CAG Fighter Thread XL (40) - SSF2T HD RMX / SF IV / SC IV / TKN 6 / BB / GG XXX / OMG

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='MarkMan']Seriously, I think Marshall Law is the closest (moveset) wise to Bruce Lee out of all the clones...

Kim Dragon
Jan Lee
Fei Long
Forrest Law
Marshall Law
Maxi

Am I missing anyone?

I can even tell what movie/move and vice versa some of Law's stuff is from lol...[/quote]

...Lee Chaolan? ;)

I was going to suggest Kenshiro because of all the nonsensical yelling and occasional nunchuck action, but then I realized that Bruce Lee is just imitating Kenshiro.

T. Hawk is definitely a Bruce Lee ripofff... heck, when you fly from the sky to hit your opponents and have a fighting stance like him you deserve to be called bruce lee... >_

[quote name='Chacrana']I was going to suggest Kenshiro because of all the nonsensical yelling and occasional nunchuck action, but then I realized that Bruce Lee is just imitating Kenshiro.[/quote]

I will agree with this...

doo doo do-doo doo, d-d-d-d-doo doo do-doo doo d-d-d-doo

JEKKI's no stranger to looooove~

071212_breakdance.gif

he knows the rules.. and so do I!!!

[quote name='H-Town Info']I want my Arcana Heart![/QUOTE]

Same here. Odd that I didn't get a call yesterday to pick up my pre-order at EB/Gamestop. It should be in stores by Wednesday and that frightening automated phone call should have confirmed that.

Pretty excited for June 26, since KOF 98 Ultimate Bout comes out then finally. And it's only like $50, not $65 like I expected. Not sure if I'll pick up the Sunsoft collection, though... I remember Waku Waku 7 being fun, though nothing great. And the inclusion of Galaxy Fight drags that shit down into the gutter.

Still waiting for Windjammers though...

GG's to Mr. Beef & Co. in CVS2 today. It was nice to get a handful of hours of games in after work today.

...Joe double cyclone
...Rekka cross-up's
...Ken being annoying
....Eagle being a bitch

Crappy news about Arcana Heart. I found out when I stopped into EB on my way home today. Oh well, I get paid on Friday.

GG's to you as well, core. I was worried that I wouldn't even get a win in, but thankfully Joe disagreed. GOD, that Eagle!

Also been getting some more SSBB practice in. Man, D3 is so freaking amazing. I just wish he could infinite grab more than 5 characters. Oh well, normal chain grabs are just as good. =D

GGs asianxcore. It's been a while since I've seen Eagle want to dominate the screen with his sticks' range so much. Looking forward to it again.

GOTDAMNATION~!!!

man fock jibby jab... tryin to get my $3 and shyt I cant even boggie with Leah Dizon for free man wtf?!?!?!

who do they think she is huh?? $3 hoe?!?! man fuck dat $3 is what u spend playing Street Fighter when u got nothing else to do in the nite...

STREET FIGHTER!! u got that!?!?!?!

wtf Jibby Jab kno about Street Fighter huh?!?! they like "hmmm... hm.... $3 hahaha diabolic schemes!!"

and I'm like man fuck that!!

wipe my ass with $3 man...

[quote name='Mr. Beef']GG's to you as well, core. I was worried that I wouldn't even get a win in, but thankfully Joe disagreed. GOD, that Eagle!
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='guido_anchovy_9']GGs asianxcore. It's been a while since I've seen Eagle want to dominate the screen with his sticks' range so much. Looking forward to it again.[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys! Again, thanks for inviting me over. It's always awesome to make new friends, especially ones who dig fighting games. Beef has my number and I have his, so hit me up here or on my cell to see if I can drop by for more games.

There were a lot of good CVS2 matches that day. Andrew was psyched that I played CVS2.

I weird myself out with CVS2. I can roll cancel but still jump too much. *scratches head*

Yeah, I noticed you were constantly in the air in our games. Oh well.

Man, I don't think I'll ever forget that Joe/Ken moment. Shinryuken vs. Double Cyclone, damn.

New Street Fighter IV Location Test Reveals... (New/Old Chars + MORE) !

New Street Fighter IV Arcade Location test is going on in JAPAN NOW!!!!

Recently unveiled character El Fuerte is now playable and plays much like R. Mika from the Zero/Alpha series...

New unveiled character Rufus. Reminiscent of Mr. Heart from Hokuto No Ken (Fist of the North Star)...

Also with this newest location test, the FOUR KINGS have returned!

Vega, Balrog, M. Bison and Sagat are all playable!

Rejoice!

More info news/soon.

Also Bison (Dictator) is in SF2 style (skinny) not the buffed out Zero/Alpha version...

The new IC card system features in place now are the ability to buy different colors for your char's outfits (2 each as of now) and also earn stamps from different arcades that you play at.

Looks like they're starting to implement the custom stuff soon... like I mentioned awhile back.

hmmm... I hoep they have more than just color changes and add outfits >_<

also, on the subject of Street Fighter... It's MC Hammer and Guile!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cM7vqqS8jSI[/media]

How is Arcana Heart? I saw it listed on EB's and liked the look. Truly "Fate Stay/Night" would be ideal with those kind of graphics and instant kills by Grand Phantasm's but I digress.

[quote name='Chacrana']Don't bother.[/QUOTE]

What's wrong with it? Oh and I may just buy a couple of copies of it to eBay later as I suspect Atlus didn't produce many copies of it and it won't see a reprint. Just my suspicions.

Well like, the first time I played it, I was like, "wow, this isn't as good as I was expecting, but it's got potential." When they announced a sequel I was like "well, it could be good." And then I played the original again after that and realized, "oh, this is slow as shit, and it sucks." Honestly, if you want a girl-on-girl fighter, just get Melty Blood AC Ver. B and be done with it.

i love how chac and i are outrageously anti-arcana heart.

game is slow and boring as hell.
now i'm all for cute and/or sexy girls beating up on each other

but it fails to even entertain on that level

wow, a match actually finished with half the timer to go!

i don't like those airdashes though.
it looks so much faster than it really is. =)

[quote name='InuFaye']Did anyone pick up Lolifighter2k8?[/QUOTE]

No but you have figured out why I didn't.

Maybe I'm just shallow but I need some testosterone in my fighting games. I'm all for ladies in fighting games (Karin is probably my favorite SFA3 character) but a game that more or less panders exclusively to the japanophile/otaku/pedo set, not so much.

I might get it.

Lolifighter intrigues part of me,and its atlus so it will have a print run of exactly 13,445 copies.

[quote name='Chacrana']Well like, the first time I played it, I was like, "wow, this isn't as good as I was expecting, but it's got potential." When they announced a sequel I was like "well, it could be good." And then I played the original again after that and realized, "oh, this is slow as shit, and it sucks." Honestly, if you want a girl-on-girl fighter, just get Melty Blood AC Ver. B and be done with it.[/QUOTE]

QFT. It's pretty slow and shitty. MB smokes it utterly.

I've been playing a ton of Guilty Gear AC and T5 DR. I'll be playing some Tekken 5DR and/or VF5 later, prolly a few hours, so if anyone wants to play, hit me up.

I picked up Arcana Heart just in case it'll be worth money down the road... I still have the Japanese version on my HDD...

Did Atlus localize AH with English voices?

BTW, I saw the gameplay footage of Yoda/Vader in SC IV... Looks fun ^_^

I think Arcana Heart is worth the money. The money maker is doing a bunch of combos in the game. Yea i was pissed off about the no voices in the game.

New videos from Street Fighter IV location test... Featuring El Fuerte vs Zangief and NEW CHALLENGER Rufus vs Blanka!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ljf8DK2gP4[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbewQKWf-Xs[/media]

[quote name='Chacrana']The fuck? That new, fat character looks stupid as hell.

Like, the character designers must be batshit insane.[/QUOTE]

I have been disappointed with SF 4 since they released info on it... it's basacially all 8 of the original cast, plus some extremely shitty new designs which looked like Ecole made rejects out of KoF 2001.

SF 3 was awesome, it had only a small fraction of the decent SF 2 characters, and then it had some awesome regular characters. SF 4's new challengers are some of the most generic fighters I've seen yet.

His name is Rufus though, haha, total win. This is the worst design yet, though, so EPIC FAIL.

[quote name='Roufuss']I have been disappointed with SF 4 since they released info on it... it's basacially all 8 of the original cast, plus some extremely shitty new designs which looked like Ecole made rejects out of KoF 2001.

SF 3 was awesome, it had only a small fraction of the decent SF 2 characters, and then it had some awesome regular characters. SF 4's new challengers are some of the most generic fighters I've seen yet.

His name is Rufus though, haha, total win. This is the worst design yet, though, so EPIC FAIL.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, none of the new characters even look remotely good. It's not that they're generic - it's that they're stupid. And everyone else still has Special Ed-style facial expressions. I'm really hoping the game turns out, but it just looks so shitty every time I see it... :cry:

Oh well, when there's so many other, guaranteed to be awesome fighters, I won't mind too much if SFIV is a massive disappointment.

[quote name='Chacrana']Seriously, none of the new characters even look remotely good. It's not that they're generic - it's that they're stupid. And everyone else still has Special Ed-style facial expressions. I'm really hoping the game turns out, but it just looks so shitty every time I see it... :cry:

Oh well, when there's so many other, guaranteed to be awesome fighters, I won't mind too much if SFIV is a massive disappointment.[/QUOTE]

Finally, someone who doesn't blow a load over SF 4... I definitely agree, it certainly doesn't look good at all in the design department.

I think they are generic and stupid... what's that guy, Abel? Totally generic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back