CAG Community Award 2011

I'm putting my vote in for Reddjoey as well. The XBL thread is one of the main things I come to CAG everyday for. He's gone above and beyond in maintaining that thread.

Ya right, Amazon sucks and anything to do with Amazon sucks lol. I nominate Enuf, he always puts up great deals so ENUF gets my nomination.

No offense to the other guys, but any answer but Josh (K-mart) is wrong.

He went above and beyond the call of duty helping out CAGs. He wasn't simply posting a deal and disappearing for a week. He helped CAGs with any problem that arose, whether that was stock issues, coupons not printing to getting involved at your specific store. He answered every email, was a regular on Facebook helping people, etc. He was just on another level.

[quote name='Corvin']No offense to the other guys, but any answer but Josh (K-mart) is wrong.

He went above and beyond the call of duty helping out CAGs. He wasn't simply posting a deal and disappearing for a week. He helped CAGs with any problem that arose, whether that was stock issues, coupons not printing to getting involved at your specific store. He answered every email, was a regular on Facebook helping people, etc. He was just on another level.[/QUOTE]
Tony does all that and more and he's actually able to make his company work more towards helping the user.

Nothing against Josh but but I think overall the scope of what Tony (Amazon) does is larger, helps more people, and also changes the store's process and the publisher's process overall.

That being said reddJoey does amazing work considering he's not being tied to a major retailer.

I think we need a new category because from the business side of it Tony shows what it means to be on the very top of your job and from a user level reddJoey shows that hard work and dedication to your info helps a large part of the community.

I'm torn

My vote is in for Reddjoey. I sometimes forget I can download things too on my Xbox. He reminds me for free. That is community spirit.

T-money, that man has saved me a ton on pc downloads. The gods gave him two hands and he uses them both for giving us deals on games, I can respect that.

[quote name='Ed_']That's his job, though. By that same logic one should nominate the Amazon pc game rep.[/QUOTE]

Words of wisdom. Unfortunately his fan boys disagree strongly

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Tony does all that and more and he's actually able to make his company work more towards helping the user.[/QUOTE]
All the more reason this award should be Josh's. He's essentially had to work "against" his employer for some people here.

Josh deserves this one. He probably won't get it since K-Mart isn't as broad as Amazon, but there's no question he should win this.

If I had two votes I'd definitely be in for reddjoey as well.

Such a shame that we only get to pick one person to win! All these people do a great job in helping the CAG community, and I think they all deserve an award.

[quote name='KaneRobot']All the more reason this award should be Josh's. He's essentially had to work "against" his employer for some people here.

Josh deserves this one. He probably won't get it since K-Mart isn't as broad as Amazon, but there's no question he should win this.

If I had two votes I'd definitely be in for reddjoey as well.[/QUOTE]
I don't think this award should be about good intentions, it should be about the quality and scope of the job done.

Josh's deals were not for everyone not because there wasn't a K-Mart around but because K-Marts just failed around the country, most people had to explain it to the people who worked in the stores, and the coupon hassle was almost weekly with all the deals

On the other hand Tony's leadership in the digital section of Amazon has allowed everyone deals that don't fall through and the rewards that Tony was in charge of always worked. He's kept in much greater contact with the users checking in and posting dozens of times on some days, and has gone so far as to deal with certain publishers to have them change their policies or help users (I'm one of them) with a publisher to get games registered on certain clients.

Josh might have had every intention to match or even exceed Tony's performance but for whatever reason that never happened. I don't want to turn this into a Josh vs Tony debate but "what they wanted to do" and "what they were working against" doesn't hold any kind of weight when discussing overall who offered the most and helped out the community the most.

Tony's ability to offer deals and rewards and work with publishers makes it very difficult to really think of anyone else with the exception of reddJoey. The work and time that reddJoey spends on the Live thread is great and then you factor in that he's also been able to deal with the "XBOX vs PS3" arguments in there and he does a fantastic job.

[quote name='MechaGojira']Such a shame that we only get to pick one person to win! All these people do a great job in helping the CAG community, and I think they all deserve an award.[/QUOTE]
I agree, anyone who takes time out of their day to make this community better is a special person.

All the way from people who work for companies to just people who take the time to post a deal.

I can't choose the Amazon or Kmart considering it IS their JOB. Putting that aside, i have to go with FriskyTanuki considering he post the deals I need to look at for my PS3, don't really touch the Xbox much, sorry reddJoey.

bread's done
Back