CAG Fighter Fighting Game Matchmaking - SSFIV AE Games with Gold in June, Skullgirls Encore (free update) Out Now!

GGs last night to... oh wait, everyone decided to play Borderlands 2 instead ;).

On a serious note, is anyone besides Guardian getting MVC Origins?

Anyone pick up DOA5? In command training, you need to use R3 if you want to see a demo of the combo. I use an arcade stick, and it won't let me change the demo button, like p4a does for instance.

;(

I picked up both Marvel Origins and DOA5. I know Shinobi and bs picked up Marvel Origins as well. I'm up for playing either sometime. I'm ass at both and enjoying it.

I took my name off the spread sheet but I would like to play with you guys again,internet has been somewhat more reliable for fighters. I got to play a really long set with Guardian in Marvel last month, I was bodied for free but I felt like I got alot out of it(at his expense :D ). If anyone wants to play DOA5,UMVC3,TTT2, AE, and VF5FS(picking it up today, its 600 points this week), hit me up.

This might not be the best place to post this question but here goes anyway. I'm a casual fighting player who really liked the Street Fighter 4 games and Tekken x SF and not so much MvC3. I'm looking at the newer fighting games (ie DoA5 and TT2). Which should I got with? I do own a stick if that matters and also realize that these are not 2d fighters like the previous ones I mentioned which I why I wanted to purchase one of them. Was also looking at Virtua Fighter 5 on the arcade as well. Any help or suggestions would be awesome.

So the HD Remix (and VF5 & 3rd Strike) are 1/2 off this week. This means some people that are behind the times *cough* Kensei & Gouki *cough* should get HDR so we can start playing ST!

[quote name='GuardianE']I picked up both Marvel Origins and DOA5. I know Shinobi and bs picked up Marvel Origins as well. I'm up for playing either sometime. I'm ass at both and enjoying it.[/QUOTE]
I'll probably pick up MVCO since I have the points for it. I've been hearing excellent things about the netcode.

[quote name='BackInBlack']I took my name off the spread sheet but I would like to play with you guys again,internet has been somewhat more reliable for fighters. I got to play a really long set with Guardian in Marvel last month, I was bodied for free but I felt like I got alot out of it(at his expense :D ). [/QUOTE]
I'd be down for some UMVC3. You have my info!

[quote name='FrankySox']This might not be the best place to post this question but here goes anyway. I'm a casual fighting player who really liked the Street Fighter 4 games and Tekken x SF and not so much MvC3. I'm looking at the newer fighting games (ie DoA5 and TT2). Which should I got with? I do own a stick if that matters and also realize that these are not 2d fighters like the previous ones I mentioned which I why I wanted to purchase one of them. Was also looking at Virtua Fighter 5 on the arcade as well. Any help or suggestions would be awesome.[/QUOTE]
Some of the other guys might be able to answer that better as I don't have any of the new 3D fighters. VF5 seems like a killer deal at the sale price right now. For me personally I like the looks of TTT2 a little better and I think it'll have more staying power. DOA5 however might be a little more accessible.

[quote name='MtlTom']So the HD Remix (and VF5 & 3rd Strike) are 1/2 off this week. This means some people that are behind the times *cough* Kensei & Gouki *cough* should get HDR so we can start playing ST![/QUOTE]

I picked up HD remix and will be looking for games this weekend.

Also, pick up 3rd strike if you don't have it! The MVCO netcode will be coming to it soon.

I entered all the games (HDR, 3s, AE, SFxT) for the SF 25th Anniv. tournament in Los Angeles. I'll probably be hopping online in all of them. For AE, I'll probably hop online on PC more often than the 360. Lemme know if anyone wants some games.

[quote name='shinryuu']I entered all the games (HDR, 3s, AE, SFxT) for the SF 25th Anniv. tournament in Los Angeles. I'll probably be hopping online in all of them. For AE, I'll probably hop online on PC more often than the 360. Lemme know if anyone wants some games.[/QUOTE]

I know Gouki just picked up HDR & I think we might play tomorrow. If I see you on I'll send an invite.

[quote name='MtlTom']I know Gouki just picked up HDR & I think we might play tomorrow. If I see you on I'll send an invite.[/QUOTE]

Probably won't be on tomorrow, have class all day. =p

[quote name='MtlTom']I know Gouki just picked up HDR & I think we might play tomorrow. If I see you on I'll send an invite.[/QUOTE]

I'll be ready to play some HDR tomorrow. I'll also play 3S with any takers.

Someone make this their avatar...

540938_10101512200240442_68676240_n.jpg

[quote name='MtlTom']Someone make this their avatar... [/QUOTE]

That kick is is the new anti-Claw technology.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question guys i'm going to get back into fighting games and was wondering which fighter should i pickup between super street fighter 4 arcade and ultimate marvel vs capcom 3?

[quote name='Jay']Question guys i'm going to get back into fighting games and was wondering which fighter should i pickup between super street fighter 4 arcade and ultimate marvel vs capcom 3?[/QUOTE]

I'd honestly recommend picking up both because they'll each satisfy a different fighting game "itch" you might have. SSFIVAE is a staple older-school game with a fresh coat of paint and UMvC3 is a quintissential fast paced new-school game. Marvel's speed, mobility, and attack options can be overwhelming at first, but is relatively lenient execution-wise. SSFIVAE is pretty easy to follow, but more advanced tactics are execution-heavy. Right now, SSFIVAE is on sale from NewEgg.

They're both extremely different beasts, but communities are healthy in both, so you won't go wrong with either.

It really just depends on what style of game you really like. I like both but prefer the faster pace of marvel over street fighter.

[quote name='Jay']Question guys i'm going to get back into fighting games and was wondering which fighter should i pickup between super street fighter 4 arcade and ultimate marvel vs capcom 3?[/QUOTE]
Definitely NOT Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3.

I'm only kidding. Sort of.

[quote name='MtlTom']SFxT Street Fighter Changelog:

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/oct/19/street-fighter-x-tekken-v2013-patch-notes-pt-1/

I'm willing to give this game another shot.[/QUOTE]

They've still done nothing to alleviate jab pressure. Gems are still a horrible mechanic. I still hate the disc locked characters. I abhor the existence of autoblock/tech. the timer is still way too fast. I'm reluctant to throw any more money at this PR disaster, and it doesn't look like they're actually addressing those problems with this update.

One thing's for sure. Even if they do fix those problems, its reputation is completely ruined. One horrible design choice after another has kept people away from it, and it's practically beyond redemption. I watched the SFxT tournament for the 25th anniversary, and I still couldn't get excited for the game.

[quote name='BackInBlack']hey guys, what is a good low execution team to learn marvel? I am so bad at the game.[/QUOTE]

By low execution team, do you just mean high damage with minimal effort? Or each character is low execution and effective?

Something like Captain American, Wesker, Sentinel is low execution and high damage team, and Sentinel assist obviously does great things for both point characters. You can play each of them at a relatively competent level with little effort.

If you just want to pick a bunch of lower execution characters with easy combos/hitconfirms and without a lot of liabilities, there's always Ryu, Wesker, Spencer, Captain America, and Wolverine... but a lot of them won't work well together without projectile, lockdown, or neutral assists, so weigh your options.

Is the mortal kombat 9 online community still popular now and is the netcode still awful like it was when the game first came out? I was thinking about picking the komplete edition at gamestop today for 20 bucks.

Just inquiring about Magneto. I am still learning other characters naturally,besides working with an easier team so that I can actually win a match and find some synergy.

Those Magneto inputs don't sound right. I think there are variations, but I'm fairly certain that you have to do a j.M before flight and follow with a j.L before going into the j.H loop.

In vanilla you could do j.H, adf, j.H, fly, j.L, j.H. In Ultimate that combo is corner only. Midscreen it's j.H, adf, j.M, fly, j.L, j.H into whatever

Thanks bs/guard.

Been practicing Captain America/Wesker/Sentinel. Starting to understand a bit more about the game now. Weskers otg assist is pretty nice/obviously. Need to learn how to work wesker. its pretty cool how he has a wall bounce in there. Are there a lot of chars with wall bounce?

I made a video for Dudley. I put together a bunch of easy to execute combos for common situations like comboing off a launcher or an overhead. I also included stuff like anti-airs and how to combo off of air to airs. It's meant to give you a solid starting point when picking him up for the first time, so there's no super advanced stuff. See the description for extra notes. Tell me what you think okay cool thanks. lern2dudley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-L1dBL2C68

Nice work, Dudley is really good now. His damage and pressure are both great and it helps that he's got an uppercut worth a damn (compared to SFIV).

bread's done
Back