CAG Fighter Thread XL (40) - SSF2T HD RMX / SF IV / SC IV / TKN 6 / BB / GG XXX / OMG

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='MarkMan']From a game system standpoint, T5DR on the PSP was done really well. The only differences are the graphics(obviously)... But before DR on PS3 came around, I was all about the PSP version... shitty dpad and all..[/QUOTE]

I still think the PSP slim is worth getting due to how damn god the d-pad is now.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I still think the PSP slim is worth getting due to how damn god the d-pad is now.[/QUOTE]

I'd really love to get a PSP slim, but I just don't have the cash for it right now. Or rather, I do, but I'd rather spend that on various games/anime/movies/prostitutes.

One of these days I'll get a slim though.

TEKKEN 6 Arrives In Southern California!

March 18, 2008

Tekken 6 is now in California! Super Arcade is now the second location in the United States to get their hands on an imported version of Tekken 6! Special thanks to all of the SOCAL scene for keeping the community in the loop on Tekken 6’s arrival! If you want to make it out to Super Arcade and try out Tekken 6… Here is the address:

Super Arcade
1211 N. Grand Ave
Walnut, CA 91748
MAP

The arcade is located right across the street from Mt. San Antonio College in the same plaza with Jack In The Box. Expect more information and impressions soon!

MM you going soon?

Also is that schezerade girl in SC4 gonna be big titted or what....I will be disappointed if she is not.

Nice. My wife is leaving SD today, too. :/

And PSP Slim w/T5DR is teh awesome. Just an amazing port and fun to play when you're not near a console. The Slim's d-pad makes it even better now.

So are FT'ers still getting SCIV? I'm still on the fence, but I'm leaning towards that Triple because of Vader.

I'm picking up the PStriple version of it, unless the 360 version is miraculously better, but I doubt that'll happen with a Japanese developed fighting game like this. And seriously, Yoda is lame... I'd pay extra to take him out of the game. Still not big on the Vader thing, but I can deal cause he's kinda a cool character.

Anyway, I think I'll play Brawl tonight. I've gotten that case open, I just haven't felt particularly motivated to play the thing. So I'll fix that. I'll try and send out some friend code request things.

Actually, out of curiosity, is the Wii number I have listed in my profile going to be the same as my code for Smash?

I'll get both SC IVs...

About the Sczehrkehhrehrehhzhhede, I think she's going to be the silent protest of the bunch... You know, the ugly flat one.

I'll be going to play T6 this week in LA for sure, only an hour and a half away from me.

i'm looking for a psp slim right now. a friend busted my old one, so he gave me 110 for it. that tekken 6 machine is really close to my sister's house. I might have to go check that out when i go visit her again.

[quote name='Chacrana']Actually, out of curiosity, is the Wii number I have listed in my profile going to be the same as my code for Smash?[/quote] Nah, the Smash friend code is different from the Wii console one. Tha Smash code is like 12 digits long.

hmm...

super arcade isn't THAT far from where I work.

on the other hand, i don't think i can tolerate long lines. =)

Dude, that's the only thing I dread, the long lines... I don't care though really as long as I get to watch / get an IC card.

The great thing about it, is the T6 machine at Super is the ONLY dedicated Tekken 6 arcade cabinet in North America.

The Super Arcade owner should make some good profit this weekend... he got 200 IC cards and sold 50 the first night. WTF... lol.

Did that update for Tekken DR online hit yesterday/today like it was supposed to? I know it was supposed to be for the Japanese version but wondering if anyone tried to update or if it gave any new netcode or anything. I've been holding off on Dling the game til this update came out.
-G

Nothing really improved netcode wise, just a bunch of features for the online portion of the game. As of right now it is only for the JPN/HK version.

[quote name='MarkMan']Same, I'm not going to go into it with high hopes like I had for SC III...[/quote]
I'm sticking with the 360 version because I trust their online more than the PS3's.

As for competitivity...we'll see. If MvC2 somehow managed to stay in the scene, I ain't giving up on SCIV before it's out. ;)

SUPER ARCADE T6. :hot:

Well with MVC2 there was actually a community for both console and arcade... with SC the community is primarily console... :/

I miss SHGL, don't you B:L? :(

[quote name='InuFaye']Is arcana heart worth picking up later this month.[/quote]
short answer: no

long answer: hell no

man, i hate how brawl is console-only.
it's more awkward going to some random dude's house to play than an arcade.

that is, if i can find a random dude's house to play at.

[quote name='Rodimus']Fow those who play SSBB, what are your 3 favorite characters? Mine are: Diddy Kong, Wolf, & Wario.[/QUOTE]

Lucario. I've been playing him religiously as of late. I really want to make him my main.

After him I'd probably say King Dedede. Slowly but surely trying to learn how to play as him.

Awesome news about T6 in SoCal. I'm still waiting for any of the NorCal arcades to pick up that shit.

Regarding SCIV, I'm definitely getting it on PS3.

[quote name='MarkMan']Joe: I hear ya on that one... it is a bit awkward... I haven't done that in years for Tekken...[/quote]
hah, that's how i met afam and confucius and that one other guy from ucsd. man. i ain't even remember. the anna player. that guy was good, or rather, much better than me.

i can wait on t6 though... hahah =)

KoFXII "scans"

http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org6573.jpg
http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org6576.jpg
http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org6578.jpg
http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org6580.jpg
http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org6581.jpg
http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org6582.jpg
http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org6583.jpg
http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org6584.jpg

May I say that KoFXII and Battle phantasia are doing what has been needed to be done for 2d fighters in a while? beautiful hand drawn high rez art... I'm still waiting for a game where all the sprites are painted.

also new mechanics:

-The multi-shift system from 2003 has been abolished and the game is returning to the old 3-on-3 elimination style matchups.

-Attacks will clash/erase each other, much like in Asuka120% or the GGX series. It seems that this is SNKP's solution to high priority attacks.

- Opponents hit to the edge of the screen will droop there for a while, becoming vulnerable to additional attack(s).

- There's a new motion called the "Guard Attack", which switches the offense and defence in an instant. Not much details on this system, we'll have to wait and see what it's really like.

Anyone able to find better scans of the KOFXII article in Famitsu?

Found another loose translation of the article highlights on some forum:

--What kind of a matchup will KOFXII feature?
SNKP: Rather than the multishift system from KOFXI, this game (KOFXII) will adopt the traditional 3-on-3 elimination style battle system that's been used since KOF94. By returning to the traditional format and revising the game system that's gotten too complex, we're aiming for a game balance that's playable even for beginners. Instead of complicated combos that makes full use of the game's system, we want to put emphasis on "reading the opponent's mind".

--Is the guard system a part of that?
SNKP: We'll only say that it's a "very offensive system". We plan to make it a system where you can hit back an opponent's attack so that (the player's) offense and defense switches sides.

--What kind of an effect does the "Sousai" (clash) system have
SNKP: The attack detection on both sides will disappear and you'll have to start over again. We've added a lot of (elements) to this system as well.

--Final words to the fans please
SNKP: All of our staffs are working off their heart and blood to make this the best 2D fighting game ever. This game is the result of what we insisted on developing in 2D. Please look forward to seeing it, both in terms of graphics and gameplay.

Sounds good and looks good...very excited so far.

Thanks for the scans Rolento.

The sprites are looking great. I'm glad they are finally giving the series a visual upgrade.

Good to see as well that they are getting rid of the tag system. As awesome as KOFXI is, that aspect was probably my least favorite.

[quote name='MarkMan']I miss SHGL, don't you B:L? :([/quote]

Don't remind me. I moved into an apartment that was basically RIGHT NEXT TO SHGL the month after it closed down. :bomb:

But yeah, I miss it. We all do. :cry:

I was never a fan of KoF...but then again I tried to get into it with NeoWave. KoFXII does look pretty crazy. :bouncy:

Thanks for the scans ReRo and I agree with you, this what 2D games should have been years ago. Bout' time we see the next generation of 2D. Glad to see Terry back in his old Fatal Fury gear. I always liked classic look more.

Have they said what system it'll be on yet?

Namco is hosting a Soul Calibur IV/Tekken 6 event in San Francisco in mid April. They will have details/information on the console release of Tekken 6... ^_^

The event is primarily a Soul Calibur IV event... but not to me... ^_^

So, expect an update from me in mid April.

Whoa, Rodimus is no longer a donut? Or was your username always just "Rodimus?"

Anyway, I second the whole "I like the next gen of 2D" bit.

All this Crystal Chronicles playing has deviated me from practicing in CvS2. Rock is back in my stable, since he kinda plays like Terry, at least in my poorly-written book.

[quote name='Chacrana']Whoa, Rodimus is no longer a donut? Or was your username always just "Rodimus?"

Anyway, I second the whole "I like the next gen of 2D" bit.[/quote]

No, I changed it a few days ago. All my other online handles are just "Rodimus" so this just simplifies things for me. I have a bad memory.

KOF XII remains far and away my most anticipated fighting game. The loss of the KOF '03/XI switching system just elevated it even higher. Assuming it makes it's home debut on the PS2/3, I'll be getting the import version on day one (or day zero if I can swing it).

I didn't mind the switching system in 03/XI. I liked it, but didn't like it enough for me to actually care that it's gone. Just glad to have the good old Terry back.

Think Rock will finally make his official KoF appearance in this one? Been waiting for that since Garou.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']in KoF XII I'm dying to get a look at Ralf... he better be damn in there![/quote]

He's had perfect attendance so far. I wouldn't be too worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back