CAG Console Icons/Emoticons: Why Aren't All of Them Available?

Idiotekque

CAGiversary!
Feedback
244 (100%)
Concerning the little icons for the different consoles, like so:

:ps2::xbox::gc::360::psp::ds::gba::pc::wii::ps3:

These are great to have, and a nice little tool for sale/trade threads, but I have a simple question.

Why aren't all of them available to use on the forums?

If you search games in the collection tool, there are existing icons for systems as obscure as the Jaguar, not to mention obvious ones like for the NES, SNES, and Playstation.

I'd understand if there wasn't enough space in the smilies list to use all of them, but why aren't some of the simplest and most common of these icons available? At the very least, why aren't icons such as the Playstation one, N64 one, Dreamcast one, etc, available?

If it was a matter of space, I think all of us would rather sacrifice a few seldom used and purposeless smilies in favor of more useful icons. Personally I have a lot of PS1 games, and I think lots of people here do. It would be nice to be able to use that icon in my selling/trade topic, and I'm sure other icons of classic consoles like the NES, SNES, and Genesis would be much appreciated by some of the retro collectors and sellers here.

I'd love to get more info on this,
Thanks!

It's not an incredibly active are of these forums.

I have no idea why there aren't more. They will be upgrading the forums sometime this year though, so maybe they will add more then.

In the meantime, there is a roundabout way to use the collection system's icons in the forums. Right-click the icon to get the image's URL, and enclose that in the forums' image tags.

For example, this:

HTML:
[img]http://cdnroot.cheapassgamer.com/forums/images/misc/gameicons/ps1.gif[/img]

Should result in this:
ps1.gif

It's cumbersome, sure (I'd like more console emoticons myself), but it works.

[quote name='blueshinra']In the meantime, there is a roundabout way to use the collection system's icons in the forums. Right-click the icon to get the image's URL, and enclose that in the forums' image tags.

For example, this:

HTML:
[img]http://cdnroot.cheapassgamer.com/forums/images/misc/gameicons/ps1.gif[/img]
Should result in this:
ps1.gif

It's cumbersome, sure (I'd like more console emoticons myself), but it works.[/QUOTE]
That's true; I should've thought of that. :whistle2:#

Hopefully they'll add more of them soon though! I think perhaps when they added the icons we have in, they thought they would just add the newest (most used) consoles. Silly not to add at least Playstation and N64 in there though!

They had a bunch in there for PS1, Dreamcast, and such, so I don't know why they were removed. It's not like they don't have out-of-date icons since there is still an HD-DVD icon there, but the systems that would be actively used (Vita, PS1, DC, etc.) get nothing.

I was all set to offer to make ones for the missing systems, and then I realized they are ALL already made, just not integrated into the forums!

Hard to say why...

bread's done
Back