CAG FIFA 09: Champions League, Fixture 3 is up! Fixture 2 due Wednesday!

talonthrawn

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
It's that time CAG'ers FIFA is out and its time to set up a tournament to decide who is the best (and cheapest) footballer out there. We are going to start by trying to get eight teams and see how it goes from there. Any European club team is fair game. I will set it up as two champions league groups with a double round robin and the top four moving on. I will randomly draw the group stage and the winner from Group A will play the second place team from group B and vice versa. (These rules can be up for discussion) I will start by taking Inter Milan. Please sign up below with your gamertag and desired team. If we get 8 quickly we might try for 12 but I have a feeling that will be stretching it.

We are going to play by regular table rules. So if its a tie after regulation, you can play extra time to decide the game do it being ranked but only the score at the end of regulation will count. You will receive 3 points for a win and 1 for a tie. The top two teams will play a knockout round which will consist of two legs. If tied after two legs (of regulation) then you will play the extra time and if necessary penalties to decide the winner just like the champs league. The finals will be the same format.

Please sign up and feel free to ask me any questions regarding the league and all suggestions will be taken into consideration.

Also for the sake of the league and getting know each other outside of the competitive games, I'll captain a 10 v 10 team. If you want to sign up for 10 v 10 and not the league pm me!

Table Cheapy W D L P GD

Juventus (xscrubo) 1 0 0 3
AC Milan (sstyler24) 1 0 1 3
Barcelona (Juan C) 1 0 1 0
Liverpool (Clingsmash)0 0 1 0

Table Shipwreck

Man Utd (Dr. Costa) 2 0 0 6
Inter (Spartans FTW) 1 0 0 3
Lyon (hom3land) 0 0 2 0
Chelsea (Regian) 0 0 1 0

Last edited by a moderator:
Fixture two!

Juventus (scrub0bk\xscrubo) v. AC Milan (sstyler24\sstyler24)
Barcelona (GoodFella/Juan C) v. Liverpool (nubirdman/Clingsmash)
Inter (talonthrawn\Spartans FTW) v. Man Utd. (Costa\Dr Costa)
Lyon (homeland\hom3land) v. Chelsea (Regian\Regian)

3/8. Lets keep it goin! I looked up running the league through FIFA and it seemed kinda meh. The round robin was either 1 or 3. So we could do a you play everyone once then have the top two or four play in a playoff. What do you guys think?

OK we'll go with two tables then. And welcome GoodFella. If anyone has friends not registered to CAG and they're dependable to get their games in get them in here!

Wait what the duce is going on?

I am down for anything fifa but cant start anything until the 13th of Nov.

Sweet 7/8, I love it! Soodmeg, we will probably start pre Nov. 13th but if season one goes well, I'm sure we can start a second league (maybe a World Cup). Also, anyone who has signed up, invite me to your friends list and maybe we can play some club games before our season starts.

Uhm, you guys figure it out over Liverpool. I'd say nubird gets them but if you guys can figure something out thats fine. As soon as you do we will get up and running and hopefully get some games in this weekend.

It will be up to the people playing the games when they play. You will be responsible for setting up a game time and playing your game. I'll set an undetermined timeframe on when your games should be played and based on whomever shows the most initiative on getting that game played will get the win. BUT the tiebreaker for each table will goal differential. And we will hopefully get started tomorrow assuming we get the Liverpool thing sorted, if neither replies by tonightish I'll give nubird Liverpool.

Boltz, we just got 8/8, but if you want I'm sure someone will flake out and you could take their place if/when that happens.

AND! Fixture one is up so lets try to get our games played, this is usually best served by posting in the forum or using the PM function. Post your score AT THE END OF REGULATION (extra time/shootouts will not be used to determine a winner but feel free to play out your game due to ranked/dnf) The deadline for me handing out wins will be next Saturday.

homeland I'm avail tonight after 6 or so and most of the day tomorrow, just let me know when you can play.

wife is visiting her family until Wensday so i'm free whenever...i literally have nothing to do so I'll leave it up to you to decide when.

Sorry on the name mess up and 5 minute halves. (I prefer you use a ranked game in which 5 minute halves are default.) And homeland I'll be on XBL playing something or other probably all night so whenever you want to get on and play just shoot me a message on XBL

First game down. Spartans FTW 1 v. H0m3land 0

Really good game with good chances on both sides. Got lucky on a lob and caught Quaresma with no one around at the 80th minute for the go ahead goal. Good game should be a good rematch.

very good game. That lob truly caught me off guard. will take a rematch anytime. Whats the time period for people to play their games.. is it a week?

[quote name='-GoodFella-']scrub0bk, I added you to my friends list. Let me know when you're ready to play our game.[/QUOTE]

im ready to go anytime before 4 pm or after 1030. let me know

Arsenal (scrub0bk) 1 - 0 Barcelona (Goodfella)

Very good game. There was a bit of lag but nothing that broke the flow of the game. I had possession of the ball most of the match and also had a ball hit the post on a CK. scrub0bk scored on a counter attack that caught me off guard. Not bad for my 1st ever game of FIFA online ( I'm a die hard PES guy but this year's FIFA is outstanding)

Yeah I used to be die hard PES too. But man FIFA has gotten really good. I've been having fun with the Be A Pro: Seasons and playing online a bit.

OK, well, I could post a second fixture say on Wednesday, but still give people a week from the fixture date to get their game played. How does that sound?

sstyler, regian, nubird, costa. I suggest trying to PM or use XBL if you aren't getting a response on the forums. I'll post fixture two tonight.

AC Milan (sstyler24\sstyler24) v. Liverpool (nubirdman\Clingsmash)

Milan 2 - Liverpool 0

Any way each "game" could be a best of 3? We were having an awesome time but it went by too fast!

bread's done
Back