in the summer. I compromise on it because I hate getting static shocks from cloth seats in the winter.

Oh and heated seats can be hit or miss. Like porridge at the Three Bears' House, some will be too hot(cook your balls), some won't be strong enough(balls won't feel a thing), and some will be just right(balls will be nice and toasty).

Good notes thanks. I will be rocking the shitty OEM tires because I'm not gonna waste a new set of tires. I suppose I could sell them on CL but seems to be a hassle.

Anyone know if the civic leather is perforated?

Edit: Internet says yes.

What you could also do is negotiate to swap tires to better ones as dealer take-offs. OEM tires tend to be extremely overpriced to begin with, like around $225-250-ish, and you can get a MUCH better set of spring/summer/fall tires for close to half that. Better tires=more safety, so I'd say it's worth a shot to try and negotiate. I'm guessing that if it's too cold or there's snow, you'd jump in your Subaru anyways, so no need for winter tires.

so i'm narrowing down a new car to either the Honda Civic EX or the EX-L.

The L costs about 1600 more and you get this in addition to the EX.

• 17-Inch Alloy Wheels
  • Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
  • Driver's Seat with 8-Way Power Adjustment
  • Leather-Trimmed Seats
  • Heated Front Seats
  • Fog Lights
  • Body-Colored, Heated, Power Side Mirrors, including Expanded View Driver's Mirror
Basically the only thing that seems to be useful is the 17 alloy wheels and fog lights. Trying to justify the extra $1600. I figure fog lights are a safety feature. ok. are 17 inch wheels safer than 16? The rest is pretty much cosmetic.

Thoughts?
I don't think I will buy another car without the heated or power seats. The power makes a huge difference when you have different people driving the car. If my wife wants to drive it, she just presses her button and it resets to her position. The heated seats are great too and heat up a lot faster than the heater does. Does the Civic have multiple heat settings or is it just on/off?

The fog lights do help a bit. The 17's are just cosmetic and like dohdough said, probably a harsher ride, though I don't know if you'd notice it too much.

Cleaning would be a main reason to get leather like soulvengeance said. If you have kids, you will appreciate not having to pull out the woolite every time they spill something.

Another question is, how much of it can you get back when you sell it? You can think of it as an "investment" if you can get a few hundred dollars more for having those features.

I also like leather seats because they're easier to clean when or if you spill something on them.
If you have kids, you will appreciate not having to pull out the woolite every time they spill something.
This is why there will be NO EATING in daddy's car. :D

Good tip on the memory seats too!

Since I love talking about myself: Despite my affinity towards getting a Lexus, I can't help but want to go back to a Honda/Acura. I've been cruising cars.com for a TL-S or TSX SE, but I can't seem to think I'll be happy in either one. The new WRX looks and fits great, but for the money it'll cost to get it spec'd out the way I want, I might as well just buy myself an Integra and a Camry for the gf and call it a day. :rofl:

I'll probably be the only one driving the civic. It's for fuel economy. If anyone else wants to drive, they'll take the forester anyway. That car is fun to drive.

I think you bastards have convinced me to pay for the eX-L. Somehow I've gone from "just need a safe reliable car with good mpg" to the top of the line civic. Greeeeeat.

I don't need it till July. I wonder if it'll have car play integration by then. Edit - no car play integration in 2014. Maybe catch a July 4th sale.

@dohdough - good luck with that rule. You'll have Cheerios everywhere before you know it.

I'll go buy a BRZ instead just to piss you off. :)
Nah, you'll just wonder why you didn't buy one sooner! ;)

Seriously though, my thoughts are that if you're going to spend a lot of time in the seat, you might as well get something you'll enjoy and I'm sure you'll enjoy the extras.

Seriously though, my thoughts are that if you're going to spend a lot of time in the seat, you might as well get something you'll enjoy and I'm sure you'll enjoy the extras.
I'm mostly of this mindset too but it hurts the wallet.

I've driven a ton of rentals and boy, sitting in a shitty car is awful. Things aren't where they should be, it's noisy, there's no acceleration, people throw shit at you.

I'll probably be the only one driving the civic. It's for fuel economy. If anyone else wants to drive, they'll take the forester anyway. That car is fun to drive.

I think you bastards have convinced me to pay for the eX-L. Somehow I've gone from "just need a safe reliable car with good mpg" to the top of the line civic. Greeeeeat.

I don't need it till July. I wonder if it'll have car play integration by then. Edit - no car play integration in 2014. Maybe catch a July 4th sale.

@dohdough - good luck with that rule. You'll have Cheerios everywhere before you know it.
What year Forester?

I'm glad I won't have to deal with this anymore.  The Treg is a beast in the snow though.  It makes me wonder how much better it would be with snow tires.

13999295455_e86d41eff9_z.jpg

14 XT. Love it. Sucks on mpg. And I wish it had blind spot monitoring and rear cross traffic detection though but overall really great. Sight lines are fantastic and I feel as safe as can be.
Have you tried adjusting your mirrors?

cleanup-blindspots-photo-519796-s-original.jpg
http://media.caranddriver.com/images/media/51/cleanup-blindspots-photo-519796-s-original.jpg]

It took me a little while to get used to it, but it helps a lot.

I'm glad I won't have to deal with this anymore. The Treg is a beast in the snow though. It makes me wonder how much better it would be with snow tires.

13999295455_e86d41eff9_z.jpg
I'd imagine by a noticeable amount. I'm probably so used to snow tires in the winter that I feel insecure without them. That one drive when I borrowed my folks' CRV was a bit terrifying because I could feel the slippage during a snow storm in the middle of December and the tires weren't even close to being bald. The pricetag is worth the piece of mind IMO.

Have you tried adjusting your mirrors?

http://media.caranddriver.com/images/media/51/cleanup-blindspots-photo-519796-s-original.jpg]

It took me a little while to get used to it, but it helps a lot.

I'd imagine by a noticeable amount. I'm probably so used to snow tires in the winter that I feel insecure without them. That one drive when I borrowed my folks' CRV was a bit terrifying because I could feel the slippage during a snow storm in the middle of December and the tires weren't even close to being bald. The pricetag is worth the piece of mind IMO.
I remember reading about that in a AAA magazine when I first started driving. It's much better than the "normal" way since it gives you a much better view of what's around you.

Yeah, it's definitely on my list of things to consider. I also want to get a true back up camera since the '11 only came with sensors.

bread's done
Back