CAG Fast Food/Restaurant Foodies Thread

Had a free pizza at Grimaldi's a couple days back. Pretty good, sauce not as strong in flavor as I personally like but liked the sausage and the crust. Roasted red peppers were good too although expensive.

Went to Z'tejas on Monday, had a Steak burrito and it was surpringly pretty good. Steak was tender and had a good flavor, green chili sauce was flavorful as well (a little mild though). Had a trio which had standard guac, a okay but not great salsa, and queso. Bit pricey on the Trio but you get a decent amount at least. Spanish rice was done right, hard to find that kind of Spanish rice (most are really bad).

Only time I ever go to Little Caesars is for the Hot n Ready $5 deal. And even then it tastes like a $5 pizza. You get what you pay for.

On an admission I never really liked Subway. I go once every few weeks and it's just so bland. I would stop going but it's the only super cheap place around work and it's right across the street. So when I don't bring in my dinner and don't have much time it's really my only option if I want something semi-healthy. 

Frosty coupon books are back at Wendy's. 5 frostys for a buck that is donated to charity.
Purchased one of those free frosty with purchase charity donation key tags earlier this year. The damn thing apparently split at the hole punch and was lost after one use.

I know it goes to charity, but I just don't carry coupons around with me. They would end up expired.

Frosty coupon books are back at Wendy's. 5 frostys for a buck that is donated to charity.
Excellent. I usually buy these and give them out during Halloween along with candy.

Only time I ever go to Little Caesars is for the Hot n Ready $5 deal. And even then it tastes like a $5 pizza. You get what you pay for.

On an admission I never really liked Subway. I go once every few weeks and it's just so bland. I would stop going but it's the only super cheap place around work and it's right across the street. So when I don't bring in my dinner and don't have much time it's really my only option if I want something semi-healthy.
I agree to a extent. I usually get the Subway Club, Meatball, or Chicken Pizziola when I get tired of the taste otherwise I like it. I never had double meat before, but it would probably enhance the flavor.

Before I moved, the local sub shop used Boars Head meat. Holy crap that was delicious. I hope to find a similar place here (or for that matter a Quiznos.)

I always prefer Quiznos over Subway but around here there's only like one so it's usually Subway for me. Subway I always get the same thing, Chicken Bacon Ranch in flatbread. Unlike most of America I'm not a guy that's big on bacon in everything but man does it go good with that.

I think I've said this before but Quizno's has gone down hill big time in the last 5 years. I remember going there once a week in college and absolutely loving it. Chicken Carbanara and Honey Mustard Chicken were the bomb. But the last few times were awful. I even got a stomach ache my last time there, probably due to under cooked chicken. Never going back.

Publix subs are the best. If you live in the south you know what I'm talking about. Board's Head deli meat and they pack those suckers. We get a footlong and my wife and I split it.

Also anyone else like banh mi (Vietnamese subs) There's a Pho' place by me that's sells them for $5 and they're the bomb. And don't get me started on Pho'. Love the stuff.

I always prefer Quiznos over Subway but around here there's only like one so it's usually Subway for me. Subway I always get the same thing, Chicken Bacon Ranch in flatbread. Unlike most of America I'm not a guy that's big on bacon in everything but man does it go good with that.
And to think I got an email from Subway a few minutes ago advertising meals "for bacon lovers". I believe I've only had bacon on their breakfast flatbread which was merely ok. I wish Chick Fil A had breakfast all day; their chicken minis with honey glazed biscuits are the best. Their biscuits and sausage gravy aren't bad either.

I think I've said this before but Quizno's has gone down hill big time in the last 5 years. I remember going there once a week in college and absolutely loving it. Chicken Carbanara and Honey Mustard Chicken were the bomb. But the last few times were awful. I even got a stomach ache my last time there, probably due to under cooked chicken. Never going back.

Publix subs are the best. If you live in the south you know what I'm talking about. Board's Head deli meat and they pack those suckers. We get a footlong and my wife and I split it.

Also anyone else like banh mi (Vietnamese subs) There's a Pho' place by me that's sells them for $5 and they're the bomb. And don't get me started on Pho'. Love the stuff.
Part of why I want to go to Quiznos and because I haven't been there often; one by me closed and the other is 20 minutes away. Their toasted subs are better than the Subway overcooked/burnt attempts.

So THAT'S why there is always a line at Publix Deli. I always hear their subs are good but never had one. What do you recommend?

So THAT'S why there is always a line at Publix Deli. I always hear their subs are good but never had one. What do you recommend?
Just get Boars Head meat and cheese and you can't go wrong. I usually get an Italian or Cuban. They have a lot of different deli meats so if you want to replace the normal ham with say a maple glazed honey ham or tavern ham it's no problem. Also the bread and veggies are super fresh and tasty and the price isn't all that crazy. The only downside is the wait since they slice the meat and cheeses on every order.

I also recommend the rotisserie and fried chicken (8 pieces) family meals. You get a whole bird with 2 sides (usually coleslaw and beans) & some Hawian rolls. All that for I think $10. Maybe it went up in price, not sure. And the chicken is legit. Not dry or anything. But they tend to bread the fried chicken a bit too much.

Subway I usually get the Oven Roasted Chicken as that is slightly cheaper than the Chicken & Bacon or the BBQ pork subs. Always get double shredded cheese.

Never had mine burnt but the cucumbers do cool off the chicken fast.

The one Walmart up here has a sub place called Slice of Italy. Their subs are not that great, but they have very good spaghetti alfredo with lots of chicken. Pizza ain't too bad either.

I haven't been to Quiznos in like forever. They had great salads and tastly subs, but a little pricey.

Has anybody tried Jersey Mike's? Only had it once and didn't care for it.

Tried Wendy's Pulled Pork sandwich. It was OK, though it would probably be better without the coleslaw. Will not be replacing the Spicy Chicken anytime soon.

I haven't been to Quiznos in like forever. They had great salads and tastly subs, but a little pricey.

My husband has had it a few times, he makes it sound like it's delicious. I haven't had it yet

Raising Canes just opened by my house. Not impressed. The toast and canes sauce were the bright spot. Would rather have the Culver's back that used to be in the building.

Just had a Firehouse Subs open nearby.  The Philly was very bland.  Tried the spicy meatball the other day, it was not bad.  A little over priced for what you get IMO.

Just had a Firehouse Subs open nearby. The Philly was very bland. Tried the spicy meatball the other day, it was not bad. A little over priced for what you get IMO.
Firehouse is definitely a little overpriced. I wouldn't trust a philly from any chain though, so I'm not gonna hold that against them.

The Hook and Ladder has always done right by me

hookladder.png

Just get Boars Head meat and cheese and you can't go wrong. I usually get an Italian or Cuban. They have a lot of different deli meats so if you want to replace the normal ham with say a maple glazed honey ham or tavern ham it's no problem. Also the bread and veggies are super fresh and tasty and the price isn't all that crazy. The only downside is the wait since they slice the meat and cheeses on every order.

I also recommend the rotisserie and fried chicken (8 pieces) family meals. You get a whole bird with 2 sides (usually coleslaw and beans) & some Hawian rolls. All that for I think $10. Maybe it went up in price, not sure. And the chicken is legit. Not dry or anything. But they tend to bread the fried chicken a bit too much.
Publix subs are good, but they too are a little pricey. Maybe I still just think a sandwich lunch combo shouldn't cost $10 though. I actually prefer getting the Boar's Head meat and cheese and some of their dinner rolls and making up 2 sliders.

Their fried chicken is pretty beast, especially for the value. 8 pieces, with a decent amount of meat on each piece (not like KFC's whimpy breasts), and 2 large sides is hard to beat for $10. We usually stop and get that after a day out at Disney, so we don't have to worry about cooking.

Last edited by a moderator:

Way late but family gets Jersey Mike's quite a bit, personally I really like it. Usually get the club supreme, but I think the best is getting the italian, throw the meat in the microwave at home and add some mustard/mayo (get it's mikes way though). Good and greasy.

On topic of sandwiches, tried Which Wich a few weeks ago and it was...meh. I liked the ordering system and the topping options seemed nice but the meat wasn't the greatest quality especially for the price so probably won't go back.

Oh tried one of those dorritos chulpas or whatever the hell taco bell calls them (the ones with the taco wrapped in a thick tortilla and cheese between). I don't see what the difference is between it and a regular version to be honest, couldn't taste the dorritos locos taco at all. The $5 box was a good value though, better then a combo from McD or BK etc. It's still Taco Bell though, new Taco Bell at that (where fire sauce would be considered MAYBE medium most places around here).

Culver's I don't really like, but maybe I just ordered the wrong thing or location was poor that day or something. Just seemed really meh.

Last one, on the topic of chicken, if you are ever in Lake Havasu, checked out Scotty's Broasted Chicken. Had it at their other location in a shit North West AZ city a few times and it is great! The chicken tastes good and is tender and juicy and mmmm...and the broasted potatoes are pretty good I think, had decent fish there as well last time.

If you live in a state with a Sheetz I highly recommend their walking tacos; you can choose from the following to top it: Doritos, Fritos or Tostitos. I'm not big on tacos but love these things. I add grilled chicken to mine and usually get the Doritos one. Fritos would be good but they use the "scoops" kind and they put so many in them it's just a pain in the ass to eat. Tositos are good as well but Doritos are my favorite. I like how they added the ability to order online and through the app so you can have your stuff ready as soon as you get there.

Raising Canes just opened by my house. Not impressed. The toast and canes sauce were the bright spot. Would rather have the Culver's back that used to be in the building.
I have given them TWO chance, both times I found the chicken very bland... I would be crying if I had a Culvers replaced with a Raising Canes.. Love me some Culvers

So Pizza Hut has a ton of new options coming soon. 6 sauces. Different crusts. Looks good.

Had Chic-Fil-A for the first time this weekend. Pretty good but not mind-blowing amazing.
wow... I love CFA... Spicy Chicken sandwich is amazing... though with anything, if its been overhyped in your mind, sometimes you are let down when you actually have it. The nuggets put all other fake crap out there to shame...

Yeah. I wanted to try the nuggets and I totally forgot. I'm sure I'll go again and enjoy it but it probably was built up in my head. Although, so was In 'N Out and when I finally had that my mind exploded.

I love Chick Fill A. Their chicken is actually meaty and doesn't have that over cooked batter crunch like other places do.  If you have the nuggets, get them during breakfast hours with the mini biscuits which have a honey glaze. Best biscuits around.

Their shakes are really good too.

Wendy's > Chik-Fil-A.
Your opinion is not my opinion, therefore it is wrong.

I get Wendy's chicken sandwich on occasion during my dinner break and I wish they were Chick-fil-a. Wendy's has that processed chicken mush while Chick-fil-a has the texture of a real cut piece of chicken. And they don't batter that shit to death like everyone else. Plus you get that chick-fil-a sauce and smear some on, it's perfect.

Long live the Jesus chicken that is Chick-Fil-A.

Spicy Chicken FTW. I could eat Wendy's Spicy Chicken every day. Your Wendy's must sucks ass, as mine are never mushy. Always hot, juicy, and crunchy.

McDonald's Crispy Chicken used to be really good, but their Premium stuff is horrible. McChickens are still good, though.

Had Chic-Fil-A for the first time this weekend. Pretty good but not mind-blowing amazing.
If you ever come away from eating fast food of any kind thinking it is mind blowing amazing, you should be very concerned. CFA is pretty good by fast food standards but it's never going to replace a good meal.

Spicy Chicken FTW. I could eat Wendy's Spicy Chicken every day. Your Wendy's must sucks ass, as mine are never mushy. Always hot, juicy, and crunchy.

McDonald's Crispy Chicken used to be really good, but their Premium stuff is horrible. McChickens are still good, though.
Wendy's is awful, sorry man. If you like McChickens though, this could explain the difference in taste. Those are terrible too.

They're not as good now that they jacked the price up, but at least McDonald's still slathers a bunch of mayo on there.

I forgot to mention that whenever I get a Chick Fill A sandwich, I always order it WITHOUT the pickle. Even if I leave it and remove the pickle, sometimes the pickle juices remain and alters the taste so it's not as good. GTFO pickles.

I go to Wendy's more often for their double stacks. Their chicken nuggets are my second favorite. Chicken sandwiches are fine, but they're not as good as a Burger King Tendergrill.

I forgot to mention that whenever I get a Chick Fill A sandwich, I always order it WITHOUT the pickle. Even if I leave it and remove the pickle, sometimes the pickle juices remain and alters the taste so it's not as good. GTFO pickles.
I agree so much with this. Hate pickles. Yet oddly like cucumbers.

Your opinion is not my opinion, therefore it is wrong.

I get Wendy's chicken sandwich on occasion during my dinner break and I wish they were Chick-fil-a. Wendy's has that processed chicken mush while Chick-fil-a has the texture of a real cut piece of chicken. And they don't batter that shit to death like everyone else. Plus you get that chick-fil-a sauce and smear some on, it's perfect.

Long live the Jesus chicken that is Chick-Fil-A.
I always get the ranch and put it on my spicy chicken sandwich... and as far as fast foods go, you cant get much better than chick fil a

Wendy's is awful, sorry man. If you like McChickens though, this could explain the difference in taste. Those are terrible too.
We are lucky to have the spicy mcChicken here, which are decent for $1... the regular ones taste awful

They got rid of the Spicy McChickens here. Them and Mighty Wings are gone. Regular McChickens are the only decent things left.

I wish Wendy's was next to work instead of McDonald's....

Nobody bought The Mighty Wings because they were expensive as fuck. McDonalds had all these wings no one was buying so to break even they tried to cut the cost. I never tried them but I wanted to.

I just couldn't justify fast food wings which were 5 for $5 when I could go to Buffalo Wild Wings and get 8 wings with fries and celery/carrots for $7.99. Plus their Asian Zing sauce is the shit.

Meh, never liked Buffalo Wild Wings. Their standard BBQ sauce was weak.

I prefer KFC's wings, but McDonald's was pretty good. Actually had more meat than their Premium sandwiches. :p

Went to Red Robin the other day and got my burger free because they brought out the wrong one. I would've just said whatever and ate it but they brought out some blu cheese burger. I'm not a fan of it on my burger. I could tell the waiter felt bad probably thought he was getting a bad tip. His boss probably yelled at him. I left him a pretty good tip with a note saying "We all make mistakes bro"

Funny because this is the second time I got my meal free because of a mistake.

They got rid of the Spicy McChickens here. Them and Mighty Wings are gone. Regular McChickens are the only decent things left.

I wish Wendy's was next to work instead of McDonald's....
They don't offer the Buffalo Ranch Spicy McChicken for $1? You can just get that without the buffalo and/or blue cheese/ranch/whatever it is. Though, I do recommend the Buffalo sauce.

They don't offer the Buffalo Ranch Spicy McChicken for $1? You can just get that without the buffalo and/or blue cheese/ranch/whatever it is. Though, I do recommend the Buffalo sauce.
They have the Buffalo Ranch, but not Spicy. They got rid of it months ago. And the whole menu got their prices jacked up. Regular McChicken is $1.40 now.

My uncle's McDonald's is one of the test areas, so he gets all sorts of stuff like pizza, chicken wjngs, hot dogs, etc.

Got an email from Pizza Hut. They are revamping their menu big time.

New ingredients - Spinach, Salami, Banana Peppers, Meatballs, Cherry Peppers

Change the sauce on any pizza - BBQ, Buffalo, Honey Sriracha, Garlic Parmesan, Marinara, Crushed Tomato

New crusts - Toasted Cheddar, Toasted Parmesan, Sriracha, Asiago, Pretzel, Red Pepper, Butter Garlic

Sauce drizzle toppings - BBQ, Buffalo, Balsamic, Honey Sriracha

New pizzas - A bunch of new specialty pizzas plus the BBQ pizzas are permanent. Also a new Skinny menu where each pizza is under 250 calories.

Papa John's is the place that got me into garlic. Curious to see what Pizza Hut garlic sauce is like. Dominos' dip isn't as good as Papa John's.

There's a place out here (and where I use to live) called Marco's that uses actual meatballs on their pizza. I'm not talking cut up like Papa John's and Dominos or sliced like some Italian pizzerias so. I'm talking round meatballs that weigh slices down.  I wish more places did that. 

wow... I love CFA... Spicy Chicken sandwich is amazing... though with anything, if its been overhyped in your mind, sometimes you are let down when you actually have it. The nuggets put all other fake crap out there to shame...
Noticed that with a couple places around here (with other people reviews on yelp and such), they are places the food is just good, it isn't blow your mind away good...just done right and tastes good. Seems the hype of those places gets it too built up and people expect more. Anyways were I was going with that, is CFA seems like that, it isn't mind blowing amazing, it's just good and done well. I really need to go back to CFA again soon, been quite awhile since I've had it (probably my favorite place for a chicken sandwich)

Going off other conversations, I agree about the pickles though I actually like pickles, on a chicken sandwich though I'll pass. I think, because I usually get the deluxe, they aren't on there but can't remember for sure it has been so long.

New pizzas - A bunch of new specialty pizzas plus the BBQ pizzas are permanent. Also a new Skinny menu where each pizza is under 250 calories.
I tried two slices of the 7-Alarm one. I remember the crust being so dry from the pepper and the buffalo sauce having too much vinegar. Felt watered down. :whistle2:?

Went to San Diego over the weekend, and not going to get into everywhere but one I feel worth suggesting is Embargo Grill. Had their Cubano special and it was sooo good, can't tell you if it's authentic or not (being the first I ever had) but loved it. Fries were pretty good, the sauces were the best. Price wise it's good too, think it was about $7 for a cubano, the deal they had on Monday though was a cubano, fries, and a drink for $10 ($12 if you want to upgrade to a craft beer). 

Throw in one more, Marion's Fish Market was pretty good as well. Had the fried Pollock and the Mahi Mahi tacos. The Pollock was good side and okay, only about $3, the Mahi Mahi though was my favorite though close to $4 a taco. Little dry but the fish wasn't seasoned just had a nice grilled flavor and their wasn't a ton of sauce or anything that took away from the flavor of the grilled fish (it did need a touch more sauce but still). It's in Seaport Village though, and the parking is pretty expensive imo. 

Bit bummed didn't get to any fast food mexican and try carne asada fries but sure I can find them around here pretty easy if I really want to try some.

bread's done
Back