CAG Fighter Thread XXXIX - Fighters Reborn 08 Ultimate Match

Yeah, that SF4 animation looks funky.

As a game it looks like it'll be decent though. I can see it being really simple yet deep.

Agreed, KOFXII looks fantastic. Can't wait until we start getting some gameplay and character info.

I'm still on the fence about SFIV though.

I have archniphobia so I wont be playing the bug fighting game. fuckin hate spiders.

Glad I'm not the only one loving KOFXII. I have I feeling it will still get over-shadowed buy the other big name fighters (like it always does) I wonder if this came out last year would the impact be greater?

Wow does KOF XII look awesome. At the beginning of the video I was like, "man, that looks like XI, what is everyone talking about?" then, BOOM.

As far as SF IV goes, that whole "tons of animation for each move" thing is precisely what I didn't like about SF III and is why I stayed a SFA/KOF fan.

Here's a list of fighting games of 2008 so far :) !

2008 ARCADE FIGHTING GAMES (JPN)
Street Fighter IV
Arcana Heart II
Melty Blood: Actress Again
Blaz Blue
King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match
King of Fighters XII
Virtua Fighter 5 R *
Samurai Spirits Sen

2008 CONSOLE FIGHTING GAMES (USA, JPN)
Tekken 6 (PS3)
Soul Calibur IV (PS3, 360)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)
Super Street Fighter II TURBO HD Remix (PS3, 360)
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core PLUS (PS2 JPN)
Arcana Heart (PS2)
Blaz Blue (PS3) *
Sengoku Basara X Cross (PS2 JPN) *
King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match (PS2 JPN) *
Battle Fantasia (PS3, 360 JPN)
King of Fighters Maximum Impact Regulation A2 (PS2 JPN)
Akatsuki Denkou Senki (JPN)
UFC 2K9 (USA)
New Mortal Kombat Title (USA)
Street Fighter Alpha (PSN) *

* TENTATIVE

doods! I read on SRK Abel is based off this guy named Fedor:

fedor7.jpg

he is MMA fighter (same style as Abel) and currently very popular in Japan.

[quote name='MarkMan']
Sengoku Basara X Cross (PS2 JPN) *

* TENTATIVE[/QUOTE]

I was totally hoping for that :)

Is the Arcade release going to be in April 08' as planned and probably a console (JAP) release later this year?

Good thing I have a new job to pay for all these import fighters

Watched a higher res version of the KOF XII trailer... amazing, especially the backgrounds, can't wait til' more footage is released.

Also I'm much more excited about SF IV after watching the vids... well, I think maybe that's just cuz I was playing Super Turbo during lunch... yea that might be it lol..

[quote name='JEKKI']doods! I read on SRK Abel is based off this guy named Fedor:

fedor7.jpg

he is MMA fighter (same style as Abel) and currently very popular in Japan.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's Fedor Emelianko (sp?). He was the Pride Heavyweight Champion before Zuffa (the company that owns UFC) bought Pride and then effectively dismantled it. Pride was really popular in Japan but never really recovered from a Yakuza scandal. Fedor is still considered the greatest heavyweight fighter in the world, and most consider him the greatest Mixed Martial Artist pound for pound in the world in general.

He fights for the M1 promotion now.

[quote name='jimfoley16']Yeah, that's Fedor Emelianko (sp?). He was the Pride Heavyweight Champion before Zuffa (the company that owns UFC) bought Pride and then effectively dismantled it. Pride was really popular in Japan but never really recovered from a Yakuza scandal. Fedor is still considered the greatest heavyweight fighter in the world, and most consider him the greatest Mixed Martial Artist pound for pound in the world in general.

He fights for the M1 promotion now.[/QUOTE]

Man, you really know your shit.

Yeah Fedor Emelianenko is insane, just watch some of his highlight vids on youtube. He like....consumes souls.

[quote name='B:L']Mo' like the Pride Champion.

Fedor Emelianenko.[/quote]

^ from the previous thread, but still one of my favorite vids of him.

It just goes to show that you can be a nice guy in the ring and still whup some ass. :lol:

[quote name='Chacrana']lol, I just noticed the mad face that ReRo chose as the icon for this thread. I laughed more than I should have at that.[/quote]

It makes the thread look evil & unwelcoming. I like it :twisted:

KOF XII >>> SFIV, no doubt. KOF XII is what SFIV should be.

And I'll echo the Street Fighter EX IV comment that Rodimus made.

KOF XII and BlazBlue = heaven. Bring that shit. Plus Tekken 6 and Soul Calibur IV. :)

And Virtua Fighter 5 R? I hope it's just a downloadable update. Or a budget release like VF4 Evo. I'll probably play the shit out of that.

I too hope that VF5R will be a downloadable update, but I'm hearing it won't. IF it even does come out on consoles, it will be full price.

[quote name='MarkMan']I too hope that VF5R will be a downloadable update, but I'm hearing it won't. IF it even does come out on consoles, it will be full price.[/quote]

That's a perfect example of what DLC is for. And when you say "full price" do you mean $60 or more discounted?

I forgot to mention this, but I picked up a Pelican PS2 to PS3 adapter for $2.99 at EB Games tonight. It had a used pricetag on it, but it was definitely new. So now I have two. They didn't have any last time I was there, so keep your eyes peeled. It might be YMMV though.

I'd have to echo the sentiment that KoF XII is getting me all excited. To be when honest, when the original teaser for SFIV was shown off with Ryu and Ken, I was kinda thinking that the style for the game was going to be what KoF XII is looking to be now.

One thing I noticed from the KoF XII trailer was that it seems Benimaru dropped his leopard print top. Thank GAWD. Maybe I'll be willing to pick him up again now. XP

I wanna see more crazy camera angles with Zangief. Like insane stuff. Like what happens to the camera when Ryu does a Shinkuu Hadouken should be standard for all of Zangief's regular special throws, especially spinning piledriver.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I forgot to mention this, but I picked up a Pelican PS2 to PS3 adapter for $2.99 at EB Games tonight. It had a used pricetag on it, but it was definitely new. So now I have two. They didn't have any last time I was there, so keep your eyes peeled. It might be YMMV though.[/QUOTE]

Lucky you! I'm jealous.

I'm still looking for one more, mostly for T5DR and VF5. I still like to play all my U.S PS2 games on my PS2.

On a random note, I remembered how to do a variation of Raoh's infinite from HNK last night. Funny shit pulling it off against some of my friends last night at the 'cade. Made me realize how long it's really been since I played HNK.....way too long.

Sweet. I'll import Blaz Blue for PS3 as it looks awesome.

I sure hope they port over KOFXII to PS3 as I want that real bad too.

I assume SFIV on both consoles is a lock? I also reserve judgement on it until I actually play it. I see where most of you are coming from as far as the complaints, but I'm a casual player so I'm less concerned.

Samsho looks terrible, though. Unfortunately, I see nothing redeeming in that one and I think it is fail. :(

[quote name='asianxcore']Lucky you! I'm jealous.

I'm still looking for one more, mostly for T5DR and VF5. I still like to play all my U.S PS2 games on my PS2.

[/QUOTE]

I use mine with my PS3 for Tekken 5 DR and with my PC. They work great on PCs.

Hm I'm liking Arcana 2. Well, I'm liking that huge screen they're playin' on at least!

Ok, I'm gonna play some Arcana nowz.

[quote name='heavyd853']Sengoka Basara X looks great, when is it supposed to be coming out?[/QUOTE]

I asked that too a couple of posts ago. I think a JAP arcade release is planned for April 08'. Not sure when the JAP console release will be. Hopefully soon after :)

Very excited about all these new releases, minus the new SamSho.

[quote name='Chacrana']Jesus, I think all but one paragraph was like "the visuals are..." or "The visuals!" or "It's about time the visuals..."

Useless.[/QUOTE]

yeah, I read it after I posted it... show's what prioritys are for IGN. I bet they didn't even play it. sad fuckers.

on a side note... this will make you ask about your existence:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsqulpACYxE[/media]

Its not misinformed, the game is set in the guilty gear universe 10 years after xx or whatever. However, it has nothing to do with those games storywise.

BB look slike a total ripoff of GG anyway... all the way down to the character select. I can't say I like it more or less because of that. I was at least wishing some innovation in terms of style from Arc.

Loving Blazblue. Here is something I found which shows a silhouette of the other new characters.

BB is not set in stone that it's related to GG. The only thing Ishiwatari is doing in Blazblue is the music. IMO it's likely not related.

Here some other info for those who care for the game.

[quote name=' Reno from NeoGAF']I got my hands on this week's Famitsu for only a few minutes (it's pretty large this week too) but I scanned through the BlazBlue pages quickly and here are some more points. I'm doing this from memory but I will try to confirm these points plus others tonight.

- the graphics are definitely a step up from GG/FotNS/Sengoku X... backgrounds seem to be higher res and the characters also seem to be of the same resolution. Not to say that they are definitely higher res but they just look like it. Of course this is just judging from magazine shots but that was the first impression that I got.

- There are two bars underneath the character, one called the Hit Gauge (green) and one called the Barrier Gauge (red). They said that right now they can't go into further detail about it, but basically they suggested that the Hit Gauge goes up when you attack an enemy (didn't say if it had to be a clean hit or if it could be blocked) and is vital for pulling off a character's super move. The Barrier gauge I suppose is when you're under attack and drains whenever you use a technique associated with it. I guess it's like Guilty Gear's Faultless Defense?

- The EX button is used for a character's special abilities. It's explained that they did this so that even beginners can execute moves without too much difficulty, so they're trying to make this game even more of a polar opposite of Guilty Gear. Apparently advanced players don't have to worry too much about this since they can do special moves normally. For example, for Laguna, his EX power drains opponent's life gauge with a move called Souleater, and Jin's EX move is to freeze an opponent with a move called Frost Bite, and so on.

- One important change to the system is that unlike other 2D fighters where you can't get any extra hits in when an opponent is knocked down (or only 1 - 2 hits like Vampire Savior, etc.) you CAN continuing chaining combos in this game continually unless your opponent actually does something. So think of it like Tekken/Soulcalibur with their infinite oki games. Or like Melty Bread. Whatever. :p

- Noelle (I'm using this spelling because Noel is an asexual name, and Noelle is often thought of as the feminine version, but whatever) uses her guns in various combinations and apparently she tends to combo her moves on the ground as opposed to the air, more often than not. She's described has having a tricky style to her.

again, I'll read over the mag once I buy it tonight and correct any mistakes I had.[/quote]

Another one!

Another alias has been revealed!!! NOOOO!

I've been playing a bunch of ST...

Game is too fun with friends... That and 4 player Brawl is the nuts...

bread's done
Back