CAG Fast Food/Restaurant Foodies Thread

The Pancake House <-----BOMB!

Mama Cozzas, never been there but featured in triple D, right up the street.

Kogi BBQ Taco Truck, if you feel adventures tracking down the truck. They get close to there certain days of the week but usually in the surrounding areas not too far away.

El Chato Tacos, if you want to venture out and get some of the best Tacos you will ever eat!!!!!!

You'll also be surprised at the food inside the park, it is expensive but some of the sit down style resteraunts have really good menus and don't forget the giant turkey legs!!!!
I love the Pancake House.

Last night I went to Bakers, a local joint only in the Inland Empire. They have an awesome shredded beef burrito but the food is beside the point. As we were coming home from Disneyland we approached the drive-thru only to find somebody half way out of their car window passed out or dead. He ended up being passed out and drove away after somebody shook him a little bit but that concluded the night for me!

I guess I can add that to a list of resteraunt mishapps, maybe around 10 years ago while going through the drive-thru at McDonalds after Disneyland may I add. The place was getting held up, I noticed a revolver hanging over the counter and a woman being frantic as she went through cash register. I drove away and told my sister to get down low only to almost run over the gunman as he was exiting the store shooting in the air.
Orlando Disney World > Every Disneyland in the world

The second trump card Florida has next to beaches

Last edited by a moderator:
Earthquakes > Hurricanes

How long are those beaches going to last as flat as Florida is?
Florida hasn't been hit by a hurricane since 05'. And the beaches will still be around after both you and I die. No need to be dramatic bro. I ain't worried, and neither should you.

I got reservations at Cinderella's Royal Table a few months from now (the restaurant where you actually eat inside the castle). Shit was already booked like crazy, but I was able to get a table. 5 or 6 princesses walk around and talk with each table. Not really for me but my daughter will love it. It's like $50 a person and I'm sure the food will be just "meh", but it's for the kid. She got a Cinderella dress as a gift for her b-day last week so she'll get the whole "princess" experience. Spoil em' when you can.

Some of my other favorite places to eat in Disneyworld:

Mexico/Epcot - The one inside the actual pavilion. cool atmosphere and the food is amazing. Blood Orange Margarita

Liberty Tree/ Magic Kingdom - Just good ol' American fare. It's like a high end Cracker Barrel plus reservation's aren't hard to come by.

Flame Tree BBQ/ Animal Kingdom - My favorite quick service place in Disney. The food is typical BBQ stuff like ribs & chicken but what I love is the setting. You can eat outside by the lake with a great view of the park.

Be Our Guest/ Magic Kingdom - This one's new and it's always busy but the food is good and you get to eat inside Beauty & the Beast's castle. It's almost like a ride just to eat there.

Turkey Leg/ Anywhere - Always get the turkey leg - ALWAYS. fuckin' munch on that shit while ridding Dumbo like a boss.

Plus I always stop off at several pavilions in Epcot to grab a beer like Germany's Biergarten & United Kingdom's pub. It's overpriced but it's nice to grab a beer and just sit on a bench and enjoy the scene.

The L'Auberge de Cendrillon in Disneyland Paris has good scallops and risotto. :)

Olivia's Cafe at Port Orleans Riverside resort in Disney World is good.  T-Rex at Downtown Disney isn't the best food ever for the price (it's pretty much the same type of food as Rainforest Cafe) but it is an entertaining place to eat. The next time I go to Disney, I plan on checking out Splitsville. It seems like a fun place.

A few months ago, my boyfriend and I tried out a place called Mossfire Grill (http://www.mossfire.com/) here in Jacksonville, Fl. This restaurant was amazing! Their steak is perfection and I can't wait to go back sometime when things aren't so crazy.

Tried the Italian Cheese Bread at Little Caesar's. Really good - better than the 3 Cheezer Bread at Hungry Howies.

Also had the Quesarito - the chicken one is lame but the steak one is good (and of course more expensive). It's the closest thing to the Steak Taquitos Taco Bell use to have.

Always wanted to try out the T-Rex restaurant at Downtown Disney, but mostly I've wanted to try Fulton's Crabhouse (the steamboat restaurant there). Damn is it expensive. I did go to the Irish Pub and it was very good. Dancers come out get on stage and kids can join in. My daughter got a kick out of it.

We went to Rainforest Cafe a couple weeks ago (one by me not in Orlando). The food is sooo over priced for what it is. You're really just paying extra for the experience. I got a burger and it was fine, but for $7 cheaper I could get something infinitely better at a real burger joint.

Well, that was awesome. I got a Pizza Hurt email giving me a random chance of 10-50% online orders. My usual luck I would get 10%, but I got lucky and got the 50% deal! Got a Stuffed Crust pepperoni pizza, 16 BBQ boneless wings, Stuffed Pizza Rollers, and fries for under $20, including tax and delivery charge.

Has anyone here eaten at the French Laundry? I'll be up in norcal for the Sonoma Grand Prix and was pondering attempting at a reservation.

Since this is a food thread, if anyone is ever in Paris I highly recommend this place

It's small plate style so it's fun to share with a bunch of people. Small wine bar style place that's all stand-up. I ended up going back there 3x which is pretty impressive for Paris given the choices.

10557327_10152249728919142_7319058134865042242_n.jpg

1528633_10152249728979142_1453578975814867253_n.jpg

10514570_10152249729279142_5316540155472727633_n.jpg
10559776_10152249729559142_4099480051076788473_n.jpg
10450442_10152249729684142_135813154254983273_n.jpg
10525587_10152249729764142_3466980350733148447_n.jpg
10502104_10152249729834142_8808467934795982851_n.jpg
10461957_10152249729889142_1076993372396340493_n.jpg
10492077_10152242155754142_4962878387312462615_n.jpg
10449458_10152241016699142_468754582915461278_n.jpg

Tried the Bacon Cheese Hot Dog with the Cheese Bread at Sonic. Meh.  The bread wasn't as cheesy and soft as I though it would be, but it was decent. I like that the bacon wasn't burnt like the Domino's Specialty Chicken is.

Their fries were good though.

Tried the Bacon Cheese Hot Dog with the Cheese Bread at Sonic. Meh. The bread wasn't as cheesy and soft as I though it would be, but it was decent. I like that the bacon wasn't burnt like the Domino's Specialty Chicken is.

Their fries were good though.
The Pretzel bun is better, but I noticed both hotdogs were very salty at mine... almost un-eatable, even for someone that loves salt!

Best hot dogs (besides cooking them on a BBQ grill in the backyard) are at Steak and Shake. They even cut them in the middle and are long like a Nathan's dog. 

Speaking of Nathan's, I love their hot dog nuggets. It's a shame that the ones that are paired up with Miami Subs don't carry them.

Best hot dogs (besides cooking them on a BBQ grill in the backyard) are at Steak and Shake. They even cut them in the middle and are long like a Nathan's dog.

Speaking of Nathan's, I love their hot dog nuggets. It's a shame that the ones that are paired up with Miami Subs don't carry them.
No, 5 guys has the bomb hot dogs next to Nathans.... they slice it too!

five-guys-hot-dog.jpg

Nathan's > Five Guys.

Five Guys are about the same level as Costco, though Costco has by far the best value.

Though as long as Five Guys never makes grilled cheese again, I'm good.

Portillos > Nathans or Five Guys

Costco wins for eternity just because of the price
How big is Portillos? I'm lucky enough to have one here in CA 10 minutes from my house, ironically enough across the street from a Costco. Their Big Beef with Italian Sausage soaked in gravy with all the fixins is bomb!!!

Their staple hot dog is pretty damn good but $3 is pushing it. I go there once in a long while, their Chocolate Cake shake is awesome too!

Has anyone here eaten at the French Laundry? I'll be up in norcal for the Sonoma Grand Prix and was pondering attempting at a reservation.
French Laundry is virtually impossible to get into unless you know someone.

I highly suggest Thomas Keller's other restaurant, Ad Hoc. Amazing meals and only $50 pre fix menu compared to French Laundry's $250 per person price tag.

How big is Portillos? I'm lucky enough to have one here in CA 10 minutes from my house, ironically enough across the street from a Costco. Their Big Beef with Italian Sausage soaked in gravy with all the fixins is bomb!!!

Their staple hot dog is pretty damn good but $3 is pushing it. I go there once in a long while, their Chocolate Cake shake is awesome too!
I used to go to the portillos in Buena Park in Socal. It's ok but not as good as the ones in chicago that I had in the past. I always have a weakness for maxwell st polish though.

French Laundry is virtually impossible to get into unless you know someone.

I highly suggest Thomas Keller's other restaurant, Ad Hoc. Amazing meals and only $50 pre fix menu compared to French Laundry's $250 per person price tag.
Thanks for the recommend. We had reservations a couple of years back during a friend's wedding that coincided up north but that got cancelled. It's possible but you just have to call on a specific day, have a great concierge hookup, or be lucky that someone cancels. Would you say Ad Hoc is better than bouchon? I've always been somewhat dissapointed at bouchon in LA and Vegas.

Ad Hoc is the best meal I've ever had, and I've been to numerous great restaurants in NYC short of Nobu.

It's obviously gonna depend what they are serving the night you go, but I've lucked out.

Ad Hoc is the best meal I've ever had, and I've been to numerous great restaurants in NYC short of Nobu.

It's obviously gonna depend what they are serving the night you go, but I've lucked out.
Awesome. I ended up making a reservation there. Thanks for the recommendations guys.

Went to Punch's neopolitan pizza in Mpls on Lake street and it was delicious.

Also tried Firehouse subs and it was pretty tasty.

I like turtles food.

I tried the quesarito the other day and agree with the disappointment in the lack of nacho cheese sauce and the burrito inside was sort of plain.

I traveled through Yakima, WA the other day and if any of you guys are ever there check out Los Hernandez Tamales.  Some of the best tamales I've had outside of my mom's.  They also have an asparagus and cheese tamale that's really good.

For hot dogs, I agree Costco can't be beat, but if you are ever in Houston check out a place called James Coney Island.  Good dogs with different dressings.  That's all they do and it's pretty good.  Not sure if they are outside of Houston.  

Anyone here a fan of Famous Dave's?  Probably my favorite chain BBQ place, though they have limited locations.  

Famous Daves is good. Wait time was  a little long for the kids though. I love that they give you 4 or 5 different sauces to try at the table, and that the spicy sauce is actually spicy.

Yeah, the spicy sauce (Devil's Spit) is the best spicy I've had.  They sell it in bottles so we stock up and us it on our own ribs.  

The only bad wait I've ever seen there was on father's day when the line was in the parking lot, but honestly we usually just order to go from there. 

My favorite hotdog is probably Ted's, though we have the only location outside of Western New York I think. Well actually my favorite was a place that did Boston style hotdogs (is Boston a style?). The buttered buns were soooo good, hotdog was pretty good too, think it was 3-4 bucks for one though.

Ted's prices are pretty decent and they grill the dogs which taste damn good too, I love their White Hots the most probably though.

Bunch of Chicago dog places here including Portillo's, all taste about the same to me though. Got a newish place that does Detroit Coneys though that was pretty good and cheap, hot dog was nothing special but like their homemade chili.

Anybody have some do and don't in San Diego in the Gas Lamp district? So many places there, don't want to pick a bad one.

Thanks for that ad-hoc recommendation. Had a great meal there and was a very reasonable price. It's a shame they had an earthquake there 3-4 hours after my meal 0_o

You never ate a cock? Often called rooster, cockerel or basically a male chicken.

Check out this cake my Aunt made for my daughters birthday. It's a Grumpy Cat of Youtube fame cake.

gallery_354731_8409_333638.jpg

I tried to post a picture of him in real life but CAG would not allow the pic.

I moved recently and down the street is an Italian restaurant called Mario Bros.. I think it's a sign for me to finally buy a Wii U.  Meatballs are excellent as long as you have them separate as opposed to a pizza topping. Pizza's also not bad; I need to try various toppings to see what I like best.

Speaking of pizza, has anyone tried the Pretzel crust pizza from Little Caesar's yet?

Also went to the local diner and ate the best biscuits and gravy ever.  Every place (including homemade) always has hard biscuits either on one end or both ends. This place called Butterfields served them perfectly with a light crisp that wasn't like biting into a coaster.

And once again, I live around a Chick Fil A where the female staff is very cute. There's no universities around like the one I use to go to so I'm thinking it's an unofficial rule of hiring.

I moved recently and down the street is an Italian restaurant called Mario Bros.. I think it's a sign for me to finally buy a Wii U. Meatballs are excellent as long as you have them separate as opposed to a pizza topping. Pizza's also not bad; I need to try various toppings to see what I like best.

Speaking of pizza, has anyone tried the Pretzel crust pizza from Little Caesar's yet?

Also went to the local diner and ate the best biscuits and gravy ever. Every place (including homemade) always has hard biscuits either on one end or both ends. This place called Butterfields served them perfectly with a light crisp that wasn't like biting into a coaster.

And once again, I live around a Chick Fil A where the female staff is very cute. There's no universities around like the one I use to go to so I'm thinking it's an unofficial rule of hiring.
I tried the Pretzel crust from Little Caesar's and hated it. Could just be the location i went to but I wouldn't give it another try to find out.

bread's done
Back