CAG Community Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinfulfate

CAGiversary!
Feedback
121 (100%)
How it works:

[SIZE=medium]  Similar to the Featured Challenges section on the Xbox One, I will post new challenges weekly/monthly for certain Xbox One games.  Challenges will last a set time and the top 5 to complete the challenge will be awarded points.   For weekly challenges the 1st place gets 8 points, 2nd place gets 6, 3rd gets 4, 4th gets 2, and 5th gets 1.  For monthly challenges each of the first 5 people to complete the challenge gets 20 points.  The three users at the end of month with the most points win a prize.  Prizes will vary by month.    [/SIZE]

Rules:

[SIZE=medium]  -Only the top 3 people with the most points at the end of the month get prizes. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]  -Must have been a member here for at least 6 months to participate [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]  -You can only submit a score/proof for a challenge once per day per challenge[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium] - Prizes are no longer given based on rank.  The person with the most points can choose any one of the three prizes, the second place person gets to choose any one of the two left, and the third place person gets whatever is left.   [/SIZE]

Prizes for January: 

-PC Game bundle including Awesomenauts, Mass Effect 2(origin),  Batman Arkham City GOTY edition, Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY edition(steam), and Dead Space 3(origin) 

[SIZE=medium]  -PSN bundle including Wipeout HD, When Vikings Attack, and a $10 PSN code[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]  -$20 Xbox gift card and a Windows 8.1 Project Spark Beta Key[/SIZE]

Challenges for January 27th - January 31th:  

[SIZE=medium]    
[/SIZE]

Canabalt

Challenge:  Highest Distance traveled

Restrictions:  None
Leaderboard: 
1. Wuvein - 6622m

December Monthly Leaderboard

[SIZE=medium]
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]1. Zolor23 - 26[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]2. schwilhelmsen - 22[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]3. Kingrodedog - 20[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]4. TwistedShade - 10[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]5. Sinfulfate - 6[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]January Monthly Leaderboard [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]1. Wuvein - 62[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]1. Sinfulfate - 56[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]3. scwilhelmsen - 34[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]4. Metalmegagio - 8 [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]5. Sharp Katana -6[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]5. igame - 6[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]
[/SIZE]

FAQ:

[SIZE=medium]  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]   Why are you doing this? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]               Two reasons.  I have saved so much money using this site and I want to give back.  Secondly I think this would be really cool thing to do.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]    What are the prizes? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]              Prizes will vary by month.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]   So will you be doing this every month? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]               I plan to as long as enough people are interested. I can’t guarantee that the prizes will be the same every month though. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]   How come there isn't a challenge for [insert game name here]?  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]               If you have suggestions for a challenge for a particular game let me know.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]   How do I submit a score/proof that I completed the challenge? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]               Xbox One- Use Game DVR, upload to skydrive, and post a link here.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]               PC- Use any screen capture software(OBS is a good free one), upload it, and post a link here.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]                PS 4 - Use twitch streaming and post a link to the archive here.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]               PS Vita - Press the Playstation and start button at the same time to take a screenshot, upload it, and post it here.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]   Can I help out? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]            Of course. I'm always open to suggestions, people to help keep the main post updated, and even prize donations so more than just the top 3 can win something every month.   [/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Really cool idea, thanks!  Figure I'll try and get in on this action while the user base is still at its smallest so maybe there's a slight chance of my mediocre performances not getting bumped too far.  First time using the upload studio, hopefully this works...

Forza Motorsport 5 Prague Full (best lap 1:35.314)

Killer Instinct Combo (26 hit crazy!)

I'll see what else I've got in me…those monthly challenges look pretty intense though!

Cool idea and awesome way of giving back Sinful. 

I'm definitely going to have to try my hand at the BF4 weekly challenge.

Ah, forgot about this. I'll do some of these later this week when I have time. I personally suck at KI though, just some button mashing. I can probably do Forza/Battlefield.

I have a 1:25 336 lap time on Prague, I can't post a link since I don't have 3 posts on CAG yet. My youtube channel is Gearsofwarcrazy and it's the latest video. 

Also have a 130 hit triple ultra on KI with Orchid, gotta get video of it though. 

Constantly working on that prague time, I have a 1:17 xxx time in the works, have the lines for it and am  hitting 1:20 consistently, but can't bring it down those extra 3 seconds it should be at... 

I have a 1:25 336 lap time on Prague, I can't post a link since I don't have 3 posts on CAG yet. My youtube channel is Gearsofwarcrazy and it's the latest video.

Also have a 130 hit triple ultra on KI with Orchid, gotta get video of it though.

Constantly working on that prague time, I have a 1:17 xxx time in the works, have the lines for it and am hitting 1:20 consistently, but can't bring it down those extra 3 seconds it should be at...
For the Killer Instinct challenge it's the highest hitting non ultra combos.

For the BF4 K/D challenge, are there any requirements.  I ask because I've had some matches that were 5-0, 7-0, etc. and didn't know if it should be above a certain number of kills since it is kind of easy to get a few kills and no deaths sniping on some of the maps.  Also, would a screen shot of Battlelog online with the recent match work?

For the BF4 K/D challenge, are there any requirements. I ask because I've had some matches that were 5-0, 7-0, etc. and didn't know if it should be above a certain number of kills since it is kind of easy to get a few kills and no deaths sniping on some of the maps. Also, would a screen shot of Battlelog online with the recent match work?
Ya im gonna update it and set the requirement to team deathmatch only but that will be the only requirement. A screenshot of battlelog will be sufficient for proof.

Ya im gonna update it and set the requirement to team deathmatch only but that will be the only requirement. A screenshot of battlelog will be sufficient for proof.
Alright, I knew it was tdm only, just didn't know if you had any other ideas. I'll have to start sharing my best k/d each day.

That 1:25 time is insane. Is the Lotus really that much better? I used my 3 mil credits on a Honda F1 car, and in the bends, the steering is really tight. Best I've gotten is only 1:36:XX.

I've got 700 achievment points for Ryse right now.

I'll go for both Dead Rising challenges, and I'll get a video up for my 1:4x time on Forza.

OK, I haven't actually finished normal mode of DR3 yet but I just fired up Nightmare to log a score for this challenge.  I'm assuming you're looking for kill streak and not grand total # of zombie kills (as that carries over from normal and across all playthroughs)?  Wish I knew how to record more than 30 seconds as this only catches the last few kills and my running for safety.  I decided it wouldn't be in the spirit of the challenge to go down fighting, so I made sure to (barely) run for cover once I was down to my last weapon.

Anyway, nightmare 232 kill streak video.

Been putting a bunch of time into Ryse to see about that monthly challenge and currently have almost 900/1000, but I think the once achievement to get to MP level 100 is going to end up keeping me shy of the full 1000.

OK, I haven't actually finished normal mode of DR3 yet but I just fired up Nightmare to log a score for this challenge. I'm assuming you're looking for kill streak and not grand total # of zombie kills (as that carries over from normal and across all playthroughs)? Wish I knew how to record more than 30 seconds as this only catches the last few kills and my running for safety. I decided it wouldn't be in the spirit of the challenge to go down fighting, so I made sure to (barely) run for cover once I was down to my last weapon.

Been putting a bunch of time into Ryse to see about that monthly challenge and currently have almost 900/1000, but I think the once achievement to get to MP level 100 is going to end up keeping me shy of the full 1000.
You say "Xbox Snap Game DVR" and it should show the last 5 minutes.

OK, I haven't actually finished normal mode of DR3 yet but I just fired up Nightmare to log a score for this challenge. I'm assuming you're looking for kill streak and not grand total # of zombie kills (as that carries over from normal and across all playthroughs)? Wish I knew how to record more than 30 seconds as this only catches the last few kills and my running for safety. I decided it wouldn't be in the spirit of the challenge to go down fighting, so I made sure to (barely) run for cover once I was down to my last weapon.

I didn't realize that. In the past Dead Rising games your zombie kill count resets everytime you start a new game. I changed the challenge so that its the highest number of zombies you can kill in 1 minute.

Also I changed all the challenges so they will last the whole month. Scoring will still work the same though. The harder challenges like getting all 1000 achievements in a game will give you more points then the easier challenges.

Thanks to the tip from Zolor23 I am now rocking the full capabilities of the game DVR.  Just beat the DR3 story mode, so went back to nightmare for my 1-minute killstreak.  I'm thinking with the increased zombie density in later chapters, somebody could easily break 1000; maybe even significantly higher if you really planned ahead and left massive bombs in strategic locations ahead of time for you to run and grab!

1-minute 468 killstreak nightmare

Working on a Killer Instinct score for tomorrow. Unfortunately I haven't played a fighter in FOREVER and playing this game makes me remember why...(I suck).

Unfortunately, I did not capture the exact moment I unlocked 1000GS. I did go through all my achievements with a video from my phone and uploaded it to youtube. I hope that still counts!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpYuQVFxqiI

Here's a few last-minute updates on my end.  I am so very close to the full 1000/1000 in both Ryse and DR3 but no cigar.  If I had expected such a flurry of activity here in the past week I could have ground at least one of them out, but that would have meant less time pillaging the West Indies in ACIV; I regret nothing.

KI 33-hit combo! (pretty proud of myself for this one…fighting games definitely not my forte)

1043 kills DR3 one minute.  (Still think this could get even higher after some experimenting and getting to a zone with higher zombie density.  I beat the game on Nightmare planning to go back and chapter select without realizing that you can't chapter select in Nightmare and have to start back over from the beginning…rushed back up to the start of chapter 6 this afternoon to be able to have this many zombies in a crowd).

Happy New Year to all fellow CAGs!

Updated. Since only 4 people participated, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place will all get $20 Xbox Gift cards.1st place will still get a $60 game.

Thanks for the Giftcard Sin! Wish more people participated but was still a lot of fun. 

I know it doesn't matter since we all got the same prize. But how did King beat me if he had only registered one challenge (Worth 8 points) compared to mine?

Thanks for the Giftcard Sin! Wish more people participated but was still a lot of fun.

I know it doesn't matter since we all got the same prize. But how did King beat me if he had only registered one challenge (Worth 8 points) compared to mine?
I'm pretty sure he counted the "Get 1000 Achievement Points" as a monthly challenge which gets him 20 points.

[SIZE=10.5pt]The Unlock all achievement’s challenges were the monthly challenges and gave 20 points each since they were harder to achieve.  I wanted to do new challenges every week so someone couldn't come in on the last day and complete a monthly challenge and win but so few people submitted anything there wasn’t much point to add new weekly challenges. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]I wonder why so few people participated.  This thread got over 800 views yet so few posts. Maybe not too many people have Xbox ones?  Who knows.[/SIZE]

Thanks for the GC Sin! I didn't expect to win anything and what I did win was great! I will be looking forward to more challenges!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back