CAG Community Award 2010

Iamthecheapestgamer - he always provides the community with colorful insight and has the best managed thread here.

I'm going with JP on this one. Having a thread that hosts a database almost completely dependent on user feedback is tough and he's doing a damn good job at keeping it up do date as often as possible.

A close second would be reddjoey. As an Xbox 360 gamer, I tend to find his threads as often as I can to see if I missed out on any deal or if there's an upcoming XBLA deal I should be aware of. Good stuff there.

JP for the GS thread, although io and hawaiiboy should get recognition as well for the BBV thread.

I originally nominated IATTCG for the penny guide thread but that's a wasted vote.

So I'll go with jimijumper for the Target thread. and SHC for kmart.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it wrong or considered narcissistic to vote for yourself? If not, then I nominate myself for the guide thread.;)

Thanks to those who also nominated me.:D But it does appear to be a 2-3 way tie so far between some other posters already.:cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Davestation']Frisky Tanuki for having great threads and great points!![/QUOTE]

I'll second this, props go to Frisky for epitomizing the CAG spirit (or what I believe it to be anyway) he keeps his PSN store thread updated everyweek (sometimes more) when any big news pops up isn't a massive fanboy of any system which I appreciate. He posts good online deals in the main deal forum when they come up, tries to make this community better and is actually invested here, which again is something most CAG's aren't.

I try to make sure to thank him frequently for his dedication to the PSN thread (going over 4 years strong thanks to him) and to CAG in general. Kudos. (And to whomever posted him in the villain thread, shame on you :roll:)

So my vote is for Frisky Tanuki. :applause:

Honorable mention to Cheapest, he is grumpier than me, which is feat unto itself, but most importantly he is a CAG for better or worse. ;)

[quote name='mebegod']SHC-Gamer
honorable mention to
Frisky Tanuki
Reddjoey[/QUOTE]

I second that! Thanks for everything you do for this community! :applause:

I'm going to put in for reddjoey. I use that thread more and more, much to the pain and suffering of my wallet.

JP for his work in the Gamestop TIV/Promos thread

I can't remember any other thread I reference to more than his, I always get alittle annoyed when it get pushed off the first page of the deals thread! lol

Reddjoey, definitely. His XBLA Deals thread is my most visited thread on the forums, it is impeccably done, and has saved me so much MSP I can't even count it :)

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']I'll go ahead and toss in my vote for EastX. Does some good work on the Steam threads.[/QUOTE]
I second EastX man he did an awesome job on those steam sales

Reddjoey.

I look forward to his XBL deals thread every time I log onto CAG. And he seems to update it the second things go on sale. Like it'll be 3am in the morning, and the thread is updated. That's dedication!

[quote name='VidPower']Reddjoey.

I look forward to his XBL deals thread every time I log onto CAG. And he seems to update it the second things go on sale. Like it'll be 3am in the morning, and the thread is updated. That's dedication![/QUOTE]

Agreed on "Reddjoey" ... having worked "very closely" with the Xbox team, I can say that Reddjoey is on top of information even before many insiders know about the information. The sticky posts are very well organized & linked to relevant content, the deals are posted almost instantaneously (certainly before 1st-party community managers can post the same deal), and his demeanor in the forums has always been kind, accepting of feedback, and responsive to CAG reader questions.

The true epitome of a community leader!

bread's done
Back