CAG Community Award 2010

For "CAG Community Award", I have to give it to Josh/SHC-Gamer. For the past year, he's been helping CAGers like me to wonderful deals through the Kmartgamer.com blog for basically us to capitalize on since these deals were mentioned absolutely nowhere else. Also, whenever something goes wrong during a K-Mart experience, he does all he can to rectify the problem.

Runner-up would go to reddjoey for updating us on any deals happening in the Xbox Live Marketplace.

frisky tanuki and his hard work over on the ps3 thread!!

although a mod I really do like shrike's presence in the dvd thread. He is very knowledgeable over there and ALWAYS has some new info (same sentence explains frisky too)

[quote name='totoguy']Reddjoey, definitely. His XBLA Deals thread is my most visited thread on the forums, it is impeccably done, and has saved me so much MSP I can't even count it :)[/QUOTE]

This. I nominate Reddjoey as well.

[quote name='VGmnk']EastX and CoffeeEdge for their great contributions to the Steam threads[/QUOTE]

Seconded, and io on the Amazon Trade In thread -- that place can be a nightmare.

Mine has to go to io. Partly because he hasn't been mentioned, but I seem to see him post helpful info in different threads and keep people in line. Sorry i haven't use the Kmart/Xbox/PSN threads much this year so no disrespect to the other nominees.

Also a note on Kmart. Anyone who says he gets paid for this is an Ftard. Companies like Kmart do not pay people to spend their day on Cheapassgamer.com. Does his involvement with us make him a better employee who can deliver better what ever the functions of his job is; probably, but he works HARD and has done more for this community than most. Try and remember that before you dismiss him, discount maybe, but don't dismiss.

[quote name='spedmunki']It's called a bonus and or promotion[/QUOTE]At Sears Holdings? :rofl:

I don't know if he's eligible as he's an official Retailer Representative.

As for straight up CAG members, I'm for JP and jimijumper for both doing excellent jobs in updating and maintaining their respective threads punctually and with absolute professionalism.

[quote name='bgame2']SHC Gamer for obvious reasons and

Iamthecheapestgamer. Hear me out on this. Whether you like him or not, (1) he adds personality to the site, (2) he keeps his thread up to date, (3) he is constantly on here. (4) he posts TIVs in jp's thread, (5) he's an active trader (which helps cags), and he constantly bitches at people to read the thread before asking questions. That last one is more of a service than I think people realize.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly. SHC Gamer goes out of his way even on the weekends. And I doubt that it's in his job description to respond to our pm's. He does it anyway because he wants to satisfy everyone. Good for him for also tolerating some of the stupid responses and requests from us.

And props to IATCG. I look forward to his thread all the time for deals. BUt I can't blame him from wanting us to not be ignorant or illiterate, or simply, downright lazy to read for ourselves. He updates his thread immediately and is really on top of things. He personifies this site and gets too much crap thrown on him.

Also, Confooscious actually does have insightful comments btw

[quote name='darken']
Also, Confooscious actually does have insightful comments btw[/QUOTE]

And a hat tip to you good sir.

[quote name='62t']Maybe we can set up a new award for people who are on company payroll for people like SHC Gamer?[/QUOTE]

It'd just be the SHC award. No other company rep does 1/100 of what he does on here. The only other one I can even remember is the PC Richards one.

Shc Gamer
Redjoey
JP
dv8mad
Frisky Tanuki
The Xecutioner, Ryuukishi, & Ink.So.Well for their work with the Bioware game threads in the 360 forum.

fidodido!!

I havent shopped at Frys since I graduated college years ago,

and half a decade later the dood STILL posting the ads!!

[quote name='ShockandAww']SHC-Gamer. He worked (and still works) his ass off everyday to get us deals and help everyone out.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, SHC-Gamer. He def. set a new standard for this category.

SHC-Gamer. Set the standard for all reps to abide by. Props to hawaiiboy for keeping the BBV thread up to date with drops.

Sorry to see that reddjoey's work on the XBLM sale thread was overlooked. He deserved a nomination and should be part of the voting.

[quote name='shrike4242']Sorry to see that reddjoey's work on the XBLM sale thread was overlooked. He deserved a nomination and should be part of the voting.[/QUOTE]

Yeah...WTF!? Plenty of CAGs nominated him, probably more than some of the others listed on the poll.

new to the forums so I'll vote for FriskyTanuki since i hear his name often on the CAGcast =T

[quote name='shrike4242']Sorry to see that reddjoey's work on the XBLM sale thread was overlooked. He deserved a nomination and should be part of the voting.[/QUOTE]

I agree, definitely should be up there. I think the only person who got more nominations than reddjoey was SHC-gamer, who will in my guestimates run away with this award.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hate to pick someone over others, but FriskyTanuki gets my vote if only because the main forums I look in he seems to show up the most in.

bread's done
Back